• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol prolly not for a while, if anything ill be going to cgc's more since im moving.

shoutouts to project styles

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
shoutouts to everyone:

GK Infinity: Thanks for hosting another kick-*** tournament!!
mexican: I'll get you next time. Fun matches though. DK and Ganon match-up is fun.
Chok: Good **** for winning the tourney. you still suck though... why can't you be as good as Project Styles though?
Suuwo: We should've played =/. Nice seeing you there though.
Brandon: Fun matches man. I have never faced a puff as difficult to beat as yours.
Phil: You're too good. Not bad for your new main =P.
Merced Crew: Good job mangs. You guys make me proud!
Park: <3 your Yoshi
Violence: Nice meeting you.
Keith: Nice seeing you there again. We should play next time lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man prj$ is crazy lol. young link and ganon mad representing at the tourny

really nice bracket for a local. mine went random guy, phil, mexican, brandon, mexican. didnt get to play bizz or dm in a set but i would've liked to haha

i liked all the comments about how theres no foxes/falcos here, its so confusing but its a learning process for everyone to know all the matchups in order to win. however, fox and falco still have an easy time winning against all our characters soooo.... :D

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
man prj$ is crazy lol. young link and ganon mad representing at the tourny

really nice bracket for a local. mine went random guy, phil, mexican, brandon, mexican. didnt get to play bizz or dm in a set but i would've liked to haha

i liked all the comments about how theres no foxes/falcos here, its so confusing but its a learning process for everyone to know all the matchups in order to win. however, fox and falco still have an easy time winning against all our characters soooo.... :D
lol, yeah...I had to play more good people than people who are there to get good. lol. I played a few randoms and played Chok, DM, Bizz, Brandon, and then Chok again. Not bad. I accomplished my 2 main goals going though...Placing high enough to make it home (lol), and getting my revenge on bizz for beating me at the last tournament. lol, I got my revenge on bizz for beating me at the last tourney and Andre got his revenge for me beating him at my first one. lol

I'll play you later Bizz. I felt like I got a whole lot better at melee though. I think I only lost a handful of games with my fox and almost all those losses were against Keith. Felt like I was on even footing against a marth for once, feels good man. I still have to apply OoS JC shine -> usmash. Pretty good when it works since it's a **** punishment

I'll play singles at Merced. I didn't want to enter singles this time. Anyone want to team up with my fox at Merced?

wtf u can oos jcshine? thats insane
Yeah, I accidentally learned how to do it actually... when I was practicing certain things you could do with OoS JC shine grabs. I don't know man, I'm trying to learn a lot of stupid ****. I tried seeing if dair -> JC shine -> usmash worked but I guess the dair gives even CPUs enough time to DI somewhere where the knockback from the shine pushes falco / fox away from the usmash range.

Again, hopefully next time I'll be able to implement more of this stuff for the merced tournament successfully. I kind of realized all those options out of OoS and JC shines really make a huge difference in all those close match-ups versus fox, falco, and puff. Puff can get shined in the face or usmash if she spaces incorrectly. Hopefully I can become a solid fox player soon

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
adaias i just think u needa learn how to approach :) hehe

i guess u dont have to

but thats if u wanna play like FRESNO/EAST COAST ♥

im moving to daly city................................ pretty much tomorrow 8D

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
ur biggest problem in melee is you're trying to learn jc shine out of shield into usmash or waveshine before you even have a good knowledge of the basics lol

work on the basics man, your tech skill and all that cool stuff youll develop along the way

by basics i mean l canceling and spacing and all that stuff

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
andre - good job winning the tournament, ur still too good and your ic's are mad classy son, good person + good ic's = win

jaime(mexican) - too good man, good job getting money to get home, getting revenge on bizz, and making finals 3 consecutive time with ***** DK LOL

bizz - ur ganon is mad nice its ********, i like it =D

phil - we didn't even need to give the full time shift on em son!, Lightwork!, EAZY!!!!

darkmike - nice seeing you as always, playing you is pleasure to, when i play you your samus definitely reminds me not to do stupid **** hahaha, ur gonna tap me so bad when you get a legit controller hahaha

anthony - AKA Lunchbox AKA Miztik AKA Pistol AKA LA AKA That dude i definitely need to play madden franchise mode with! it was definitely great seeing you man, reminds of the good old days when we always hung out, im pretty sure im coming back to modesto one more time, ill hit you up in advance so we can kick it again

Jamie - It was great seeing you as well man!, you gotta take me to one of those b-boy events where you smoke somebody, i went to a rap battle event where they had b-boying, but it wasn't the main event, breakers get off i'll also hit you up to in advance to kick it, if you wanna get back into smash ill go over and we can have one of those old school crack sessions again since i live back in the old neighboorhood

Keith - Enter next time mo****a!!!!!!!! u got this!!!!!! again ill def hit you up keith so we can chill as well

Nick Infinite - I like nick infinite idk why, i just came up with it right now, thanks for literally keeping the modesto scene intacted not only did you get a venue, u picked and dropped off everyone in modesto as well, much respect! Also gotta play you well when i go back

Eric(Violence) - thank you for taking us to modesto man, i have a ton respect for you eric cuz ur like the kindest guy ever and you always strive to get better and never have a negative mindset, you were keeping up with jaime to, just got to work on that clutchness, you really have a perfect attitude yo and im pretty sure its gonna take you alot places, in smash and in life.

Suuwo - DANGGIT, i feel bad cuz everytime we're around each other we never get to play, next time for sure!

69% - ur link is raw man!!!!, holy ****!! you beat my fox pretty solid

The Ice Climber Player - first off im a complete **** by not remembering your name hahaha my bad, ur ic's are sick man, keep that stuff up and ur gonna 4 stock my falco instead of 2 stocking it hahaha

Mr. TakeItEasy - has one of the most chillest names on earth and a sick ganon

Merced - as a whole thank you guys for showing like 10 deep, all of this keeps the 209 community alive eventually u guys are gonna get so good to where the bay area is gonna have to come to 209 for future tournaments hahahaha

Everyone else - if i forgot im sorry, you guys are all mad legit and it was great seeing you all!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah yeah brandon u right! i got mad respect for nick too

and cuz hes good at super smash brothers melee now :)

Yeah Jr. I don't really get to practice with anyone though except Keith and Nick. I feel pretty even with them when I'm playing well. I need to play people who are a lot better than I am so I can work at my best even when I feel pressured which is when I mess up my spacing or slow down on my follow-ups/shield pressure after l-cancel aerial -> shine which gives people enough time to grab me. Kind of sucks that Kenny isn't here to practice with :(

Any tips as to how to practice some basics without someone else? I guess I could watch some videos if there's nothing else.

tl;dr I need to play a really good fox / falco main to get better and Modesto has none

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nicks fox is good

keiths fox and falco are good

mine are total ****

adaias whatchu talkin about modesto has no spacies? our spacies **** ;)

hehe. and nick/keith is very good practice IMO.

Andre's always busy though LOL. You better play some friendlies with me at the Merced tournament if you make it.

Yeah I have to play smash more often, but I have to rely on others for transportation. Johns all day. Whatever, I am 4 months from turning 18 so that will be the end of my transportation johns.

I got in some good practice with Keith's falco yesterday so yeah you're right. I still suck at edgeguarding falco's phantasm. How should I respond to that? I really had no idea so I'd go with dsmash (if he went towards the ledge) or fsmash if he tried to go above it (I can probably come up with a better solution, but I like how fsmash stays out a long time).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i am def not making it to merced tourny but i might be able to go to the modesto one the day after haha

hehe and yea u got this. adaias bedriver.

u use fox right? one of my favorite ways to beat phantasm is utilt lol, nice and easy. u gotta be facing away. theres a lot of ways, u just gotta react properly.

bair and nair are really good. if ur reaction is not that great or u just wanna react to whatever height falco recovers from, u can just shield or edge hog, and then grab/attack him wherever he goes.

bair is basically the best edgeguarding move so in any case u can use it, ur better off using it unless u can use some even stronger punishment

and yea im moving tomorrow LOL

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Nick...upload vids...do it...do it now.....I'm going to text you right now and bug you to upload them....do it. lol
I got the txt, as promised. Sorry I couldn't upload anything today guys, I was pretty busy actually. totally open schedule tmw though so expect to see some videos then

Yeah Jr. I don't really get to practice with anyone though except Keith and Nick.
Man, you haven't even practiced with us in hella days. I've tried calling you when we've smashed at keiths but you never pick up. Gotta play with you again soon though, maybe this week?

nick's always been good but he has a soft spot in the sheik matchup that i exploit every time <3
It's true, it's my worst matchup. But I think I can take you lol. $1 MM, my zelda vs your sheik lol

and yea im moving tomorrow LOL
You'll be missed. Then again, I guess that means I'm 2nd best in modesto now rofl. keith's still got the upper hand against me, but i'll pass him up in no time :)

Sorry man. I was probably asleep or some garbage like that. I kind have the Andre syndrome now where I sometimes go to sleep at the most random of times. Of course the only time I can't be asleep is during school.

I can play my sheik. I got some ridiculous edgeguards but that's about it. Edgeguards that even confuse me as to how I do them. Then again you play puff so it probably wouldn't work if I tried.

Miztik

Smash Master
adaias i think if you want to get good just stick to fox you play too many characters its a waste of time if you want to get good when your messing around with alts you can put that time into working on implying the **** you know how to do with fox into a match, like yesterday when we played you went marth and mario...but then you talk about how you want your fox to improve..im just saying its prob your best bet to stick to one character as your skill improves your alts will also i mean look at andre, brandon and jamie both stuck to there mains and now all there chars are **** for the most part

I've been sticking to fox man. I don't play any other characters. At this last tournament I pretty much only played fox. When I didn't care I played mario just because I think he's fun and I won a good amount of friendlies with him anyways haha. Did I go marth on you? I know I played mario against you. I guess those few matches could have been more beneficial to me if I played fox, but it's not like I practice with characters like mario, marth, or sheik at all. I spend all my time trying to improve my fox. Blame the scorpion master for making me want to mess around with mario

I think I got down the captain falcon match up for the most part. I feel comfortable with it at least.

Keith, when I played you, I went all fox didn't I? maybe I did mess around with other characters once in a while, but I am sure I played fox the majority of the time.

I really wanted to play Project Style's young link with my mario though, I am not going to lie about that. Too bad we got kicked off because of mexican

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yo anthony it waz friendliez ppl can choose whoeva they want :)

it is tiring to focus on improvement 100% in a long day of melee

but yea its true

adaias just keep up the fox play and get more exp against nick and keith, they are both getting better a lot

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahaha jrs ness is too good

but is it good enough?

ahahahau gotta watch his team videos with nick, so good

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
so is your mom DWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry jr im just making a joke cuz i thought it was a funny opportunity!!!

Miztik

Smash Master
i know they were just friendlies but if hes not entering the tourney and not playing smash when people play at keiths friendlies at a tourney is the only time he can work on fox against others thats not comp

im just trying to help i could care less tbh

so yeah

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Suuwo, If you wanna practice your l cancelling and spacing, just do what JR did....play me. lol. If you miss an l cancel or mess up your spacing, you'll pay for it with a stock. It'll frustrate you and make you get better at it very very fast. Its one of the reasons why JR is so difficult to grab...He's had plenty of practice at me grabbing at him...he's kinda hard to grab in melee too. lol

Top Bottom