• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
awesome new modesto players

u got this adaias

jamie and brandon started playing at MHS lunch

and now we have TheWaffle77

there is POTENTIAL

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah peters never let us play during class either (although we still did hella other **** like solving rubiks cubes and playing risk lmao). Lunch is where it's at though... I got hella experience from playing during lunch

anyways if I do manage to sneak some people all the way into the small tournament scene here should we try that pool format? It would give newcomers the best bang for their buck and encourage them to keep coming.

The future of Modesto might have been altered!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pools would be fun

if u have enough time...........

JUST FINISH BRACKET AT MY HOUSE YAYUHZZZZZZZZZ

if im even home lols....

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
^lmao

Yeah I really wanna try doing pools this next tournament. I can't say anything yet for sure though because I've got no idea how many people are gonna be there. Is merced gonna be at this next one?

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
jr i already tried getting all the modestians to play starcraft with me, they either dont have it yet or dont play. ive just been playing by myself or with randoms :/

I'm all out of cash after that vacation and whatever I had went into buying school supplies and that sort of garbage. I have some money left, but not enough to buy myself SC2 :(

I'm contended with just looking at replays, builds, and strategies for now. I'll probably make the switch from zerg to terran or protoss because zerg is a bunch of bs right now. Have to wait for Heart of the Swarm expansion.

Keith, got any replays against KFC yet? What leagues are you guys in?

Miztik

Smash Master
i dont work sunday nick if your picking up keith wanna pick me up as well?

going all falcon

going to get off on you ******s

Yeah ditto matches are eh...well at least it isn't as dumb as ZvZ. Micro match-up. Gold league, priy gud.

What are you having trouble with in the PvP match-up? 2 gate rushes? Micro races? Or stupid cheese ****?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Yeah ditto matches are eh...well at least it isn't as dumb as ZvZ. Micro match-up. Gold league, priy gud.

What are you having trouble with in the PvP match-up? 2 gate rushes? Micro races? Or stupid cheese ****?
it's just dumb cus like, protoss vs protoss feels like rock vs scissors.

the only way i stand a chance is if i turtle a bit maybe expand to my natural if it takes a while, wait for them to attack my base, defend from the high ground and get some observers and see wtf they're doing in their base... then build units to counter whatever theyre doing.

turtling is so god**** boring though.

i was getting cheesed at first by the better gold protoss players, but i learned how to stop cheeses.

my favorite matchup is vs zerg. i get a quick 4 warpgate rush and take out their early expansions. i don't let them leave their base while i hog all the resources around the entire map. nearly all of my wins vs zerg were won using that strategy :D

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
lol, dammit....Phil and Brandon are coming too? how am i supposed to make money off of Modesto when GOOD people actually show up. lol. *sigh* i guess i'll have to use the KFC tag again to win the tournament. lol

As always I am bringing my cube to the tournament. I need someone to cover me with a memory card, just saying that in advance though that won't be much of a problem.

About how many set ups will you have Nick?

If you bring a setup adaias we'll have enough to run the whole thing smoothly. DO IT
I'll bring my cube. I don't have a tv I could carry to the place, but I assume you can get a tv for me right?

Keith, still interested in buying mesos? I can't get ****ing gMS working on win7 and I don't care enough to mess around settings, but I guess I will have free time tomorrow so why not. If you're interested we can talk about it at the tournament.

Violence

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm probably going to this. Mexican, I need to get some friendlies in with you, definitely.

I'm also curious to see what the level of player out in Modesto is before I leave the Bay Area, since I don't really see that many of them out in the other tournaments.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm probably going to this. Mexican, I need to get some friendlies in with you, definitely.

I'm also curious to see what the level of player out in Modesto is before I leave the Bay Area, since I don't really see that many of them out in the other tournaments.
Who are you again?...lol

Top Bottom