• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah

but it doesnt change that falco is the most aggressively powerful character in the entire game, and that when u play against a good falco who plays the matchup right its like "what the F*** do i do?!?!"

brandon shuts me down all the freakin time

and when i 3/4 stock kim or nick

its like

daaaaaamn, thiiisss birddddd

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lool yeah i guess

as fox against peach, i feel so vulnerable when i attack but as falco it's not as scary. maybe because when he connects, they actually get knocked back. haha idk.

LASERS BECOME VIABLE WHEN SWITCHING FROM FOX TO FALCO I MAIN FALCO FOREVER AND EVER LOOOOL

lool yeah i guess

as fox against peach, i feel so vulnerable when i attack but as falco it's not as scary. maybe because when he connects, they actually get knocked back. haha idk.

LASERS BECOME VIABLE WHEN SWITCHING FROM FOX TO FALCO I MAIN FALCO FOREVER AND EVER LOOOOL
Lasers have always been viable. They're just not that good in a lot of match-ups where you can get steamrolled for using lasers

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
omf god the mythical parkuza ARE YOU COMING???

p.s. i'm cursed forever. i pick sheik against a lvl 1 cpu and instantly start doing ledge hop double turn around needle cancels to grab the ledge. **** tech skill. i blame jamie.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol sup jamie

that girl is the cutest character in samurai champloo. love her

falco vs peach is my favorite matchup in the entire game.

next is probably ics vs falco

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha super random

i will most likely not make the tourny. im serving at the kids ministry at my friends big house haha, till early evening. but u guys can chill at my house after if u want

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
andre, don't hate. it's all we have this time around so it'd be nice if you didn't try to discourage potential attendees.

p.s. i wanna be just like zoap when i grow up.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
id like to see how the suuwo vs gk infinity vs lumpy cpu vs sage osaka vs zoap vs 69% metagame goes down

lol

i think sage should go back to link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
thats cute, seeing you all get excited about melee again and talkin about JRs play style and such . . . . .

im really kinda sad i didnt make it. I really wanted to mm andre, too. And I kinda wanted some of the JR love, too.

I really feel as if I have refined my game and can control my character in high pressure spots better than before. I MIGHT be gving up some aggro in my game though. . . alil scared of that, not gonna lie

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
jpeg ur falcon is mad good keep it up id like to play u again

i think u are better than mexi at least haha u got this

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Haha, thanks andre. But I still gotta play him a lot before anything can be said.
And you too, for that matter. I promised you MMs =D

ok, its official!

I will be able to make it the tournament. . . . but only for about an hour. my mom will be dropping me off then going for food for an hour b4 picking me up again.
Thanks for the ride offer, joe, but I am just going to be coming down there on the way to the move to vegas.
I will prolly show up around 1130 as im assuming i wont be able to get any friendlies at 1.
SO basically i will be looking to get in as many friendlies with as many people as possible before i gotta head out, again.
Nick, will you be able to supply me with an extra chair while I play? Thats all I will need.

See you guys there!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
^^^ lol

man. i can't wait to play jpeg. you're gonna be there at 11:30? that seems early.
i REALLY wanna play you. i wanna play you. i wanna play you.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
DAYUM we got some hella long posts up in here...

Nick could you try the old MLG stagelist for the next tournament? Then, again I am a liberal stagelist kind of person
I wouldn't be entirely opposed to it cause I like a larger list of playable stages. It just depends on what everyone there prefers though, so yeah... I'll propose the idea and see what happens.

god****it why do people call me patient
I don't really see you as an overly patient player when I'm playing you (you do seem to play as aggressively as possible), but when you're playing against people with a higher skill level you do tend to play safer. Eh, I guess you just don't seem to take risks as often. You wait for your opponent to do something that you KNOW you can punish instead of just attacking when it's likely you'll hit. Patience isn't a bad thing at all though. You're playstyle is much better than just being aggressive all the time.

jc grabbing is way easier, u just run, and then press up Z
Random question -- is it always beneficial to JC grab over a normal grab? Cause I pretty much JC grab all the time but I recall someone saying something about how it's actually worse with certain characters...

wait...is there really a tourney on sunday????@?@?@?@??@
OMFG where'd this guy come from?!?!? Yeah though, tourney this sunday. You should go. I can probably give you a ride if you need one too...

but its freakin 11-6 at a card game shop on a sunday
Yeah... not exactly the best venue or hours but it's all we've got for now. I'm looking into 2 other venues for future tourneys though. Idk, they may not even let us host another one there anyway

I will be able to make it the tournament. . . .
blah blah blah
Nick, will you be able to supply me with an extra chair while I play? Thats all I will need.

See you guys there!
Lol of course, no problem. One nice thing about the venue is that there are tons of tables and chairs. Glad to hear you can make it though, even if it's only for a few friendlies. I'll make sure to play you a few times while you're there.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
im thinking very, spense. theyve gotten some of that hyperbolic training **** going on lately. . . .

and cool, thanks, nick. im HOPING for 1130, but i will def be there by 12. Will be sure to get at least a couple sets with each member of the 209.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Random question -- is it always beneficial to JC grab over a normal grab? Cause I pretty much JC grab all the time but I recall someone saying something about how it's actually worse with certain characters...
jc grab is basically just a standing grab that you can do out of a dash or run.
it depends on if you want to grab (jc grab) or dash grab.

samus' dash grab has less lag if you miss so a lot of samus players will dash grab.
peach's dash grab has more range than her jc grab, so when chain grabbing, it's better not to jc grab. with fox/falco i'm pretty sure jc grab is always better (except when cging in fox dittos???)

i'm gonna look all this up on action replay soon haha. i'm curious now.

edit: nick, your tv and wii are at andre's. just so you know...
blah blah blah.

Talk to me about how good modesto melee is now
we are all amazing. that is all.

Stop lying to yourself Andre. Nick and I have improved a lot. The rest of Modesto seems to be at the same place, maybe some minor improvements. I guess two people isn't enough to amount for all of Modesto getting better overall.

I don't know if dash grab is better than JC grab in fox dittos. I think the dash grab is out for longer which seems like a good thing for that match-up, but the range is a bit shorter. If you JC grab and miss during a chaingrab, you're safer from counter attacks though

I think Jigglypuff's and Marth's pivot JC grabs are too good for this game

Park0o

Smash Ace
hey smashing at my house right now. probably all day till 8 or something. just show up or call me at 342-7710.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ugh... sorry bro. are you going tomorrow?

edit: i'm not even sure how i'm getting there... heh

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well i'm sure nick doesn't exactly want to drive all the way over here for me and keith.
i'll talk to keith and yeah, idk.

edit: about the CIA thing. anytime someone gives the "order to destroy all files", they should instantly be murdered, *****, and imprisoned for 25 years. (in that order)

well i'm sure nick doesn't exactly want to drive all the way over here for me and keith.
i'll talk to keith and yeah, idk.

edit: about the CIA thing. anytime someone gives the "order to destroy all files", they should instantly be murdered, *****, and imprisoned for 25 years. (in that order)
I'll be visiting your grave shortly after then

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah, idk if i'll be able to give kenny, keith, or anthony a ride because my car will be full of tvs and I'm giving RJ a ride too. I can't really make multiple trips either since I'm hosting the tourney, but keith should be able to drive you guys anyway... right?

Alright, I mentioned this before, but I won't get to the tournament early. So don't expect my cube to be there for pre-tournament friendlies.. I should show up before 1 PM before the real singles begin.

Nick sign me up for singles in advance just in case.

Top Bottom