• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nope. hah

i beat jr's marth with fox like 1 out of the 5 or 6 we played. i didn't get totally ***** every match that i lost though.
we both get good gimps on each other every match. i think i'm really good at fox marth match up (especially the gimps and edge guards).

i know how to position decently. i just need to be a tiny bit more patient and a little faster with the waveshine grabs.

as for jaime, i only played his dk with fox like twice and i won at least one of them. i wish i could've played him more. it's a good test for me because he's really good against fox with dk. he only needs 1 or 2 grabs per stock but it's really hard for him to get those grabs on a decent fox.

with both match ups, i need to just pick at them with hits here and there until one connects then see if i can follow it up or not, all the while being sure not to give them the one grab they need.

edit: my falco in teams... yeah... poor little dk gets murdered. haha

Fox definitely has the advantage over DK. I've never played against DK, but I agree that shine grab is definitely an option. I don't think DK has any relatively fast moves that can compete against shine grab

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dk has dtilt

i remember bum would use that a lot in order to get grabs

its a mixup though so its not guaranteed

but it was pretty good

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fox can be aggressive against dk all he wants, his body is so big compared to his shield so he will get shield poked after like 2 hits of shield pressure

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well i didn't get to play mexican enough to get familiar with the match up.
i just played it safe.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
moon is short for mooninite who goes by mastershake on smashboards.com

shakezulla

edit: man... i was at post 4444 and didn't notice. coolest number in the history of numbers.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
thread updated.
i'll prolly end up going.
just to keep modesto on their mutha fukkin' toes.

so how (un)healthy do you think LEAN pockets are? haha

ima update the first thread with mains because that's fun.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
um... jr, can i call shotgun on you in the teams tourney that i'm going to convince nick to hold?

yes?

ok, good. i'm glad. i thought you were gonna ditch me again... /guilt trip

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
will merced be coming? that'd be tight. we go there all the time so they owe it to us... /guilt trip

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'mma tell Merced peeps to go. And I'll actually make a thread for the tournament at some point tmw. Unless I'm overwhelmed by laziness of course, which is pretty likely I guess

But seriously, i'll make a thread. Maybe.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wonderful advice but I never said that. I do love shinegrabs again DK though. If they up+b out of shield, the shine cancels it and you grab them right after. too good!
so i randomly shine usmash kind of often (literally random) and if i'm running into an attack the shine cancels it and i still get the upsmash... too good, man...

i only shine grab with falco... idk why... dot dot dot... ellipses...
I'mma tell Merced peeps to go. And I'll actually make a thread for the tournament at some point tmw. Unless I'm overwhelmed by laziness of course, which is pretty likely I guess

But seriously, i'll make a thread. Maybe.
you don't like this thread? :/
i can put the info in the first post and/or title if you give it to me.

unless you want the amazing control over a smashboards thread. I FEEL SO POWERFUL!!!!

Nothing wrong with it being on a sunday to me. Also Nick mentioned something about starting singles after 1PM so I am sure you're out of church by then Andre.

It's probably the best option for now

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
**** modesto, i wish this tournament was hosted during our school year (ended last week). i would've definitely went if this was the case. oh wells, there's next school year, and I'll have a car by then.

ps: i'll be going to nor-cal tourneys starting from september so if anyone needs a ride to a nor-cal tourney, then merced can pick you guys up

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
**** modesto, i wish this tournament was hosted during our school year (ended last week). i would've definitely went if this was the case. oh wells, there's next school year, and I'll have a car by then.

ps: i'll be going to nor-cal tourneys starting from september so if anyone needs a ride to a nor-cal tourney, then merced can pick you guys up
i'll be moving to texas around early september. great timing -_-

Top Bottom