• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i got lost along the road to insanity and i refuse to stop and ask for directions

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
ps: i'll be going to nor-cal tourneys starting from september so if anyone needs a ride to a nor-cal tourney, then merced can pick you guys up
i might have to take you up on that. im going to try to get back into the tourney scene and the only thing holding me back is the lack of a reliable ride.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Andre noooooooooooo... can't say I'm really surprised though. I know you've got a lot of church stuff on sundays. Gotta find a better venue that'll let me host on saturdays and that stays open until 10

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Modesto Tournament Series: (Lumpy's) Gayballs Eat Dude's Ballsack
i approve of this title

So I finally got myself Speakonia. Pretty funny stuff for me at least.

List of people going?
lookin like some modesto and some merced

Andre noooooooooooo... can't say I'm really surprised though. I know you've got a lot of church stuff on sundays. Gotta find a better venue that'll let me host on saturdays and that stays open until 10
haha u got this

hey nick if u wanna play someone at a good level, kim is back for this month, u should call him up sometime

i played him, hes pretty decent and beats my ic's lol but my spacies TAPPPPPPPPPP

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
oh wow

u should

hes not as good as macd

he was like almost as good as kenny

but the good thing is that he never switches from peach (ganon to have fun sometimes)

for me hes a combo dummy sometimes but hes good enough to keep me trying

just the kind of player i like lol and i get better and more confident every time i play him

I'll see how I do with fox. Trying to really use him without feeling like I could do better by counterpicking a character. I really shouldn't be losing badly to falco anymore because of my match-up inexperience. I got over peach, ICs, and fox match-ups. Still have to master playing against falco and marth. I'll try HMW's advice.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
ima rhapeeeeeee you suuwo :) lets play at a smashfest

also, i got starcraft 2 beta key, but i have no idea how to patch sc2 beta?

whenever i patch it, halfway through it goes "your computer has a firewall" and i cant patch it even though i turned all my firewalls off

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace

whenever i patch it, halfway through it goes "your computer has a firewall" and i cant patch it even though i turned all my firewalls off
it only tells you that because your download is going slow, it should still be going though. on the blizzard updater (almost same one used for wow basically) on wow it shows the exact progress of what its doing but on the SC2 patcher it just says updating and doesnt tell you exactly what its doing. if you just leave it alone it should go, albeit slowly.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Modesto Tournament Series: (Lumpy's) Gayballs Eat Dude's Ballsack
i approve of this to an unhealthy degree.
ilyboo
Gotta find a better venue that'll let me host on saturdays and that stays open until 10
so will that other venue let you hold tourneys on saturday?
did you look more into it?
I got over peach, ICs, and fox match-ups. Still have to master playing against falco and marth. I'll try HMW's advice.
falco and marth are probably my two best match ups as fox.
i wouldn't dare go as far as to say i've "mastered" anything in this fuggin' game...

ANDRENATOR, you should have a smashfest thingy at your house again while kim is here. i've only played him a bit but you make him sound really fun to play. his peach would present quite the obstacle for my fox to EASILY CONQUER!!!!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

this wouldn't be an issue for you if only you were korean...
is that racist? am i racist?

Miztik

Smash Master
lol im likely not going :O sorry nick
gasp! im shocked andre wont be there he NEVER misses a smash event.

you asian as hell

this wouldn't be an issue for you if only you were korean...
is that racist? am i racist?
dat ***ga be asian as hell

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
so will that other venue let you hold tourneys on saturday?
did you look more into it?
I haven't gotten the chance to yet. I've gotta talk to the lady who owns the place and there's no particular time that she stops by the venue; it's totally random. So I've gotta check in from time to time and hope she's there sometime soon.

ok lets smash like next week hehe either may 24 25 or 27
That sounds good. I'll be off of work by then so my schedule will be pretty much entirely open

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'll play your fox with peach and play kim's peach with fox so i can be uber pro at that match up both ways.

Blah I still can't SHDL with fox unless I play clawed, but that playing style seems inferior for melee. It's certainly viable, but I doubt I could play at my best with it. I played clawed in some other games so I am somewhat familiar with it. I think Kenny knows how to play like that too

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i claw half the time when i'm peach but never with anyone else.

shine shdl with fox all day without claw. get at my average tech skill that would be amazing three years ago.

I'm going to john about my control stick being complete ****. I actually like it because it's so worn out and sensitive, but it's so inconsistent. SHL is generally superior to SHDL since it's a lot safer and offers more movement, but it's something I want to use when I'm across the stage. Oh well, I will stick to my full jump lasers to pick at puff and peach anyways.

I'm not very interested in useless tech skill. Need to perfect my game tech skill first and then perfect the more impossible stuff like powershielding and insane SDI before I move on to all that other stuff. Probably won't ever get there, but having a goal is the first step!

Man I need to step it up. It's almost been one year and I still have a lot to go

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I'm going to john about my control stick being complete ****. I actually like it because it's so worn out and sensitive, but it's so inconsistent. SHL is generally superior to SHDL since it's a lot safer and offers more movement, but it's something I want to use when I'm across the stage. Oh well, I will stick to my full jump lasers to pick at puff and peach anyways.

I'm not very interested in useless tech skill. Need to perfect my game tech skill first and then perfect the more impossible stuff like powershielding and insane SDI before I move on to all that other stuff. Probably won't ever get there, but having a goal is the first step!

Man I need to step it up. It's almost been one year and I still have a lot to go
it's true about shl being better over all. although i do shdl against marth when we're on opposite sides of the stage because he's actually tall enough to get hit by both lasers just standing there. powershielding is not impossible. just go peach or marth for a few matches against my falco and if you'll learn in no time.

and having a goal is for puussy faaggots.
i'm getting last at teh modesto tourney. YAYUHZZ
Who's going to combo food on Sunday?
wrong thread, bro...

John Johnson

pretty legit name there

I looked at fox's hitboxes and I was amazed that they didn't have all that broken range I thought they had. They're still good, just not broken long like marth or jigglypuff's hitboxes.

Someone recommend me some viable wii games. Anyone familiar with the Monster Hunter series? I don't know how good it is

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Me and kaushik are probably gonna go to the combo food next sunday. He lives only a few blocks away from you keith so i can pick both of you guys up no problem. Kenny or anthony can go too although idk if they'll want to haha. Same applies for andre or adaias i guess cause they're still on the way

Sunday: tournament sunday? My parents will take me to the tournament.

Nick, you're going to Andre's this following week right? I will leave my cube with you then. I have something to do on sunday. I will arrive a bit before 1, but I am sure you would like to have an extra set-up beforehand

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
sounds good. we should still smash sometime this week like thursday or friday though too nick, bring whoever you want and maybe jr and jaime can come too. and yeah adaias ive played monster hunter freedom and monster hunter freedom 2, theyre pretty good rpgs but basically theyre gear grind fests but they feel pretty rewarding and the combat is pretty tactical feeling. basically a pretty good franchise overall, worth trying if you havent before.

Top Bottom