• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
everyone in this thread mm me at merced!!!! or friendly me i dont care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who is modestos current hero i will chop him down inch by inch!!!

character crew battles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your avatar broke his neck Jpeg lol!!!!

**** im bored

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
mexi, i will most likely mm you for 5 bucks.
maybe less if there are other people i wanna mm. (like lit hehe)

we'll see

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Man andre's peach ***** me today. I don't feel confident in the matchup anymore LOL. My zelda had some pretty good moments today though. My puff seems pretty much the same though... i wasn't impressed with it today. I've been playing fox almost solely recently and my puff seems like it's gotten rusty. Modesto needs to have a smashfest soon before the tourney so i can get it back up to par. I did get better at puff dittos at andre's tho lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
puff dittos are the metagame right now, after all ;D

and dont worry

no one ever truly feels confident in the peach matchup 100% of the time, LOL

its always...

'im good at it... *gets edgeguarded* i think im good at it... *gets dsmashed* i suck at peach matchup'

in the end, its really just up to the peach :p

shes really a dominatrix, shes like 'ill tell you if youre good at this matchup or not son'

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
m2k actually says that him and armada both think puff should be banned.
he also thinks diddy kong is the best character in brawl now. lmao

mew2king's funny. he's always using the character everyone thinks is the best and anyone who beats him is supposedly using the real best character.

**** he's so good though. watching him vs armada was so hype. i just wanted him to win so bad.
he deserved it. especially after missing out on melee teams.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well yeah, when you have such a negative attitude about it.

it is impossible to play without making mistakes.
perfection is unattainable.

however, if your opponent cannot see your mistakes, then your mistakes do not exist.
the goal is to preserve the illusion of perfection while finding and punishing the mistakes of your opponent.

i am underestimated.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ppl like mango will see all ur mistakes lol

i think its better to just focus on matchups and adapting

even stuff u dont think are mistakes can become a mistake, like a roll lol.

and theres always gonna be that rock paper scissors aspect that exists in some matchups

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
man, there's waaaaaay too much hate for jigglies on the jiglly top tier thread. . . .just thought I should point out. . .
I really wanna beat hbox in the next national and shove it in all their faces. . . just will need some pristine spacing. . . . andre help?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ppl like mango will see all ur mistakes lol

i think its better to just focus on matchups and adapting

even stuff u dont think are mistakes can become a mistake, like a roll lol.

and theres always gonna be that rock paper scissors aspect that exists in some matchups
not focusing and adapting to the match up would be a mistake. lol
andre, i tend to troll your posts. please don't take it personal.
it's like when the 1st graders throw stuff and pinch each other when they have a crush.
i wanna play you soon. i don't mind busing it to your house, i just gotta know ahead of time.

also, the rock paper scissors aspect is all too apparent in the street fighter games i've played.
Apparently only me and WC like cool combos. =p
sig'd LOL
.....is Mexi the quite dude i met out of that one crew?
if by "that one crew" you mean fresno, then probably yes.
he's a falcon main that you most likely only know from the merced tourney.
he wears cool glasses and he's super buff. ;)

MacD

Banned via Administration
puff dittos are the metagame right now, after all ;D

and dont worry

no one ever truly feels confident in the peach matchup 100% of the time, LOL

its always...

'im good at it... *gets edgeguarded* i think im good at it... *gets dsmashed* i suck at peach matchup'

in the end, its really just up to the peach :p

shes really a dominatrix, shes like 'ill tell you if youre good at this matchup or not son'
tell that to zhu, he says he's probably the only one who likes fighting peach

IT'S PEACH!!!!

lol =p
more like IT'S PEA-ft-CH

Puff isn't that broken enough to deserve a ban and besides even if she were...more information and evidence is needed to justify it. Like say top 5 are all puff. <- pokemon mod experience in banning. Numbers before theories. Play jigglypuff and win tons of tournaments if you would like her banned :)

I doubt Diddy is the best brawl character. Maybe 3rd, but you have to realize that brawl has a very conservative stage list which only serves to help characters like diddy, meta knight, snake, etc. I would want to argue that G&W is top tier just because he has HARD counterpicks for just about the whole cast, but the current stagelist brings him down.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i don't know much about brawl. but i never thought diddy would be considered top 3.

i always thought is was mk, snake/falco, wario, dedede and so on

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i love playing against peach AND playing as her.

kenny, im not taking it personally. are u trolling more? haha :D

wario is not hard to beat at all. he has great movement but doesnt really have any range or priority.

man, there's waaaaaay too much hate for jigglies on the jiglly top tier thread. . . .just thought I should point out. . .
I really wanna beat hbox in the next national and shove it in all their faces. . . just will need some pristine spacing. . . . andre help?
hm u never played brawl huh? the way i figured out jigglypuff is the way i figured out how to beat wario in brawl... you cant just rush her and do reads and tech chases and stuff like you do with other characters. IMO, a lot of those matchups that have been somewhat perfected in the metagame, like fox v marth or falco v fox... they are almost devoid of strategy, they happen so often that everyone KNOWS how to play it, and its just a matter of playing perfectly like kenny always says.

but you cant really play perfectly against puff if you havent figured out the matchup yet! i learned how to do it with, ic's, peach, and even falco! (its annoying with falco, but its still fun if you do it right! full hops and double jumps all day) haha it looks ilke i'm playing brawl when i use falco against puff

anyway... i realized that with any character, even though you think your char has a good ground game, ground games are usually not strong enough to beat puff unless you're marth. you HAVE to combat her in the air, and don't be scared of the air just because you think puff is so dominant up there... she has very limited range, and even though her movement is good, it's not like she can whiff aerials all the time and not have open spots. if she's trying to space, obviously its hard to find open spots but they are THERE. i found that the solution to his is by creating your own defensive aerial game.

im sure nick can vouch that with ic's, peach, and falco i created an aerial game that made it really hard for puff to approach. for example with ic's, i just wd around, and when puff is above me, i'll do uairs and fall on her with dairs and she can't do much. she can gay me with bairs, but im doing so much damage that it doesnt even matter. even solo popo can trade hits with puff and combat her evenly. with peach, just throw a lot of turnips before doing aerials, and use a lot of fairs and nairs (learned the matchup from watching armada lol)

with falco, everyone says the puff falco matchup is bad but iwont believe it, falco is too versatile to be held down by a matchup like that. like ganon, puff kinda WANTS falco to approach so that they can do gay instant death stuff. but i found if i just do a lot of full hops and wait for puff to come to ME, i can combat her evenly with dairs and bairs. and if she is starting to play campy, i just jump all over the place and laser her. this sounds like theory bros, but it's the way i figured it out and it worked in actual matches.

so with falcon, i encourage you to think up strategies on your own while playing puff players. u can come up with them using theory bros right now, but when ur in real matches (especially friendlies) you have a lot of freedom to experiment and try to figure out puff's weaknesses, cuz she has plenty.

weaknesses
- slow vertical movement - this is why falco, fox, sheik, can beat her with a lot of full hops
- no projectile - this is why turnips are so good against her
- not much range - this is why marth beats her, he has an advantage IMO
- bad ground game - if ur char has a solid ground game like marth, ic's, you can force puff into very defensive positions. or even low aerial games like ganon

we ALL know puff's strengths already, but if u think about those ur just gonna get scared and lose lol. u have to realize her weaknesses, exploit them, and think about ur own characters strengths

falcon can def do it, if you can land dthrows those seem pretty good. uairs have plenty of range, just try not to get hit and edgeguarded... lol...

falcon vs puff seems hard to figure out, but its cuz i dont main him anymore, i kno u can do it jpeg

OoS puff nair ***** ICs. Bait him out to use a smash or aerials and hit them with that. That seemed to be mango's top strategy when he played chu. Scoring the kill looks like all about prediction unless you had managed to kill nana while ICs separated or something.

I'm going to practice my puff some more.

Andre get consistent, you probably killed yourself once every two matches when you tried to waveland from the ledge to the stage or some dumb side B with spacies. Haha.

Also Kenny I may get around to that money match sometime.

KFC, why is gMS mad gay? I looked at some screenshots and there's like weapon attack on everything like even shoes and other bull**** LOL. jMS has turned into K-ON! Everyone carries guitars, basses, drums.... :(

Foy

Smash Champion
i love playing against peach AND playing as her.

kenny, im not taking it personally. are u trolling more? haha :D

wario is not hard to beat at all. he has great movement but doesnt really have any range or priority.

hm u never played brawl huh? the way i figured out jigglypuff is the way i figured out how to beat wario in brawl... you cant just rush her and do reads and tech chases and stuff like you do with other characters. IMO, a lot of those matchups that have been somewhat perfected in the metagame, like fox v marth or falco v fox... they are almost devoid of strategy, they happen so often that everyone KNOWS how to play it, and its just a matter of playing perfectly like kenny always says.

but you cant really play perfectly against puff if you havent figured out the matchup yet! i learned how to do it with, ic's, peach, and even falco! (its annoying with falco, but its still fun if you do it right! full hops and double jumps all day) haha it looks ilke i'm playing brawl when i use falco against puff

anyway... i realized that with any character, even though you think your char has a good ground game, ground games are usually not strong enough to beat puff unless you're marth. you HAVE to combat her in the air, and don't be scared of the air just because you think puff is so dominant up there... she has very limited range, and even though her movement is good, it's not like she can whiff aerials all the time and not have open spots. if she's trying to space, obviously its hard to find open spots but they are THERE. i found that the solution to his is by creating your own defensive aerial game.

im sure nick can vouch that with ic's, peach, and falco i created an aerial game that made it really hard for puff to approach. for example with ic's, i just wd around, and when puff is above me, i'll do uairs and fall on her with dairs and she can't do much. she can gay me with bairs, but im doing so much damage that it doesnt even matter. even solo popo can trade hits with puff and combat her evenly. with peach, just throw a lot of turnips before doing aerials, and use a lot of fairs and nairs (learned the matchup from watching armada lol)

with falco, everyone says the puff falco matchup is bad but iwont believe it, falco is too versatile to be held down by a matchup like that. like ganon, puff kinda WANTS falco to approach so that they can do gay instant death stuff. but i found if i just do a lot of full hops and wait for puff to come to ME, i can combat her evenly with dairs and bairs. and if she is starting to play campy, i just jump all over the place and laser her. this sounds like theory bros, but it's the way i figured it out and it worked in actual matches.

so with falcon, i encourage you to think up strategies on your own while playing puff players. u can come up with them using theory bros right now, but when ur in real matches (especially friendlies) you have a lot of freedom to experiment and try to figure out puff's weaknesses, cuz she has plenty.

weaknesses
- slow vertical movement - this is why falco, fox, sheik, can beat her with a lot of full hops
- no projectile - this is why turnips are so good against her
- not much range - this is why marth beats her, he has an advantage IMO
- bad ground game - if ur char has a solid ground game like marth, ic's, you can force puff into very defensive positions. or even low aerial games like ganon

we ALL know puff's strengths already, but if u think about those ur just gonna get scared and lose lol. u have to realize her weaknesses, exploit them, and think about ur own characters strengths

falcon can def do it, if you can land dthrows those seem pretty good. uairs have plenty of range, just try not to get hit and edgeguarded... lol...

falcon vs puff seems hard to figure out, but its cuz i dont main him anymore, i kno u can do it jpeg
Just wanted to quote this cause is a big post.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
OoS puff nair ***** ICs. Bait him out to use a smash or aerials and hit them with that. That seemed to be mango's top strategy when he played chu. Scoring the kill looks like all about prediction unless you had managed to kill nana while ICs separated or something.
do it to my ic's! i want good puffs in modesto now, puff is too good.

Andre get consistent, you probably killed yourself once every two matches when you tried to waveland from the ledge to the stage or some dumb side B with spacies. Haha.
its friendlies man :D i dont kill myself in tourny. i play ic's anyway, hella consistent get at me

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
LOL yeah idk andre. You SDed 8 times in a row while playing me yesterday lmao

Andre's too good though. My puff couldn't handle his ICs uairs/dairs lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yes, friendlies are a perfectly legit excuse for random sd. i try crazy stuff in friendlies, i dont think u guys even notice.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
HEY GUYS!!! Ima back!!!! let me get at you!!!!
we need a smashfest in the next couple days, NOW!

if by "that one crew" you mean fresno, then probably yes.
he's a falcon main that you most likely only know from the merced tourney.
he wears cool glasses and he's super buff. ;)
uuuuuhh. . . . .
more like IT'S PEA-ft-CH
uhhhhhh . . . . .
get at my puff john!
uuuuuuuuh . . . . YEA
lol yes, friendlies are a perfectly legit excuse for random sd. i try crazy stuff in friendlies, i dont think u guys even notice.
THIS!!!!

*** U JOON!!!
. . . . . *hearts*
yeah im really good at smash
uuhhhhhhh. . . . . .

Top Bottom