• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
foy

its fox on fd

focus on finishing the match with 4 grabs

and if ur ever gonna do anything thats not a grab, make it either something that will setup into a grab, setup into a juggle, or kill him. u can get in random hits pretty well but u neeeed to punish harder and have longer combos

practice on that lvl 1 fox, u can do al ot of innovative stuff with ic's :)

that includes sopo practice vs lvl 1 fox, try to learn some 0-death combos with sopo hehe its hard but its possible :)

got a long way to go but u got this. just start with combos

ummmmm when u grab fox with both ic's he should die haha. even if u have to just use standard dthrow dair chain grab. u can do that right?

here is the basic mindgame:

fox has to DI down and away to get out of dthrow dair... if he DI's down and away, fsmash will kill him immediately. if he's expecting fsmash, he will DI up and toward, which will allow him to get grabbed. ROCK PAPER SCISSORS SON. i **** so many spacies like this lol. and thats only 1 grab mixup, ic's have like a million options off grab LOL

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
heck yes we did, i 3 stocked kage then ended up losing the set :( man it was dumb, i'm up last match and he dair's me at like 0 in the air, then i hit get up and shield, my shield gets poked and he get's a fair off me... i end up living till 130 on stadium, i'm shielding and he does a wizard kick and i try to nair out of shield to hit him... i rolled towards him and it killed me :( another reason to work on my tech skill :/ (it was dumb i took soo much damage and dumb i suck at tech skill) does anyone know if ganon's dair shield pokes the top or bottom of your shield?

oh and you should ask pp about mcdonalds... funny stuff
It's a good thing that you got bizz training right?

Miztik

Smash Master
dam it, i wish modesto was as pround of me as they are of pp :(

i swear by apex i'll just have to show them all that i have what it takes, even if it means beating pp in grandfinals
honestly i was happy to see you do that good. nice to see

i wish you could've done better, prob didnt downsmash enough

Ill **** you all up in this game. Come up to NY!!
***** you play boswer and kirby you and ****in nobody up

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
so yeah, I think it's official. . .
Smashfest at JR's on sunday (lemme know if it changes)
be there or get fair'd

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ROFL handoff is way harder!

dthrow dair is mad easy, u got this

it helps to use c-stick down with nana

try practicing continuous desynchs and stuff too, be creative, it'll help you become way more fluid. there's been so many times in matches where i just did improvised desynchs that i never practiced before, and it just feels ****

like that one combo that i did where i led into a nanapult blizzard and more combos, right nick? haha ahh rappe

oh and try dthrow reverse dair too, for falcon and ganon it's almost inescapable if u do it right (they need **** smash DI but they can get away. with proper mixups they should die anyway)

Foy

Smash Champion
Well in that match i get a bunch of desynches and its totally on accident/i capitalized on it, like desynch blizzard edgeguard to fsmash. god i want to make love to this character.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
gawd dam it. . . . bad images. . . . . awkward!

hats off to being able to do the the handoff! Seems pretty hard to do. It's simply just dthrow->nanagrab->dthrow->popograb->dthrow-> etc, right?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if nana is close to the ledge, she will always throw toward the ledge. so the handoff uses nana's fthrow :D

and yeah, foy, a lot of my desynchs come from the best desynch: getting HIT. if you capitalize on those times, it's too ****, and i want to make love to them too. you really need a good feel for ic's if you really wanna do **** desynchs with that

and stop doing jab desynch to squall LOL you will just get separated! maybe if ur pressuring someones shield thats okay, but more often than not, ic's are getting pressured

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I think it's generally better to try get back in sync rather than desynch after getting hit. There are exceptions to this, but ICs generally have better and more varied options while not desynched.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
I think it's obvious now. . . .ICs are the future of melee meta!
It startd with sheik, then marth, then falco. Jiggly is the current leader. . . . fox fell somewhere in between all of that. . . .
ICs will start ****** all tournies, just you wait!

Can't wait til falcon gets his turn! (Could have already happened during isai's time. Let's hope not)

MacD

Banned via Administration
hey guys, thanks

one day you'll all love watching me, because it'll be like armada but different, cause i've got the DADS

i got this

next big tourney i go to, maybe mango juice 2, hopefully something on the EC, maybe that Canada one, who knows

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fly is right

but theres always THOSE TIMES

getting desynched by falco's approaching laser is a good thing sometimes

like jumping into falco's laser and doing blizz so just nana does it SOOOOOO GOOD, sets upi nto grab

MacD

this IC's talk is confusing... i just wavedash dsmash and dash attack to grab, then try and blizzard and screw up so i just fthrow fsmash, or dthrow upsmash if i wanna kill up

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Mine's a little more complicated. I use lasers when I'm far away, lasers when I'm close, shines when I'm in their faces, and Dairs to let me shine more.

I don't like being CG'd. =p

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ALL OF MODESTO MADE IT TO BRACKET we're the ****

DADS = dash attack down smash

jr's on sunday. jpeg's down. jr's down. nick, are you down?

dair chaingrabs with ic's are mad easy, kid. you know 'bout my ic's...

MacD

pp, i figure you don't namesearch this thread so i don't need to make it longer

i just watched you guys vs ss and darkrain in winners... omg wtf, soooooo many amazing things, stomp falcon punch, like 0 damage for you and lozr end match and some **** combo, idk other amzing things, you and that sick combo on stadium

wtf, omg idk EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I tend to lurk enough so that namesearching doesn't do me much good lol.

Yeah, that was pretty fun. Everyone likes that tapion combo(stomp to FP) too much though lol. Think about it. I didn't even get mindgamed into rolling towards him for the stomp. I'll take a measly tapion compared to what it could have been lol.

Second match, watch me on the mountain part. I was pissed. =p

I just figured....they wouldn't take us to Brinstar lol. That suckeddddd.

It was a **** set overall though. If LoZR hadn't killed himself so much then things would've been more fun on the being tapion comboed end lol.

MacD

tapion, how'd it get that name??

but hey, if lozr is still sucking and we are at a tourney... ;) i like being agressive so yea

and omg apex august 6-8 fri-sun let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
A smasher named Tapion did that combo a lot or invented it or something. It's in his combo video.

Hahaha I'll be sure to keep that in mind. =)

I want to play everyone again right dang now!!!!

Top Bottom