• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
ahh, i missed that!! but I caught the set just now pp/lzr DR/SS
HAHA, jeff gets on the mic. "Pretty good, I guess!" . . . not sure if he said "I'm. . " Or "We're. . . ", but AMAZING!! still. . .
GFs NOW!, HYYPE!!
hopefully DR doesnt continue to botch it up by SD'in more at under 50, I now know what foy means

EDIT: these are pretty brute. . . they sure know how to beat falcons. . .
chuckles at the 2nd match ending. . . . eeef'in mango

EDIT2: Anyone wanna do bets? like small ones? I have Jeff making it further than any other falcon today, Jeff making it father than LOZr, armada doing better than m2k, and either side of pp/zhu. . .takers?
I still remember our bet too, anthony =D

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
you took mango vs the field for 5? you seemed pretty adament about making it for as much as you could =D

someone said lucky didnt make it out of pools 3? wowawewa

im assuming we're still on. . .

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
jeff ****en 2-0'd armada

this is anthony

yea i still got that 5 on mango

lucky did make it out

Axe beat pp =(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
so did it beat genesis in attendance? from the looks of the names and the bracket, it seems the talent pool was even greater than genesis. soooo amazing. im hearing such great stuff, europe is repping so hard, so good.

i think pp's falco, being a laser type pokemon, has a weakness to pokemon-type pokemon. i have a feeling he'd lose in bracket to taj's mewtwo <3

love you peepee

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pound broke 1000?!?!?!?!?!? THATS INSANE!

and here i thought 100 was a big deal. LOL. daaaaaaamn.

mango is drinking tonight LOl some guy posted at 11:30 in the pound thread (yes 2:30 ec!)

so if he wins he wins

if he loses, pre emptive johns LOL

mango is still the best player in the world

jk jk

i dont care who wins really, i just wanna see the results and watch some great matches. this bracket has been really unpredictable. to see a big name like DARC get 33rd... you know a tournament has to be ****ing ****ing ****ing stacked. i havent said the f word that many times in a while.

I'm actually looking forward to some brawl stuff. Doubles and Grand Finals....haha not much.

I'm watching as much as I can for melee. If only I were there to watch it live, ****.

Oh yeah so who's showing up on tuesday? Nick and I? Kenny, Anthony going?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
There were over 1000 people watching on the livestream, but i don't think there were nearly that many in person. Idk what genesis had as a turnout and pound 4 probably surpassed it, but there were 347 melee singles entrants at pound 4 according to AiB

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
oh

yeah, the melee participants outnumbered genesis

but i heard brawl was 100+ or something

still

really good

biggest melee tournament to date. i think?

Amsah's sheik is too good. Biggest melee tournament. Genesis had like 300 melee. Pound 4 has almost 400. Or at least allisbrawl said that. **** I tried to wake up earlier to watch this lol

Miztik

Smash Master
Yeah it's higher than Genesis' attendance. Genesis didn't break 1000. Making me feel mad jealous for not being there.
the stream broke 1000

genesis didnt have a stream

340 entrants for melee like 100 for brawl not sure exact numbers my guess would be around 500 total

also

im 1 mango set win from being right about pound 4 john

Jigglypuff for best character in melee. There's just too much evidence. Mango's fox got ***** by puff.

Final metagame: Puff dittos. Fox is only the best at perfect play, but no one is that good. (frame one shine)

I honestly expected the grand finals to be hbox v. mango. Their last set was TWENTY-FOUR MINUTES long. Everyone's *****ing about this lol

Brawl looks more fun than this, and that's not saying much...

Miztik

Smash Master
also puff isnt the best char in melee at all

shes really good, i think you're mistaken puff for the talent of the players that use her.

she isnt the best char just the top 2 melee players use her

fox is by far the best char

he has no bad match-ups, dominates in most if not all

there just isnt anyone good enough using fox, yea there is jman, and lucky but they arent good enough to compete to win yet.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah the hype started to die when ahmsa played hbox and completely died for grand finals. So ****ing boring. I wish armada would've beaten ahmsa and gone on to beat hbox cuz loser finals and grand finals probably would've been way better

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
yeah, it really seems to be amsah's fault for beating armada. . .dam skeiks, there'll always be aplace in my scrotum for them. . . . <3 spenser. . .
and yeah, I owe ya mang! nice job. I would have never seen it coming. . . =)
I'll be over there (or JRs) within the next week and a half or so (maybe two) to pay you
small chance I might forget next time I see you, so just remind me to ship it your way

I cant believe I woke up at 12-something only to turn on the livestream to the start of that GF ****

Miztik

Smash Master
yeah, it really seems to be amsah's fault for beating armada. . .dam skeiks, there'll always be aplace in my scrotum for them. . . . <3 spenser. . .
and yeah, I owe ya mang! nice job. I would have never seen it coming. . . =)
I'll be over there (or JRs) within the next week and a half or so (maybe two) to pay you
small chance I might forget next time I see you, so just remind me to ship it your way

I cant believe I woke up at 12-something only to turn on the livestream to the start of that GF ****
oh yea ill be reminding you lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Final metagame: Puff dittos. Fox is only the best at perfect play, but no one is that good. (frame one shine)
i'm that good. ;)
also puff isnt the best char in melee at all

shes really good, i think you're mistaken puff for the talent of the players that use her.

she isnt the best char just the top 2 melee players use her

fox is by far the best char

he has no bad match-ups, dominates in most if not all

there just isnt anyone good enough using fox, yea there is jman, and lucky but they arent good enough to compete to win yet.
i mostly agree with you. puff is definitely top tier but i don't think she's better than fox.
same with marth. i think he's top 2 or 3 for sure, but nobody's wining with him.
i wish i got to see m2k play. can't wait for the youtube. i ****ing love that guy.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
youz guys are a bunch fuggin' jerkoffs

you don't want to see me **** the whole tourney?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
man, we should do an all-puff tourney

it'll suck ****

then after that we can do an all-falcon tourney

and it'll feel so much better

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
then after that we can do an all-falcon tourney

and it'll feel so much better
Why would it need to be falcon?
we could do a goddam'd all-doc tourney afterwords and it would make us feel as if we can **** gold

. . . . do you know how much it would make my day if I could crap out gold nugs for a week?

Miztik

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241948&page=14

who's going to this?

john you know you want to go too.
im not thats Superbowl weekend

youz guys are a bunch fuggin' jerkoffs

you don't want to see me **** the whole tourney?
you're lucky im not going i'd give you the business

Why would it need to be falcon?
we could do a goddam'd all-doc tourney afterwords and it would make us feel as if we can **** gold

. . . . do you know how much it would make my day if I could crap out gold nugs for a week?
my falcon is the ****

Top Bottom