• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Wow ADHD Foy, why are you so good at brawl? Beating m2k in winners.

I hate using falcon. If I wanted to use a subpar viable character I'd use ganon or ICs instead.

edit: John, your falcon ***** though ha

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm glad m2k did well in brawl but i wanted him to win.

i used to hate that everyone was on his jock, now i ****ing idolize mew2king.

i just watched his set against armada on youtube.
**** m2k is good.
he was on the ball. his fox looked better than jman's and lucky's.
his marth obviously looked great.

i LOVE that husband and wife commentated it. i actually learned more about that match up.
they're very insightful. they suck at handling the loudness of the crowd. that's when brandon's hype is more appropriate.

i really hope m2k's content with 2nd in brawl and not discouraged by his performance in any event.

Yeah I prefer Husband and Wife's commentary. M2K did well in melee. He just needs to believe in himself and stop getting **** scared at jigglypuff players. I wanted m2k to win against armada and then at the end make it to Mango.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I was kind of sad that Armada only got 4th. His overall performance was still great, but I was hoping to see him in GF. Let's see if he can perform better the next time he comes to the states.

Viva la Sweden!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the stream was so great. loved it!

armada is too good. amsah is pretty good, but NTSC AMSAH IS TOO ****. get at his dthrow fairs which are not possible in europe. amsah must've been havin a good time, he's havin a ball, don't stop him now.

grand finals was gay but makes me want to play more puff dittos with nick hehe. it's pretty hard to bair, sometimes i can't bair to watch, but i can bair playing it

im glad to see modesto won genesis singles and got 3rd in melee teams, nice stuff.

i was so impressed with europe man, and other out of staters who came. jeff did really great. i mean he might've not placed SUPER high, but he placed **** high, and he freakin beat armada lol. too good.

loved this tourny except for grandfinals. hbox in general i guess lol. but i dont hate him as much as other people does, i mean he does what works, and i gotta hand it to him for making jiggs' bair the best move in the game lol.

i still think ken's style of marth would get off on any puff to this day lol too ****

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
re: hbox

he's great at melee.
i don't have anything against him other than me being biased against puff.
i don't like when puff wins in most cases.
(especially when they beat m2k...)
that ain't king.

re: TAS match
you won't see any rolling in a melee TAS video
it was still great though. i thoroughly enjoyed it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i like jigglypuff, she is a really interesting character.

chu is good against mango, gotta love chudatzzzz

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
haha, thanks Suu, appreciate it
yeah, if I could go back there would be a chance I would pick a cool char like ganon to main or someone that wasnt as competitively familiar amonsgt players as falcon.

and yeah, about amsah. . . . Just got done watching his matches and yeah, seeing him abuse the fthrow-> uair/fair and multi-fairs is kinda annoying me in that it works(thank jeeebus I avoid that autocombo with falcon). . . . really makes me wonder why more dont play her over here in the us

and I really think that high end puffs CAN be beat, even by falcon. They seems to be waaaay too complacent by just bairing all the time that it becomes a weakness. . . . iono, am i alone i this thought?. . . .m2k cant do it, so I might be full of it. . .

great TAs match

whoa what are you doing playing brawl (barlw?), actual foy?

edit: ah ****! I didnt even notice that i missed my 300th post. . . . . .

. . . . uhhhhhh, HAPPY BELATED 300th post to all!!!!!!!!! pop the scotch!!!!!
. . . . . . . .?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
WHO'S GOING TO MERCED

i need to know, man.
this time, i swear i have money to go. hahaha
i really do.

anthony, i sold my account.
send the recruit-a-friend thing to cpuballs@yahoo.com so i can wake up and log on. haha

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i still think ken's style of marth would get off on any puff to this day lol too ****
lol good **** andre for respecting the king of smash. i also dont think a single peach can ever beat ken , including armada. his peach game is amazing. (so is his fox game)

Man Ken is so old school.
ken ***** at every tournament for years. when you're #1 in the world for that long, placing 1'st at many countries including europe, japan, USA, and canada, (there might be more, correct me if im wrong), smash isnt a game to you it becomes a language that you can't forget. and when ken decides to play the game again one day, he'll be writing poetry on screen when he jv 3stocks everybody!!!

never doubt ken fool!

Miztik

Smash Master
Ken by far is the best marth ive seen to this day, and yea i think when hes on the top of his game these puffs and peaches wont stand a chance his style is amazing and so original

and honestly i think old school marths like Azen/ken can beat armada if they were still around

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
agree agree

so guys

im going to merced

RIGHT NOW lol. not for the tournament ROFL.

ugh cuz my brother left his key at home, so lam,e i have to drop it off to his dorm.... -________-

i'll be back around 5....

if u are coming to my house, please call me before u come cuz i might not be home yet. 209 604 6978

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ken ***** at every tournament for years. when you're #1 in the world for that long, placing 1'st at many countries including europe, japan, USA, and canada, (there might be more, correct me if im wrong), smash isnt a game to you it becomes a language that you can't forget. and when ken decides to play the game again one day, he'll be writing poetry on screen when he jv 3stocks everybody!!!

never doubt ken fool!
beautifully written.
i still have no opinion. :p

jr, are you going to merced? why is everyone ignoring me.

agree agree

so guys

im going to merced

RIGHT NOW lol. not for the tournament ROFL.

ugh cuz my brother left his key at home, so lam,e i have to drop it off to his dorm.... -________-

i'll be back around 5....

if u are coming to my house, please call me before u come cuz i might not be home yet. 209 604 6978
LOL you ****er. you honestly tricked me. haha

MacD

Banned via Administration
pound broke 1000?!?!?!?!?!? THATS INSANE!

and here i thought 100 was a big deal. LOL. daaaaaaamn.

mango is drinking tonight LOl some guy posted at 11:30 in the pound thread (yes 2:30 ec!)

so if he wins he wins

if he loses, pre emptive johns LOL

mango is still the best player in the world

jk jk

i dont care who wins really, i just wanna see the results and watch some great matches. this bracket has been really unpredictable. to see a big name like DARC get 33rd... you know a tournament has to be ****ing ****ing ****ing stacked. i havent said the f word that many times in a while.
mango didn't even drink that much that night, and he got to cuddle with milktea so i'm sure he was happy, and she i think made sure he didn't get too drunk

but omg darc is a noob, in our pool i watched him miss like 3 upthrow rests because SOMEBODY has to look "cute" and do a double jump even if the person is at 0-15, i asked him if it ever works... you know what he said? "when they are at like 60" ... <3 you dusty cause i know you are going to see this

Modesto gets off.
heck yes we did, i 3 stocked kage then ended up losing the set :( man it was dumb, i'm up last match and he dair's me at like 0 in the air, then i hit get up and shield, my shield gets poked and he get's a fair off me... i end up living till 130 on stadium, i'm shielding and he does a wizard kick and i try to nair out of shield to hit him... i rolled towards him and it killed me :( another reason to work on my tech skill :/ (it was dumb i took soo much damage and dumb i suck at tech skill) does anyone know if ganon's dair shield pokes the top or bottom of your shield?

oh and you should ask pp about mcdonalds... funny stuff

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
um mcdonalds? details! now!!!! =p

and haha kenken
no but yeah, I can see myself going to merced, buddy

. . . . . not for the tourney, just to chill with bizzarrio flames, we found each other on aim and solidified a very strong relationship

no, but really, im really down for going, just get me two others to tag along as well and you can count me for a ride. . .
. . there was my lame attempt. . .
im listening to a comedian on a guitar and my mind is wandering and stuff
and no, by listening to a comedian, I do not mean lightin up/tying off

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
john... what the **** are you saying?

lol so you'll go?

tournament date for merced has been moved. i hope it doesn't much affect the attendance in a negative way.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
to feb 6th, right?

and i dont know kenny . . . I NEVER know!

edit: dam, Im not sure anymore . . . just saw it was on superbowl sunday. . . . why cant it be that sat?

edit 2 : when can we have the next modesto smashfest? ima get into sac tmw. . . saw what you posted in the tourney thread. . . I have a falcon for you to play, kenny. And it has yet to beat foy's sheik in tourney

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
oh yeah. as a gambling man, you probably enjoy superbowl.

they can't use the venue because the college is having some event on saturday.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
WHENS THE LATEST I CAN LET YOU KNOW HWETHER OR NOT IM GOING? (take away the caps in from yo head. . . . cause im not)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
mike: i'll read it in a minute... or something.

john: i'm pretty sure nick is going, so i don't think anyone's depending on you for a ride.
i would just like it if you would go. you know... because i like you... in the butt.

Good stuff at Andre's. I've mastered the peach match-up. I still hate ICs, it's so dumb.

edit: I was getting off with double stick tech and other small things to live to high percents. Fun stuff

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
nice job andre, im staking you in a mm against macd, drain his bankroll.

and thanks kenny, I'll try to get down to modesto for that, but not promising anything. . .just wanted to make sure

if I go i can also attempt to mm ppl to see how I fair against some well-known players. I know of a couple who were looking for some action

Top Bottom