• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto SSB-B/M Tournaments- Read page 176

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
ok, jimbo

I won't mm you meep, but I'll be happy to play you, I just don't feel like losing my money for sure XD

Anthony, I'll pick you up, It's not on my way, but it's not terribly far out of my way, I just have to remember how to get there. I'm setting up the tournament, so of course I'll provide transportation. Also, due to financial issues I ask for small donations in gass, not required, just requested, like, a buck for you since it's so close.

Myko, maybe if they thought you were going, but knew you didn't have a ride, they'd invite you.

andre, thanks for more tips today, good matches.

on a random note, anyone feel like bringing a laptop to run the tournament program on?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
OMG JIMBO!!

omfg ICE CLIMBERS CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys prepare for a great tournament tomorrow ^_^ clix cafe is beautiful.

i should lay down some rules/announcements you guys might not know about:
1. KEEP THE LANGUAGE PG-13 OR LESS IF POSSIBLE. the owner of the cafe frequently has kids around so they might not appreciate language that's too intense for them! if you violate this we might just have to kick you out. i know how hard it is to get out of saying the f-word, but please.

2. got extra money? feel free to buy coffee or anything else from their cafe! i would choose this place over starbucks anyday.... because you can also buy (for cheap) hours and hours of computer use. they have like a dozen computers in there : )

3. WE DON'T WANNA KEEP THE TOURNAMENT GOING FOR TOO LATE. that night, the venue is having an "all-nighter" for their computer gamers. of course, you guys can join in if you pay up ^_^ but one of the owners is a little paranoid that the tournament will interfere. we should be out of there by 10, at least before 11. this means we won't have much time between teams and singles to do friendlies... but during the tournament you can play friendlies of course. PLEASE BRING ENOUGH TV'S SO EVERYONE CAN PLAY FRIENDLIES/MONEY MATCHES.

4. xilopryce (if he doesnt work on those days) and i might be able to hold monthlies ^_^ (a couple tournaments left before brawl? sure.)

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I'll be re-announcing the extra rules at the tournament before we start

also, pg-13, that means no language, no discriminating words. Also, I've noticed that a lot of smashers use the term **** for basically murdering your opponent. Most if not all the people showing up are guy's, and chances are, you wouldn't get upset by that word. We'll be in a public place that will remain open during the tournament, so please refrain from using that term.

Miztik

Smash Master
ok i think i can give you a buck around what time should i be ready to go also my address is 1005 Stillwater Ln look it up on Mapquest if you need to

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
be ready by 9:30 at the latest

again, we still need a laptop, anyone?

everyone who needs a ride, please send me a pm with the time and place to me so I don't have to look back, I go to work at 5, I close so as soon as I get off work I'm going to bed, that means not much talkage from me

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
be ready by 9:30 at the latest

again, we still need a laptop, anyone?

everyone who needs a ride, please send me a pm with the time and place to me so I don't have to look back, I go to work at 5, I close so as soon as I get off work I'm going to be, that eans not much talkage from me
i will talk to kim about bringing his laptop.

edit: 3200 posts : )

Miztik

Smash Master
Well guys i hope you have fun tomorrow at the tourney cuz its starting to look like i wont make it cuz i wont have money to play in the tourney so i see no point in going well see you all next time

i may still go just to play friendlies and be apart of the Crew battle but other than that i see no reason in going

MacD

Banned via Administration
well, i am finally back

still planing on going tomorrow, idk when i will be there, but i bet i will show up, i am hoping to play in both doubs and sings, but i will probably vacait (sp?) the premisis once i feel done/lose in sings, i don't think i am up to staying late

and i haven't played in forever so be ready for the suckage of my peach, plus 2 nice holes in my hands from making fire

idk i have a lot of homework i need to do too, so i am probably goiing to be leaving before it gets over unless i some got like godly stat which i know i didn't

and reading through this i thoguht it was funny, i played mr ganon and meep, hopefully i can play zoap and a few others, idk, righht now, i am giving up on plaing much smash cause of hw and stuff,

and idk, i just don't seem to have the same passoin for it as before, times are a changing, and i do like to play and all, but i don't care to be the super bestest right now, or if ever, we'll see how i feel during/after this tourny

i think my rant is done

Palafrak the valiant

Smash Cadet
PARK I NEED MY CONTROLLER :O
lol please bring it tomorrow. I'm not planning on bringing my brother's controller, and I very much miss my moderately homosexual controller/child.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
wait....wait just a minute. why do they get MMs and not me? wow, choknater seriously will probably **** me now. no joke. u should mm me. they will be really fun matches i promise. oh,,,,one more thing....me and Jr are gonna **** teams with double peaches. oh yes....there will be blood
there will be blood.. and guts! .

im accepting money matches too. please? anybody. i need money cuz i owe alot of scary people money here in stockton and if not im gonna get beat up. help me out and MM me plz.
im really looking forward to teaming with vincent again this tourney haha. last time was too fun

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
ok, I'm going to bed pretty late, but I'll be up to get everything done. Anyone have any questions, I'll check the thread before I leave in the morning, I'll be picking up anthony, mr ganondorf at the amtrak and delphiki at the bus station, everyone else, I'll see you at the tournament, it's gonna be awesome

jmic

Smash Ace
Sorry for double post, but its 4:51 am and I'm drunk.

Looks like we've got a decent representation for UC Merced. Woot! =]

Delphiki

Smash Champion
This tournament was hella fun. Doubles was epic.

My only good singles character today was Pichu. lool. I got owned every game after doubles.

I had hella fun teaming Mr. Ganondorf. We should do it again sometime. Like I said, Ganon and ICs ****. ^_^. Thanks to xilo and Zem for giving me rides. Thanks to jmic, Zoap, ixninjax & Myko for the friendlies.

PICHU FTW!!!!!

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
vincent won. i think he went undefeated.

i really wanted to do the pinoy vs the world thing. it sounded like a good idea. me, andre, and rey could have won too lol.

andre- i think hosting the tournament made your gameplay sloppy or something. oh well, like you said.. youll get me next time :D pinoy pride!

rey- dude, i like never lose in fox dittos so after getting four stocked by you i felt like craaaaap. i really like the way you play fox. so freaking unpredictable and smart with a ton of tech skill. like mew2king. next time ill have a new controller so i cant john and your marth and fox wont four stock me anymore. muahahha.

peter(zoap)- ahhh dude. when we played in tournament i was trying to mimick lunins style. then i got *****. oh well, i really cant do that infinite drillshine thing at corneria for crap. GG man :D oh and you are too good at brinstar lol. i like how you obliterate the stage lmfao.

myko- i have a level 98 CB thats not in scania. SO WHAT ! =[. good games man.

JR- haha, you are so friendly man. i could tell you were trying to get to know me since we have the same name and stuff. but im really shy even though i probably dont look like it. haha. you and myko should give me a bayasian haircut. im envious of all of your guys hair. haha.

van (i think thats your name)- good games dude, or uh, girl. lol. i call everybody dude. anyways.. i really underestimated you when we first played and you almost beat me. you also ALMOST beat andre in the crew battle. good games =]

brandan- spam more pills! haha come over next weekend man and we'll train. when i went home, i felt bad that i didnt spot you that five dollars you asked for. cuz i know if i asked you, you would spot me without hesitation, right? i owe you one

i think i forgot to tell the baysians to have a safe car ride home.. so uh.. yeah. make it home safe. dont pull a vincent on us now and drive off a hill LOL. jk vince

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
FULL RESULTS!!!!

(choknaterz shoutoutz later)

i also have the .tio file which i will send to tio later so yall can see the brackets. if you wanna know who beat who just ask me.

Teams

1: DarkMike (KFC + Meep)
100$

2: LuninSpectra + Zoap
50$

3: I Love that Purple Stuff (Delphiki + Mr. Ganondorf)
4: Amazing Sex (Myko + Petoo0)
5: This Record Might Skip, Might Skip (choknater + HomeMadeWaffles)
5: Bob2Bee
7: Team Short Hop Laser
7: The Goods
9: 9999+9998 (Park + Kero)
9: Zivilyn Bane Fan Club
9: Kongo Jack (Zem + Ininja)
9: Nothing Vulgar (Palafrak + Miztik)
13: Shun the Non-Believers
13: Don't Touch My Sandwich
13: P.S.

sorry, i forgot the other team members, lol

Singles
1: Meep
156$

2: LuninSpectra
75$

3: Zoap
25$

4: KFC
5: choknater
5: Myko
7: D4DY
7: HomeMadeWaffles
9: Mr. Ganondorf
9: Petoo0
9: TipDawg
9: LIT
13: Jmic
13: Dizy
13: Juzz
13: The Pest
17: Ininja
17: Rou
17: Obselete Death
17: Ugly Mexi
17: Zem
17: The Comeback Kid
17: Shadowcloud
17: Park
25: Doctor Wario
25: Miztik
25: Palafrak the Valiant
25: Xilopryce
25: PNDE
25: MacD
25: Delphiki
25: Kero
(Preliminary dudes who lost >_<)
33: Mazz
33: br!t

Crew Battles!

1: Modesto Crew 1 (choknater, park, HomeMadeWaffles, Meep, KFC)
2: San Francisco (LuninSpectra, Zoap, VANS, Myko, JR)
3: Fresno (Lit, D4DY, Mexi, The Pest, Dizy)
3: Merced (Jmic, Juzz, Mazz, 2 other dudes >_<)
5: Modesto Crew 2 (xilopryce, macd, obselete death, steven, miztik)

last match was down to the wire, vans vs chok on pokefloats, i won >___< yayuhzzzz. love ya baysians, good match vanessa!

edit: oh my bad xilo was in modesto 2 crew, not kero, kero left.

VANS

Smash Ace
mmmHHHmm i had hella fun today..err yesterday. i actually smashed for most of the time. i liked the venue too, so open and cleann, and the weather was perfect

kfc: AZNDANNY!!! so i was wondering who killa.for.cash was, and i finally met u! =O yea hella close matches, i think i had the most fun playin against u. we gotta friendly more. and thx, baysians DID get home safely =)

chok: SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE TT_TT but definitely a good match hhaha

pe2: first of all thx for the ride =D appreciate it much. and i love ur car. second, gooooood matches man. i wouldve never won if u hadnt SD

zoap: 3rd wooot! congrats =D

waffles: YES PLAY MS AGAIN!!!

mr. ganon: have fun in the car with JR?

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
I was part of modesto 2 XP though, that's not a good thing o.o my pride was so hurt during that... never jiggly against a peach

Thank you all who attended, this was a great tournament, We'll be having another one next month, maybe on the 13th, with a bit different rules. Eferyone I played, glad to have played you

zoap, thanks for toying with my character for as long as you did, it was very enlightening.

Ganondorf, thanks for the tips and the matches, good games, and don't worry about theamtrak thing, I'm just glad you got there

whoever has the tape, I think park, please find some way or some one to upload it

sorry everyone, we did not get the finals recorded, there were some issues with the dvd-r (mostly, we didn't have the remote) and so all we got was one tape, but teams finals are on there

Also, I have a Battery charger of some kind, I think it may be to VANS camera, not sure though, but I don't want to keep something that's not mine, so someone please claim it

VANS

Smash Ace
o man i ran outta batteries to my camera too...sucked so much..but no i didnt bring my charger there, so its not mine =)

jmic

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I had a blast. I got to finally meet some people that I've always seen post online! This was such an awesome tourney. I'll definitely come back next month, AND with more people. We're not just representing Merced, but UC Merced. And if you other pinoys didn't notice, I was wearing my Pilipino American Alliance club shirt, heh. But yeah.

The only bad part is that someone stole my spare controller. It is silver with a tear in the thumbpad on the control stick (from learning to moonwalk, haha). It was last seen sitting on the table on the right-most station in the room. Who takes controllers, seriously? :(

But it was so much fun. The venue was just wonderful, food and drinks were splendid. Thanks xilo and chok for organizing and running.

Next time I'll be prepared to arm wrestle anybody. Haha, I'll get back in shape for that.

MacD

Banned via Administration
well, if you do know the date soon xilo, i might be able to get a-mar to come which means i would actually have a teamate this time, and extra money for the winners

and i think i should give meep more rides to ncb's and hike up the gas money cost cause he seems to win

and park, do you think that maybe you could do a little fun modesto ssc in 2 weeks, i would like to play you all more, esspeicially hmw and chok, i haven't played chok in a while

oh and mr ganon, mm next time, i still bet i can take those 2 lives off you

totally forgot, i want to play you zoap next time, it would ehlp to play some dittos and i always wanted to play against you and your style

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
The tournament was fun and my goal was accomplished:

I played people i haven't played before and it was in another city and the opponents i had were using different styles than i've faced, especially the Falcos [which i've all played at the tourney..almost all, at least 90% of them]

lol

anyway.. shoutouts are later..Zzz

it was fun.

Top Bottom