• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto"June 31 LOL JK" yoshi town biweeklies, subject to change

JC Media

Smash Apprentice
How do you guys feel about the tournament I just posted ???

You guys just ignored it like I didn't even post.

We have been working day and night to make sure this event is a success. Anyone who particiapates will NOT be disapointed.

JC Media

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Chill.

It's been like 4 hours since you posted, nobody is obliged to respond to it, and it's past many kiddies' bedtimes. Chances are though that Modesto will ignore this because there are few who travel over 100 miles from there, let alone 300. I don't know if you're new to the community or not but if you are, you'll want to get some perspective on the situation.

I know that you want your tourney to be a success (and I hope it is), but I hope you'll put as much work into making sure it runs smoothly as you do hyping it and getting the word out. In case you don't know, nearly every region in the Smash community has had experiences with over-hyped things that have been, despite best intentions, let-downs, and Norcal is no exception. Again, perspective. I'd be especially careful if this is your first time running a Smash tourney.

"Rule 3: Winning player must keep the same character"
"After the stage has been selected by the losing player, the winner of the previous game may change characters, but has to pick first."

Something to clarify. Hope your event goes well.

EDIT: I noticed your location is "D.C." If this is Washington, it would seem that your only capacity in this event is to post on boards. You may want to explain that as well.

JC Media

Smash Apprentice
Chill.

It's been like 4 hours since you posted, nobody is obliged to respond to it, and it's past many kiddies' bedtimes. Chances are though that Modesto will ignore this because there are few who travel over 100 miles from there, let alone 300. I don't know if you're new to the community or not but if you are, you'll want to get some perspective on the situation.

I know that you want your tourney to be a success (and I hope it is), but I hope you'll put as much work into making sure it runs smoothly as you do hyping it and getting the word out. In case you don't know, nearly every region in the Smash community has had experiences with over-hyped things that have been, despite best intentions, let-downs, and Norcal is no exception. Again, perspective. I'd be especially careful if this is your first time running a Smash tourney.

"Rule 3: Winning player must keep the same character"
"After the stage has been selected by the losing player, the winner of the previous game may change characters, but has to pick first."

Something to clarify. Hope your event goes well.

EDIT: I noticed your location is "D.C." If this is Washington, it would seem that your only capacity in this event is to post on boards. You may want to explain that as well.

Thank you for your response.

I understand your concern. The only thing I can say is that this is not just a regular tournament. Many sponsors will be there, so I ensure you the event will be ran professionally. Beyond that, you will have to take my word.

Yes, JC Media + Entertainment is based in the East Coast. We have partners in DC and Manhattan. However, we also have people we work with and trust who live on the West Coast. I'm not sure what you ment by the last paragraph beyond that, but I hope I answered your question.

JC Media.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
By that 3rd paragraph I meant to point out an apparent contradiction in the ruleset. I don't know how much influence you have regarding the tournament, but it is something that should be addressed.

JC Media

Smash Apprentice
By that 3rd paragraph I meant to point out an apparent contradiction in the ruleset. I don't know how much influence you have regarding the tournament, but it is something that should be addressed.

Im not sure which ruleset you are referring to, however, we are flying from the EC to co-produce this event.

tc1

Smash Lord
Park im glad your tournies are starting to increase in size however as soon as my tournies resume you will loose alot of smasher .. Snashng in a house is good.. But there are many cons and few pros.

Pros:

Every 1 is in your house so yo can find them easier or get them to their match faster.

Cons :

Over Crowding

Bad Rep + Haters Ive had a few

Electricity Is Expensive after I while and I can promise U that.

PPl You May Not Trust In Your House,

LOL PPl asking for drinks ahahaha not reelya con but they do.

Theres Many Variables You 'll have the only reason you havent yet is because you've never

had over a 9 person tourny.

Yah Good Luck Tho.. Seriously Ill Go..

Park 4 Best YOshi In Cali.. wooooooo

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
YEAH PARK FOR BEST YOSHI!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love being the second!!!!!! ^.^

Yo Park, I might sneak out or something...and walk there....>.< JK! I wil prbably end up going to the next one...since I am going to Disneyland to perform and stuff 15-17 this month...so i am gona be gone O.O , so you better represent Yoshi >.<

Chok: how about you kick some azz for me >.<

park5150

Smash Ace
Park im glad your tournies are starting to increase in size however as soon as my tournies resume you will loose alot of smasher .. Snashng in a house is good.. But there are many cons and few pros.

Pros:

Every 1 is in your house so yo can find them easier or get them to their match faster.

Cons :

Over Crowding

Bad Rep + Haters Ive had a few

Electricity Is Expensive after I while and I can promise U that.

PPl You May Not Trust In Your House,

LOL PPl asking for drinks ahahaha not reelya con but they do.

Theres Many Variables You 'll have the only reason you havent yet is because you've never

had over a 9 person tourny.

Yah Good Luck Tho.. Seriously Ill Go..

Park 4 Best YOshi In Cali.. wooooooo
I might stop when you resume your touries. :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
park's not gonna get any haters cuz he's too nice :)

jamie, you dont have to stop. you just have to schedule them on weekends when tc1 isn't having them. (or ncb's or other random hosts)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
o.o 999 posts zoap

my brother will be coming but he will only play in teams with me and the crew battle, not in singles (unless he feels like it, who knows.)

JC Media

Smash Apprentice
HyugaRicdeau,

OK now I see the confusion. Under normal circumstances the winner must keep the same character. If, however, both players cant come to an agreement on a stage, the following rules come into effect:

• If both players can agree on a stage, that stage will be used. If there is conflict, then the rules below come into action.
  • Pool A: Final Destination, Kirby's Dreamland 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams.
  • Pool B: Mute City, Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Brinstar, Poke Floats, Corneria, Jungle Japes.
  • The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random from pool A. Any games after that can be from pools A or B.
  • After the stage has been selected by the losing player, the winner of the previous game may change characters, but has to pick first.
  • No stage may be used twice in any given set.
In this case a judge would be called to randomly pick a stage from pool A for the first game of the match. Once that game is played the loser chooses the next stage. Only under the case in which there was an initial dispute over the stage is the winner able to change his character. He must do so before the loser picks his though. I hope this is clearer now. Thank you though.

Damon

tc1

Smash Lord
Cave im sorry to say but ur not second thats proluy like yoshinator or frotaz sorry ^^

But ur up there thats 4 sure

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Why would the players have to agree on a stage? In the first match it's random (and the game has a 'random' feature, a judge doesn't need to be there), and in each match after that it's the loser's stage pick. There's no "dispute" that would ever arise, so I'm afraid it's still unclear to me.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
I Agree O.O but I haven't seen frotaz or yoshinator ...at all...I barely hear....anything about them...O.O lol we'll see eventually

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
....anyways! lol I hear bullfrog isn't that good...I don't remember who said...but it was someone who was at ender's house....

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
aite, so it's this weekend. i'll now start accepting MM's to rep modesto. :p

just to clarify, these are people we're expecting to come:
NOVA minus Tyderium
also bringing Catnip and possibly TC1
UC Merced: Momoraine, Jimbo, and a couple more friends
possibly Oni and BZRK
possibly more modesto noobs (be welcoming to them)
possibly KFC?
anyone else??

major events:
- singles of course
- choknater and mick will **** teams. i finally get to team with my real partner after all this time.
- team pauk vs nova complex epic crew battle

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
aite, so it's this weekend. i'll now start accepting MM's to rep modesto. :p

just to clarify, these are people we're expecting to come:
NOVA minus Tyderium
also bringing Catnip and possibly TC1
UC Merced: Momoraine, Jimbo, and a couple more friends
possibly Oni and BZRK
possibly more modesto noobs (be welcoming to them)
possibly KFC?
anyone else??

major events:
- singles of course
- choknater and mick will **** teams. i finally get to team with my real partner after all this time.
- team pauk vs nova complex epic crew battle
hey guys, havent posted here in a while, but i got next saturday off, so i WILL be there :D

expecting to see a lot of you that i havent seen in a long time, including chok, park, oni (you better be there haha, ill go pick you up if i have to) the rest of team pauk, and kfc (not sure if i can drive to stockton, but you better be there :/) along with the rest of FTA.

cant wait to play haha, i have an upcoming falco if anyone wants to play me, as well as i think my link is improving too.

Top Bottom