• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
david- to answer your question, yeah Soupnazi still plays Ganon, he also plays Jpuff, Sheik, and Ylink. im sure hed liked to play other Ganons

*slaps Mr.C*

DONT TAKE MINE AND JOSHU'S WORD

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
^_^

Essence: aightz, we can rerun it.

Mr C: Pull some all nighters if you want :D plenty of YL action 4 u.

DCX: of coursez =P

po pimpus: Yeah, all of that is cool =n.n=

Young Danny: lol, massive influence. Yeah, I'll be with Anden of course. The Original H2YL.

Bahamut: Smash is my coffee!! In TG6, I got like 3 hours of sleep before teams, and then I stayed awake all Saturday and Sunday smashin it upz.

David: EC has Ganons.. Me, Wes, and Rafa ***** Eddie.... oh well, whatever =P Why are you asking me for a money match? That's forbidden! FREEdom Matches > Money Matches.

:starman:

Wife

Smash Lord
Yeah man, it'd be great if you could update that first post.

And I really don't mean to hate, cuz I thought u were a great guy scav, and I can't wait for this tourny, but I wish the Mods would step it up. I hate how the tournies by region thread is over 2 months outdated, yet it is sticked where neither this tourny nor mine gets to be stickied.

So basically 2 huge tournies aren't sticked ( plus lotsa little ones), and the place where people can get tourny info doesn't have it. And I've sent several PMs, several emails, and even tried to post and instant message to get this problem fixed. Can you please help me?

But yeah, so psyched about driving to Dallas. I'll take $$ matches, of course. :cool:

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Ok, well if smash is your coffee I guess you can sign me up for some Roy dittos. I'm not Neo, but I'm pretty good.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Ha HA! It took forever, but I finally made my own MOAST banner. I modified Cory's. His is the easiest since his character wasn't behind the words.

And I realize some people won't like it because I'm not staff for the thing, but what are you going to do about it, warn me?!

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Wife, don't worry, you're entirely right. The mods of this room need to step it up. Unfortunately, M3D has tons of commitments (understandably) and Mattd has drifted away, which leaves me rather stuck... hence, well, you get the idea.

But on the up side... *updates first post!* *Gets off his lazy bum!*

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
So yea ummm yea....my girlfriend is in the hospital...:( but it is not nothin serious....she just kinda slipped and got knocked out by her table when the hurricane winds blew the side of her house...

Other than that no danmadges given....meaning I am still attending this.....*sighs* only 4 more hurricanes and a tropical depression that is turning into a hurricane to go.....

So I may still make this!!!!!!

So yea um....who is going to house good old cloud? Anyone? I will give free matches to everyone who wants to test Florida's skill....and I won't just sit there and sandbag just cause I don't feel like playing this time...I will give everyone tourney lvl all the way only because I wanna get good training in to try and hit the top 5 :p

But if I don't hit top 5 at leaste I will have fun :bee: ((BS))

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I actually had no idea this was in January, thought it was in December. But because its in January, I just might be able to go to this. My cousins live in Texas anyways so I will get housing from them. I challenge; Azen, CORY, MajinLink, Kenshin, and Mr. C. And perhaps even more when Im there.

EDIT: I think Venom shouldnt be banned. Am I the only one who thinks that?

And does the low tier tourny mean middle tier and lower? I'll use Link, Y. Link, Zelda, Kirby and Mewtwo.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Cloud- I understand why you are asking, but there is really no need to keep asking. We are providing housing. We know which of our staff will house, Young Danny and Drew and CORY(only for long term housing like MrSilver). Contact one of them ask. If you dont care who houses you we will just stick you in one of them.

Me and Joshu decided to not do teams do to the sheer fact that Double Ness would have beaten everyone so bad that it would put every smasher into retirement. so for the good of the smash community, we will not be teaming up. This is a big sacrifice for us :(

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
The possibility of my presence being there is still under debate, with the higher percentage of me not being there but its still quite possible, maybe, not sure.

Scav your not lazy, just really sexy so you know everyone wants you and because everyone wants you, you don't have time to update.

Hope everything goes alright even if I don't show, but knowing that its the MOAST things should go just fine and everyone will be screaming how the D-krew peeps are the gods of smash and how everyone wants to be metrosexual like them. You know you want it that way.

Wisdom, I might just show up to take you down however then leave. I also want revenge against star dog. That peach user is no worry for me, just need a bat or something swingable :). Peace easy guys

gore

Smash Journeyman
Hey Cory, Scav told me you were going to house some people for this tourney, so if you don't already have too many people, then do you think you could house me and we could share IC's tricks? I've been making up some new de-synch comboes and trying alot of new variations with the chain throw. One question, when you chain grab a sheik do you do the Dair chain, or do you throw down then dash dance backwards then fowards and then grab her. I was thinking maybe you should do the second one at a low percent and then as they get higher then do the dair.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i just dthrow and hope i don't bork up following their di. i swear, if i tried to dd while doing it i'd end up running away from them and grabbing...

and i'll see how it looks for the housing deal. i've got six people set up to be staying here right now, mainly just waiting til it's a bit closer to make sure who confirms and whatnot to make sure my mom won't mind (she shouldn't... it won't be for too long and more than likely we'd all be out of the house for large periods of time, anyway : p). i'll let you know more when it gets closer to the date.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Is no one interested in playing a SMod? I've got a burger match right now with teflon_climbers. I figured people'd be lining up to whale on their resident Big Brother ;).

And Cory, when I said "modified," I meant "improved." Sorry. ;)

On an indirectly-about-the-tournament note, what's the weather like in Texas in January? What kind of clothes should I pack? I'll be driving in Friday and leaving Monday, so yeah.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
quite honestly, we don't know about the weather til the day of and even then, we're not sure for more than an hour, usually. just don't pack your summer clothes and have a nice jacket just in case ^_~

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
[color=0080ff]Sounds kinda like North Carolina weather. Only during this time of year we just get this feeling that it's gonna be rainy more than normal. **** hurricanes.

On a tourney note, I'm not sure anymore if I'm gonna come. I won't know till I go to another, less expensive, tourney to see if the fun and palaver is still there that makes the expense justifiable. I'm gonna try to go to Atlanta, if not there then I'm going to VGames for sure. After that I'll have an answer for everyone.[/color]

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
McFox, you live in Louisiana, right? It's kinda like Louisiana as far as temperature is concerned, but it gets kinda windy in DFW. I'm gonna be wearing pants and a sweatshirt.

OR, we could get REALLY lucky and have it snow here; it's about that time, isn't it? Maybe I'm thinking February . . . whatever.

Cloud, what's the name for the hurricane with 'M' starting it? If it isn't taken, I think it should be named 'Hurricane MOVE THE **** OUT OF FLORIDA". Seriously, I wouldn't be able to put up with all that crap. If my woman got put in the hospital by a hurricane, I don't know what I'd do. It'd involve some sort of insanity, that's for sure. I feel for you, man. Hope everything works out.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
We've never, ever had bad weather on the day of Moast ;) which is bizarre, since we always hold it in early January. It's always bright and sunny and 70 degrees. I wonder how long we can play this russian roullette? ;)

But in all honesty, it IS in early january, so dress accordingly. We don't get much snow in Texas, but it does get cold.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, make sure you do bring suitable clothing for winter, and actually, it has snowed here in Plano for the past 4 years. It may be for a day or 2, but you never know. IIRC, it does reach 40 degrees or lower here sumtimes, so don't assume it will be a nice 70 degree weather around the time MOAST rolls along

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I think it was cold last MOAST.

And how many lives and how much time for the matches? I think I missed it.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by David Kirk
I plan on coming in my short pink shorts and purple tank top regardless of the weather.
Are you female? If not, then please, for the love of whatever god you believe in, don't do that.

*EDIT*

Bahamut
McFox, you live in Louisiana, right? It's kinda like Louisiana as far as temperature is concerned, but it gets kinda windy in DFW. I'm gonna be wearing pants and a sweatshirt.
Yeah, I figured it would be, but I also figured I'd better ask anyway, just in case. It's snowed twice here in my city in the past 15 years. Oddly enough, it was January 1st of 2000 and 2001.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
last moast was niiiiiiiiiiice the days before and most of the week after. however, the night of moast2, it did get cold. i know this because i was outside playing smash in the hall with marcos and he kept coming up with "i'm sick and it's cold" johns the whole time then decided to go inside and sleep or something.

Mr.C

Smash Master
*KIRK!!!!!, ur the one that said Ganon VS pichu :p Well i was just kidding and my pichu aint that great. But my YL VS ur Ganon maybe ;). My YL has a rep of beating Ganon's, *looking at JF ;)*

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
There isn't a reg fee for 2v2 ;)

There is a 1v1 fee, a 2v2 fee, and a reg fee. No matter what you enter, you have to pay the reg fee. In fact, in order to play on the TVs, you have to pay it.

Reg - 10
1v1 - 15
2v2 - 10

So, to play in the 2v2 tournament, it's 20 dollars. The 1v1 tournament only, it's 25 dollars. And to play in all three, it's 35 dollars. You only have to pay the reg fee ones ;)

-Scav

dcx1287

Smash Lord
LMFAO LOL

yes that's a reg fee LMAO

nah jk lol reg fee stands for registration fee, so he was wondering if there is a separate registration fee for both the 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 tournament.

but there's ONLY one registration fee for the entire tournament of $10

and then after that you pay accordingly (in addition to the base $10 registration fee) if you want to enter 1 v 1s, 2v2s, or both.

LOL BANNER HAX'D

Top Bottom