• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I almost forgot about this game >.<
V/LA: one more day.. Unexpected family and school stuff came up. I'm so sorry and this probably makes me look scummy but college is pretty important >.< sorry.

:phone:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Okay my inactivity is really embarrassing but this time I literally have everything cleared out to freaking do this now. I have a lot I want to post about.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Ttar gave me weird gut feelings, hopefully I can quantify them. Early game...he's just barely there. Giving the illusion of being helpful without doing much.
#198 has non-stance stance on Toaster and everybody and their grandmother had me as scum at that point, but...not much else.
#369 again only discusses players who have been main points of discussion this game day.
Oh look I did it. Lean scum read.
I understand you voted for Toast, as he's extremely scummy right now, but after a post like this, you're up there too.

#198 was before Soup dropped a pressure nuke on Toast's head, and Toast made himself look more scummy. #369: of course I focused on players that have been hot topics for discussion (a couple posts later, I discussed Joker too), but you hadn't gotten much attention, and I still expressed a desire for you to explain why you're not scum (something you've still yet to do).

Your argument is flimsy as hell. You didn't say a thing regarding me for the entire game, until a while after I started pointing out what makes you look scummy (which, as I said, you've done nothing to justify). Then suddenly you have a scum read on me. Clearly I'm not the only one who thinks that's mega fishy.

I also notice how despite your scum read on me, you still vote for Toast, because he's in the hot seat, and nobody would blame you, whereas you voting for me would draw a lot of attention to yourself. Pretty clever, I suppose, but I don't buy it.

How does everyone else feel about this? I know Vinyl shares my suspicion.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Well, this is a really long read y'all. I'm going to consider this a break point in my notes to ask some questions. Excuse me for lack of future knowledge, as I have only read up to post #160 at this point, so please don't reference anything beyond that point in response to me.

Joker- What was your original vote on BSP for? You seemed to get onto the wagon using the logic "Make him defend himself to get into the game"? This is something that is unclear to me.

Ragnarok/Soup- Why did you drop that read list on post #132? And also in #136 you posted that you agreed with BadWolf that you had a negative view of Joker. Did you ever get around to posting your exact thoughts on Joker or is this just a blanket "I agree with BadWolf's case?"

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Also this is partially why I'm so inactive if anybody was wondering. It took me from freaking 8am to 11am to do 160 posts in a newbie game... Like given I take full notes and stuff but gosh. Expect complete catch-up and full questions by the time the sun goes down.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Alright I did my initial read through here are my thoughts from what I read initially.

Ori_Bro - town
BadWolf28738 - town
PrivateJoker-Brown - town
ToasterBrains - Null/Scum
Tyranitarphantom - town
BSP - town
tonberry - town
mightbebenjamin - town
Vinyl. - Null/Scum
Soup - town
Sold2 - Null/town

I need to go do some stuff but if you all have any questions on my reads I'll be happy to answer.

I'm also fine with the idea of a toaster lynch. It seems as though he is playing dumb town or he is playing scum thats turning kinda desperate to stay alive

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
ok sorry for the innactivity. the mass posting gets hard to keep track of when there are a ton of people in the game and i dont like to post a lot on day 1. idk thats just me and how i play. im going to try to do a read on everybody here and see where it goes. also, the fact that we have no idea who is out there role wise has made me a lot more curious about people. last game it was only a cop in play so that wasnt too bad (as far as special roles go).

oook lets get on with it.

Ori-Bro - null read as of now. no real flashers on you so im going to leave you alone for now. HOWEVER....
you replaced loli. i had begun to have suspicions of her at the begining of the game. it seemed inconsistent with how she played last game and it seemed like she was a lot more serious. she lived to the end last game (i think) so i dont know why she would switch her attitude now. i would like to see some more posts.

Badwulf - i will post in my own good time so chill. lol. you have posted a lot without drawing suspicion to yourself so i figure that you would have slipped if you were evil. townie for you.

Private-Jokerbrown - your playstyle infuriates me. seriously. and the avatar doesnt help. you claim to be a newbie because you have never played before but when you have an idea you claim that you have read other games and therefore should be listened to. you cant just keep switching back and forth as you need to. i think you could be a scum just because you are trying to use both roles to your advantage. i have no proof as of now but i have my eyes on you...

ToasterBrains - i voted you in RVS because i thought your mustache was insulting. once you got all pressured you squirmed and honestly i thought you just made a newbie mistake too. however as the game went on i actually became more suspicious of you and im not going to change my vote for you as of yet. im gonna check some old posts and get back to you yet.

TyranitarPhantom - nothing to say right now. i havent really been looking at you so i dont have an accurate read yet.

BSP - you have been active and have drawn some fire for it. you claim that you like active posting because it makes scum easier to find and you are right. i think that that is just how you play and i do not suspect you.

Tonberry -your avatar is cool. -5 suspicion points. but in all seriousness, you post some very technical walls and you put your emotions into them. its really hard to fake that so i doubt your scummyness. if you are mafia, you will screw up soon enough and shoot yourself and that will solve that problem. but i really doubt that because i like how you are playing and i believe that you are a townie. i dont really believe that if you were mafia you would be so open. you seem to have experience in some form or another and i think you are playing a town role wonderfully.

Vinyl. - you are a tough case to crack. i like you scum hunting style but the last time you were like this you were red scum. that really upset me because i had NO IDEA. very well done last game. but as for now your playstyle really mimics your last one which leads me to believe that you are just playing normally and that if you are guilty, its going to have to be proved based on who dies, what they flip and how they connected to you. gonna wait this one out. but for now, town.

Soup - i missed the campaign against you so im not gonna rally say much. i was innactive for that part. if you are guilty, i will trust the rest of the group to eliminate you unless you put out something really bad, in which case i will. gonna wait this one out as well.

sold2 - i understand the innactivity. i think a mafia would be somewhat more active because when you have a role you get more excited. waiting for more from you as well.

ok that about wraps that up. would like some response to this, especially from those of you who i have questioned. like i said, i will be fairly innactive durring day 1 so dont expect too much. i will probably put out another when i get some feedback so for now, toodles.

also, i have an 8 hour a day job, so catching up and posting will happen about 2 times a day fro, here on out if all goes well.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I would like to point out that I have never used my noob status as a shield, nor have I claimed that I should be listened to because "I've read games, therefore I know what I'm talking about." These are not things I have done, at least not on purpose. If you got that from anything I've said, I promise you it's a misconception on your part. I feel I've given adequate reasoning for everything I've done, and none of those reasons have been so shallow as "leave me alone I R nooblet" or "you should trust me, because I think I'm awesome at this game."

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So benji, do you have a read on me based on anything other than my avatar, or me doing things that I didn't do?

I honestly don't see how people can still read me so Null. It's not like I haven't put myself out there enough for you to get an accurate read. Is it that you all think I look town, but you think I'm so clever that I might be scum playing a convincing townie? Cuz that pretty much sums up my read on BSP.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't see how that's aggro. Benji said he's give out more reads when he got some feedback. I'm just trying to make it clear that his read on me doesn't make sense, at least not to me. I don't think it'd be very hard for him to take a closer look at me, other than it being time consuming. He said he's kinda busy, so I'm not in a hurry, but if I'm not crystal clear about my desire for a new read, he may forget.

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
well for starters, theres the cocky factor going on right now. and no, my read is not based on your avater. that was almost insulting. i had some people i suspected and i am trying to keep a closer read on them then the rest of the people because i cant keep track of everything. i had better reads on people i suspected so i kinda zoned you out a little. but if you really wanna know what i think of you now, here's your wish. last game i played was with Admondrias_Rake. he did as you are doing, following up on leads, looking up quotes and posting massive walls and focusing people onto his own reads. the only problem is that he was a yellow scum, and a beautiful one at that. he had the entire team duped. i only found out because when he got my lynched he had all of 0 votes himself and had cleared himself in everybody's eyes. when he got pressured he played it cool and moved on. you got pressured and squirmed some. you are playing typical newbie mafia and no, you arent using you newness as a shield but yes, you are trying to seem more confident that i think you really are. so if you wanted to be on my radar, then thats wish number 2.

make sure you pick you third one better because 20 minutes ago you were a null read.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Tomorrow morning I'll knock everything out, Pinkie Swear (not a joke). I know I'm stalling a lot but I really don't want to come into this game missing a good chunk of information. I don't want to be that guy who just looks freaking stupid.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
last game i played was with Admondrias_Rake. he did as you are doing, following up on leads, looking up quotes and posting massive walls and focusing people onto his own reads. the only problem is that he was a yellow scum, and a beautiful one at that. he had the entire team duped. i only found out because when he got my lynched he had all of 0 votes himself and had cleared himself in everybody's eyes. when he got pressured he played it cool and moved on. you got pressured and squirmed some. you are playing typical newbie mafia and no, you arent using you newness as a shield but yes, you are trying to seem more confident that i think you really are. so if you wanted to be on my radar, then thats wish number 2.

make sure you pick you third one better because 20 minutes ago you were a null read.
You're saying that because I am playing similar to Admondrias_Rake, who hunted for scum while simultaneously being scum, means that I am playing typical newbie mafia? What?

There's a huge problem with that theory. In that game, scum had an actual reason to hunt for other scum. There were 2 mafia factions. There's no chance that there's 2 scum factions in this game.

It's a newbie game, and having 2 scum factions in a closed setup would be a horribly evil setup. Even if this wasn't a newbie game, it would be a terrible idea to have 2 scum factions and not tell anyone.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Oh also, you're now basing your read entirely on someone else's meta. Badwolf already pointed out that basing reads entirely on meta is a bad idea, and basing them on the meta of a totally different person? Wow.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sold2 said:
Ragnarok/Soup- Why did you drop that read list on post #132? And also in #136 you posted that you agreed with BadWolf that you had a negative view of Joker. Did you ever get around to posting your exact thoughts on Joker or is this just a blanket "I agree with BadWolf's case?"
Re-assurance, nothing really else. I already explained that I agreed with Badwolf at this point in time and didn't feel like making my own post about it as i would just be saying the same things, why is it so important to you?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Does anyone else think it's weird that Benji got so aggressive with me for questioning his read? I mean, all I did was say "Hey, these things you think you saw me do? I didn't do them."

And he responds with "omfg you are being scummy now, I change my read to scum!" At least that's what I got from it.

He makes it sound like me being on his radar is a bad thing, but I asked to be on his radar. It was clear he didn't know wtf he was talking about in regard to me, and I asked him to take a closer look at me. Why is he getting so aggressive about it?

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
actually, you need to do this at least some because if i cant draw predictions based on how people have played then i have to sit back and see who the mafie kills before i can make assumptions. if i can say, "gee, that guy is acting just like the last mafia we killed, maybe theres a connection" its worth it to lynch that guy over another person because you have to notice patterns in this game. so yes, i will base reads of how other played. i look for agression because when a mafie get targeted on D-1 they get mad because most of the time its a guess and they are mad because they dont get to play their role. so the aggression u keep putting out there is really NOT helping you at all because i have had that happen a ton in real life and online too and its correct most of the time. also, the insults are totally uncalled for, passive aggressive as they may be.

also, i know J and he is completely evil so i wouldnt put it past him to do something like that just to watch us dance.

but really?i have scum reads on other people and you want me to focus on you? do you really want people to look at you that closely? i have made wonderful cases against other people because i looked into everything they said and they turned out to be completely false. if you are a townie, try not to go out early to try to clear yourself. it not going to do you any good in the long run. even if u clear yourself now, later on in the game everybody is still going to remember that time you got a ton of votes but didnt die and its going to creep up on them. once there is doubt, it is never gone. its not a position you wanna be in.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't get how i'm insulting you.

And your only scum read is Toaster. Really? If that's all you've got, I fail to see how asking you what you think about me, is distracting you from some important case that you might be building against the most obvscum player in the game. Please, help us catch the notorious Toaster, for without your expertise, he will surely evade us. :smirk: (<----- this is what insulting you looks like)

If you had a scum read on anyone else, perhaps you'd care to share? I just reread through your list of reads and you pretty much read everyone as null/town.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Oriiiiiiio, I'd like your reason why I'm scum, please.
I'd like to hear this too. Is it because his play is similar to his last game where he was scum, like Benji said?
I'm probably assuming becuase I'm jumping onto others?

Not sure yet.
My current read on you being null/scum is based entirely on the way you have been posting and your overall playstyle thus far this game. I don't have enough info to try and push a wagon, but its just my current thought after trying to play catchup. I will be reading through again soon to justify more because we need to get stuff done toDay.

Also, PJB I didn't really pay attention to him in Newbie 19 so I have no reason to use that as justification. I agree with BadWolf that he shouldn't be usinh past meta as a reason to vote for someone.

Oh also, you're now basing your read entirely on someone else's meta. Badwolf already pointed out that basing reads entirely on meta is a bad idea, and basing them on the meta of a totally different person? Wow.
Yeah basing someone's reads off of how they played in a previous game is very bad. People take each roll they get differently so thats the worst type of thing to use as judgement call.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Okay lol, yeah Benji plays very peculiar from what I've seen. Enough side talk,

So PJB... This day needs to start rolling in the right direction, so can you answer a few questions for me?

- What are your thoughts on the current lynch wagon Toaster
- What are your current reads
- What do you feel needs to be done? Who needs to be looked into if you feel Toaster isn't the right choice.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I think lynching Toaster is a fine idea. He has played scummy as hell from the very start, and it's obvious to everyone. When the wagon on him started, he bailed, and everyone decided "meh, he's new. Maybe we should give him a second chance." and the wagon just sort of ended. Since we have until Monday to continue looking at other players, I'm fine with looking for a different lynch for toDay. If Toaster manages to live another Day as a result, he will most likely give us plenty of new reasons to lynch him. He's not dangerous, in the slightest, but he's a perfect target for the lynch if we don't find anyone else by Monday.

Oh boy, my current reads? They aren't very different from the reads I posted earlier, with a few exceptions. I'll pull that up now.

Here are my reads thus far, because I was way too impatient to sleep on it.

Tonberry
Right now I feel like the Tonberry wagon only has one piece of evidence pointing to him being scum, which is a lot less than ToasterBrains for me. I'm waiting for him to give his reads and whatnot tomorrow.
- Hoove of Suspicion, for now.
I agree with Benji that his reads appear well thought out and genuine. I disagree that this makes him more townie, however. Tonberry is clearly an experienced, smart player. He should have known better than to make a wagon L-2 with such little evidence. Still not getting a lot of action out of him. He continues to bear my hoof of suspicion. He's the guy I wanna look at next, it's just hard cuz he posts so little. - Scummy

Badwolf
His early game smelled really suspicious to me (it still does, but it's easily explained away by the "herp derp RVS doesn't matter" mentality lots of players have). Ironically, the strongest townpoint he has is his case against me, which indicates that he's scumhunting. His case was extremely weak, but I guess it's fair to assume I'm the only person who thought so at the time. There were obviously questions raised that I needed to answer so that we'd all be on the same page.
- I'm inclined to lean town
This hasn't really changed. He seems to be done with me, but he hasn't moved onto anyone else yet. Don't see him as being terribly scummy so I have no interest in looking at him now. - continued Town lean

Soup
Soup is on my radar for sure. I must have missed Vinyl's case on him the first time through (probably because I was busy defending myself from Badwolf). Not about to sleep on him just cuz he's the IC. His "hands off approach to being an IC" this game is a really convenient excuse to vote however he wants with no justification, and then challenge us to figure out why. When Vinyl called him on it, he still opted to not give reasons for his actions. Since I had previously stated that I thought I knew what his motives were, he knew he could just kick back and allow me to clear his name. If you look at his list of "reads", you'll notice that they are more or less identical to Badwolf's, right down to the fact that I was "a conundrum". Are they really that like minded? Or is Soup just letting us do all the work for him?
- Pretty scummy. I've got my eye on you
Soup kinda changed my mind on this one. I still don't know that I trust him, but his behavior probably wasn't scummy, just him being a bad IC in my eyes. - Null

BSP
I'm not so sure about him. He plays way too dumb, then suddenly he seems to be a borderline mastermind. The fact that everyone keeps telling him that he's noobtown, and then he argues with them about it, doesn't clear it up for me. He thinks and talks in terms of WIFOM way too much for me to trust anything he says. (Wine In Front Of Me. This is a concept from the Princess Bride often used in Mafia. It refers to the infinite loop of thought that your enemy might put poison in your wine, but he might also know you'll suspect that, and instead put the poison in his own wine.)
- I'm only inclined to lean town by process of elimination. Otherwise he would be hella Null read
This one is pretty much the same too. He's getting more active all the time, and he's starting to hunt for scum a bit more. I'm slightly more inclined to call him town than I was before. - lean town

Vinyl
Vinyl appears to be hunting scum. I think we share a similar read on Soup at this point, and since he brought it up before anyone else, I know he's thinking for himself. I'd like to see more in the next few days so I can try to solidify this read more.
- Town lean
Vinyl's also still in the same boat. The more he posts, the more I like this read. - Townie

Toaster
I've already made my case on him, but it boils down to his obvious bandwagon votes on BSP, and his constant lurking while contributing nothing. His responses when pressured about leave much to be desired.
- Hella scummy
Since the time that I posted this, he has only done more things to prove that he is scum. This one definitely stands. - SCUM

Sold2
Obv scum :troll: Nah he hasn't posted enough for me to know.
- By default, this makes him a null read, for now
Still waiting for him to post more. He keeps saying he will. - Null

Tyranitar
Flying way under the radar so far. Hasn't been totally inactive, but hasn't posted much of anything useful. Get some reads out there please!
- Null read
Still flying low. Want to see you post more - Null

Benjy
- Refer to Tyranitar read
Not sure what to make of that exchange we just had. It's enough to make me want to look at him next if Tonberry doesn't go anywhere, but that's not really saying much. Maybe he just plays weird, like Ori said. If he keeps up the activity, he may change my mind, since it's still early. Gun to my head, I'd say he's more scummy than town, but it's only ever so slightly so. Not something to get worked up over just yet. - Mostly Null

Loli/Ori
- Refer to Tyranitar read
Still not a ton to go on, but I'm confident with Ori_bro at the helm of this slot, we'll be getting more activity, and more readable data. - Null

Joker
I'm with you guys on this dude. I don't know WHAT to make of him. He is a mystery wrapped in a riddle.
- Swag read
Like I said before, I dunno why everyone is still so "Null" on me at this point. I guess I'm just not a priority target. - Swag
Updates are in red

I'm not really sure what else we can do at this point. The inactive people are slowly becoming more active, so I guess we just have to wait and see what happens with them. In particular, I wanna keep an eye on Tonberry. If nothing happens, I'd be content with a Day1 Toaster lynch. We can always deal with the silent people on Day2 for allowing a lynch to go by with no input.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Thanks for the detailed reads list PJB. I'll probably be delving deeper into my hunt on Saturday night/Sunday. I'm helping a friend move to Grnd Rapids tomorrow :I

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
Thankyou for intentionally mocking me Privatejoker-Brown. As a result of us disagreeing on what we think, we are officially just as far from winning this game as we were before you decided that being rude was a good way to make friends and kill mafia.

also, yes i AM aggrevated with Joker. but its not because i have been pressured into a corner. i dont have anybody tunneling me right now to figure out my role. im aggrevated because i stated an opinion and Joker decided that being condescending was a good idea, and having people look down on me is one of me pet peeves. seriously. if the first post that i made that was a reply to you made you angry, sorry, that was not the original intent. if it was offensive, i did not mean it to be so. but really, i would like to get off this petty little argument that accomplishes nothing and get on with reading people i suspect such as Ori_Bro, who i stated i suspected in my post about everybody. and my opinions do change a lot so if i say you are a null when you post a lot, it just means that im not looking into your posts right now. i dont set out in this game to make enemies. i just want to play the game and have fun.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Benji no need to be so defensive. I still have you as townie. Other than using past meta you are seemingly town.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Also, PJB I didn't really pay attention to him in Newbie 19 so I have no reason to use that as justification. I agree with BadWolf that he shouldn't be usinh past meta as a reason to vote for someone.
So you see that I've been jumping on others when scumhunting?

Top Bottom