• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This proves it even further:

Vinyl
Vinyl appears to be hunting scum. I think we share a similar read on Soup at this point, and since he brought it up before anyone else, I know he's thinking for himself. I'd like to see more in the next few days so I can try to solidify this read more.
- Town lean
And as for you, joker said you're suddenly in the borderline mastermind. And I'm almost thinking the same way too, because now that I think of it, you're not doing much are you? Rather than currently suspecting me and trying to be sure if you can vote someone yet, Hm?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Omfg the wall.

Bolded: This bothered me quite a lot. He said convince us that you are town. Not show that you are town CONVINCE us. Why do you need to convince us?
As I stated before, I don't think the Mafia are the only team that wants to convince the town that they are town. If you are considered possible mafia, people are less inclined to follow you, or even listen to you. Every game I've seen where the town caught scum quickly, was because a player had a provable power role that confirmed him as town, which allows the town to know they have someone they can trust.

Since making an unnecessary early claim would be foolish, I am inclined to let the town know that I am on their side by making my presence known, and valuable.

Jumping like a frog....
I wasn't jumping like a frog due to nerves, I was making an RVS vote. Even if I was, that is not telling of alignment. I'm a new player, and it wouldn't be out of the question to think I was nervous about my first game. Whether I am town or mafia isn't relevant to that idea.

This, however, wasn't the case for me. There's actually a completely different reason I made this jump on you.

I decided that making a completely random vote, and telling everyone "Hey, this is a completely random vote" would not make anyone feel the need to respond. So I made you believe I was serious about it, since you were the first person to post something I could jump on. I'd say it was a success, since everyone did, in fact, believe me.

Bold: RVS gets people talking that’s the point of it.
Which is what I did. Your pointless RVS vote, which Vinyl never felt a need to respond to, didn't do anything.
Underlined: What reasons had I given as of that point?
None really. I read your post, and that thought popped into my head. "Hey, if he says Vinyl makes scum lose, then why would he wanna vote to lynch him?" I thought it was funny, and that it would help me figure out how defensive you get over absolutely nothing. (as it turns out, you choked)

I know, right? I should be the mare of punyville

Considering that you gave a reason for your first vote, why are you questioning my motives anyway?
Because it pressured you into saying something inconsistent IMMEDIATELY. Vinyl asked you if you were serious or joking, and you said both. When I pressed you about it, you said it was all a joke.

Bolded: Voting to lynch is dangerous in early game. It allows the scum to swoop in and quicklynch.
Underlined: We’re not discouraging early game voting we are discouraging early game lynches.
I know how mafia works, sir.

I really don’t think you get the point of RVS that well. The entire thing is to get people talking. By taking the votes off the people it doesn’t allow for conversations on that vote.
And yet, here we are talking about it.

Again, a vote still has weight behind it whether or not it is a RVS vote.
We just disagree on this point. I'm not of the opinion that people will respond to an accusation when they know everybody else knows it has no merit.

Vinyl is an experienced player, he has played this for a while now and I know that he’s good. I want to be able to get better reads on him.
That's fair. So why'd you remove your vote?

You seem really interested with lurking. Is lurking a serious tell to you or are you just grasping at anything that looks scummy?
I don't think lurking is scummy all by itself, no. But when someone is lurking a lot, that means they are reading the thread. If they are reading the thread, then post something that indicates that they haven't been paying attention, I have to question whether they are omitting facts on purpose.

So lurking is scummy but posting fluff isn’t? Color me confused.
I was under the impression that this was a game. I was poking fun at him. Sue me.

Was it a good or bad way? You’ve never really stated what reads you have on me. Are you angry about the fact that I’m going after you? Do you have a scum read on me because of this?
I think you're just really misguided. If you were paying attention, you'd realize that I pursued you (in RVS) waaaaaaay before you started hardcore tunneling me. I'm inclined to believe that you felt pressure from me early on, so you started watching me. When you started watching me, you started spotting things you thought might be scummy. If you continue tunneling me, it might make me question your motives more. I feel I've done a satisfactory job of proving my innocence so far.

Why are you asking him about the exchange? Would you have gotten reads off of it?
Yea, I would have gotten his read on you

You said that you were going to vote BSP, but I was wondering. Did Soup’s first vote have any sway on how you were going to pursue him?
Yea, I wasn't originally gonna vote him, just question him. When Soup voted him, I decided that 2 votes were better than 1, since 1 vote is very nonthreatening, but more than 1 vote starts to feel like a wagon forming. I honestly didn't believe an actual wagon was gonna form around this.

Are you counting on other people at all? Would you lean more on a read if an IC had it or another more experienced player?
I pay attention to others, certainly. Their IC status is irrelevant though. I would rather look at a person's reasoning, and decide for myself whether they are onto something legitimate or not. This applies to everyone equally.

Did you know that he was at L-2 when the last guy had voted him? Would you have moved your vote if not for Soup or I’s comments?
I honestly didn't know what L-2 was until Soup said something. When it became clear that if we were to assume that everyone on the wagon was innocent, all it would take to lynch BSP was for the mafia to jump on it, so I jumped off.

When you thought you knew what he was doing, does it do anything to your reads on him that you had over thought his plan?
Yes. I think it's entirely possible that he was going after an easy target, hoping that the room full of noobs would think it was totally a legit reason to lynch and follow him. When people started doing exactly that, Soup even commented on how easy this game was going to be.

Do you think he was outright sheeping? Or was he being a newb?
I think he was just being a noob. He's clearly not stupid enough to think he can get away with something that obvious. At the exact moment I was voting for him though? I had no idea if he was stupid or not. That's why I wanted to hear his explanation.

How’s your read on him now?
I'm kinda Null on him. I want to say he's town, but every time someone gives reasoning for their actions, he questions it with WIFOM logic. The fact that he thinks that way makes me think anything he says might just be misdirection. Gun to my head? I guess I'd call him town.

Would you consider lynching someone else right now? Is Toaster on your list? Any other scum reads?
Lynching BSP wouldn't be worthwhile unless he flipped scum. I don't think we'd learn anything from it if he flipped town, and since I don't really think he's scum, I don't want to lynch him.

1. Dumb/scum is not a backhanded comment.
2. Why so quick with the jumping off the wagon? You were the second person on it why were you the first one off?
You actually called me "dumb town". Since I already know I'm town, I pretty much just read this as you calling me "dumb", since you also acknowledged that I was town at the time. That's kinda like you complementing me and insulting me at the same time, which is backhanded. I shouldn't have taken it so personally though.

Bolded: So you’re expecting people to crumble under pressure? WHy can’t they slip without pressure on them? How do you get your reads off of someone now?

Underlined: Will the NK toNight give you any info? If so explain why.
Somebody could easily slip up on their own, but I can't make them do that. The only thing I can actively do, is pressure them.

I have no idea if the NK will tell me anything until it happens.
Is NK patterns the only way you get reads? Or do you believe that it’s your best read method?
Obviously not. I was talking to BSP. He said he was a more "concrete data" type of person, so I told him what things are considered to be concrete data in mafia. I was trying to let him know that if he was convinced he couldn't catch scum without hard facts, that there was a way for him to do that.

Bolded: If you jumped the wagon before him does that give any suspicion to you? Did you think that voting for BSP made it a possible wagon?
It could definitely make me look suspicious, but I feel I've given adequate explanation for my actions, and the thought process behind them. Toaster has not.

Underlined: How would drawing attention to yourself be scummy?
That was me quoting what Toaster said, so you should direct that question to him. I'm as confused about the reasoning as you are.

2nd Bolded: You keep going after the lurkers. Would you be willing to lynch one if we were reaching deadline?
No, because I think there is better info to go on than lurking. Lurking is not something worth lynching someone for, but it is something that can give you a reason to keep a closer eye on someone.

Bolded: If a lynch flips town would you look into the person who had pushed them the hardest? Why? Not all fights are TvS (town vs. scum).
I think looking at the person pushing the lynch is the first place to start. Looking at a person does not mean "Lynch them cuz they lynched town, lol!" It means analyzing their case, and finding intent behind it. Were they really convinced that the target was scum, or did they just do a good job of convincing everyone else that they were?

Again you are really interested in lurkers.
Not really, I'd just prefer it if people stopped lurking ,and started posting. We can't get reads on people who don't post.

Bolded: Are you keeping your reads closed?
What do you mean by this?

So you don’t like lurking but this doesn’t have any tell to you?
It's not a tell, no. But again, if they don't start posting, how can we read them? I'm trying to discourage lurking, certainly. I do not want to lynch people for it.

Bolded: Do you feel the need to prove to us that you’re a towny?

Underlined: So why haven’t you voted him yet?
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. If people don't trust me, why would they listen to me when I give reads? Of course I want people to believe that I am town.

I haven't voted for him, because I'm not convinced it would do anything. He's told us everything we could possibly learn from pressuring him, since he's probably the person who has come under the most fire so far in this game. I can't lynch him by myself, so the fact that people are disinclined to vote for him due to him maybe just being reeeeeally noobie, makes me voting for him kinda pointless.

You keep saying that you have suspicions but you never vote or act on them, why not?
I don't think soup is dumb enough to crack under the pressure of votes. Vinyl and I have stated our opinions on soup, and people are now looking at him a bit more closely. We still have a couple days to get something more actionable out of him.

I agree with this, but I don’t think that we need to look at them closer than the others. We are all very capable of being scum.
I agree.

You really need to get a vote out. I won’t accuse you of sheeping if you have reasons of your own. Post a case when you vote.
As a townie, my vote is my only weapon. I can't read people's facial cues or their body language, and I don't have a magic lasso to make them tell me stuff. My vote is all I have. So far, I have tried to use my vote with purpose, but if I throw it around all willy nilly every day, people will stop paying attention to it. I'll vote when I'm ready to, not because you say I have to.

Whew. I hate doing long *** "quote by quote" responses like that.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Would you consider lynching someone else right now? Is Toaster on your list? Any other scum reads?
Lynching BSP wouldn't be worthwhile unless he flipped scum. I don't think we'd learn anything from it if he flipped town, and since I don't really think he's scum, I don't want to lynch him.

EBWOP: Just realized I left part of this unanswered by mistake.

Yes, Toaster is on my list, and yes, I have other scum reads. I think Soup is pretty scummy, but you know this, because you've already addressed it.

1. Dumb/scum is not a backhanded comment.
2. Why so quick with the jumping off the wagon? You were the second person on it why were you the first one off?
You actually called me "dumb town". Since I already know I'm town, I pretty much just read this as you calling me "dumb", since you also acknowledged that I was town at the time. That's kinda like you complementing me and insulting me at the same time, which is backhanded. I shouldn't have taken it so personally though.

EBWOP: I missed the 2nd part here too. I guess I should have read through the damn thing in Preview Post.

I jumped off because I didn't want BSP to get lynched. As I've explained several times, I was thinking for myself when pursuing BSP, so the fact that I was #2 on the wagon has nothing to do with me being the first to jump off. These were actions that I decided to make on my own. I wasn't following anyone for the sake of following them.

I think that covered it all now.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
None really. I read your post, and that thought popped into my head. "Hey, if he says Vinyl makes scum lose, then why would he wanna vote to lynch him?" I thought it was funny, and that it would help me figure out how defensive you get over absolutely nothing. (as it turns out, you choked)
So you didn't really say, do you have a scum read on me because of my tunneling/hardbodying?

Because it pressured you into saying something inconsistent IMMEDIATELY. Vinyl asked you if you were serious or joking, and you said both. When I pressed you about it, you said it was all a joke.
I meant both of them as a joke really... When he had asked me about it I was feeling coy.

That's fair. So why'd you remove your vote?
Because it was more useful somewhere else.

I haven't voted for him, because I'm not convinced it would do anything. He's told us everything we could possibly learn from pressuring him, since he's probably the person who has come under the most fire so far in this game. I can't lynch him by myself, so the fact that people are disinclined to vote for him due to him maybe just being reeeeeally noobie, makes me voting for him kinda pointless.

I don't think soup is dumb enough to crack under the pressure of votes. Vinyl and I have stated our opinions on soup, and people are now looking at him a bit more closely. We still have a couple days to get something more actionable out of him.
Ok so a couple more questions,
1. Why so quick with the jumping off the wagon? You were the second person on it why were you the first one off? (You didn't answer this one)
2. Are you keeping your reads closed?: What do you mean by this?; I meant were you only looking at certain people to be scum? It sounded as if you were.
3. You said that as a town your greatest power is your vote, yet you don't vote. Even if I hadn't said anything would you have not voted?
4. Not really a question, but Unvote. You have satisfied me for now.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I think you're just really misguided. If you were paying attention, you'd realize that I pursued you (in RVS) waaaaaaay before you started hardcore tunneling me. I'm inclined to believe that you felt pressure from me early on, so you started watching me. When you started watching me, you started spotting things you thought might be scummy. If you continue tunneling me, it might make me question your motives more. I feel I've done a satisfactory job of proving my innocence so far.
This may have been unclear, but I've already stated that I think you're more likely town than scum. This isn't exactly confirmed for me or anything, but you haven't done anything to actually make me think you're scum. Continuing to tunnel me, even after removing your vote and stating that I've satisfied you, would probably change my mind.

Pursuing an incorrect scum read, doesn't make you scum. It would only make you scum if it becomes clear to everyone, including yourself, that you're wrong, but you continue pursuing it.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok so a couple more questions,
1. Why so quick with the jumping off the wagon? You were the second person on it why were you the first one off? (You didn't answer this one)
This one got addressed in my EBWOP
2. Are you keeping your reads closed?: What do you mean by this?; I meant were you only looking at certain people to be scum? It sounded as if you were.
There are only certain people I currently suspect of being scum at this point, yes. There are also several people who I read as Null, who could turn out to be scummy or town when they actually post something useful. It's also not entirely impossible for some of my town reads to be scum, since this game is all about tricking people. My scum reads could turn out to be town too, I'm not perfect. All I can do is work with what I think and see at the time, and I can't just go around questioning myself all day because it's possible for me to be wrong. I have to go with my gut.

So no, they aren't closed forever. There's always a chance for any of them to change at any time. There just needs to be reason for it.
3. You said that as a town your greatest power is your vote, yet you don't vote. Even if I hadn't said anything would you have not voted?
I might've continued throwing it around. When it became clear that my vote could affect myself as much as it would affect the person I voted, I decided my vote would be more valuable if it was used less.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Omfg the wall.

As I stated before, I don't think the Mafia are the only team that wants to convince the town that they are town. If you are considered possible mafia, people are less inclined to follow you, or even listen to you. Every game I've seen where the town caught scum quickly, was because a player had a provable power role that confirmed him as town, which allows the town to know they have someone they can trust.

Since making an unnecessary early claim would be foolish, I am inclined to let the town know that I am on their side by making my presence known, and valuable.

Whew. I hate doing long *** "quote by quote" responses like that.
The underlined accompanied with what is in bold makes it seem as if you're saying you have a PR from what I'm reading :urg: In any case I don't think you should want EVERYONE to believe you're town. I think that if everyone believes you to be town then the mafia would just kill you at night seeing as how they wouldn't be able to convince people of you being not town. Does that make sense? It made sense in my head not sure if it does in this.

I guess....just know that yes you definitely want to make your presence known but it also becomes known to mafia...soooo be caaaaaareful

Also, I hate reading those long *** "quote by quote" responses as well.

Ok thank you I'm going to bed maybe... Might reread tonight...

:phone:
You have the ability to sit down and re-read through all of that...I applaud you people T_T

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Also, as far as the whole lurking and whatever stuff go

If scum wanted to lurk all they have to do is set their profile to private and not have to deal with you guys seeing them on here the whole time. It'd be a lot less of a hassle then having to come back to a thread that was left open and see "hey [insert name] i see you lurking. What do you think? are you going to talk?"

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I decided it was time to build a more solid case against Soup. A couple of things just sort of hit me today, but when I was actually sitting at the computer thinking about the game, I was mostly just anxious about getting Badwolf's case on me out of the way. Now that that's out of the way, I feel up to piecing this together for all to see. Maybe we'll actually get something done about it.

Unvote
Vote: BSP
Pop quiz. Someone tell me why I'm voting BSP.
As soon as BSP made himself into an easy target, soup jumped on him right away. Instead of telling us why he thought BSP was scum, he asked us to coem up with a reason for him. This way, no matter what reason we gave for thinking he was scum, he could just say that his reasoning was different, and possibly call the other voters scum for leaping on the easy target.

This game is going to be extremely easy.
He posted immediately after Toaster put his vote on BSP, which put him at L-3. As soon as it became clear to him that he could easily manipulate the actions of the town, he seemed pretty confident that he was gonna win. Yet his "strategy" going into the game was that he would not give the town all the answers.

BSP is at L-2.
This is crazy. Why the hell are we lynching BSP right now? He has two posts. What the freaking hell you guys. STOP VOTING.
I gave them L-2 warning. By the way, L-2 means someone is 2 votes away from being lynched, if that needed clarifcation. Hey badwolf, my above post.
He didn't seem very concerned that BSP was at L-2 at this point, he just pointed it out so he could claim innocence later. When Badwolf showed concern about BSP getting lynched, he pulled the "Hey, I gave them a warning." card immediately.

Nothing else matters besides the wagon that is being formed on you?Any scum on there? Possibly? Do you have any reads or the alike?
He "doesn't want to give us the answers", but he's planting the idea that the people who voted for BSP, are scum.

Joker, Out what you think that I'm doing.
Trying to get me to state why he did what he did, so that he wouldn't have to.

NOW ABOUT MR. RAGNAROK.

I don't think it felt right.

BSP is a new mafia player, inexperienced, and willing to try a game out. I think he doesn't have a clue. Soup is an IC, meaning that his job is not only to play the game alongside other newbies, but to help them as well. He would've pointed out or give him a reason why.

And yet....He cught onto this.

And voted him. Assumingly, I would've expected him to answer that he should vote one of the people who he thinks is scum but he has to be wise about it, and yet, he simply voted for him and in order to strongly convince others, he even said this.

Personally, I think he's baiting you into voting him.

Unvote
FoS: Ragnarock

That it was just an RVS, as I recall reading from the past pages.
Vinyl catches onto him, and he never addresses it.

It's good that you're town this game Vinyl., but you couldn't be any more wrong about my intentions. Going to let Joker respond.

@Tyranitar Edit By Way Of Post.
He's going to let me do that for him. Based on my answer, he could either try to paint me as scum for having a stupid answer, or take the easy out if I came up with a good answer.

While Joker might have thought I was selectively choosing a wagon, that wasn't even my intention, I just voted someone I sincerely thought was scummy for the time being, BSP sitting around asking people who we should lynch is awful, but considering his attitude and response to me, it's blatant noobtown. Joker was right in one way, and that I was testing to see who would all jump on it, I did not have a master plan to catch scum in one fell swoop, I was just looking for reactions and getting people to interact with each-other.
He half-agrees with me, because my answer did not include that he voted for BSP for being scum. All I said was that it was a trap. Soup wants us to believe that when he votes for someone, it means they are scum. That way, we'll continue to follow him.

Badwolf is on the same track as me wrt Joker at this point, was going to make a huge post but Badwolf keeps impressing me somehow.
He was gonna make a huge post? I thought he was gonna play "hands off"? Again, he's letting us do the work for him whenever possible, so he can claim innocence later when the people he points us at flip town.

There is one thing that I have in my back-pocket however, and I'm going against my rule of not feeding the newbies all the answers.

Vote: Tonberry

Pre-emptive vote. Going to catch a nap and hopefully he isn't hammered by morning.
Since the BSP wagon is over, he's pointing us somewhere else, and claiming "no responsibility" by saying he hopes he isn't lynched by morning.

I'm glad BSP decided to play this game, I don't understand why he felt like being a sorry sap earlier in the day but it's good and I won't bother reading anything wrt him unless it's really important.

Put Joker down to anxioustown than anxiousscum, my tell on Joker was the fact he just in hyper-speed mode posting everywhere and everything, my first thoughts were that he was just looking to be relevant but the fact he's been jumping on everything just makes it seem like he's just anxious about being town. Joker, IC talk real quick, you don't have to do everything in order to be a good town, calm yourself and find your own reasoning in things, work at your own pace and prioritize yourself, you'll eventually become a nuisance if you continue to just post like this. Take a breather.
Why wouldn't he want me to hunt for scum? Even if I get lynched or night killed for being a nuisance isn't that just a ****load of information for town to use the next day? Why would he want me to have less content out there?

Toastin, your #200. It's fluff. Fluff/Filler is the action of making useless posts just for the sake of posting, you made one post that covered nothing and even said in it:

Don't do this, make your posts worthwhile, let town know what you're thinking but don't go into Joker mode and feel like you need to post about everything. Priority. Priority.
Noobscum.

You clearly had a problem, you opted out to do nothing about it, tell me what was so important for you to not do anything, or are you just making excuses?

What's this point you're trying to make here? I'm honestly confused.

Defensive? I told you how it is, don't take things so bluntly and maybe you would understand that, you had absolutely nothing on me and you match the biggest stretch anyone could ever do, the way I state my reads is not a tell.
Excuses. this is all I see, I don't see town admitting their faults, I see scum trying to make it seem like they've got reason to be scummy.
Vote: Toastin

Do more besides have this argument you can't win, and not because I'm just an IC.
Looking at Toastin's posts made me want to vomit, no offense to you at all but they're pretty disgusting. You try and feign confidence with me right now but all of page 7 is just you being wishy-washy and indecisive, you couldn't even make a truly solid stance on Joker which apparently was on your radar. What's the difference here? Why are you suddenly convicted towards me? Is it because I fought back?
Want to clarify my #275, I meant page 6.

It really doesn't matter, I'm in this game too, you really need to be more clear about things instead of playing around with it, what are you so scared about? You comment on your scumniness a ton and have this sarcastic manner from you.
Again, he goes after a really easy target at this point. But because we didn't all follow his vote, he pushes it.

Possibly, there is worse out there though, and I really do mean that. You guys need to look at this objectively, not subjectively, ask yourself if you really felt that what Toastin (or anyone) did was scummy, don't let personal feelings ever get involved in mafia.
Because he actually committed to the Toasterbrains push, he's now distancing himself from it. Again, he'll be able to claim innocence based on this later.

So lemme ask you this. He claims to have a win-condition to accomplish. What do you think that win-condition is, based on his play? Has he actually done anything useful? How has what he's done helped him achieve his win-condition?

BSP

Smash Legend
I thought you were suspicious because of this:

"For an experienced player, if you were town, I'd expect you to be scum hunting in general a lot more instead of jumping on the current weakest link"

And as you would know, I am scum hunting, as you saw from the past pages where you started questioning me.
Let me clarify. When I say passive approach, I mean you're not hunting as actively as I'd expect you to. At the same time though, aside Joker, I guess no one has really been really active aside from pursuing one case, so me calling you out alone on this isn't that warranted.

This proves it even further:
Ok, maybe my expectations are a little off then. So I'll unvote for now.

And as for you, joker said you're suddenly in the borderline mastermind. And I'm almost thinking the same way too, because now that I think of it, you're not doing much are you? Rather than currently suspecting me and trying to be sure if you can vote someone yet, Hm?
I'm doing just about as much as anyone else. I was just pressuring you, I looked into Joker's unusually high activity, and I've been trying to encourage the quieter people to be more active before they're possibly killed without contributing anything. Just look at my posts so far. For the most part, I've been trying to stimulate conversation and generate info that can help.

I say for the most part because my first few posts were me being an idiot. This is a WIFOM situation, but you're just going to have to take my word for it. As I said before,

I'm jumping onto people, but hey, there's less activity going on here.
Like I said, maybe my expectations were a little off.

BSP

Smash Legend
I guess....just know that yes you definitely want to make your presence known but it also becomes known to mafia...soooo be caaaaaareful
This is true, but I'd rather Joker put all of this information out there than die without contributing anything. I'd prefer this for any townie.

If we're all quiet and afraid just for our own sake, the mafia gets free kills and we gain nothing. This is why I'm pushing people to be active, and I'm skeptical and worried about the quiet ones.

And also, if we're all active and participating, no matter who gets nightkilled, we're going to learn something. The silent people are the ones in the most danger imo. Even if the mafia does let a stronger player live for another day, they're still just going off of theory if a silent person gets killed.

So lemme ask you this. He claims to have a win-condition to accomplish. What do you think that win-condition is, based on his play? Has he actually done anything useful? How has what he's done helped him achieve his win-condition?
It could possibly be lyncher since he's been beating toaster down and making him look like scum, which would make us vote to lynch him.

Right now, idk if Vinyl still has his FoS on Soup, but he was the first. Joker just presented a seemingly strong case against him too. I've been unable to get a stable opinion on him thus far, so I'd like to hear what he has to say as well.

Vote Soup

And if anyone thinks I'm sheeping, I can pull up multiple posts to show I've been questioning Soup's intentions for a while.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oh boy, gotta deal with the paranoid newbies for a second.

#HBC | ѕoup

Starting off with Joker, which improved on not posting a lot, so gj.

As soon as BSP made himself into an easy target, soup jumped on him right away. Instead of telling us why he thought BSP was scum, he asked us to coem up with a reason for him. This way, no matter what reason we gave for thinking he was scum, he could just say that his reasoning was different, and possibly call the other voters scum for leaping on the easy target
He posted immediately after Toaster put his vote on BSP, which put him at L-3. As soon as it became clear to him that he could easily manipulate the actions of the town, he seemed pretty confident that he was gonna win. Yet his "strategy" going into the game was that he would not give the town all the answers.
This is literally nothing you can prove and is all paranoia talking, BSP may have been an easy target but did you think possibly that I thought he was scum? I didn't vote BSP just because I thought it would be a fun thing to do, I voted BSP because he refused to do anything relevant and literally said, "So guys, who should I vote?" I posed a question because I wanted to see if people seen the direction I was coming from, and apparently you yourself seen it somehow as you instataneously voted him. Also, your point about me being able to call anyone scum who jumped on the 'easy wagon' is a load of bull, mostly because I didn't do that, and you're grasping for straws at what my intentions might have been, but you're not looking at what happened. This is slightly fine, however, forming an opinion of your own and having your own perspective is a good thing in mafia, but i'm going to tell that you're dead wrong and I will devour your wall for breakfast.

This is literally a stretch, my ill comment does not give me ulterior motive to be a villianous mastermind out to manipulate townies, I said it because i'm pretty confident in my reads right now, is there a problem here?

He didn't seem very concerned that BSP was at L-2 at this point, he just pointed it out so he could claim innocence later. When Badwolf showed concern about BSP getting lynched, he pulled the "Hey, I gave them a warning." card immediately.
It's not very fruitful to lynch someone within the first day of the game, I didn't want players just piling onto him and quicklynching in the chance that he was town, that would be very bad.

He "doesn't want to give us the answers", but he's planting the idea that the people who voted for BSP, are scum.
No, I was asking BSP a question to garner a read from him, from that point forward BSP had done absolutely nothing and literally said he didn't get the point of Day One, I was not painting that everyone voted him were scum.

Trying to get me to state why he did what he did, so that he wouldn't have to.
No, I wanted to get your reasoning behind what you thought I was doing and why you decided to jump on BSP also, you seemed to 'know what I was doing' and didn't want to stop that because of it, why has your opinion changed so haphazardly suddenly of what I was doing?

Vinyl catches onto him, and he never addresses it.
It didn't matter, Vinyl had a silly post that literally could be decimated with a couple of sentences, he's town and I didn't feel the need to respond. It happens.

He's going to let me do that for him. Based on my answer, he could either try to paint me as scum for having a stupid answer, or take the easy out if I came up with a good answer.
But did I? Did I? No. This point is just paranoia talking, if you're going to make a case you have to have actual reasoning behind it, this is all just grasping for straws and having this weird-*** mindset that I'm just manipulating players when I'm just trying to play the damn game like anyone else. I wanted to hear your response, it was important to my reads, if you've got a problem on how I do things I can't help you buddy because you haven't even gotten into the Big Leagues yet.

He was gonna make a huge post? I thought he was gonna play "hands off"? Again, he's letting us do the work for him whenever possible, so he can claim innocence later when the people he points us at flip town.
Once again, straw grasping. I agreed with Badwolf, this is not a tell at all and I specifcally told everyone earlygame that I was taking a back-seat approach, and once again, I did not ask everyone to do my work for me, I did not ask people to look at why I'm voting Toaster,]I showed it. I was not wasting my time making the same points Badwolf already made, I do not have to be inclined to do this.

Since the BSP wagon is over, he's pointing us somewhere else, and claiming "no responsibility" by saying he hopes he isn't lynched by morning.
A slight homage to how fast the BSP wagon happened, I did not claim no responsibility to my vote, I always vote for a reason.

Why wouldn't he want me to hunt for scum? Even if I get lynched or night killed for being a nuisance isn't that just a ****load of information for town to use the next day? Why would he want me to have less content out there?
I want you to hunt for scum, but I want you to take a breather and do it in mediation, you were literally posting about everything and thought you had to care about everyone, I pointed out to you to understand your own priority, and thankfully enough you took my advice and I didn't see as much posting yesterday and you went with your own reasoning on me, even if it's wrong.

Again, he goes after a really easy target at this point. But because we didn't all follow his vote, he pushes it.
Oh wait, me pushing my scum-reads is a scum-tell now? Scum doesn't want to get involved in anything and only wants to survive, Toastin has done absolutely nothing to stick his neck out and was just looking for excuses for his own play, he has not shown the initiative to do anything and is scared. There is a difference here though, a scared townie would not resort to the attitude Toastin gave me, and try and pretend that they had it all figured out and get cocky and back-lash at me when someone suspects them, this is something a scum would do, knee-jerking and try to put the accusation back on the other player to make them not seem suspect. "I'm innocent!" "I'm innocent!" It happens all the time, but in this case, there was no innocence there and he refused to explain his actions or admit his faults, he instead defended himself intensely and tried to justify everything he did, even on his small case on me he put a a ton of back-doors and things for him to get out of him, he wasn't commited and only made it to save his skin, like I said, he hasn't stuck his neck out.

Because he actually committed to the Toasterbrains push, he's now distancing himself from it. Again, he'll be able to claim innocence based on this later.

People were defending Toastin just because how he acted, and I wanted to tell the newbies not to look at things subjectively or get hurt about mafia, I attacked Toastin in a completely game-related way and he responded as a small appeal to me, he still hasn't backed up this apparent scum-read he has on me and as a townie, I would honestly expect him to have some[/]b effort to do so. I'll make a comparison for you, look at BSP and look at Toastin, both are completely new players but after BSP was pushed, he listened and he started to make content and pursue his own reads. Toastin didn't, toastin didn't do anything, he voted me and felt justified in this manner and then has let it sit there for about two days now without doing anything, he probably doesn't even have anything big on me and like I said, the way he acted and his attitude of acting the big man on campus about voting me but then refusing to back up that statement makes him likely noob scum.

BSP

Smash Legend
Soup's at L-3, be careful.
I just wanted him to have more incentive to respond directly, which he did. I'd rather not see a day 1 lynch unless it's painfully obvious.

So unvote for now

That being said...

Does anyone share Soup's sentiments on Toaster? Does anyone feel he's scummy enough for a lynch on day 1?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I'd be cool with killing soup~ **** that kid <3 I'm kidding soup

@mod: I'm requesting to be replaced out

It's not about anything other than I have to work on plushies for a couple of weeks and I just don't have time for anything else. If any of you guys still wanna see my work just follow me on Tumblr lolilovesrain.Tumblr.com or deviantART : lolilovesrain.deviantART.com

For now I just won't have time to participate in this game I'm so sorry guys bye!!

Also, j you won't see me on Skype for a while because ill be working lol and Zen well you'll never see me on Skype xD

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Whatcha think guys? Is Soup telling the truth?

Right now, idk if Vinyl still has his FoS on Soup, but he was the first. Joker just presented a seemingly strong case against him too. I've been unable to get a stable opinion on him thus far, so I'd like to hear what he has to say as well.

Vote Soup

And if anyone thinks I'm sheeping, I can pull up multiple posts to show I've been questioning Soup's intentions for a while.
What, specifically, did you think seemed strong about my case?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Why hello everypony! I'm Ori_bro and I'll be replacing Loli this game. I'm currently hanging with my bronys atm so I don't have much timero catch up on atm. Can someone give me a rundown of whats happened in the past 20+ pages, what the current state of the game is, etc?

Lets wins this Ponyville :D

Axel

J|Zεη
Vote Count 1-5

Ori_Bro (0)
BadWolf28738 (0)
PrivateJoker-Brown (0)
ToasterBrains (2) benjy, Soup
Tyranitarphantom (1) Sold2
BSP (0)
tonberry (0)
mightbebenjamin (1) Ori
Vinyl. (1) BSP
Soup (2) Toaster, PJoker
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (4) Tyranitar, ton, Vinyl, Badwolf

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch! Deadline: 7/30 3:30pm CT.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You tell us to look for intent behind people's actions, yet apparantly what you meant was that we should look for intent from everybody but you. Some of my arguements could be reaching a bit, but overall I think the theory behind my case is solid. Your actions this game have consistently left back doors, and kept us in the dark, despite you being an IC.

When BSP was L-2 in particular, all you did was state that he was L-2. You didn't explain why this was bad, or make any attempt to save him before he had a chance to defend himself. Again, you're supposed to be an IC.

The ICs shouldn't be holding our hands and walking us through the entire game, I agree with this sentiment. What they should be doing, is not necessarily take a whole lot of action in-game. When they do take action, they explain, in detail, why they're doing it, and what other courses of action might also exist. Little action, detailed reasoning. This way, the noobies can understand what kinds of consequences their actions can have.

You have done the opposite. You take a lot of action, and give us no reasoning. As a result, a newer player, that you yourself have deemed "noob town", was nearly auto-lynched on the first day of play. You are not a new player, so you understand why this is bad. Yet you sat back and basically watched it happen. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to question your slot as a result of this.

#HBC | ѕoup

You tell us to look for intent behind people's actions, yet apparantly what you meant was that we should look for intent from everybody but you. Some of my arguements could be reaching a bit, but overall I think the theory behind my case is solid. Your actions this game have consistently left back doors, and kept us in the dark, despite you being an IC
I didn't put you down for looking at me, I told you were wrong and accepted the fact that you were, I appreciate you delving into it. You admit their reaching, and you still believe your case is solid, but what about my points made? Did you completely ignore them? Did they not matter at all? Show examples where I did this, don't use statements that you can't back up in the end, I have not created back-doors anywhere and leaving you in the dark is by choice and preference, once again, I am not inclined to spoonfeed you or tell you absolutely everything, you will not encounter a game where players are willing to tell you everything, you have to work on your own about things.

When BSP was L-2 in particular, all you did was state that he was L-2. You didn't explain why this was bad, or make any attempt to save him before he had a chance to defend himself. Again, you're supposed to be an IC.
What? I claimed he was at L-2 for a reason, and that talk about me not giving him a chance to defend himself is absolute crap, I did not tell you to join my wagon, all I did was leave a rhetorical question and a vote for the sake to see if anyone was on the same page as me, and to garner reads from it. Again, I may be an IC, but that doesn't mean that I'm not a player either.

The ICs shouldn't be holding our hands and walking us through the entire game, I agree with this sentiment. What they should be doing, is not necessarily take a whole lot of action in-game. When they do take action, they explain, in detail, why they're doing it, and what other courses of action might also exist. Little action, detailed reasoning. This way, the noobies can understand what kinds of consequences their actions can have.
No, I am not inclined to spoonfeed you with everything, you do not need to treat me special, I am a player and if you are reading me on the predicament that I'm not playing the pitch-perfect IC in your head, then i'm sorry because all players play differently.

You have done the opposite. You take a lot of action, and give us no reasoning. As a result, a newer player, that you yourself have deemed "noob town", was nearly auto-lynched on the first day of play. You are not a new player, so you understand why this is bad. Yet you sat back and basically watched it happen. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to question your slot as a result of this.
He wasn't. He did not get lynched. I did not lynch him, and I explained my reasoning as to why I unvoted, you have to realize that not everything in mafia is going to be straight-forward and you're gonna know everything, some players intentionally play like this and all have their own playstyles, marshy or Ryker is a huge example, you could never squander reasoning out of them even if you rang them by the neck, and they're regarded as top players here. It's alright to look at the content, it's alright to go further and crave explanation, but it's not alright to assume that every player is going to be willing and that they will change just for you, and if you do, that would garner a tell. What is my tells to you? Why does this explictly make me scum just because I happen to be an IC and I should be playing to your standard? What is the specific tell and tell me why it's so more important than any other player here.

#HBC | ѕoup

A further point about the watching it happen, because I feel it needs to be explained a bit more:

I did watch it happen, and I did let it form, I did not predict that players were going to sheep me and get him to L-2 within hours, but I did something out of it. More or less, that was my plan, to get a reaction from someone. Sometimes, players do things that don't all make sense, or they do things that might not have a full reasoning behind them. I voted BSP, and I wanted to see the reaction of it from everyone, I even stated a rhetorical question to make up what I wanted. I cannot tell you what my read would be on them had it not been voted, but I can tell you what my read would be had BSP not responded to my vote, it would have been bad. Now, I know you're thinking "How is this any different from Toastin, who you voted earlier?" Context. Think of it this way, all players play differently, all players have their own tells and some apply to others, and some don't, this is something we call Meta. Meta is basically a tell that a player might repeat, which forms a Meta. Some players are distinctly obvious towards it, some hide it very well. Now, it's not explict to BSP or Toastin here, but I want you to consider how differently they acted, and how you interpreted it. BSP reacted in a very confused manner, he wasn't sure about his surroundings and literally asked "Who should I be voting?" I took that as a scum-tell a bit and interpreted that BSP might have been just looking for a wagon to jump on, but then BSP posed a statement "I don't get the purpose of D1." It was consistent and it explained why he asked that in the first place, his context of how he was acting (confused, unsure) and how he responded was genuine. Scum can fake genuiness, but BSP is not at that level yet, and that is why I pinned him Noobtown, and he even followed me up and proved me wrong by giving content, and giving effort. Toastin acted completely differently, he was not genuine in his actions, and he did not follow through, he literally tried to excuse his own play and wishy-washy stances, he was afraid to anything, unlike BSP. I can go further about this, but I explained most of it in my other wall I made, I just wanted to make this more clear.

I also want you to realize that even IC's can make mistakes, I have a solid scum-read on Toastin but I cannot always anticipate everything, I realize if he flips town people would expect me and say "I thought you were sure of yourself yadda yadda" That's fair, but once again, the context of it matters.

1) Understand Context.
2) Understand Meta (BUT DO NOT RELY ON IT!!!! Meta is a scent, not a tell. Do not have a whole case around meta or you will be burned by more experienced players who are aware of them)
3) Everyone makes mistakes, learn to accept your mistakes
4) Walls are a pain in the *** to read.

#HBC | ѕoup

No, I am not going to excuse my mistake if i'm wrong on toastin, I am going to move on from it, but I felt the point was necessary. I'm not scared of being wrong, I've learned to understand my faults and realize that I am not a perfect player, once you understand that and are willing to do that, you will improve significantly. There is one thing to be completely confident but another to just ignore what people are saying around you, pursue your reads but always keep an open mind on what people are saying, I know this is a lot of information to take in but mafia is a tough game to get into, it takes awhile to get fully adjusted and even then there will always be things to improve.

BSP

Smash Legend
Vote Count 1-5

Ori_Bro (0)
BadWolf28738 (0)
PrivateJoker-Brown (0) Badwolf
ToasterBrains (2) benjy, Soup
Tyranitarphantom (1) Sold2
BSP (0)
tonberry (0)
mightbebenjamin (1) Ori
Vinyl. (1) BSP
Soup (2) Toaster, PJoker
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (4) Tyranitar, ton, Vinyl, Badwolf

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch! Deadline: 7/30 3:30pm CT.
Unvote Vinyl

Top Bottom