• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

BSP

Smash Legend
Ori_Bro, I suggest you read the thread. We're moving pretty slow atm, so you won't miss anything important.

And again, does anyone else feel that Toaster is scummy enough to lynch on day 1?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Ori_Bro, I suggest you read the thread. We're moving pretty slow atm, so you won't miss anything important.

And again, does anyone else feel that Toaster is scummy enough to lynch on day 1?
Still have to do my reread... I went to sleep doing it last night and I haven't had the time today... I'll put something up about everyone later tonight.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I agree with you about ToasterBrains btw. He's been on my scum list from the start, and I completely recognize the difference between what happened with him, and what happened with BSP. I don't think Toaster flipping town would incriminate anyone. Everyone thinks he looks scummy, and it's obvious why. The fact that he just seems stupid, seems to make everyone think they should give him a second chance. Personally, I'm not afraid of leaving him alive an extra day if that's what everyone thinks is fair. He will, undoubtably, continue proving to us that he is scum. He's not dangerous, and he'll never make it to lylo.

Don't get me wrong, I'll lynch him toDay if everyone wants to get on board, but the general attitude seems to be that since we have more time to get reads, we should look for other, more dangerous targets. I had my reasons for questioning you, which I've stated above.

So I pursued my next top read. I'm not sorry for it, and I know you don't think my intentions were entirely misguided. You've been a mystery to everyone, and now you're significantly less so. You've given me adequate reasoning to question my read on you for now. As a result

Unvote

I think Tonberry should be looked at next. I also can't stress it enough how much I'd like to see Benjy join us in playing this game called Mafia.

tonberry

Smash Rookie
Sorry this has taken me so long, you guys.
D1 is where I get all my reads. I'd like it to last a little longer please.
Fair enough. I also like to milk days for all they're worth (which has also gotten me into trouble, tehe)
re: re: 170 I...think I understand? At any rate, thanks for responding to my points.
re: 388 Because I have no excuse for what I did other than being completely derp at time of post. All I can do now is try to scumhunt properly.

Ttar gave me weird gut feelings, hopefully I can quantify them. Early game...he's just barely there. Giving the illusion of being helpful without doing much.
#198 has non-stance stance on Toaster and everybody and their grandmother had me as scum at that point, but...not much else.
#369 again only discusses players who have been main points of discussion this game day.
Oh look I did it. Lean scum read.

BSP I no longer think is mafia.
#138 interests me; I've said things somewhat like this as town before.
I will note that Soup hasn't bandwagoned on anyone. He's mostly been the one that's starting everything.
Typically, scum don't start wagons as it puts them in the spotlight unnecessarily. But as I've never played with ICs I don't know what would be legitimate strategies for them as either alignment.
I love #336. And #388.
So now I have BSP as a town read.

Vinyl
I like him. He's direct and, especially lately, productive.
Lean town.

I really can't make heads or tails of either Joker or Soup anymore, and I feel like Day Phase is just going to be a bad time to figure out these two, else I'll just get more behind *blush*

Town
BSP
Vinyl
Wolf (based on his responses to me I've got an iota of town on him again.)

???/Null
Joker (although I still think he's putting himself out there a good bit, the case on him is interesting and I'll be meditating on this come nightfall.)
loli/Ori_bro (welcome!)
benjy (hasn't posted enough for a read)
Sold (also hasn't posted enough for a read)
Soup

Scum
Ttar
Toast

[vote] Toast
Ttar is pretty scummy too, but Toast is at least as scummy AND a more informative lynch.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Why do people keep posting wall. It's such a pain in the ***.

You people need to more goddamn TL;DRs, lol. Otherwise, I don't think I'll bother reading them.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The scum night kills whoever. But I probably expect that they kill townies that are gaining a lot of suspicion towards the scum player.

tonberry

Smash Rookie
Tonberry, do have a case on, not toast, but Ttar?
Yes.

Ttar gave me weird gut feelings, hopefully I can quantify them. Early game...he's just barely there. Giving the illusion of being helpful without doing much.
#198 has non-stance stance on Toaster and everybody and their grandmother had me as scum at that point, but...not much else.
#369 again only discusses players who have been main points of discussion this game day.
Oh look I did it. Lean scum read.
Sorry, I'm not big on walls myself, but I let myself get really behind which I shouldn't do.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
They may also target suspected power roles. This is unlikely for tonight due to the closed setup. Tomorrow, they may be able to tell if we have a doctor (in the event that their nightkill fails), a vigilante (highly unlikely for a setup this small), a roleblocker (in the case that mafia has a power role that fails), or.. I guess a cop (which is an extremely common role, but I can't think of any way the mafia could know if it existed.)

They might also not target people who are onto them to trick us. For example, if they targetted Badwolf, they could be trying to frame me because Badwolf is the only person to really come after me. If I were lynched as a result of that, they would essentially have taken out 2 townies.

Nightkill data is extremely difficult to make heads or tails of. It's concrete data, but it's not always reliable for finding scum.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Gee, I don't know, ton. All I see are thoughts, which is neutrally standard. Nulls, as I recall, actually.

Now, here's my second thought about this. Let's say......

You saw this:

I still really want to hear more from Tonberry. Nothing has been said to dissuade my suspicions on him
And you started to falsely suspect him.

Could this be what you're trying to do?

BSP

Smash Legend
The scum night kills whoever. But I probably expect that they kill townies that are gaining a lot of suspicion towards the scum player.
I would expect this too, but do you think they may kill the quiet people instead?

I think I mentioned this in a post, but I would think that killing the quiet townspeople would slowly screw the town as well. If someone dies before we learn what they're thinking or before they can contribute anything, we aren't really helped the next day.

Nightkill data is extremely difficult to make heads or tails of. It's concrete data, but it's not always reliable for finding scum.
:urg:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I would expect this too, but do you think they may kill the quiet people instead?

I think I mentioned this in a post, but I would think that killing the quiet townspeople would slowly screw the town as well. If someone dies before we learn what they're thinking or before they can contribute anything, we aren't really helped the next day.:
As I said, the scum players can kill whoever.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, you did, so I guess we should be trying to actively lynch suspicious people then, or else we'll be going nowhere fast.

tonberry

Smash Rookie
Like I said, pretty much everyone was suspicious of me. I singled Ttar out because he hasn't contributed anything new, or definitive stances.

Also, why are we speculating on nightkills that haven't happened yet?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Nobody's worried about anything. Scum doesn't have a goddamn clue who has a special role, so they do not have any ideas until one of the townies claims their special role.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
And if they did kill Badwolf in the hopes of framing me, I think they'd be pretty stupid, since I just explained why it's not relevant. Everything in Mafia is tricky business. We won't have a better grasp on how players think when in specific roles until we've gotten more experience.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Like I said, pretty much everyone was suspicious of me. I singled Ttar out because he hasn't contributed anything new, or definitive stances.
@all: how many of you were suspicious of tonberry before and now?

You singled out Ttar because he only gave out thoughts. When It comes to my thoughts, that pretty much a null read.
Hell, even sold2 is null since he's done the same as Ttar as they're both being inactive.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Guys, you need to get this game going faster. Jeez, c'mon already. Answer my question in bold.

Mod: Request Prod on all inactives.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I've had a mild suspicion of Tonberry since he first posted. So far, he hasn't done anything particularly townie, but he's definately earned a scum point or 2.

Ttar is definitely not the only inactive person. Sold2 and Benjy have been equally quiet, and Loli only just barely started making her presenxe known before she replaced out, meaning that Ori is gonna be quiet for awhile until he catches up.

BSP

Smash Legend
I kept this noted for myself ealier.

BSP said:
Tonberry – suspicious from day 1 and has yet to defend himself. Basically in the same place as toaster, but hasn’t received as much attention.
Technically, Tonberry started this game in the same exact way Toaster did, but Toaster has been grilled a lot more since he's been here. So we kinda put him on the back seat.

So let's see if that note still applies:

First Post

He comments on Joker, but the most important thing is that he votes me for no clear reason. A possible sheep.

Second Post

Backs out, just like Toaster did. He says it's because I was at L-2. What was his reasoning for voting me in the first place?

In this post, he says he voted for me because of the "Who do I vote" post.

And then his posts are up to the current time.

He has posted some of his potential reads, but I think any questions that applied to Toaster could still apply to Tonberry right now.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Ok so after the reread.
1. LoliLovesRain(Ori Bro)- Null, I expect some new stuff to come out of this slot now that Loli has replaced out.
2. BadWolf28738- This man is God's gift to all town, he is what scum has nightMARES about.
3. PrivateJoker-Brown- Null, he has posts that make me want to bash my head into a wall next to posts that make me want to kiss him. I have no idea what's going on in his head.
4. ToasterBrains- He's scum. I really don't like any thing that he has done during the game. I was too busy pursuing Joker to see it tho.
5. Tyranitarphantom- Null-town, Post more but you have decent posts when you do.
6. BSP- Eh, null-town. Unlucky at the beginning but pulled out of it quite nicely.
7. tonberry- Post more. Get reads out there.
8. mightbebenjamin- Well null duh. @mod request prod
9. Vinyl.- Town but I still am wary of him, he pushed rather hard on Soup.
10. Soup- He's towny to me I don't know why he's getting so much heat right now.
11. Sold2- Null. Post more.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
And this only means that he's joining in on the toast for no reason now? An he didn't have case against toast?

Alright.

Vote: Tonberry

The wagon has officially started, join in guys. And NO hesitation on voting him.
Either you guys like it or not, we have to end this day with a lynch, not a no lunch, or else, scum will have a free kill.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Considering that you've played kinda in the backseat this entire game--
Wtf, kind of in the backseat? The hell?

Soup's been the hardest case you've pushed and actually got anywhere on
I wouldn't call it hard, I'd call it a simple case and a suspicion.

If I was pushing towards soup, you would see me vote up him in my post about my case on soup.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Request deadline? You mean for the day to end in "no lynch"? Pretty sure the mod has posted it every time he gives a vote count, which is 7/30/12. That's Monday. We have time.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Benjy's pretty much completely inactive; sold had more content. Withholding judgement on Oro for now.

I did post a case on Toast, actually.
Hrm, alright. I was asking BSP, but since you gave out a case on toast. Nevermind that them.

Still though, that doesn't mean that you would call Ttar scummy for thoughts only.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Wtf, kind of in the backseat? The hell?
I've seen you play other games and you aren't putting as much out as you can.

I wouldn't call it hard, I'd call it a simple case and a suspicion.

If I was pushing towards soup, you would see me vote up him in my post about my case on soup.
Ok, I still don't like the push nonetheless.

Top Bottom