• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Btw, loli, you're still aren't off the hook.

Tonberry, sold2, benji, and tyran are being the same as you though.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So wait, you mean you weren't here when I saw you were?

Dude, I expected you to post around the time I asked you, but I think you must've ignored the question?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Loli has already stated that she leaves the browser open on the thread 24/7, so take that as you will. I do agree that she needs to get active though. I've also seen Badwolf popping in and out, so I'm curious what he has to say about all this.
The reason I've been popping in and out is because of my phone... It has this as a perma tab right now and when I open chrome on it, I'm here.

Alright then. :p

So Badwolf, what about you?
I don't even understand the question. Please verify what your question was.

So guys. I question Badwolf and he also disappeared.

What do you think of that?
Phone it be.

Wait, wtf?

There's yellow scum in this game too?
It's a closed set up... We have no idea.

Well now you do, lol.

Unvote

Loli was busy, hasn't posted much, gave out why she wasn't responding, onto another then.

Vote: Badwolf

He was here, and I told asked him a question, and left afterwards.
Jumpy a little? Jeez I told you I would be gone for a while today. Take it on good faith that I will answer your questions.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Alright, now that I've caught up, Toaster made tons of excuses to pass off his behavior. Sure, some of it could be passed off as inexperience, but he's made way too much use of that excuse, so I'm not really buying it. The fact that, when under high pressure, he bailed, which is a really scummy move, in my opinion. I'm not gonna vote for him yet, though.

I still really want to hear more from Tonberry. Nothing has been said to dissuade my suspicions on him

(Also loli, that Lyra looks like it's going to be most excellent!)

tonberry

Smash Rookie
post incoming. I'll tell you now that I'm using a different approach than most, it makes it easier on me.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Honestly, I can't get a clear read on Joker. He's awfully aggressive for someone who has never played before. He certainly seems to be out for scum, but that could just be a ruse. If he is indeed town, then he's very valuable, but if he's not... well, we'll see once Day 2 rolls around.

Tonberry, anytime you're ready

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Honestly, I can't get a clear read on Joker. He's awfully aggressive for someone who has never played before. He certainly seems to be out for scum, but that could just be a ruse. If he is indeed town, then he's very valuable, but if he's not... well, we'll see once Day 2 rolls around.

Tonberry, anytime you're ready
Would you be willing to vote him? I'd like to think that I have a decent case against him.

tonberry

Smash Rookie
okay first off, sorry it took me so long to get back here. Second, I'm not confident in my ability to find anything that's been skipped over by everyone else (mostly because I've been gone so long). Third, I had no idea how to invisible until someone else told me (for the record, I absolutely hate playing visible because I'm often either AFK or taking my time with a post).

loli, benjy are null until they post more which they seem to be doing as I make this giant post so yay!

BadWolf- my first impression from skim was lean-town.
I kinda feel, though, that #88 was echoing soup with more gusto- to look better in case of BSP town flip perhaps?
Soup as you are the one who's asking the question I would actually not mind seeing your vote move off of him even if it was to myself.
Did you think Soup was scummy at this point?
but he acts as if he knows something more. He's really making me annoyed with the whole acting portion of his posts. He needs to share his info or not even say anything about it.
As this game did not have a night start, if Joker knows more than the rest of us, that would make him mafia. If this is the case, he sure as hell isn't going to share (unless he's as stupid as I am lolol), and telling him to not say anything about it is horrible advice from a town perspective.

These particular points in #120 just aren't that great:
Why would you be upset to find scum? That's kinda the point of this game isn't it?
He explained what he meant.

One suspicious thing doesn't equal scum.
And he said pretty much what you are saying here.

re: #149
Particularly in the early game, if you're able to pick up links between people it may be okay to lynch town. Not ideal, but like Joker says not gamebreaking. Later in the game though not so much lol.
re: #170 Except you haven't addressed soup by this point, and your vote and questions are on Joker. wut.

Ton
You have suspicions as well, people are grouping you with Toaster right now. Do you think that he could be scum? Yes.
Are you willing to lynch him? Yes, but I need to finish reading everybody else.
If/when the lynch is decided and he flips town, how would that affect your reads?
What if he flips scum?
Those above questions will be answered as soon as I finish, which I'll do as soon as possible.
Answers in pink.
Wolf has gone from my initial lean-town to null. His questions are decent, but his cases have generally been weak.

Toast- Not a fan of the play from this slot.
I still really, really, REALLY hate #58 and #60.
Although something seems fishy about this, as if BSP is just trying to draw negative attention for a reason... Hell, why not take the "bait".

Unvote
Vote BSP
Why would he want to attract attention? And why on earth would you give it to him?

Noted, though, that his post #90 was the first to question soup's place on BSP wagon.

I don't like #209 though. Opens a door for WIFOM.

The only person as of right now that I see worthy of pressuring is you, and that's pretty impractical in it's own regard because you're doing almost all the pressuring, let alone most of the posting.
Why is pressuring an active player impractical? He's giving us more to pick apart.

Yes, I know, you're pressuring people. I know that. You've said it enough to let everyone know that.
Reaction testing/pressure voting, when done properly, is null at worst.

Not to mention that me and ton seem to be the only ones who are/have been mentally absent in the course of the game so far, and we're the most suspicious, so of course, I'll have the same suspicions on him.
If I hadn't been so stupid-scummy last night I'd take this as a veiled OMGUS.

I don't like the reads offered in #232. Even if a player who is consistently active and asking questions is mafia, you can learn from their statements. Additionally, re: Benjy inactivity doesn't mean scum. It just means inactivity. And a common scum tactic is to go after inactives HMM.
#248 is a biiiiiig stretch.
re: #262 Yeah I really don't see how he got defensive...
#270 is also p.bad, I also really don't like the recycled "it's my first time" thing. I didn't use it in my first game and I sure as hell wouldn't use it here.

re: #315 Do you think so, or know so? If the latter, that changes basically everything in my view o.o
Toast is still scummy but pending response to above question.

I know this isn't even close to everyone (I wanted to reread toast and one other person, so I went down the list) but I need to update a game I'm hosting on another site, and do some work.

oh, and I gave the heads-up because I've gotten flack for reading people individually but it just works better for me.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
BadWolf- my first impression from skim was lean-town.
I kinda feel, though, that #88 was echoing soup with more gusto- to look better in case of BSP town flip perhaps?
Yeah, no, I was echoing Soup but I wasn't sheeping him. I didn't want a quick lynch which some of you opened up. It's dangerous to have someone at L-2 at such an early time. Especially when it's 1 an inactive and 2 only like 12 hours into the game. D1 is where I get all my reads. I'd like it to last a little longer please.

Did you think Soup was scummy at this point?
Actually I'm going against the current and having a null-town on Soup. I like that people are pursuing their reads, but I think that they are being misguided.

As this game did not have a night start, if Joker knows more than the rest of us, that would make him mafia. If this is the case, he sure as hell isn't going to share (unless he's as stupid as I am lolol), and telling him to not say anything about it is horrible advice from a town perspective.
1. Don't down on yourself. I'm not being upbeat it's just that if you do that I feel as if you aren't to be listened to.
2. Joker has "ideas" that he never shares. This isn't necessarily scummy but it is rather anti-town.
3. I don't like Joker because he acts as if he knows more than us. Especially since he "knew" what Soup was doing with the BSP vote. He is acting as if whenever anyone asks him for info it's spoiling some plan or another.

He explained what he meant.
I still feel as if the sooner we win the better right?

re: #149
Particularly in the early game, if you're able to pick up links between people it may be okay to lynch town. Not ideal, but like Joker says not gamebreaking. Later in the game though not so much lol.
I would rather limit the town deaths as much as possible. Refer to my last statement.

re: #170 Except you haven't addressed soup by this point, and your vote and questions are on Joker. wut.
I was dealing with the fact that his vote was on BSP after Soup's. I didn't care where the votes were rather the time in which they were placed.

Answers in pink.
Wolf has gone from my initial lean-town to null. His questions are decent, but his cases have generally been weak.
Ok... So since I haven't had good cases that puts me as a null? Color me confused.

I would

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
3. I don't like Joker because he acts as if he knows more than us. Especially since he "knew" what Soup was doing with the BSP vote. He is acting as if whenever anyone asks him for info it's spoiling some plan or another.
really? I do this this whenever anyone asks me for info? Or did I do it ONE time when YOU asked me for info. Please get your facts straight. And the information that you claim I'm "hiding"? I've given all that out. I have a full list of reads posted for everyone to see. I have nothing to hide.

Your case, sir, hasn't got a leg to stand on. You are more than a day behind everyone else.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
EBWOP: actually, I looked back and it wasn't Badwolf who asked me what soup was doing when I replied that I couldn't answer. In fact, when Badwolf was the one to ask me later, I told him.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I don't think putting my vote on Joker would accomplish anything. I can't make heads or tails of him. He seems to know an awful lot, but that's not necessarily a scum-tell.

If he is scum, he'll slip up at some point

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
really? I do this this whenever anyone asks me for info? Or did I do it ONE time when YOU asked me for info. Please get your facts straight. And the information that you claim I'm "hiding"? I've given all that out. I have a full list of reads posted for everyone to see. I have nothing to hide.

Your case, sir, hasn't got a leg to stand on. You are more than a day behind everyone else.
Soup doesn't really have it out for BSP, I know what he's doing.
I was voting you to pressure you into defending yourself. I can't speak for everyone else but I have some ideas.
You're withholding information. You say that you have ideas in 2 different accounts and yet you don't out them. I have two big quandaries about this.

1. Why even mention it if you aren't going to say anything other than "I have some ideas"? You are actually stating that you are withholding info. What is the point?

2. Info is how town wins. You can't get people on your "side" if you don't have/give them info. How were you planning on any type of decent wagon while not telling anyone why you're voting the way you are?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
wtf are you talking about? that information is not withheld, it is information that is out there.
I didn't want to reveal what soup was doing, because what he was doing was really smart, and outing his plan would ruin it, but if you insist. Soup started a wagon on a really easy target, so he could watch as Scum players jumped on the easy lynch. Since that wagon is over, I guess it's not a big deal to talk about it, because he's learned all that he can.
Like I said already, I didn't wanna just say "Hey, all you ****head scum who might fall for this and jump on the wagon, don't do it!" That would have been anti-town. I was waiting to see who else might jump on the wagon. When the wagon was over, I told you.

Oh, and for the people who have been asking me to share more of my reads. I think Toaster is my strongest scum read at this point.

He immediately jumped on the BSP wagon when it became clear that it was an actual wagon as opposed to just a random day1 vote. His excuse for why he did it in his #79 post was really flimsy. BSP was being fishy and trying to draw negative attention to himself to bait people into voting for him, but I'm gonna vote for him anyway? I felt like it was blatant sheeping. This was further solidified for me when I took my vote off of BSP, and he immediately did the same.

I also agreed with Tonberry's assessment that his nonchalant response to me putting the 2nd vote on him was really fake.

Also, his #90 post, where he thought soup might have been talking about him as one of the people who voted BSP that everyone needed to keep an eye on. I felt like it was a really knee jerk attempt at defending himself, but not having a leg to stand on. When soup questioned him about it, he just shrugged it off because soup's #101 hinted that I was the one who needed a closer look, and made no mention of toaster.

He's been lurking almost the entire game, made enough posts to keep himself on the radar without drawing too much attention to himself, and has posted no real content.
These were my ideas, in their entirety. Already posted, like I said. The bolded part more specifically refers to what I was talking about at the time.

I hope this finally clears that up for you. I already cleared these things up, and everyone else gets it because they read the thread, but since you need it spelled out for you in watercolors, there it is.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
wtf are you talking about? that information is not withheld, it is information that is out there.

Like I said already, I didn't wanna just say "Hey, all you ****head scum who might fall for this and jump on the wagon, don't do it!" That would have been anti-town. I was waiting to see who else might jump on the wagon. When the wagon was over, I told you.

These were my ideas, in their entirety. Already posted, like I said. The bolded part more specifically refers to what I was talking about at the time.

I hope this finally clears that up for you. I already cleared these things up, and everyone else gets it because they read the thread, but since you need it spelled out for you in watercolors, there it is.
Ah the hostility it burns....

Dude. You never really answered it until I had to throw the freaking posts in your face. Considering that the fact that you don't out your info is only a small part in my upcoming case against you, I wouldn't be worried about it right now. G'night I will present the hammer-case tomorrow sometime.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I did answer you. Those quotes? Those are my posts, answering you. They are from forever ago. Me clarifying those pieces of information, is not a new development.

Axel

J|Zεη
Vote Count 1-4

LoliLovesRain (0)
BadWolf28738 (1) Vinyl
PrivateJoker-Brown (1) Badwolf
ToasterBrains (2) benjy, Soup
Tyranitarphantom (1) Sold2
BSP (0)
tonberry (0)
mightbebenjamin (1) LoliLovesRain
Vinyl. (1) BSP
Soup (1) Toaster
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (3) Tyranitar, ton, PJoker

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch! Deadline: 7/30 3:30pm CT.

BSP

Smash Legend
Tonberry,

I'm surprised you made that post, but you didn't really say anything about defending yourself. Technically, you did the exact same thing Toaster did, but you haven't been on as much, or said as much either. What is your response to people thinking you're scum from the early sheeping incident?

Badwolf

What do you think about others besides Joker at this point? Do you have anything to say about what I said against vinyl (started at 282. Apparently, I misused the term "hammer". I should have been saying "pressure" each time I said "hammer")

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Whyyy would you just leave. Don't take anything personal said in mafia, another IC tip. I don't have any grudges towards you but i'm letting you know how I feel about your post, from a game-perspective.
I didn't. My parents have been badgering me for a good half-hour to get off.
My yard looks nice now, thank you.

Rereading the stuff I missed.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Pardon my inactivity. No johns this is my fault and I'm a horrible person. Real talk in a while.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Badwolf

What do you think about others besides Joker at this point? Do you have anything to say about what I said against vinyl (started at 282. Apparently, I misused the term "hammer". I should have been saying "pressure" each time I said "hammer")
Vinyl and Soup are both towny to me. I feel as if Vinyl has a decent case but directed at the wrong person. Toaster and Joker are the most scummy to me at this point and I intend to keep pursuing my target. I will have a massive post later tonight asking many questions. I haven't been looking too far into any other cases. I'm trying to keep on one point and not get distracted.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Well, enough horsing around, lets dive right in, shall we? Since this is my first game, and I know very little about you all, I figure I'll just cut to the core with my first question. Anyone can answer this if they feel up to it.

How well do you think you'll do this game? Are you confident you can convince everyone that you are town?
Bolded: This bothered me quite a lot. He said convince us that you are town. Not show that you are town CONVINCE us. Why do you need to convince us?

If Vinyl makes scum lose, then why would you want Vinyl out of the game? The answer is obvious, you are scum.

/vote Badwolf
Jumping like a frog....

The purpose is to gain reads off people's answer to the question. It's the begining of the game, and I thought I'd get people talking instead of just voting at random.

My vote on Badwolf is just to get my vote out there. He was the first person to give me any reason. I'm sure it'll move, unless of course Badwolf continues giving me reasons to keep it there.
Bold: RVS gets people talking that’s the point of it.

Underlined: What reasons had I given as of that point?

That is my mane objective for this game.
Heh... Manestream

If it was an RVS vote, then why give a reason at all?
Considering that you gave a reason for your first vote, why are you questioning my motives anyway?

How can we know anything unless we vote to lynch?

Why discourage early game voting? This is information we can use later.
Bolded: Voting to lynch is dangerous in early game. It allows the scum to swoop in and quicklynch.

Underlined: We’re not discouraging early game voting we are discouraging early game lynches.

If your vote is RVS, then why keep it there? There's other people currently viewing the thread that you could poke at.
I really don’t think you get the point of RVS that well. The entire thing is to get people talking. By taking the votes off the people it doesn’t allow for conversations on that vote.

How can there possibly be any pressure when you've explicitly stated that the vote has no meaning, and is purely RVS?
Again, a vote still has weight behind it whether or not it is a RVS vote.

I suppose it's your vote to do with as you please. What prompted you to pressure Vinyl?
Vinyl is an experienced player, he has played this for a while now and I know that he’s good. I want to be able to get better reads on him.

I feel like I've gotten what I wanted out of Badwolf. But Toasterbrains has been lurking a lot without posting much. Any particular reason you decided to choose me for your first vote, toaster? Why so quiet?

/unvote Badwolf

/vote Toasterbrains
You seem really interested with lurking. Is lurking a serious tell to you or are you just grasping at anything that looks scummy?

You shouldn't :awesome:
So lurking is scummy but posting fluff isn’t? Color me confused.

Toaster's vote is on me, not Vinyl. Still curious about the thought process behind that vote.

Ttar is the one who voted for Vinyl

And what I was getting from you, was that I got you to talk to me for a little while. I learned how much pressure it takes to get a reaction from you, and how you react to the pressure.
Was it a good or bad way? You’ve never really stated what reads you have on me. Are you angry about the fact that I’m going after you? Do you have a scum read on me because of this?

^ I was just about to bring that up.

BSP, hasn't the conversation up to this point given you anything to go on? What's your opinion of the exchange between Badwolf and myself? Do you think Badwolf might be town? What about me?
Why are you asking him about the exchange? Would you have gotten reads off of it?

You're trying to get his head in the game, cuz based on his post asking other people to make his decisions for him, it clearly is not. Hopefully having to defend himself will get him thinking.

I have to say I agree with that sentiment, and since I legitimately think Toaster was just RVSing and pressuring him isn't going anywhere, I'll join you on that.

Unvote

Vote BSP
You said that you were going to vote BSP, but I was wondering. Did Soup’s first vote have any sway on how you were going to pursue him?

Yes, this is my first game. Not just on this site either. I've never played this on any other site, or offline.
Are you counting on other people at all? Would you lean more on a read if an IC had it or another more experienced player?

I actually don't want BSP lynched yet. He hasn't been around to answer to the pressure being put on him. Since he's this close, i'm gonna

unvote before he gets potentially hammered by scum trying to get an early town lynch.
Did you know that he was at L-2 when the last guy had voted him? Would you have moved your vote if not for Soup or I’s comments?

Soup doesn't really have it out for BSP, I know what he's doing.
When you thought you knew what he was doing, does it do anything to your reads on him that you had over thought his plan?

You asked everyone who you should vote for. You don't see how that's suspicious at all?
Do you think he was outright sheeping? Or was he being a newb?

People don't think outloud through their hands. He said "Guys, who should I vote for?"

I'm not saying this makes him auto-scum, but come on. You can't possibly not see how that's suspicious.
How’s your read on him now?

How was I on a popular wagon? I was the the only person to vote for you, then I dumped a 2nd vote on Toaster because he wasn't reacting to the vote that was on him. Then I was the 2nd person to vote BSP (somebody that I was planning to pressure all by myself, and it's a coincidence that soup got to him first).
Would you consider lynching someone else right now? Is Toaster on your list? Any other scum reads?

I should also note that I was the first person to jump off the BSP wagon to avoid him getting lynched, and the rest of the sheep followed suit when it became apparant that he would not be lynched.

I fail to see how my play is "dumb" as you continue to insist. My play is perhaps "overly aggressive" at worst, and I would appreciate it if you stopped with the backhanded comments.
1. Dumb/scum is not a backhanded comment.
2. Why so quick with the jumping off the wagon? You were the second person on it why were you the first one off?

People can't accidently tell you that they are scum if you don't put some pressure on them every once in awhile. Sometimes this means pressuring people who only might be scum, or are not scum at all. We can play the game without knowing anything, we just can't win. But if we want to know anything, we just have to keep playing the game. That means pressuring players. For awhile it was you.

Now it appears to be me in the hot seat, though there doesn't seem to be any votes on me.
Bolded: So you’re expecting people to crumble under pressure? WHy can’t they slip without pressure on them? How do you get your reads off of someone now?

Underlined: Will the NK toNight give you any info? If so explain why.

Facts come later, this is day1. The only facts you have to act on in mafia are lynching and nightkill patterns. That stuff obviously can't be analyzed until at least day2
Is NK patterns the only way you get reads? Or do you believe that it’s your best read method?

Oh, and for the people who have been asking me to share more of my reads. I think Toaster is my strongest scum read at this point.

He immediately jumped on the BSP wagon when it became clear that it was an actual wagon as opposed to just a random day1 vote. His excuse for why he did it in his #79 post was really flimsy. BSP was being fishy and trying to draw negative attention to himself to bait people into voting for him, but I'm gonna vote for him anyway? I felt like it was blatant sheeping. This was further solidified for me when I took my vote off of BSP, and he immediately did the same.

I also agreed with Tonberry's assessment that his nonchalant response to me putting the 2nd vote on him was really fake.

Also, his #90 post, where he thought soup might have been talking about him as one of the people who voted BSP that everyone needed to keep an eye on. I felt like it was a really knee jerk attempt at defending himself, but not having a leg to stand on. When soup questioned him about it, he just shrugged it off because soup's #101 hinted that I was the one who needed a closer look, and made no mention of toaster.

He's been lurking almost the entire game, made enough posts to keep himself on the radar without drawing too much attention to himself, and has posted no real content.
Bolded: If you jumped the wagon before him does that give any suspicion to you? Did you think that voting for BSP made it a possible wagon?

Underlined: How would drawing attention to yourself be scummy?

2nd Bolded: You keep going after the lurkers. Would you be willing to lynch one if we were reaching deadline?

Usually their side DOES get revealed, at least in the case of a lynch. Sometimes Night Kill alignments aren't revealed, but they are in a lot of games. If you lynch a townie, you learn that maybe you should go back and double check that person's reads since you know they were playing to help town, not mafia. You can also look at who voted to lynch the townie, and analyze when they jumped on the wagon or whether or not they even had a real reason to vote for them.

That actually brings up something I hadn't considered yet though. Are alignments revealed in this game, and to what extent? Since it's a noobie game I would assume they are, but since this is also a closed setup, I honestly don't know.
Bolded: If a lynch flips town would you look into the person who had pushed them the hardest? Why? Not all fights are TvS (town vs. scum).

I see you lurking, tonberry. Care to respond to these accusations?
Again you are really interested in lurkers.

Well I'm gonna do a full reread, sleep on it, then do another reread in the morning so I can get some more indepth reads on everyone. Right now all I've been doing is assuming everyone is town, while trying to find evidence that points to scum. I'll probably get some better town reads if I reread while assuming everyone is secretly mafia, and try to find evidence that points to town.
Bolded: Are you keeping your reads closed?

Here are my reads thus far, because I was way too impatient to sleep on it.

Tonberry
Right now I feel like the Tonberry wagon only has one piece of evidence pointing to him being scum, which is a lot less than ToasterBrains for me. I'm waiting for him to give his reads and whatnot tomorrow.
- Hoove of Suspicion, for now.

Badwolf
His early game smelled really suspicious to me (it still does, but it's easily explained away by the "herp derp RVS doesn't matter" mentality lots of players have). Ironically, the strongest townpoint he has is his case against me, which indicates that he's scumhunting. His case was extremely weak, but I guess it's fair to assume I'm the only person who thought so at the time. There were obviously questions raised that I needed to answer so that we'd all be on the same page.
- I'm inclined to lean town

Soup
Soup is on my radar for sure. I must have missed Vinyl's case on him the first time through (probably because I was busy defending myself from Badwolf). Not about to sleep on him just cuz he's the IC. His "hands off approach to being an IC" this game is a really convenient excuse to vote however he wants with no justification, and then challenge us to figure out why. When Vinyl called him on it, he still opted to not give reasons for his actions. Since I had previously stated that I thought I knew what his motives were, he knew he could just kick back and allow me to clear his name. If you look at his list of "reads", you'll notice that they are more or less identical to Badwolf's, right down to the fact that I was "a conundrum". Are they really that like minded? Or is Soup just letting us do all the work for him?
- Pretty scummy. I've got my eye on you

BSP
I'm not so sure about him. He plays way too dumb, then suddenly he seems to be a borderline mastermind. The fact that everyone keeps telling him that he's noobtown, and then he argues with them about it, doesn't clear it up for me. He thinks and talks in terms of WIFOM way too much for me to trust anything he says. (Wine In Front Of Me. This is a concept from the Princess Bride often used in Mafia. It refers to the infinite loop of thought that your enemy might put poison in your wine, but he might also know you'll suspect that, and instead put the poison in his own wine.)
- I'm only inclined to lean town by process of elimination. Otherwise he would be hella Null read

Vinyl
Vinyl appears to be hunting scum. I think we share a similar read on Soup at this point, and since he brought it up before anyone else, I know he's thinking for himself. I'd like to see more in the next few days so I can try to solidify this read more.
- Town lean

Toaster
I've already made my case on him, but it boils down to his obvious bandwagon votes on BSP, and his constant lurking while contributing nothing. His responses when pressured about leave much to be desired.
- Hella scummy

Sold2
Obv scum :troll: Nah he hasn't posted enough for me to know.
- By default, this makes him a null read, for now

Tyranitar
Flying way under the radar so far. Hasn't been totally inactive, but hasn't posted much of anything useful. Get some reads out there please!
- Null read

Benjy
- Refer to Tyranitar read

Loli
- Refer to Tyranitar read

Joker
I'm with you guys on this dude. I don't know WHAT to make of him. He is a mystery wrapped in a riddle.
- Swag read
So you don’t like lurking but this doesn’t have any tell to you?

Yes, I am purposely being active, and yes, it is in the hopes that people won't believe me to be scum. That's not a tell of alignment, because it's in Town's best interest to not appear scummy just as much as it is for the mafia. Obviously nobody is gonna listen to me if they think I'm scum, and getting myself lynched as a townie would be pretty anti-town.

I'm not that worried about people who lurk, but I'm aware of it when it happens, so I make note. Toaster in particular has just been lurking an awful lot, and yet when he posts, he just posts an awful lot of nothing. Whenever people ask him to defend himself, his answer always seems to be "I'm not in the state of mind to defend myself right now." It's nearly 24 hours into the game, is he ever gonna be in the right state of mind? Not sure who you mean by "one of them"? If you mean Toaster, then yes, I would certainly vote for him. Nobody else right now.

I don't know that Vinyl's case is airtight, but then nothing is certain in this game. I think it's as solid a case as you can have on anyone at this point in the game, and I agree that his behavior has been pretty suspicious. I'm curious to hear Soup's response to it, in particular.

I don't think you were wrong to go after me, but obviously from my point of view, your questions were pointless. I had legitimate answers for everything you thought was suspicious, but obviously nobody knew those answers but me. I appreciate you getting me to explain my behavior, since my innocence must not have been so obvious to anyone other than myself.

If you're referring to that little 3 point questionaire, I think I missed that because I was responding to BSP at the time, and lots of people were posting all at once at that particular moment.

What are my reads right now? Wtf, did you not see my giant #197 post, giving detailed reads on practically everyone in the game? Now who's skimming? :awesome:
Bolded: Do you feel the need to prove to us that you’re a towny?

Underlined: So why haven’t you voted him yet?

As I already stated in my #197 that nobody seems to have read, I think Soup is really suspicious. I find him slightly more scummy than Tonberry at this point.
You keep saying that you have suspicions but you never vote or act on them, why not?

Soup and Sold2 should definitely get looked at just as closely as any other player, regardless of their IC status. I imagine it's not uncommon for at least one IC to be on the scum team. The fact that they are the more experienced players is all the more reason to be afraid of letting them control the game, since they know how players think from both sides far better than we do.

I agree with this, but I don’t think that we need to look at them closer than the others. We are all very capable of being scum.

I think Toaster is scum, and have for awhile now as I have previously stated many times. He's my number one scum read, but my earlier looseness with my votes has put me under fire, so I held off on voting him. If it becomes a possibility, I'll happily lynch him. But I'm not about to give you or badwolf more ammunition to accuse me of sheeping later.
You really need to get a vote out. I won’t accuse you of sheeping if you have reasons of your own. Post a case when you vote.

BSP

Smash Legend
Vinyl is an experienced player, he has played this for a while now and I know that he’s good.
See Vinyl, this is what makes me suspicious of you, and I guess I could say Sold2 as well. You're both experienced, and know what you're doing, yet you've both been pretty quiet. What's with these passive approaches?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I thought you were suspicious because of this:

"For an experienced player, if you were town, I'd expect you to be scum hunting in general a lot more instead of jumping on the current weakest link"
And as you would know, I am scum hunting, as you saw from the past pages where you started questioning me.

Top Bottom