• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wow. You're really not just gonna answer that you're "not scum"? This is some hardcore flailing under minimal pressure. You are either the jumpiest townie of all time, or you are nervous scum overthinking how to answer a very simple question. I'm inclined to believe the latter.
I'm a town. :glare:

I feel a ****storm a-coming.

BSP

Smash Legend
Vinyl, you're an experienced player, yet I've seen a lot less scum hunting from you than many others.

You're also jumping on the weakest link right now.

Any reason for this?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Want to clarify my #275, I meant page 6.

Toastin said:
Calm yourself ._.
It's my first time playing. ._.

And no, it's because I had a feeling for a while (explained in that big post up there that you only even bothered to talk about the latter part of it with the "grammar"). Not because you started to just now fight back.

I'm standing my ground with this one. The reason I didn't vote for Mr. Joker is because I know I didn't have a solid stance against him
It really doesn't matter, I'm in this game too, you really need to be more clear about things instead of playing around with it, what are you so scared about? You comment on your scumniness a ton and have this sarcastic manner from you.

BSP

Smash Legend
Sorry, let me rephrase that

"For an experienced player, if you were town, I'd expect you to be scum hunting in general a lot more instead of jumping on the current weakest link"

#HBC | ѕoup

Wow. You're really not just gonna answer that you're "not scum"? This is some hardcore flailing under minimal pressure. You are either the jumpiest townie of all time, or you are nervous scum overthinking how to answer a very simple question. I'm inclined to believe the latter.
And yet no vote. People. Side-eyed comments don't help anything, when you accuse a person you either got reasoning behind it or you're pursuing a read, what's your read on Toastin in full right now Joker?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I think Toaster is scum, and have for awhile now as I have previously stated many times. He's my number one scum read, but my earlier looseness with my votes has put me under fire, so I held off on voting him. If it becomes a possibility, I'll happily lynch him. But I'm not about to give you or badwolf more ammunition to accuse me of sheeping later.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You use this excuse a lot. There are lots of people here who have never played before. The hope is that if you make mistakes, you will learn from them, but being a noob is not a shield, or an autopass to day2.
No, I was referring to the whole saying my posts make him want to vomit thing. I just had a "jeeze.." moment. Not that his points aren't valid. I'm not trying to use it as a shield ._.
I just didn't think I'd have vomit-worthy posts. Sorry ._.'

I'm just going to go ahead and call it a night. Gotta get up early for yardwork tomorrow anyway. See ya guys.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Vinyl, you're an experienced player, yet I've seen a lot less scum hunting from you than many others.

Any reason for this?
Not really playing how I used to last time. Kinda feeling bummed out, but I'm trying my best.
Give out your reasons for voting me, man.

BSP

Smash Legend

Any reason for this?
Sorry, let me rephrase that

"For an experienced player, if you were town, I'd expect you to be scum hunting in general a lot more instead of jumping on the current weakest link"
Right there

#HBC | ѕoup

No, I was referring to the whole saying my posts make him want to vomit thing. I just had a "jeeze.." moment. Not that his points aren't valid. I'm not trying to use it as a shield ._.
I just didn't think I'd have vomit-worthy posts. Sorry ._.'

I'm just going to go ahead and call it a night. Gotta get up early for yardwork tomorrow anyway. See ya guys.
Whyyy would you just leave. Don't take anything personal said in mafia, another IC tip. I don't have any grudges towards you but i'm letting you know how I feel about your post, from a game-perspective.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
to be fair, saying that his play makes you want to vomit does sound kinda personal.

I certainly don't think now is the best time for him to leave though. He's clearly just looking to get away from the pressure he's under.

BSP

Smash Legend
Toaster, are you town?
Really now? So you're saying that you're scum?
So, infact, you don't want to answer the question at all, because you think it's a trick question and proves nothing.

People, do you agree with what's he saying?
Because Toaster is easily the person under the most stress right now, and you were relatively quiet before Soup just started bombarding him, then you just kinda joined with him on the hammering.

BSP

Smash Legend
I should add that I imagine that Town will lose if they sit on their heels, because the scum will still kill someone each night.

And as I said before, you're experienced, so I believe that you know that this will happen too.

Maybe you are taking a different approach, but it does seem a little suspicious.

@Soup - I can see what you're saying, but maybe the vomit thing was a little rough.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Because Toaster is easily the person under the most stress right now, and you were relatively quiet before Soup just started bombarding him, then you just kinda joined with him on the hammering.
On the hammering, you say? I was still on the tonberry wagon, so there was no intention of me joining in on this hammering.

Unvote

Tell me more on how I joined with soup?

BSP

Smash Legend
This is what I saw

Soup started attacking Toaster's stance

Toaster wasn't really replying strongly

Then you came in and started asking Toaster more questions that would stress him out even more, and the questions didn't really accomplish anything (we already knew he seemed scummy)

And then the last thing you said was

vinyl said:
People, do you agree with what's he saying?
That's a statement that makes people suspicious. Even without a vote, I saw it as pointing fingers.

#HBC | ѕoup

Possibly, there is worse out there though, and I really do mean that. You guys need to look at this objectively, not subjectively, ask yourself if you really felt that what Toastin (or anyone) did was scummy, don't let personal feelings ever get involved in mafia.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This is what I saw

Soup started attacking Toaster's stance

Toaster wasn't really replying strongly

Then you came in and started asking Toaster more questions that would stress him out even more, and the questions didn't really accomplish anything (we already knew he seemed scummy)

And then the last thing you said was

That's a statement that makes people suspicious. Even without a vote, I saw it as pointing fingers.
I think otherwise.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I stopped the pressuring and he's now confirmed town for toDay you were onto me because you said I was on the weakest link and you were correct. But I wasn't joining this thing you called hammering, I only stopped the pressuring and the hammering on toast after I asked him those questions.

And none of noticed that Loli was lurking.

Vote: lolillovesrain

It's her turn now.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Guys, what do you think of this?

I don't think I'm expecting inactivity from ALL of you here you know. It ain't right.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I stopped the pressuring and he's now confirmed town for toDay.
All someone has to do is say "I'm town." and they become insta confirmed townie?

Wow.

You do realize that Vinyl jumping on Toaster at that moment was just enough pressure to break him, right? He was putting up this really confident act against Soup, and the moment Vinyl hit him with that straightforward "Are you scum?" question, he totally fell apart. Then he bugged out when he realized he was out of the frying pan and into the fire.

BSP

Smash Legend
I only stopped the pressuring and the hammering on toast after I asked him those questions.
As scum, this is all you'd need to do without making yourself super obvious. As I pointed out, you tried to raise people's awareness of Toaster's insecurity with that last statement, and then stopped as you've said. Coupled with the fact that you didn't say much before that, it just seems a bit odd.

Loli, since I see you down there as well, what do you make of all this? What do you think about Toaster? What do you think of me questioning Vinyl?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
But that pressuring was just too out of hand. He an inexperienced player and not to mention that he's new at this.
But, no offense, he is the most inexperienced than any of you.

And you do realize that in order to stop toast's pressuring is generally to make you look onto me, right? Because that was what I was expecting. Because if it didn't, the pressure on toast would continue.

BSP

Smash Legend
Personally, I wouldn't take any action on Toaster just yet. While his actions did appear really bad and he didn't really defend himself, we can't just rule out the possibility that he just started on the wrong foot.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
He's not more inexperienced than I am. I have exactly zero experience at this game. The only difference between us is probably general knowledge of the game. I've never played, but I've read a handful of games here and on other sites.

Top Bottom