• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I think it's worth noting that Soup's list of reads came after Badwolf gave some of his reads. Soup's reads were basically identical, but contained no reasoning. He's making it look like he's doing a lot, but he's not actually doing much of anything. Every time he votes for someone, a bandwagon forms around it. Those bandwagons are not formed because soup made a good case, but because noobs just go "Soup is an IC, he must know what he's doing. I shall vote as he does." Soup is controlling the game with no effort whatsoever, and he reveling in it.

BSP

Smash Legend
I think it's worth noting that Soup's list of reads came after Badwolf gave some of his reads. Soup's reads were basically identical, but contained no reasoning. He's making it look like he's doing a lot, but he's not actually doing much of anything. Every time he votes for someone, a bandwagon forms around it. Those bandwagons are not formed because soup made a good case, but because noobs just go "Soup is an IC, he must know what he's doing. I shall vote as he does." Soup is controlling the game with no effort whatsoever, and he reveling in it.
Badwolf's reads:

I feel as if Joker is being dumb town.
Soup as you are the one who's asking the question I would actually not mind seeing your vote move off of him even if it was to myself.
Toaster is sheeping. Not necessarily a scum tell but still not very town.
Tonberry is the most scummy out of the entire wagon. He came out of nowhere and went with the wonderful wagon. This raises suspicions.
Hmm, nice find.

So where do you stand on Soup?

I have 2 ideas from this.

Soup could be town and is using his IC status to weed out easily led scum. He mentioned this and said he wasn't trying to do this I think. I'll go look for it.

Or maybe he knew that he would easily get a following, and is using it to his advantage. Maybe he's trying to steer us in the wrong direction? Or just distract us? He knows he's an IC, so newbs (i say this with no offense intended, as I'm new myself. ) will be likely to follow him regardless of what he says.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
As I already stated in my #197 that nobody seems to have read, I think Soup is really suspicious. I find him slightly more scummy than Tonberry at this point.

BSP

Smash Legend
Noted.

And to be fair, I was curious with the IC thing. But after what you said, I guess it'd be best to ignore it and question soup just like we're doing to the others.

BSP

Smash Legend
EBWOP: It was my 194. I asked if we should be ignoring the fact that he's IC, but no one said anything.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Soup and Sold2 should definitely get looked at just as closely as any other player, regardless of their IC status. I imagine it's not uncommon for at least one IC to be on the scum team. The fact that they are the more experienced players is all the more reason to be afraid of letting them control the game, since they know how players think from both sides far better than we do.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm getting suspicions, but I want to see more talk.

Especially from the quiet people.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm back. And yes, the two ICs have been quiet. Sold2 moreso than Soup, even though he was more recent (I believe). When Soup pointed out:
I've got reads, but I'm gonna take a less contributory stance and try and let the newbies figure it out, [...] I want everyone to look at this wagon though, and tell me if you honestly think that everyone voting BSP is town, I want you to look at who jumped on it, why they jumped on it, and when.
It seemed kind of strange to me, which is what I was trying to point out before (with that post that made absolutely no sense, apologies again). Not because he's trying to "give a hint". Because he could easily just throw people off with this. ("Oh. He's smart. He might be hinting that we're all wrong." (Despite voting for him himself)). Also, he posted his leads:

Unvote

BSP is town.
Vinyl. is town
Tyranitar leans town
Ton is scummy
Toaster is weird/scummy
Sold2 is going to stay null.
Badwolf leans town
Joker is a curious case for me.
While at the same time unvoting.
He uses the word "is" a lot- possibly indicating a definite "fact" ("x is town", "x is scummy"). In this way he could easily control the more fickle opinions by creating the illusion that he's fairly certain.

Hm.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
He uses the word "is" a lot- possibly indicating a definite "fact" ("x is town", "x is scummy"). In this way he could easily control the more fickle opinions by creating the illusion that he's fairly certain.

Hm.
This is an excellent point. He leads us to believe he has reasoning for his reads, but he doesn't tell us what it is. He came to the conclusion that Vinyl was a definite town read after Vinyl made 1 protown post. How'd he do that? He didn't even think about it and post his read later, he called him definite town immediately. I don't know what that says about Vinyl, but it definitely makes me question Soup, and the validity of his reads in general.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Not at all, players can agree but I didn't just copy+paste Badwolf's reads and call them my own.

Responding to stuff.

#HBC | ѕoup

Holy **** did Toastin really just try and make a tell out of how I use my grammar. Hold on a sec.

BSP

Smash Legend
Also note that his scum reads went to the easy bait, and that his curious case (i think he named him that to raise suspicion) was joker, who's been scum hunting the hardest

:phone:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
More semantics than grammar.
I'm scared. What are you going to bring up from my braindead Monday antics?

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm glad BSP decided to play this game, I don't understand why he felt like being a sorry sap earlier in the day but it's good and I won't bother reading anything wrt him unless it's really important.

Put Joker down to anxioustown than anxiousscum, my tell on Joker was the fact he just in hyper-speed mode posting everywhere and everything, my first thoughts were that he was just looking to be relevant but the fact he's been jumping on everything just makes it seem like he's just anxious about being town. Joker, IC talk real quick, you don't have to do everything in order to be a good town, calm yourself and find your own reasoning in things, work at your own pace and prioritize yourself, you'll eventually become a nuisance if you continue to just post like this. Take a breather.

#HBC | ѕoup

Also note that his scum reads went to the easy bait, and that his curious case (i think he named him that to raise suspicion) was joker, who's been scum hunting the hardest

Oh boy, more IC talk. Scum can scumhunt too, it's about the intentions and what they're doing, the person talking the most does not always equal town. Sadly, I believe Joker to be town but he needs to take a breather.

#HBC | ѕoup

More semantics than grammar.
I'm scared. What are you going to bring up from my braindead Monday antics?
Toastin said:
While at the same time unvoting.
And yet you don't vote, you clearly have a problem with me, but you'd rather just call my bluff and make posts like these. This is literally something that cannot be proved and something we in the mafia world call: WIFOM.

BSP

Smash Legend
Oh boy, more IC talk. Scum can scumhunt too, it's about the intentions and what they're doing, the person talking the most does not always equal town. Sadly, I believe Joker to be town but he needs to take a breather.
I noted this. Check the low 200s posts. I mentioned how joker's high activity was pretty unusual compared to the other first timers

#HBC | ѕoup

You just jumped on me for no apparent reason and you weren't the first to do it.

You jumped on me too, you weren't first to do so, and you haven't replied to much.

Im not liking ton and toaster.

So vote tonberry
Vinyl. said:
You know what, **** it. I made Ton an RVS for me and now I think I'm with BSP for this one.

Vote: Tonberry
Love me or hate me I guess.

Tonberry said:
I'll admit that I, too, voted BSP for that "who do I vote" post. When I voted, I didn't realize I was putting him at L-2.

I'm still suspicious of toaster, but it's been a long day and I'll put a looooooot more effort into rereading tomorrow. Sorry I'm ******** tired today.
I'm glad of this, I'd like to see more when you're in better health, expect me to be on you about that Toastin suspicion.

#HBC | ѕoup

I find it interesting that soup used tired johns early in the game, and now the 2 players that the most people have given scummy reads on are using tired johns to write off the fact that they don't have good excuses for their scummy behavior.

It's like they saw soup use it as a excuse for not knowing wtf he was talking about, and their subconcious told them it was a solid goto excuse when they got backed into a corner, maybe? Just thinking out loud here.
Joker, this is not even about me, it's the fact you went from agreeing with my sentiment on BSP, and not switching sides suddenly once the talk goes around, I literally haven't seen you do something that was based on your own feelings and you've been waffling on everything, this makes me want to go back to anxiousscum.

#HBC | ѕoup

Sold2 said:
Kid. Why'd you feel it so necessary to post a full read list here? You go through all this trouble of making actions without reason behind them so that the newbies can figure out case-forming and how to think on their own. So why'd you get your stances out here now. Bare with me, I'm trying to figure out where you're coming from on this one.
Re-affirming myself a bit, also got a few reactions, I was trying to play back-seat but I've got newbies that can't get into the intention business yet. What about you, boy?

#HBC | ѕoup

Joker said:
Soup
Soup is on my radar for sure. I must have missed Vinyl's case on him the first time through (probably because I was busy defending myself from Badwolf). Not about to sleep on him just cuz he's the IC. His "hands off approach to being an IC" this game is a really convenient excuse to vote however he wants with no justification, and then challenge us to figure out why. When Vinyl called him on it, he still opted to not give reasons for his actions. Since I had previously stated that I thought I knew what his motives were, he knew he could just kick back and allow me to clear his name. If you look at his list of "reads", you'll notice that they are more or less identical to Badwolf's, right down to the fact that I was "a conundrum". Are they really that like minded? Or is Soup just letting us do all the work for him
Once again, look into intentions a bit, you're telling me that you think I could be scummy because I opted out of giving reasoning, but backed up my statement by telling you that I was trying to take back-seat, I've even broke my own promise a couple of times because I am a player in this game and I do have a win-con to fufill; take that statement as whatever you will.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And yet you don't vote, you clearly have a problem with me, but you'd rather just call my bluff and make posts like these. This is literally something that cannot be proved and something we in the mafia world call: WIFOM.
I also clearly had a problem with Joker.
Unless if you want me to vote for you.

Actually, you know what?

Vote: Soup

And something that can't be proved? You can't prove lurking either, and I've been accused of it. You can obviously see the name at the bottom of the page, but is that person really lurking, or AFK and doesn't care about incriminating themselves for something silly even if they're innocent, or just forgot they left the page open?

Why so defensive about your choice of words?
Honestly, I wasn't going to place a vote on you until you got defensive about it.

Tell me, why did you seem so certain in your reads?
Or did you just haphazardly or indirectly make a post that could easily direct fickle people?

What does WIFOM stand for?

#HBC | ѕoup

Toastin, your #200. It's fluff. Fluff/Filler is the action of making useless posts just for the sake of posting, you made one post that covered nothing and even said in it:

The reason I haven't been questioning much myself is because I have no points to make at the moment.
Don't do this, make your posts worthwhile, let town know what you're thinking but don't go into Joker mode and feel like you need to post about everything. Priority. Priority.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Toastin, your #200. It's fluff. Fluff/Filler is the action of making useless posts just for the sake of posting, you made one post that covered nothing and even said in it:

Don't do this, make your posts worthwhile, let town know what you're thinking but don't go into Joker mode and feel like you need to post about everything. Priority. Priority.
Well thanks, but people have been pressing me about why I haven't really been pushing anyone else and I just answered to it.

Unless if I was meant to ignore it... :s

#HBC | ѕoup

I also clearly had a problem with Joker.
Unless if you want me to vote for you.

Actually, you know what?

Vote: Soup

And something that can't be proved? You can't prove lurking either, and I've been accused of it. You can obviously see the name at the bottom of the page, but is that person really lurking, or AFK and doesn't care about incriminating themselves for something silly even if they're innocent, or just forgot they left the page open?

Why so defensive about your choice of words?
Honestly, I wasn't going to place a vote on you until you got defensive about it.

Tell me, why did you seem so certain in your reads?
Or did you just haphazardly or indirectly make a post that could easily direct fickle people?

What does WIFOM stand for?
Noobscum.

You clearly had a problem, you opted out to do nothing about it, tell me what was so important for you to not do anything, or are you just making excuses?

What's this point you're trying to make here? I'm honestly confused.

Defensive? I told you how it is, don't take things so bluntly and maybe you would understand that, you had absolutely nothing on me and you match the biggest stretch anyone could ever do, the way I state my reads is not a tell.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm not in the right state of mind to argue. If I fought back, I would only make myself look worse, would I not?

Of course I find the accusations ridiculous. It's my first time playing. Yes, I jumped on the BSP bandwagon earlier, technically, because when Soup voted for you, I looked at your last posts and wondered why and It actually made some kind of sense. It's my first time playing, so I figured, why not. Haha.

But I'm starting to think Joker's a little off. I'll expand more in a bit. Be right back.
Excuses. this is all I see, I don't see town admitting their faults, I see scum trying to make it seem like they've got reason to be scummy.

BSP

Smash Legend
Love me or hate me I guess.
My vote right there made sense when it was made.

Now, I'm less sure about what to take from everything atm. Day 2 is gonna be important.

You quiet people need to post because if you die while being quiet, you don't help anyone.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Annnnnd here comes the noob comments. You'd be surprised.

All of a sudden you have strong conviction against the person who accused you, soup. Doesn't seem scummy at all no siree.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Toaster, are you town?
Is this a trick question? No is obviously the incorrect answer, for obvious reasons, but if I say yes I'm going to be attacked with "LIES!" comments from the more critical players here.

#HBC | ѕoup

Literally all of page 6 is Toastin trying to justify his own reasoning and saving his own skin, I see no effort to scumhunt.

I'm gonna pull something some people would call an OMGUS. OMGUS' are when people vote someone just for the sake that they voted them first, but I have reasoning so it isn't the same context.

Annnnnd here comes the noob comments. You'd be surprised.

All of a sudden you have strong conviction against the person who accused you, soup. Doesn't seem scummy at all no siree.
passive-aggressive is not a good trait to have, you're not looking into why I am and only putting up the fact that I've suddenly gotten strong conviction towards you, you're grasping for straws at this point.

#HBC | ѕoup

Vote: Toastin

Do more besides have this argument you can't win, and not because I'm just an IC.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Joker, this is not even about me, it's the fact you went from agreeing with my sentiment on BSP, and not switching sides suddenly once the talk goes around, I literally haven't seen you do something that was based on your own feelings and you've been waffling on everything, this makes me want to go back to anxiousscum.
How was the quote you responded to here even relevant to you? I made mention of the fact that you used tired johns as an excuse for not reading clearly and realizing that Badwolf was my first and only vote at the time, and that Toaster had voted for me. What's that got to do with anyone's vote on BSP?

#HBC | ѕoup

Looking at Toastin's posts made me want to vomit, no offense to you at all but they're pretty disgusting. You try and feign confidence with me right now but all of page 7 is just you being wishy-washy and indecisive, you couldn't even make a truly solid stance on Joker which apparently was on your radar. What's the difference here? Why are you suddenly convicted towards me? Is it because I fought back?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Is this a trick question? No is obviously the incorrect answer, for obvious reasons, but if I say yes I'm going to be attacked with "LIES!" comments from the more critical players here.
Wow. You're really not just gonna answer that you're "not scum"? This is some hardcore flailing under minimal pressure. You are either the jumpiest townie of all time, or you are nervous scum overthinking how to answer a very simple question. I'm inclined to believe the latter.

#HBC | ѕoup

How was the quote you responded to here even relevant to you? I made mention of the fact that you used tired johns as an excuse for not reading clearly and realizing that Badwolf was my first and only vote at the time, and that Toaster had voted for me. What's that got to do with anyone's vote on BSP?
It didn't matter if it was relevant towards me, I commented about it because it concerned my own reads, this is the Priority thing I've been talking about. Not the same instance, I admit I screwed up there but it doesn't really matter.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So, infact, you don't want to answer the question at all, because you think it's a trick question and proves nothing.

People, do you agree with what's he saying?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Looking at Toastin's posts made me want to vomit, no offense to you at all but they're pretty disgusting. You try and feign confidence with me right now but all of page 7 is just you being wishy-washy and indecisive, you couldn't even make a truly solid stance on Joker which apparently was on your radar. What's the difference here? Why are you suddenly convicted towards me? Is it because I fought back?
Calm yourself ._.
It's my first time playing. ._.

And no, it's because I had a feeling for a while (explained in that big post up there that you only even bothered to talk about the latter part of it with the "grammar"). Not because you started to just now fight back.

I'm standing my ground with this one. The reason I didn't vote for Mr. Joker is because I know I didn't have a solid stance against him.

Top Bottom