• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
How do you know BSP was doing that? BSP, is what you did true?
Also, now I'm thinking you're putting the sheep on someone else.

Yet still, I can agree with you that he has been lurking, which is scummy.

My vote is yet to be decided.
I'm not saying BSP was doing that at all. Toasterbrains said that, and I find that to be flimsy justification for being a 3rd vote on a player with 2 posts on day1. If you wanna say my reason for voting for him was equally shakey, I suppose that's a fair point. But I wasn't trying to lynch him, I was trying to pressure him, and when it became apparant that he might get lynched, I removed my vote.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
1. Yes it's sheeping especially since you lacked any reason other than pressure.

2. You say that you realized that you should have voted for him. What does that mean?

3. You never said anything about you jumping on the wagon and the relevance to your understanding of his plan. If you knew that he was waiting for people to jump on the wagon why did you?

So you're ok with lynching a town if it gives you some type of info?
He meant this i think.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
wasnt joker the first guy to accuse me?
Joker first voted badwolf then got what he needed. w.e. that was. Then i remember seeing something about toatedbrains and then he went to you after Soup voted for you. He said he agreed with what soup was doing iirc and then voted you.

He was the first one to take his vote off you but i believe it was after soup mentioned you were already L-2. and then others started to take their votes off you.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
1. Yes it's sheeping especially since you lacked any reason other than pressure.
not a question
2. You say that you realized that you should have voted for him. What does that mean?
It means that I meant to vote for him, but didn't. When I realized I hadn't done it, I did.

3. You never said anything about you jumping on the wagon and the relevance to your understanding of his plan. If you knew that he was waiting for people to jump on the wagon why did you?
I didn't figure out what he was doing until after I had voted. Like I said, me going after BSP at the same time as soup was mostly coincidence. I was looking at BSP at the time, and I hadn't thoroughly analyzed what soup's motivation for his actions were until after the fact.

So you're ok with lynching a town if it gives you some type of info?
If the info is usuable, then absolutely. Based on the size of the game, and the day1 flavor post, I guess there being 2 mafia and 9 town. So if every time we accidently lynched a townie, it gave us info that led to a mafia lynch the next day, we'd win. Other than that, no, lynching town is bad, and obviously we should lynch mafia whenever possible. I just recognize that townie lynches are usually unavoidable.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
What does everyone think of soup's vote on Tonberry? Personally, I don't have a scum read on him, but to tell the truth I don't really have a read on him at all since he hasn't posted that much yet. Anyone want/able to shed some light on this?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
wasnt joker the first guy to accuse me?
I wasn't the first person to accuse you, but I was the first person to give a reason for voting for you, since soup deliberately did not give a reason, and instead asked everyone else to come up with reasons. Badwolf mentioned that he thought you were hardcore sheeping before my post, but he didn't vote you.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack~

Okay so Joker's really putting himself out there, especially since this is his first game (right?) I have a hard time seeing him do that as scum.

Question, mostly for the ICs: How long of a period would someone be lurking before it's considered proper or whatever to vote them? I come from a much slower-paced site and in my first game over there I called someone out for lurking for like three days and everyone else was like IT'S NOT LIKE THAT HERE soooo yeah j/w

quadpost all day erry day

my first impression of toaster's reaction to second vote was that it was fake-nonchalantness, but that's pretty thin.

lol, especially thin when compared to
vote: BSP
You just jumped on me for no apparent reason and you weren't the first to do it.

If you're referring to how you started the vote wagon for BSP and asked why you voted for him, in order to somehow deter votes on yourself or something along those lines, well.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :awesome:
You jumped on me too, you weren't first to do so, and you haven't replied to much.

Im not liking ton and toaster.

So vote tonberry

BSP

Smash Legend
What does everyone think of soup's vote on Tonberry? Personally, I don't have a scum read on him, but to tell the truth I don't really have a read on him at all since he hasn't posted that much yet. Anyone want/able to shed some light on this?
He was also the vote that put me on L-2 to lynching. I don't think anyone who wouldn't want me dead would do this.

BSP

Smash Legend
And there was nothing on the table to really prove im scum or suggest it. The first person that jumped on me was IC (hmm...)

tonberry

Smash Rookie
I'll admit that I, too, voted BSP for that "who do I vote" post. When I voted, I didn't realize I was putting him at L-2.

I'm still suspicious of toaster, but it's been a long day and I'll put a looooooot more effort into rereading tomorrow. Sorry I'm ******** tired today.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I find it interesting that soup used tired johns early in the game, and now the 2 players that the most people have given scummy reads on are using tired johns to write off the fact that they don't have good excuses for their scummy behavior.

Honestly, Soup, I do believe that was me running on virtually no sleep trying to piece something together, but it makes no sense once I read it back over. I'm trying, damn it. :c

I'll admit that I, too, voted BSP for that "who do I vote" post. When I voted, I didn't realize I was putting him at L-2.

I'm still suspicious of toaster, but it's been a long day and I'll put a looooooot more effort into rereading tomorrow. Sorry I'm ******** tired today.
It's like they saw soup use it as a excuse for not knowing wtf he was talking about, and their subconcious told them it was a solid goto excuse when they got backed into a corner, maybe? Just thinking out loud here.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
i feel like being invisible is cheating. I like being able to tell that people are lurking but not posting. Badwolf said he was going to bed like an hour and a half ago so he's either a liar, he couldn't sleep and decided to reread the thread, or he just leaves his comp on with the browser open on this thread all the time :p

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
i feel like being invisible is cheating. I like being able to tell that people are lurking but not posting. Badwolf said he was going to bed like an hour and a half ago so he's either a liar, he couldn't sleep and decided to reread the thread, or he just leaves his comp on with the browser open on this thread all the time :p
All three...

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well I'm gonna do a full reread, sleep on it, then do another reread in the morning so I can get some more indepth reads on everyone. Right now all I've been doing is assuming everyone is town, while trying to find evidence that points to scum. I'll probably get some better town reads if I reread while assuming everyone is secretly mafia, and try to find evidence that points to town.

BSP

Smash Legend
Now that im back home (trying to beat Donkey Kong country with some friends, so half brained posts), let me get my head into this. I'll probably repeat some stuff so bear with me

Although something seems fishy about this, as if BSP is just trying to draw negative attention for a reason... Hell, why not take the "bait".

Unvote
Vote BSP
This is mostly at you toaster, but it's at everyone too I guess: Why would I draw negative attention towards myself? Scum or not, getting lynched is bad, isn't it? Who would do this on purpose?
You asked everyone who you should vote for. You don't see how that's suspicious at all?
Yeah, but no scum is really stupid enough to do this.

People don't think outloud through their hands. He said "Guys, who should I vote for?"

I'm not saying this makes him auto-scum, but come on. You can't possibly not see how that's suspicious.
I didn't know how to word what I was trying to say without it sounding stupid. What I meant to say is I don't think he was expecting an answer to that.
Wow, Toaster is the first one to consider that I wasn't serious. You're still a little sketchy, but bravo. Everyone else, :glare: Come on, I'm not that stupid.

Oh, and for the people who have been asking me to share more of my reads. I think Toaster is my strongest scum read at this point.

He immediately jumped on the BSP wagon when it became clear that it was an actual wagon as opposed to just a random day1 vote. His excuse for why he did it in his #79 post was really flimsy. BSP was being fishy and trying to draw negative attention to himself to bait people into voting for him, but I'm gonna vote for him anyway? I felt like it was blatant sheeping. This was further solidified for me when I took my vote off of BSP, and he immediately did the same.

I also agreed with Tonberry's assessment that his nonchalant response to me putting the 2nd vote on him was really fake.

Also, his #90 post, where he thought soup might have been talking about him as one of the people who voted BSP that everyone needed to keep an eye on. I felt like it was a really knee jerk attempt at defending himself, but not having a leg to stand on. When soup questioned him about it, he just shrugged it off because soup's #101 hinted that I was the one who needed a closer look, and made no mention of toaster.

He's been lurking almost the entire game, made enough posts to keep himself on the radar without drawing too much attention to himself, and has posted no real content.
Toast is looking real sketchy right now.

Play to win :smirk:

Toaster and Tonberry, you two should say something to defend yourselves soon. IMO you two seem like scum the most atm. The bandwagon thing really puts you two on the spot.

Joker unvoted and has explained his motive so far, so I think he's ok.

I think Soup is just voting people to start stuff, so I'm not too sure on him, but he's less suspicious than you two.

Oh, and Badwolf was the first to mention that I was on L-2, so I'm going to assume he's ok for now.

#beingbehind

BSP

Smash Legend
And just so you don't think you're talking to a brick wall

Soup said:
Nothing else matters besides the wagon that is being formed on you? Any scum on there? Possibly? Do you have any reads or the alike?
The above post should address that. Joker figured most of it out though, and I said what I think so far. I don't know what to think about you though with this IC thing...

BSP

Smash Legend
Oh darn, my bad.

I don't know what to think of Soup really. Should we be trying to ignore the fact that he's IC?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
It's like they saw soup use it as a excuse for not knowing wtf he was talking about, and their subconcious told them it was a solid goto excuse when they got backed into a corner, maybe? Just thinking out loud here.
I actually think this is a super-good catch, but at the same time this is not something that implies an alignment. Town or scum both could be backed into a corner and both could subconsciously reach that excuse. Good try though.

...which brings me back to the purpose of day 1 accusations.
Because we can't just sit around here playing patty-cake. Without putting some solid stances out on the table D1 (day 1), our D2 will be just as stupid. Everything starts somewhere.

Unvote

BSP is town.
Vinyl. is town
Tyranitar leans town
Ton is scummy
Toaster is weird/scummy
Sold2 is going to stay null.
Badwolf leans town
Joker is a curious case for me.
Kid. Why'd you feel it so necessary to post a full read list here? You go through all this trouble of making actions without reason behind them so that the newbies can figure out case-forming and how to think on their own. So why'd you get your stances out here now. Bare with me, I'm trying to figure out where you're coming from on this one.

Nobody has really done anything suspicious except Toaster, when he edited his post, but that was probably nothing
Let me prod this now since there's a ton on the table to point at right now. Honestly you could make a good case for anybody now. Take a serious stance on somebody TTar.

And as for myself... I'm going to have to take a better reread before I point my finger. Unvote My next post will be relevant.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Here are my reads thus far, because I was way too impatient to sleep on it.

Tonberry
Right now I feel like the Tonberry wagon only has one piece of evidence pointing to him being scum, which is a lot less than ToasterBrains for me. I'm waiting for him to give his reads and whatnot tomorrow.
- Hoove of Suspicion, for now.

Badwolf
His early game smelled really suspicious to me (it still does, but it's easily explained away by the "herp derp RVS doesn't matter" mentality lots of players have). Ironically, the strongest townpoint he has is his case against me, which indicates that he's scumhunting. His case was extremely weak, but I guess it's fair to assume I'm the only person who thought so at the time. There were obviously questions raised that I needed to answer so that we'd all be on the same page.
- I'm inclined to lean town

Soup
Soup is on my radar for sure. I must have missed Vinyl's case on him the first time through (probably because I was busy defending myself from Badwolf). Not about to sleep on him just cuz he's the IC. His "hands off approach to being an IC" this game is a really convenient excuse to vote however he wants with no justification, and then challenge us to figure out why. When Vinyl called him on it, he still opted to not give reasons for his actions. Since I had previously stated that I thought I knew what his motives were, he knew he could just kick back and allow me to clear his name. If you look at his list of "reads", you'll notice that they are more or less identical to Badwolf's, right down to the fact that I was "a conundrum". Are they really that like minded? Or is Soup just letting us do all the work for him?
- Pretty scummy. I've got my eye on you

BSP
I'm not so sure about him. He plays way too dumb, then suddenly he seems to be a borderline mastermind. The fact that everyone keeps telling him that he's noobtown, and then he argues with them about it, doesn't clear it up for me. He thinks and talks in terms of WIFOM way too much for me to trust anything he says. (Wine In Front Of Me. This is a concept from the Princess Bride often used in Mafia. It refers to the infinite loop of thought that your enemy might put poison in your wine, but he might also know you'll suspect that, and instead put the poison in his own wine.)
- I'm only inclined to lean town by process of elimination. Otherwise he would be hella Null read

Vinyl
Vinyl appears to be hunting scum. I think we share a similar read on Soup at this point, and since he brought it up before anyone else, I know he's thinking for himself. I'd like to see more in the next few days so I can try to solidify this read more.
- Town lean

Toaster
I've already made my case on him, but it boils down to his obvious bandwagon votes on BSP, and his constant lurking while contributing nothing. His responses when pressured about leave much to be desired.
- Hella scummy

Sold2
Obv scum :troll: Nah he hasn't posted enough for me to know.
- By default, this makes him a null read, for now

Tyranitar
Flying way under the radar so far. Hasn't been totally inactive, but hasn't posted much of anything useful. Get some reads out there please!
- Null read

Benjy
- Refer to Tyranitar read

Loli
- Refer to Tyranitar read

Joker
I'm with you guys on this dude. I don't know WHAT to make of him. He is a mystery wrapped in a riddle.
- Swag read

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Let me prod this now since there's a ton on the table to point at right now. Honestly you could make a good case for anybody now. Take a serious stance on somebody TTar.
That post was way before anything happened.

Anyways, I'm not getting many clear reads. Toaster is seeming a bit scummy, but that could be passed of as simple inexperience.

On the other hand,

If you actually believed he was scum, why would him being at L-2 matter?

Here's what that post says to me: in an attempt to give a town vibe to others, he hopped on the bandwagon, based on Soup's vote (which was intended to make Soup seem like he knows something he didn't), but after everyone else hopped off the BSP wagon, he did too, to align himself with people who seem to lean very much towards town (read: badwolf), as well as Soup, who, if he is indeed town, would be a good person to follow, being an IC and all.

I still want to see how he reacts to the votes against him. Until then, I'm not 100% certain, but he's certainly my scummiest thus far

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Toaster
I've already made my case on him, but it boils down to his obvious bandwagon votes on BSP, and his constant lurking while contributing nothing. His responses when pressured about leave much to be desired.
- Hella scummy
If you say so, lol. I mean, I would explain myself but it would do nothing but trigger your "i'm right you're wrong let's argue loser!" response or something.

Anyway, I'm back, gotta read through the pages I missed.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright. It seems everyone thinks I'm pretty scummy, and I understand why. No big deal though.
I feel kinda of smacked in the face that someone said "not replying much". I mean, sorry, sleeping doesn't excuse me from posting I suppose.

However, Joker seems to be rather eager to eat at everyone or pressure them at the least. All of his questioning could just be some ruse to cover himself up.

The reason I haven't been questioning much myself is because I have no points to make at the moment.

Top Bottom