• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Vinyl, if you are scumhunting you are going to be switching your targets often so i see nothing wrong with it. If you are jumping people every other post I can see why people would voice a hint of scum.

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yeah, I see no problem in how people would hint me as that. I've already said this before without hassle.

I'm jumping onto people, but hey, there's less activity going on here.
Now I'm seeing less voting and more questions.
We jave until Monday before it ends and I really, REALLY don't want to end this day without a lynch.

And Seeing, has pjb says, we have enough time, it doesn't really feel like we do.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
@Mod: request vote count

Vinyl, i'll ask you what I asked PJB.
- Current reads
- Thoughts on the Toaster lynch wagon
- do you have someone we should look into if a Toaster lynch is reached toDay?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't think I've made reads, have I?

Ori - Null
You just got here, but started somehow well. I'll expect that you post more.

Badwolf - Null/Town
All I've been mostly seeing was his suspicions/questions onto joker and questions to others. He had made an Unvote, so he must be willing to go for someone else now.

PrivateBrown - Town
He has good activity and I've been seeing his posts as good.

Toast - Town
I confirmed him town for toDay. He has said yes and I'll stick with that.

Tyranitar - Null
Hasn't made a lot of posts, but he only has made thoughts. And now that he's looking onto Tom as I am, I'm still awaiting Ton's response.

BSP - Null/Town
In center. I'll stick with this as something I'll think about since he did say it.

I'm doing just about as much as anyone else. I was just pressuring you, I looked into Joker's unusually high activity, and I've been trying to encourage the quieter people to be more active before they're possibly killed without contributing anything. Just look at my posts so far. For the most part, I've been trying to stimulate conversation and generate info that can help.

Tonberry - Null/Scum
His case on tyranitar,msaying he's scummy for posting his thoughts, which is null to me, is just dumb. He has made cases on others, but that one was just silly.

Benji - Null/Town
Reads, but somehow accurate and fair. I expect more posts from him as he has potential.

Soup - Unsure
Gave him a case, I'm only seeing his reasons and defense right now. I made a case on him and instantly calls me town. He's done this before, not the same, but just says I'm town/Dumb town.

Sold2 - Null
I see him doing something now, but I have to see more from him.

=====

Toaster lynch wagon is something I wouldn't consider doing, I'd actually rather check on him toMorrow and lynch anyone else but him. If he cant't stay Til' tomorrow and get's lynched, ton will be my scum choice.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ah ok, well Vinyl what do you think is an appropriate plan of action since you are against the current lynch wagon?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Here's what I said.

Toaster lynch wagon is something I wouldn't consider doing, I'd actually rather check on him toMorrow and lynch anyone else but him. If he cant't stay Til' tomorrow and get's lynched, ton will be my scum choice.
If you guys are going to stick with lynching toast, I'll be looking into Ton tomorrow as my scum choice.
Other than that, if you guys have other suggestions, I'll gladly look into them as well.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Well I'm keeping my eye on Joker, but I'm still open to a Toaster lynch.
Vinyl- do you have no scum reads or what? Who are you looking at if you aren't looking at Toaster?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Sorry, nevermind. Why are you still on the Tonscum? Do you think there's a decent case against him right now? Does it stand up to the case that others have on Toaster?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Did you even read this?

I understand you voted for Toast, as he's extremely scummy right now, but after a post like this, you're up there too.

#198 was before Soup dropped a pressure nuke on Toast's head, and Toast made himself look more scummy. #369: of course I focused on players that have been hot topics for discussion (a couple posts later, I discussed Joker too), but you hadn't gotten much attention, and I still expressed a desire for you to explain why you're not scum (something you've still yet to do).

Your argument is flimsy as hell. You didn't say a thing regarding me for the entire game, until a while after I started pointing out what makes you look scummy (which, as I said, you've done nothing to justify). Then suddenly you have a scum read on me. Clearly I'm not the only one who thinks that's mega fishy.

I also notice how despite your scum read on me, you still vote for Toast, because he's in the hot seat, and nobody would blame you, whereas you voting for me would draw a lot of attention to yourself. Pretty clever, I suppose, but I don't buy it.

How does everyone else feel about this? I know Vinyl shares my suspicion.
Did anyone even read this?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm gonna be Afk in a few. Gonna go pick up my sis and go to cici's pizza.
I'll be looking back to reading new posts when I return.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Benji, I see you here. Any thoughts on this?
Vinyl, So you don't like Ton because he's reaching, I know you are open to a Toaster lynch. Is there anyone else you have a scum read on? Your list is full of wishwash null reads. Right now I think the only person you should really have a null on is Sold2 and that's because of his inactivity.

BadClover

Smash Rookie
Depending on the outcome of my power when this storm goes through I might be out for a while... Idk just yet...

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Okay I'm not going to be able to finish this reread, I don't know why but everything about my mentality changed. I'm just going to have to roll with what's recent.

So from what I've picked up on a fast skim, Toaster is the majority lynch target? To my understanding he's being accused of what happened with the original BSP wagon where he followed Soup and then bailed. And now he hasn't responded to some questions or the like.

And then the other thing that stands out to me is what Vinyl quoted and the conversation around that. I'm not entirely sure what TTar's original case was but Tonberry's reaction is indeed peculiar. Could someone give me a rundown of what Tonberry has done thus far in D1, curious? A fair unbiased summary if you could.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Toaster is in a bad way right now.
Although something seems fishy about this, as if BSP is just trying to draw negative attention for a reason... Hell, why not take the "bait".

Unvote
Vote BSP
This was the first thing he did to draw attention. He was the 3rd guy to jump on the BSP wagon with this vote. The main problem with it is his reasoning. It doesn't make any sense.
I've got reads, but I'm gonna take a less contributory stance and try and let the newbies figure it out, last game I was in they didn't get any screentime at all and basically me/zen just harbodied scum, It was pleasant but not the play i'm going to make here. I want everyone to look at this wagon though, and tell me if you honestly think that everyone voting BSP is town, I want you to look at who jumped on it, why they jumped on it, and when.
If you're referring to how you started the vote wagon for BSP and asked why you voted for him, in order to somehow deter votes on yourself or something along those lines, well.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :awesome:
EBWOP: err, and I didn't mean to be to specific and refer to many people instead, but I accidentally my logic and well. Aw well, take it for as it is I guess. No regrets: :laugh:
Soup made this post, and then Toaster responded to it with this. He thought Soup was accusing him of something, and he made this half-*** stance against it. Seemed like he was just flailing, like he knew he needed to respond but didn't know how.
Unvote

Until I can actually think clearly enough to come up with a conclusion.
Here's him jumping off the wagon immediately after I did. He's basically admitting that he was just following the crowd when he voted for BSP, and that he wasn't thinking. Sounds like noobscum.

He stopped posting at this point, but continued lurking for hours. The attention had been turned to me because I was #2 on the BSP wagon, and Toaster clearly thought he was out of the woods.
If you say so, lol. I mean, I would explain myself but it would do nothing but trigger your "i'm right you're wrong let's argue loser!" response or something.

Anyway, I'm back, gotta read through the pages I missed.
Alright. It seems everyone thinks I'm pretty scummy, and I understand why. No big deal though.
I feel kinda of smacked in the face that someone said "not replying much". I mean, sorry, sleeping doesn't excuse me from posting I suppose.

However, Joker seems to be rather eager to eat at everyone or pressure them at the least. All of his questioning could just be some ruse to cover himself up.

The reason I haven't been questioning much myself is because I have no points to make at the moment.
This is his post the morning after I posted a big list of reads, which included an accusation of Toaster being the scummiest player in the game. Trying to make it look like he was keeping a cool head, and tries to turn attention back onto me, despite the fact that he explicitly states he has no points to make of his own.
I'm not in the right state of mind to argue. If I fought back, I would only make myself look worse, would I not?

Of course I find the accusations ridiculous. It's my first time playing. Yes, I jumped on the BSP bandwagon earlier, technically, because when Soup voted for you, I looked at your last posts and wondered why and It actually made some kind of sense. It's my first time playing, so I figured, why not. Haha.

But I'm starting to think Joker's a little off. I'll expand more in a bit. Be right back.
EBWOP: Oh, and I took my vote off of BSP because I gained a little suspicion on Joker and wanted my vote free for right now.
Again, he states that he's not thinking clearly, and that he removed his BSP vote because he was suspicious of me. He doesn't say why, and he doesn't vote for me.
One thing's for sure; He's decent in getting in everyone's business so he could be a good target for scum to pick off, if he's not scum.

Maybe he's trying to throw people off, what with his jumping on and off votes of different people frequently. I'm still unsure but I'll have a vote by the end of this hour.
His main thought in this post is a plan of action from a scum perspective. He's not thinking like a townie, he's thinkign like scum. Maybe it's nothing, but the way he seems to speak without thinking makes me think this could be a scumslip.
Toaster
You have some heat on you, mostly from Joker, yet you say that defending yourself will cause more scummy behaviour. Why?
Mostly because I'd only be digging my hole deeper. At this point, it would be better to just go with it than dispel anything. All of his reasons are valid, though inaccurate. He's just mistaking my rookie mistakes for scummy behavior. Not much to argue against.
Badwolf presses him, and he gives more wishywashy excuses to not respond, and pulling the "i r nooblet" defense card.
I meant that I didn't want to have decided on a vote yet. >.<
I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing. Unless if you WANT me to have a vote on someone now, then I'm just not voting yet.
Vinyl presses him a little, and he says he doesn't wanna vote, but he will if we want him to. Sounds like sheeping to me.
Is it at all possible I made a few rushed thoughtless posts, went off to do something else, then came back? I know that must be impossible. Given how nonsensical I was yesterday, apparently. I know I haven't made any sense. Yesterday. Worthless participation is still participation; I didn't want to be absent.

My thoughts on everyone else? I think sold2's been relatively quiet, but he does post, and when he does, he isn't "toasterbrains-quality useless". :p

I'm not great at reads. I'm probably the worst at this game here right now. I'm not complaining, haha. I'm trying to learn.

Though, where has Benjy gone? Did I miss a recent post from him or something?
Not to mention that me and ton seem to be the only ones who are/have been mentally absent in the course of the game so far, and we're the most suspicious, so of course, I'll have the same suspicions on him.

As for BSP, on the topic of why you came off as suspicious, at that time you had few posts, one of which was "asking" who you should vote for. Accusations just flew, right?

Please excuse me if I'm missing some deep, philosophical point. :glare:
I press him a little, and he starts trying to turn attention ANYWHERE but him. His new excuse for voting for BSP is "Everyone was doing it, why does it make me suspicious?".
More semantics than grammar.
I'm scared. What are you going to bring up from my braindead Monday antics?
Soup starts questioning him.
I also clearly had a problem with Joker.
Unless if you want me to vote for you.

Actually, you know what?

Vote: Soup

And something that can't be proved? You can't prove lurking either, and I've been accused of it. You can obviously see the name at the bottom of the page, but is that person really lurking, or AFK and doesn't care about incriminating themselves for something silly even if they're innocent, or just forgot they left the page open?

Why so defensive about your choice of words?
Honestly, I wasn't going to place a vote on you until you got defensive about it.

Tell me, why did you seem so certain in your reads?
Or did you just haphazardly or indirectly make a post that could easily direct fickle people?

What does WIFOM stand for?
Everyone starts looking at him funny at this point, but when Vinyl jumps in and posts this, things really got interesting.
Toaster, are you town?
Is this a trick question? No is obviously the incorrect answer, for obvious reasons, but if I say yes I'm going to be attacked with "LIES!" comments from the more critical players here.
Flails like crazy. He can't just simply state "yes, I'm town." He panics, for no reason. A ****storm comes down on him that lasts like a page and a half.
No, I was referring to the whole saying my posts make him want to vomit thing. I just had a "jeeze.." moment. Not that his points aren't valid. I'm not trying to use it as a shield ._.
I just didn't think I'd have vomit-worthy posts. Sorry ._.'

I'm just going to go ahead and call it a night. Gotta get up early for yardwork tomorrow anyway. See ya guys.
Then he bails, and we haven't really heard from him since.

To tell the truth, Tonberry hasn't done a whole lot of anything. I don't feel like pulling up his posts, even though there aren't very many of them. Here's a summary. He jumped into the game with his first post being a vote on BSP, putting him at L-2. This is the main thing that is turning heads in his direction. His other posts have been his removal of that vote, calling it a mistake, and then proceeding to give reads on certain players (he has yet to cover everyone, to my knowledge).

It is my belief that based on his reads and the way he explains them, he is experienced, and smart. He even made mention of hosting/playing games on other sites. It's entirely possible that his failure to notice the size of the wagon building on BSP was legitimate, but it's also possible that he pretended not to notice on purpose.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok, so Sold2 asked for a detailed summary on Tonberry, and I pretty much mostly posted about Toaster up there :p I like that the Toaster case is all in one place now, but my summary on Tonberry may be a bit lacking, and since I have an interest in Tonberry as well, I should do a better job. Here goes

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack~

Okay so Joker's really putting himself out there, especially since this is his first game (right?) I have a hard time seeing him do that as scum.

Question, mostly for the ICs: How long of a period would someone be lurking before it's considered proper or whatever to vote them? I come from a much slower-paced site and in my first game over there I called someone out for lurking for like three days and everyone else was like IT'S NOT LIKE THAT HERE soooo yeah j/w

quadpost all day erry day

my first impression of toaster's reaction to second vote was that it was fake-nonchalantness, but that's pretty thin.

lol, especially thin when compared to
vote: BSP
Here's his very first post, which put BSP at L-2
I actually didn't realize he was that close to lynch.
unvote

more stuff in a bit, I think
Here's where he jumps off the vote, about an hour later. He was the last one to jump on, and the last one to jump off.

I'll admit that I, too, voted BSP for that "who do I vote" post. When I voted, I didn't realize I was putting him at L-2.

I'm still suspicious of toaster, but it's been a long day and I'll put a looooooot more effort into rereading tomorrow. Sorry I'm ******** tired today.
I'll answer other questions etc. in the morning.
These posts came back to back about 3.5 hours later.
post incoming. I'll tell you now that I'm using a different approach than most, it makes it easier on me.
okay first off, sorry it took me so long to get back here. Second, I'm not confident in my ability to find anything that's been skipped over by everyone else (mostly because I've been gone so long). Third, I had no idea how to invisible until someone else told me (for the record, I absolutely hate playing visible because I'm often either AFK or taking my time with a post).

loli, benjy are null until they post more which they seem to be doing as I make this giant post so yay!

BadWolf- my first impression from skim was lean-town.
I kinda feel, though, that #88 was echoing soup with more gusto- to look better in case of BSP town flip perhaps?

Did you think Soup was scummy at this point?

As this game did not have a night start, if Joker knows more than the rest of us, that would make him mafia. If this is the case, he sure as hell isn't going to share (unless he's as stupid as I am lolol), and telling him to not say anything about it is horrible advice from a town perspective.

These particular points in #120 just aren't that great:

He explained what he meant.

And he said pretty much what you are saying here.

re: #149
Particularly in the early game, if you're able to pick up links between people it may be okay to lynch town. Not ideal, but like Joker says not gamebreaking. Later in the game though not so much lol.
re: #170 Except you haven't addressed soup by this point, and your vote and questions are on Joker. wut.

Answers in pink.
Wolf has gone from my initial lean-town to null. His questions are decent, but his cases have generally been weak.

Toast- Not a fan of the play from this slot.
I still really, really, REALLY hate #58 and #60.

Why would he want to attract attention? And why on earth would you give it to him?

Noted, though, that his post #90 was the first to question soup's place on BSP wagon.

I don't like #209 though. Opens a door for WIFOM.

Why is pressuring an active player impractical? He's giving us more to pick apart.

Reaction testing/pressure voting, when done properly, is null at worst.

If I hadn't been so stupid-scummy last night I'd take this as a veiled OMGUS.

I don't like the reads offered in #232. Even if a player who is consistently active and asking questions is mafia, you can learn from their statements. Additionally, re: Benjy inactivity doesn't mean scum. It just means inactivity. And a common scum tactic is to go after inactives HMM.
#248 is a biiiiiig stretch.
re: #262 Yeah I really don't see how he got defensive...
#270 is also p.bad, I also really don't like the recycled "it's my first time" thing. I didn't use it in my first game and I sure as hell wouldn't use it here.

re: #315 Do you think so, or know so? If the latter, that changes basically everything in my view o.o
Toast is still scummy but pending response to above question.

I know this isn't even close to everyone (I wanted to reread toast and one other person, so I went down the list) but I need to update a game I'm hosting on another site, and do some work.

oh, and I gave the heads-up because I've gotten flack for reading people individually but it just works better for me.
This comes about 24 hours later.

Sorry this has taken me so long, you guys.

Fair enough. I also like to milk days for all they're worth (which has also gotten me into trouble, tehe)
re: re: 170 I...think I understand? At any rate, thanks for responding to my points.
re: 388 Because I have no excuse for what I did other than being completely derp at time of post. All I can do now is try to scumhunt properly.

Ttar gave me weird gut feelings, hopefully I can quantify them. Early game...he's just barely there. Giving the illusion of being helpful without doing much.
#198 has non-stance stance on Toaster and everybody and their grandmother had me as scum at that point, but...not much else.
#369 again only discusses players who have been main points of discussion this game day.
Oh look I did it. Lean scum read.

BSP I no longer think is mafia.
#138 interests me; I've said things somewhat like this as town before.

Typically, scum don't start wagons as it puts them in the spotlight unnecessarily. But as I've never played with ICs I don't know what would be legitimate strategies for them as either alignment.
I love #336. And #388.
So now I have BSP as a town read.

Vinyl
I like him. He's direct and, especially lately, productive.
Lean town.

I really can't make heads or tails of either Joker or Soup anymore, and I feel like Day Phase is just going to be a bad time to figure out these two, else I'll just get more behind *blush*

Town
BSP
Vinyl
Wolf (based on his responses to me I've got an iota of town on him again.)

???/Null
Joker (although I still think he's putting himself out there a good bit, the case on him is interesting and I'll be meditating on this come nightfall.)
loli/Ori_bro (welcome!)
benjy (hasn't posted enough for a read)
Sold (also hasn't posted enough for a read)
Soup

Scum
Ttar
Toast

[vote] Toast
Ttar is pretty scummy too, but Toast is at least as scummy AND a more informative lynch.
Almost a whole other day later.

Yes.

Sorry, I'm not big on walls myself, but I let myself get really behind which I shouldn't do.
This is about an hour after that, and it's the first time he actually addressed something somebody asked him, because Vinyl asked if the case he had was on Ttar, not Toaster. People have been talking about him, how he put BSP at L-2, how quiet he is, how he hasn't defended himself. He never answers. He just keeps playing from the outside as an observer.

Like I said, pretty much everyone was suspicious of me. I singled Ttar out because he hasn't contributed anything new, or definitive stances.

Also, why are we speculating on nightkills that haven't happened yet?
Not sure what prompted him to post this. Posted it about 30mins after the last one.

Benjy's pretty much completely inactive; sold had more content. Withholding judgement on Oro for now.

I did post a case on Toast, actually.
This was in response to Vinyl attempting to pressure him, and putting a vote on him.

That's literally all of his posts. Not all that sure what to make of it. Like I said, he mostly is playing as an observer, and everything he posts seems very objective. He doesn't squirm under pressure, or react to votes on him in the slightest. After looking at him this closely, I'm not really as suspicious of him as I was before. He came into the game looking scummy because of his BSP vote, but ever since then he has been almost impossible to read.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's Sunday guys. Better rap this up quick.

And Ori, if you still think I'm scum, I can claim my role right now if you really want that. That applies to everyone else.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Wtf don't claim, why would you claim? You aren't in any danger, why would you say something like that? Now mafia knows you have a power role, assuming you yourself are not mafia. Regardless of the situation, that was not a smart post. you've turned yourself into a target, when you weren't one.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
And no, this isn't some you're trying to trick me into thinking you're town with that post of yours thing.

This ain't even a you're trying to double trick me into thinking that you're town by saying that you can claim right now if you want to and then saying that you aren't trying to trick me that I'm town thing.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Wtf don't claim, why would you claim? You aren't in any danger, why would you say something like that? Now mafia knows you have a power role, assuming you yourself are not mafia. Regardless of the situation, that was not a smart post. you've turned yourself into a target, when you weren't one.
Wtf? How would someone say that scum now knows I have a power role when I didn't even claim yet?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Vinyl, in one fell swoop you have gone from being my strongest Town read to being very questionable. That was not a smart play. I can't think of any logical reason for why you'd say something like that if you were a townie.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Wtf? How would someone say that scum now knows I have a power role when I didn't even claim yet?
How can you prove your claim without a power role? You're saying you were gonna try claiming Vanilla Townie and just hope nobody doubted you? That doesn't make any sense.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You're being a little serious on this.
Sure, saying that would surely get you suspicious on things wouldn't it?
Doesn't really mean that if I claimed, that wouldn't mean that scum would now know that I'm townie, since scum knows that every one of you are. Doesn't really make sense there.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I just don't see how claiming Vanilla is supposed to prove to us that you're town either. Exactly one person has said that you might be scum at this point, and you're jumping around with talk of claiming. Claiming Vanilla Townie in that situation, just makes me think you're nervous scum, which is weird because you've been so level-headed up til now.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I know you are open to a Toaster lynch
I'm still wanting this guy alive for tomorrow, then I'll consider lynching him.
I said he's confirmed as town for toDay before, so there's no doubt that I'll be questioning him and a few others tomorrow.

Is there anyone else you have a scum read on? Your list is full of wishwash null reads. Right now I think the only person you should really have a null on is Sold2 and that's because of his inactivity.
Too hard to come out with one, all I've been reading was just too.....Idk.
I'll be re-reading them if I can, but of you're asking for another scum read, it would probably be soup.

I did gave an FoS on him anyways and I'm actually a bit glad to see private taking advantage of that.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just don't see how claiming Vanilla is supposed to prove to us that you're town either. Exactly one person has said that you might be scum at this point, and you're jumping around with talk of claiming. Claiming Vanilla Townie in that situation, just makes me think you're nervous scum, which is weird because you've been so level-headed up til now.
And I still am. The fact that you're being suspicious on me and still responding to you without hassle just means that I'm not really caring about this as I do know what I'm doing.

And not to mention you're being suspicious on me telling Ori, with reads and a few questions, as both you and I gave him a null read, that I can claim my role right now if he does want that.

That's fine, but it ain't that seriously serious. It would've been looking serious if you gave out the current reads of serin Ori as town, as well as many or some others.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Saying things like "I dun even care that you're questioning me, I just thought I might claim because a null player kinda-sorta said I was scum. That proves I'm level-headed." Doesn't really reassure me like you might think...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well, I admit that I'm a strange fellow for the moment.
You can look onto me more if you want, but today's the last day, so act.

I'll be back for more real later as it's 3:44am around here.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Technically tomorrow is the last day, because the day doesn't end until Monday 3:30pm CT (I'm also on EST, so that's 4:30pm here.) Admittedly, I will be working during the period of time on monday, so I will have to get all my Day1 stuff done in the next 24hrs. That may not be the case for everyone, however.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm still wanting this guy alive for tomorrow, then I'll consider lynching him.
I said he's confirmed as town for toDay before, so there's no doubt that I'll be questioning him and a few others tomorrow.
What does this even mean? How can someone be confirmed as town for toDay, but then on the next day you can just be like yo suspect. That doesn't sound confirmed anything to me.

And seriously claiming VT means literally nothing right now. In fact it's a bad thing to be doing. By claiming VT, you tell mafia who NOT to shoot if they're looking at hitting a power role. But of course this is all remedied by WIFOM (wine in front of me). As far as anybody knows, that's what you want the mafia to think, or maybe not etc. etc.... So it really means nothing in the end.

Anyways, I really appreciate the round-up Joker.

With regards to the Toaster lynch...
  • Toaster's response to thinking he really needed to explain something to Soup really is awkward and I'll accept that as a scumtell.
  • Him "thinking from a scum perspective" is an entirely fine thing. Trying to explain someone's actions as if they were from a scum perspective is an entirely fine way to argue alignment.
  • I really see him doing a lot of like... casually throwing suspicion onto Joker, but not actually taking a strong stance with this. And at the same time he does very little to defend himself, so it's as if he's sitting there saying "please just forget about me guys." To explain, when under pressure you can either take the reigns and explain why someone ELSE is scummier than you, or you can explain why you yourself are not scummy. Or do both! Most people appreciate the first option more though, as making a good case on someone is pretty town thing to do.
  • And then he bails, right. Again, adding to the "please forget about me" mentality. I believe sometime at the start of the game I said something about "those who try to avoid stuff" or whatever are the most scummy?
Although his panic and inactivity could be null reads, I think that those tied together alongside his defensiveness without addressing arguments and also his lack of a true case on somebody else is enough for me to feel confident in his lynch. I do think it is very likely scum.

And on the other side, we have Tonberry. Besides his initial jump on the BSP wagon, his interactions with TTar are very strange. I would characterize it of OMGUS which is an oldschool scumtell, standing for "Oh my god, you suck". Essentially it's calling someone who has voted your or suspects you are scum to be scum themselves. Because if they are scum, their logic on you doesn't hold, right? This is more of a feely-tell, as in less definitive than what's on Toaster, but it's a classic tried and true tell. It doesn't apply at higher levels of mafia because people know about it and can WIFOM it away, but at this level I think it holds some water.

I don't like Tonberry but he can live over Toaster purely because at the very least he's been more productive and isn't really avoiding anything.

vote ToasterBrains

also I'm going to a tournament today and will be tired when I get back, which will probably be midnight anyways. Meaning I won't be able to respond to anything until tomorrow morning or before I go to bed if you guys are lucky.

Let's make sure we get a lynch through before the deadline guys. No Lynch is the worst possible option, as it provides us no information and we lose a townie. Basically we gotta take every shot to lynch scum that we get.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I dunno about all the other votes but I'm pretty sure Sold2 just put Toasterbrains at L-2.

Toasterbrains (4) Benji, Soup, Tonberry, Sold2

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm waiting til the end of the day to throw my vote on him, but I'd like to keep the day going since the inactives are actually starting to talk, and I'd like to hear what they have to say before the day ends. I will be throwing my vote on him tonight though if he's still alive, since I don't want the Day to end in no-lynch, and I won't be around tomorrow afternoon. If that results in a hammer at that point, so be it.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I have a vote on toaster iirc.

if not, VOTE: Toaster he is really the only viable lynch today. I wouldn't mind looking into tonberry toMorrow.

Top Bottom