• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

BSP

Smash Legend
****, Joker's dead...

Just letting you guys know, I'll be V/LA for August 3-6 as far as elaborate posts go (WHOBO 4). I'll be able to check my phone and not fall behind, but I won't be able to delve into things deeply or anything. Just letting you all know.

I think I have a decent case on someone, but I want to see Soup's first. Going to handle this one thing at a time.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I still hold firm about my statement earlier (especially the one about impatient townies), Badwolf still sits town a bit though I've heavily got my eye on him.

#HBC | ѕoup

If you've got your eye on him, Then can your arm spare a vote?

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm gonna crack some heads soon and write down some reasoning, I'll even make a huge wall for everyone to read, it's gonna be lovely.

See you guys in 40 minutes.

#HBC | ѕoup

We might have gotten off the wrong foot with a town lynch but it's not completely out of the blue for it to happen, The only thing to look at is who was all on Toastin and their reasoning, usually there is scum that likes hopping on the easy wagons.

I want to say that I don't really feel that's the case here with Toastin, there was a bit of a scramble with some votes but players like BSP and Joker (that guy that just flipped town) have been strong reads of mine. If I had to make a reaching guess like that I would possibly say Sold or Ori; I might re-read Ori.

I'm fairly confident in this lynch today, Tonberry is a pick that's been in the back of my head and someone I want gone just for the sake of my other reads. I might not be common with newbies but I like to also lynch on connections; Tonberry will give me just that.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack~

Okay so Joker's really putting himself out there, especially since this is his first game (right?) I have a hard time seeing him do that as scum.

Question, mostly for the ICs: How long of a period would someone be lurking before it's considered proper or whatever to vote them? I come from a much slower-paced site and in my first game over there I called someone out for lurking for like three days and everyone else was like IT'S NOT LIKE THAT HERE soooo yeah j/w

quadpost all day erry day

my first impression of toaster's reaction to second vote was that it was fake-nonchalantness, but that's pretty thin.

lol, especially thin when compared to
vote: BSP
Alright, his first post doesn't have much, he's voting the common wagon and he's a got a couple of insight here and there, but the biggest tell in the whole thing is his response to me.

I actually didn't realize he was that close to lynch.
unvote

more stuff in a bit, I think
Second post, once again, not much to say here, he unvoted with the fact BSP got close to lynch, however, has anyone noticed how Tonberry has yet to vote anyone since this? I didn't think so.

'll admit that I, too, voted BSP for that "who do I vote" post. When I voted, I didn't realize I was putting him at L-2.

I'm still suspicious of toaster, but it's been a long day and I'll put a looooooot more effort into rereading tomorrow. Sorry I'm ******** tired today.
Third post, and still not understand what Ton is doing. He is highly defensive about the one accusation made, possibly hiding something. When I read Tonberry I don't get the right vibes with him, his posts are incredibly shallow and the fact by his third post he has yet to stick his neck out screams to me that he is just being careful.

His fourth post is a wall, but it's still not anything different than any other posts he made, it might be under the guise of content but there really is nothing there, there are few stances and there is still refusal to vote, one of my connections I had was that Ton was being adamant about Toastin, and by this time of his fourth post (#375), Toastin had gotten enough pressure to be a target. I felt Ton was trying to sit on his vote just for the sake of not wanting his partner lynched but trying to stay in the crowd, but since Toastin flipped town, I feel that it's merely trying hard to fit in. He asks a lot of questions, but never follows up on what he was trying to get in the first place, I honestly don't remember Ton doing anything at all up to that big post, but accordingly he's made a couple more.

#HBC | ѕoup

As I thought, a couple of more posts but literally ignoring his whole big post and the intention behind it.

This post caught my eye:

Like I said, pretty much everyone was suspicious of me. I singled Ttar out because he hasn't contributed anything new, or definitive stances.

Also, why are we speculating on nightkills that haven't happened yet?
Isn't Ttar the same guy who's wanted your lynch for some time now? Interesting.

He has one last post, and nothing new at all. I have convinced myself to believe that Tonberry only cares about appealing to players and not scumhunting, there is no effort here and Tonberry has exclaimed many things and has not acted on them, maybe he'll wake up and smell the coffee but if not I want his head in a noose.

Quick note to make as I noticed on re-read, Tonberry did vote, but guess who he voted? Toastin. He voted and had Toastin as scum for the longest time and only at the last second (this is when deadline was approaching by a day) he finally votes Toasstin. He waited that long for absolutely nothing. Opportunistic just like his last vote.

BSP

Smash Legend
Actually, what am I waiting for? I'm going to be LA for a few days, so let me get something out.

Listen while you read.

I believe Vinyl is scum.

Here's why:

Here’s the post where I initially started questioning Vinyl. Start at this post and read along until I say stop, it’ll help the case make more sense.

Here, I called him out on what I thought seemed to be a low level of activity and jumping on a weak link.

Let me start with the point about the weakest link. I thought it was pretty suspicious that Vinyl decided to start pressuring Toaster (who was already under hardcore pressure from Soup), but I became even more suspicious when he asked questions like this:

Vinyl said:
Toaster, are you town?

Really now? So you're saying that you're scum?

infact, you don't want to answer the question at all, because you think it's a trick question and proves nothing.

People, do you agree with what's he saying?
I didn’t see any point to these questions aside from making Toaster look even more scummy. The last point is interesting: it’s basically fishing for our attention. Vinyl has jumped onto a weaker player and prodded him to look even more scummy, then fished for our opinions. Again, aside from a case on soup before this, his activity had been relatively low.

Now let’s keep going. You’ll notice here that Vinyl claims that he has confirmed Toaster for town for Day 1. His reasoning is that Toaster said so… (don’t get me started on how he figured this, but notice who comments on this: Joker)

Now he makes a quad post, after I just commented on his activity. Isn’t he seeming a little jumpy? Maybe it’s just me.

Next, he says this…I don’t really know what to make of it, but it doesn’t help his case in my eyes at least.

His next post is trying to change the subject again. He begins trying to start a wagon on Loli, taking attention away from Toaster.

Now just look. Again, I think he’s pretty jumpy all of a sudden. Badwolf comments on his jumpiness too

You can stop reading along here and jump to this. Nothing of interest really happens in the gap, as far as this case goes.

So that post I just pointed you to. He’s willing to miss walls? That’s not good. You can miss important info.

Next, jump to this

Let me quote this since it’s important:

Vinyl said:
The scum night kills whoever. But I probably expect that they kill townies that are gaining a lot of suspicion towards the scum player.
Remember this.

(Look Here.)

Jumpy and rushing us a bit, don’t you think? Notice how his next vote is on the other weakest player (or at least, weakest from my little lynch wagon).

Again, Badwolf acknowledges Vinyl’s relatively low scum hunting (here) and (here)

Ori_Bro has just joined the game, and thinks Vinyl is scum (saying this) and (and this).

(Next, look here.)

I’m thinking all of that jumping around was a back door in case we started looking into this.

Once again, here, Vinyl claims Toaster is Town.

Take a good look at what he says at the bottom of that list.

Vinyl said:
Toaster lynch wagon is something I wouldn't consider doing, I'd actually rather check on him toMorrow and lynch anyone else but him. If he cant't stay Til' tomorrow and get's lynched, ton will be my scum choice.
So Vinyl doesn’t want Toaster lynched…but who hammers Toaster? Also, if he didn’t want the lynch wagon, why did he pressure toaster and fish for our votes right after? Notice who his next vote choice is: the other vulnerable player from my lynch wagon.

And then this incident. Read every post between Joker and Vinyl until you get to what I've quoted below.

Now look at what Joker says

Joker said:
Vinyl, in one fell swoop you have gone from being my strongest Town read to being very questionable. That was not a smart play. I can't think of any logical reason for why you'd say something like that if you were a townie.
Hey, you guys remember this?

Vinyl said:
The scum night kills whoever. But I probably expect that they kill townies that are gaining a lot of suspicion towards the scum player.
Who died night 1? Who had made the most reads so far into the game up until that point? Who had just started to suspect Vinyl? Detectives can't believe in coincidence (TDKR quote lol)

Alright, let’s keep going. Look Here

Once again, he says he doesn’t want toaster dead. Also, Sold2 calls him out on his lack of reads. You would expect him to have more at this point wouldn’t you?

Ok, one last point. Look here

I accidentally Hammer toaster. Look at Vinyl’s response. He has a “blank face”. I’m going to guess he didn’t want him dead, and you would too right? He’s said it a million times.

So….why does this happen then?

He hammers Toaster after claiming he’s positive he’s town at least 3 times, and leaves a blatant back door open. And notice that his next choice for vote is, once again, someone who made a mistake on my lynch wagon.

Vote Vinyl

BSP

Smash Legend
EBWOP: Guys, when I said Detective in that post, it was not a claim.

explanation below (spoilers on the dark knight rises)

In The Dark Knight Rises, Robin goes to investigate about the whole bane incident, and comes across a cement truck driver that he saw at a bank robbery. Robin says something along the lines of detectives not being able to believe in coincidences.

So yeah, not a claim.

Also, I think we should take a break from the people that sheeped onto my lynch wagon. Look where that got us. We lynched a VT and Joker's dead.

The scum could be wanting us to do this. Tonberry is the obvious next choice since he is just as vulnerable as Toaster was. I'm not ready to buy into that again right now.

I want more opinions on Vinyl. I don't trust him at all up to now.

#HBC | ѕoup

BSP's case is something to look into, though I still want to pursue my own goals.

Care to compromise BSP?

#HBC | ѕoup

You just instantly vote Tonberry like that for no reasoning what so ever? Explain.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Ok while I'm still not on a comp I do want to say this. I like both cases but they both have some weak points that I would like addressed before I consider voting. The case on vinyl is rather extensive and I would like to say a little better thought out than the Tonberry case. Right now what I would like to happen would be for the two people being pursued to actually respond to the cases.
:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Even tyran did.

As for BSP's suspicion towards me, I hammered him because yesterday, we were at risk for ending In a no lynch.

Keep on pressuring me, guys.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I know you are open to a Toaster lynch.
And there you have it. Badwolf knows that I'm open for a toaster lynch.
Most of you wanted toaster gone when I was saying he should've been saved for tomorrow.

But since time was almost up + the inactivity going on, I had to end with toast getting lynched, and I was right that he was town.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
BSP's case is something to look into, though I still want to pursue my own goals.

Care to compromise BSP?
What are you suggesting BSP to do here, Soup?
I'm fairly confident in this lynch today, Tonberry is a pick that's been in the back of my head and someone I want gone just for the sake of my other reads. I might not be common with newbies but I like to also lynch on connections; Tonberry will give me just that.
Are you lynching Scumberry or are you looking for connections from him?
If the latter, who?

Tonberry REALLY needs to get in here and answer his accusations. His lack of response right now really reflects poorly on him.

@Vinyl, so were you open to a Toast lynch while also considering him "confirmed" town? I assume this just means the strongest of your town reads. Did you ever give reasoning as to why Toast is considered that and if not would you retroactively explain your thoughts on this.

#HBC | ѕoup

A little bit of both, While I believe that's it's likely Tonberry is going to flip scum, I have a fallback for both.

#HBC | ѕoup

I want to lynch Tonberry for the sake of Ttar if you want a more straight answer, Ttar has been on Tonberry consistently this whole time and I feel that one holds scum, If Tonberry flips scum I will definitely feel better about Ttar. My thoughts.

I want to compromise with BSP for the sake that he does have a fairly interesting case and something worth looking into, but I don't know his thoughts about mine or my reads for that matter.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
@Vinyl, so were you open to a Toast lynch while also considering him "confirmed" town?
For that day, yes. I'm not saying I would lynch him after all the questions people were asking him as I did say it was ugly. He's inexperienced at this and it's probably his first time. The only easy way to confrim him as town is to ask him if he was town, which he has and I would believe that on that day.

I assume this just means the strongest of your town reads.
For that day, yes.

Did you ever give reasoning as to why Toast is considered that and if not would you retroactively explain your thoughts on this.
Nope, I only asked him and he has confirmed.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Friends birthday today i'll be around tomorrow to do a lot more. Is there anything on the table currently that I can discuss while I'm slightly available?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Okay, not much has been said. I think BSP definitely brought up good points in his post. I still think that tonberry is the most favorable lynch target for today. If tonberry flips town, i'd either go for Vinyl or BSP.

Vote: Tonberry

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Vote Count 2-2

Ori_Bro (0)
BadWolf28738 (0)
Tyranitarphantom (0)
BSP (0)
tonberry (3) Soup, Vinyl, Ori
mightbebenjamin (0)
Vinyl. (1) BSP
Soup (0)
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (5) Badwolf, Tyranitar, ton, benjy, Sold

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! Deadline: 8/10 6:50pm CT.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
@Mod, prods?

Tonberry hasn't been here in forever, and we seem to be missing a few players with the rising sun. This game can't really progress with so many of you waiting for responses on Tonberry.

Do you have a reason as for why you would probably choose vinyl or bsp next?
I second this question.

BSP

Smash Legend
Don't lynch ton yet. He's L-2 and toDay isnt close to over

And you're suspicious about me, tell me why.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
@Mod, prods?
It has not yet been 48 hours since the day has started.

btw I'd like to note that the activity rules are different than the common rules:
Activity and Deadline
1.) You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be replaced or modkilled depending on the circumstances. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will last 8 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.
There will be no prods given. If a player does not meet the 48 hour requirement, they will be replaced or modkilled.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
We might have gotten off the wrong foot with a town lynch but it's not completely out of the blue for it to happen, The only thing to look at is who was all on Toastin and their reasoning, usually there is scum that likes hopping on the easy wagons.
I like most of this, but the part about the easy wagon part. I know of scum teams that like to hit the harder players.

I want to say that I don't really feel that's the case here with Toastin, there was a bit of a scramble with some votes but players like BSP and Joker (that guy that just flipped town) have been strong reads of mine. If I had to make a reaching guess like that I would possibly say Sold or Ori; I might re-read Ori.
So, I forget, what was your read wrt Joker?

I don't like connection stuff, but if you can get scum off it I can appreciate that well enough.

Alright, his first post doesn't have much, he's voting the common wagon and he's a got a couple of insight here and there, but the biggest tell in the whole thing is his response to me.
Is his sheeping a serious problem to you?

Isn't Ttar the same guy who's wanted your lynch for some time now? Interesting.
I really like this. Good catch.

All in all a decent case. I like it well enough.

Here, I called him out on what I thought seemed to be a low level of activity and jumping on a weak link.
Low activity isn't a read. I'll accept jumping by the slimmest of margins.

I didn’t see any point to these questions aside from making Toaster look even more scummy. The last point is interesting: it’s basically fishing for our attention. Vinyl has jumped onto a weaker player and prodded him to look even more scummy, then fished for our opinions. Again, aside from a case on soup before this, his activity had been relatively low.
Bold: Are you getting on him for a loaded question?

Underline: Why do you think that scum wants our attention? Isn't that kinda detrimental?

Now he makes a quad post, after I just commented on his activity. Isn’t he seeming a little jumpy? Maybe it’s just me.
Again, activity isn't a good read. Don't rely on it.

Next, he says this…I don’t really know what to make of it, but it doesn’t help his case in my eyes at least.
Wait, so you don't know what he meant, but you know it's scummy? What?

So that post I just pointed you to. He’s willing to miss walls? That’s not good. You can miss important info.
Are you calling him out on skimming?

Let me quote this since it’s important:

Originally Posted by Vinyl
Remember this.
NK's are generally a bad thing to get reads off of. Any decent scum player can frame someone using the NK.

So Vinyl doesn’t want Toaster lynched…but who hammers Toaster? Also, if he didn’t want the lynch wagon, why did he pressure toaster and fish for our votes right after? Notice who his next vote choice is: the other vulnerable player from my lynch wagon.
He said that he was OK with a Toaster lynch, but would rather have a Ton lynch that day.

Who died night 1? Who had made the most reads so far into the game up until that point? Who had just started to suspect Vinyl? Detectives can't believe in coincidence (TDKR quote lol)
Like I said, you can't really base a good read off the NK.

Decent case, I like the Ton one better. As a suggestion, you have a lot of points that keep repeating, make one good statement about it and leave it from there. I suggest doing something smaller that has more content rather than a huge ****ing wall that says the same thing over 10 times.

Before I vote I still want Ton to respond to the case.

Allons-y~

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I read bsp's case on me.

But it looks like I haven't read hard enough to point out things that BSP said like you did Badwolf, lol.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Lol.

So yeah, looks like BSP should definitely answer to what you've said.
Right now, I'm still waiting on ton.

And my Ori read is has changed to null with teeny weeny bit of scum feel for only posting thoughts, and then voting tonberry as he agrees saying the he is most favorable lynch target.

I mean, If it's so favorable to him, then was his read on Tom was town yesterday.
If I can think right, I would say he would've been reading ton as null/scum after Ton's been reaching, as you said, wolf.

That's my opinion for now.

Top Bottom