• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Just a note for everybody. If you have anything you want to say that has been left unsaid, please post it today.

If you think you have a read on someone that we all missed DO NOT wait until toMorrow to deal with.

You could get night killed by the mafia, and it doesn't help the town for you to take information to your grave.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Its been a couple days since Toaster posted, so I'll give him until this evening to come up with a counter-argument. I wouldn't feel right putting the final nail in his coffin without giving him the opportunity to say something.

I still have a really strong scum read on Tonberry, but we can get on that tomorrow

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
^ Wtf ^ Don't do that. Post your read on Tonberry.

Just a note for everybody. If you have anything you want to say that has been left unsaid, please post it today.

If you think you have a read on someone that we all missed DO NOT wait until toMorrow to deal with.

You could get night killed by the mafia, and it doesn't help the town for you to take information to your grave.

BSP

Smash Legend
Why do you guys keep capitalizing the letter after "to" in words? IE toMorrow or toDay

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, now's not the time to wait for anything.

It seems we're got a serious consideration to lynch Toaster. I need to serious-reread because I've been lazy for a bit.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
^ Wtf ^ Don't do that. Post your read on Tonberry.
Did you not see this?

I understand you voted for Toast, as he's extremely scummy right now, but after a post like this, you're up there too.

#198 was before Soup dropped a pressure nuke on Toast's head, and Toast made himself look more scummy. #369: of course I focused on players that have been hot topics for discussion (a couple posts later, I discussed Joker too), but you hadn't gotten much attention, and I still expressed a desire for you to explain why you're not scum (something you've still yet to do).

Your argument is flimsy as hell. You didn't say a thing regarding me for the entire game, until a while after I started pointing out what makes you look scummy (which, as I said, you've done nothing to justify). Then suddenly you have a scum read on me. Clearly I'm not the only one who thinks that's mega fishy.

I also notice how despite your scum read on me, you still vote for Toast, because he's in the hot seat, and nobody would blame you, whereas you voting for me would draw a lot of attention to yourself. Pretty clever, I suppose, but I don't buy it.

How does everyone else feel about this? I know Vinyl shares my suspicion.
And he's yet to respond to this.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Why do you guys keep capitalizing the letter after "to" in words? IE toMorrow or toDay
Cuz "toDay" refers to a GameDay, whereas "today" just means an actual IRL day.
Same thing applies to toMorrow/tomorrow

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've gathered based on their usage. I sort of figured that out on my own.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
ie, when you say you'll post "tomorrow", you're assuming it will still be "toDay", but it won't. Toaster is getting lynched today. Get your reads out there.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, I reread everything that I hadn't paid attention to yet.

Toaster has this rising case against him and has still done absolutely nothing to address it. Since looking at meta is bad, I'm going to have to ignore the fact that this is his first game and say he's scum too.

vote Toasterbrains

Tonberry is still suspicious. As I said before, he did what Toaster did on the me wagon, but he jumped off and began to make some reads.

However, he still hasn't really addressed exactly what he was doing or thinking when he voted for me to begin with (correct me if I'm wrong, maybe I missed it).

And as mentioned, his little event with Ttar right now is pretty fishy.

So he's still suspicious, and who I'm going to be looking into after we're through with Toaster.

Vinyl, I have to agree with Joker about that little incident you had last page. It didn't accomplish anything except possibly placing more doubt onto yourself. You may not think it's a big deal, but I wouldn't make posts like that in the future.

And from what I'm reading, more people are starting to suspect you too.

If I didn't drop your name in this post, I'm thinking you're town for now, but that thought could change at any time if something big happens since nothing is really set in stone.

BSP

Smash Legend
EBWOP;

Assuming Joker's vote count is accurate, Ori Bro's vote puts Toaster at L-1

So in that case, I will UNVOTE just to give Toaster a little chance of possibly defending himself with his remaining time (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...again I guess), but he's probably going to get lynched regardless, and if he doesn't produce something satisfactory for me quickly, I'll just be the last vote to lynch him.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Just reread over both Tonberry and Ttar. They both have cases against each other, and both of them are perfectly reasonable suspicions. I just don't happen to agree with either of them, cuz there's nothing concrete there. It feels like they're both chasing shadows. I don't particularly read either of them as scum at this point. Neither of them have actually posted enough for the little evidence they have against one another to count for much.

Tonberry's entrance to the game is probably the strongest point against him. I don't think him pursuing Ttar means much of anything. I think he was trying to prod someone who hadn't been looked at yet, and he thought he saw something legitimate. His vote is still on Toaster instead of Ttar because he thinks Toaster is scum, not because he's going out of his way to look town. I don't find that to be suspicious. I'd be willing to buy that his vote on BSP from before was just lack of awareness.

Ttar hasn't really done anything scummy either. Tonberry thinks he's scummy because his reads were that toaster and tonberry were scummy. Thinking that scummy looking players are scummy looking, is not that unusual. To say that it's an elaborate ploy to appear town is just getting into WIFOM. I'd prefer to stay away from that.

BSP

Smash Legend
EBWOP: just to point this out since some of you may not know this

If you click on the number under the "replies" column next to this thread's title on the Decisive Games Forum page, you can see who's made posts in the thread. If you click on a name of someone in this list, you can see all of the posts they've made in the thread. Pretty handy for formulating reads.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
EBWOP;

Assuming Joker's vote count is accurate, Ori Bro's vote puts Toaster at L-1

So in that case, I will UNVOTE just to give Toaster a little chance of possibly defending himself with his remaining time (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...again I guess), but he's probably going to get lynched regardless, and if he doesn't produce something satisfactory for me quickly, I'll just be the last vote to lynch him.
You can't unvote once you hammer... He's lynched.

BSP

Smash Legend

While I didn't want to see him lynched until the last possible second (tomorrow *shrug*), I think he was fried either way. And now I know.

BSP

Smash Legend
EBWOP: ...know not to be the last vote unless I'm sure because it's instant apparently

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I was kinda wondering about that.... but the mods are taking their sweet time with that votecount update, and I assumed they'd deal with it then. I was gonna hammer him later tonight regardless, but yea....

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I just double checked my votecount, and it was accurate. Which means BSP hammered Toast, and attempted to unhammer him with that EBWOP. Obviously the mods can still make a ruling on that however they see fit, but it's looking like Toast has been lynched at this point.

Getting the lynch a little bit early is better than accidentally letting it go to "no-lynch". Not the ideal way to end to the day, but what're ya gonna do? Given how well Toaster has played so far, do you really think him giving us a list of reads would have been awesome/new information to use in the event he flips town?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
It would have been great regardless of alignment, it gives us information either way.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I suppose that's true. He went V/LA for one more day like two days ago though. I get the feeling he wasn't gonna post, and since the mods have not officially ended the day yet, and there's still the twilight phase (I think) he's still got a little window of time to do so. I wouldn't bet on it though.

BSP

Smash Legend
"Great" assuming Toaster would post something useful. Given his track record so far, I wouldn't expect it.

#HBC | ѕoup

everyone who has commented and/or viewed since the hammer are impatient townies waiting for the flip

Axel

J|Zεη
Vote Count 1-6

Ori_Bro (0)
BadWolf28738 (0)
PrivateJoker-Brown (0)
ToasterBrains (4) benjy, Soup, Sold, Ori
Tyranitarphantom (0)
BSP (0)
tonberry (2) Vinyl, Tyranitar
mightbebenjamin (0)
Vinyl. (0)
Soup (2) Toaster, PJoker
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (3) ton, Badwolf, BSP

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch! Deadline: 7/30 3:30pm CT.​

Ton's vote needs to be reformatted to count. I'm really strict about there being nothing in between 'Vote:' and the players name.

#HBC | ѕoup

Deadline is approaching. I am fine with re-votes, but hopefully Toastin drops by if he's town.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I just noticed that they missed my unvote on Soup. Since I'm getting off, gonna go ahead and throw my Toaster vote up so we don't have a no-lynch. It's not a hammer, but it's all I can do. Hopefully someone else gets on it before the Day ends.

Unvote
Vote: Toasterbrains

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
*Sigh*

Unvote
Vote: Toast

If toast flips town, I'm gonna say "Welp, you guys considered wanting him gone for D1 when I said he's confirmed town for today".
If he flips scum, then I'm dumb.

Either way, I'll be making Tom my next scum choice.

Axel

J|Zεη
Vote Count 1-7

Ori_Bro (0)
BadWolf28738 (0)
PrivateJoker-Brown (0)
ToasterBrains (6) benjy, Soup, Sold, Ori, PJB, Vinyl
Tyranitarphantom (0)
BSP (0)
tonberry (2) Vinyl, Tyranitar
mightbebenjamin (0)
Vinyl. (0)
Soup (1) Toaster
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (3) ton, Badwolf, BSP

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch! Deadline: 7/30 3:30pm CT.

A lynch has been reached! Flip incoming.​

Axel

J|Zεη
Night 1 Begins!

After what happened to Rain Drop, no pony could be trusted. The ponies spent the entire day 1 of the convention accusing each other of the murder. One pony spoke out, "I saw Coconut in the hall last night!"

"Well I was just using the Stallions room. Waita minute, what were YOU doing in the hall!?"

"Well I...I was doing the same. I was using the little Mare's room"

Something seemed off about that to the other ponies. They all turned against her.

"Well you guys do believe me don't you!?"

"GET HER!!!" Somepony shouted, and they all charged forward. It was too late before the ponies realized what they had done. Bon Bon never stood a chance...

ToasterBrains, Bon Bon, Town Vanilla, has been lynched!

Night 1 Begins! Send in all actions by 8/1 10:00pm CT!

Axel

J|Zεη
After such a horrific day, hardly any pony was able to sleep the next night. Most ponies stayed in their rooms all night, awake and afraid that what happened to Rain Drop might happen to them. When the morning came, they found that their fear was not unwarranted...

PrivateJoker-Brown, Nurse Redheart, Town Doctor, has been killed during the night!

The ponies were certain now that someone was picking them off. But who? Who would do such a thing to such sweet and innocent ponies?

Day 2 Begins!

Vote Count 2-1

Ori_Bro (0)
BadWolf28738 (0)
Tyranitarphantom (0)
BSP (0)
tonberry (0)
mightbebenjamin (0)
Vinyl. (0)
Soup (0)
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (9) Ori_Bro, Badwolf, Tyranitar, BSP, ton, benjy, Vinyl, Soup, Sold

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! Deadline: 8/10 6:50pm CT.

Top Bottom