• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG's Super Champ Combo (Sept 29-30) STOP POSTING HERE, SEE RESULTS FORUM THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm happy to announce that s-royal from Japan will be coming to Super Champ Combo :). He's been over to the 'States twice that I know of: an eternity ago for TG6 where he teamed with Captain Jack, and for NCT2 last October, where he placed 5th in singles and 5th in doubles with Manacloud.

So now we've got Mexico and Japan representation. Who's next?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
First post has been updated with info on round-robin structure and the Champ Combo Arcade.

Singles has been extended to two rounds of pools. The first will likely be 24 pools of 7-8 each. The top 4 players from each pool will advance to the next round, which leaves us with a second round of 16 pools of 6 each. The top 2, 3, or 4 will advance to the bracket. Exact numbers will be determined once we have an accurate count of attendees.

Doubles will either be 8 pools of 8 teams or 16 pools of 5-6 teams depending on signups. 32 teams at most will advance to the bracket.

We're also adding one or two TVs for a fun corner called the Champ Combo Arcade. The Arcade is an area where you will be able to compete in video game challenges to earn more raffle tickets. All the challenges are listed in the Raffle section of the first post, but will generally involve some task of moderate-to-high difficulty in a pre-selected list of games. You will only be able to play Arcade games if your pool isn't currently running. PLEASE do not hold up the tournament by playing these silly challenges :).

Groovy.

Oh, and just in case you missed my last post, s-royal from Japan is coming! He has been added to a list of VIP players expected to attend at the bottom of the first post.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Why am I not going to this -_-?

Tickets are like 300 by now aren't they haha.

This tournament better be super juicy and fun, even though I'm not going.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hey Neal, did you say that Doubles is now $25? The first post says $20.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
It's not bad. Most major tournaments are like this. MLG Anaheim last year was the same price I think.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Hey! I don't know if this has already been asked, but will there be a cap for how many people can register?? I did something really stupid. I was $50.00 away from maxing my Visa card and I decided "Oh what the heck! Let's max it!!" and I failed to realize at the moment that I needed to use my card to register. I already paid the bill, it's in the mail, but it'll be a couple days before that money comes back to my card. I'm just afraid that a day or two after registration opens, there will be TONS of people registering and I'm afraid that I might not register in time if it caps off after a certain number.

So is there a limit to how many people can register??

Oh! And will there be potato wedges again?? <----- very important

Charoo

Smash Champion
Hey! I don't know if this has already been asked, but will there be a cap for how many people can register?? I did something really stupid. I was $50.00 away from maxing my Visa card and I decided "Oh what the heck! Let's max it!!" and I failed to realize at the moment that I needed to use my card to register. I already paid the bill, it's in the mail, but it'll be a couple days before that money comes back to my card. I'm just afraid that a day or two after registration opens, there will be TONS of people registering and I'm afraid that I might not register in time if it caps off after a certain number.

So is there a limit to how many people can register??

Oh! And will there be potato wedges again?? <----- very important
Just like all the other MLG events, yes, there will be a cap. I don't know how many people can enter but I recommend every1 to enter asap so they don't get gank when they realize scc got no more spot for them =_=

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The initial cap is at 180 entrants. This can be raised if there's enough interest, but don't count on it.

Yes, it's $20 for singles and $25 per team. First post did say $20, but that has been fixed. Yes, it's more than most other SoCal tournaments, but this isn't your typical SoCal tournament :).

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
Pssh, 20$ isn't that bad, biweeklies in my town are 10$ when we get enough people to have a tourney.

Cort

Apple Head
Wow, I **** the poop out of the flying game in Twilight Princess.

Also, I'm getting atleast 10-11k in HRC using Ice Climbers. Is the glitch going to be banned? :(

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
lmao a tourny that doesn't ban IC glitch, that'd be sweet.

You'd have to be really good at setting it up and doing it to actually profit from it. Otherwise you'd keep getting flubbed grabs and crap.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Has it been determined how many people advance from pools in both doubles or singles? Or are you waiting to see how many people sign up first?

Edit - Oh, it was under Events, not Rules.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Can anyone house/pick me up from the nearest train stop near the venue by any chance? I don't really look forward to taking a train/bus trip to the venue at 6-7am in the morning. PM me or IM me at L99 at kmart.

Thanks in advance

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
I can bring a TV, a Wii and a power strip. Can't wait for this, so many good players going! Question tho, do we still need to pre-register online, or just do it when we get there?

Also, HugS, I want a $5 MM with you. Mango, you too, but against your Puff!

Charoo

Smash Champion
I can bring a TV, a Wii and a power strip. Can't wait for this, so many good players going! Question tho, do we still need to pre-register online, or just do it when we get there?

Also, HugS, I want a $5 MM with you. Mango, you too, but against your Puff!
Everyone have to register online! No exception! We will not take any registration at the door so please register online when it becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom