• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG NYC Smashfests

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
So I feel like (and a lot of others) the NYC smash scene died down abit excluding the occansional DA/EA held Guantlet series. So in my own little attempt to bring back the Smash in NYC I'll try to hold weekly smashfests if I could get the people to show for it.

Expecially with this MLG coming up I'd hate to see one of these WC ****** come here and take whats ours so NY stand up!

I just want to see what type of replies I'll get and then I'll put in the work to get'r done. Let me know NY/NJ/Conneticut and any other states that want to come through.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
killaor u know that I can help with that...PM me and we can get something going monthly and weekly if need be...I have monthly Smashfests at Parallax and Casual Fridays are turning into Smashfests weekly...Plus I got other places In BK like Next Level ( the place where gaunlet is held) so for once...im me on lightxdream and lets get something going...oh and this place on west 4th too lol

D1

Banned via Administration
Oooooooooh if we could get some fests in NYC Killa I'm definitely DOWN W/ IT!!!

I need to step my sh** up hardcore!

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Something in Queenz plz dudes. Smash hasnt died in NYC at all, it died only in Queens in general. Nothing ever goes on over here. ShlT is dead, everything goes on in BX, The city, and BK. But wtf about Queenz? lol

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Heh, i'll be down for that, and I think I can speak for the rest of my crew as well, with this post. Dying for some smashfests.

KillaOR PM me your cell number so we can set up anything else.

Let me know if you want me to PM you my number.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm definitely with Warriorknight on this one. There are smashers everywhere except for Queens. . .I'm always hauling my *** to the other 4 boroughs and beyond because there's nobody here.

D1

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I'm definitely with Warriorknight on this one. There are smashers everywhere except for Queens. . .I'm always hauling my *** to the other 4 boroughs and beyond because there's nobody here.

Lmao nuttin ever happens in Bklyn, things just got started in Bklyn, but Bklyn is dead too.

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
What if this "WC *****" wants to show up to one of these? then what?

Haha, i probably wont. But what if???
Right now I feel like all of WC can die in a fire so feel free to come >=).

Btw I'll be tryin to hold these things on weekends more towards early afternoon till whenever people leave even if its 6am.

But if people will be coming from NJ/Upstate and other places that transit is hard to get to from the CIty its gonna have to stay in the City. Sorry Queen, BX and BK ******.

If someone wants to talk to me about anything feel free to hit me up in AIM or PM me here.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well I can say this...there are 2 options....one is at a lan center and the other is at someones house...someones hosue depends on the person and people...like KF does it usually at ace&killafox house and Bum from da has some smashfests as well...Lan centers, however, there are many options as well.

First off here are some lan centers people can go to:

web2zone (Internet Cafe & Video Game Center)
54 Cooper Sq (Cafe Area)
New York , NY 10003
212-614-7300

Parallax Lan Center
224 Jericho Tpke
Mineola , NY 10003
516-873-7286

Can you reach the Next Level
5414 Ave N Between E 53 st and E 54 st Brooklyn, NY
Brooklyn , NY 11234
718 676 7002

VS Harlem Gaming Lounge
480 Lenox Ave
Between 133rd and 134th St
New York City, NY 10037
212-690-8081

I will for/with these lan centers. I also have seen events at these places and they are all equip to run tournaments and smashfests ( parallax actaully has official smashfests so that should say something.)

If you guys would like I can set something up with one of these centers for an entire night of smash. I wont lie, depending on the center the price may vary but that is just one option that would help. Also, I suggest just calling the place. See if they are willing to do an event or heck contact me and I will do it if no one feels comfortable. You got places in Manhattam, BK, Harlem , and LI...lets use them.

Duh_Remix

Smash Rookie
Yes, KillaOR, definately do this ****. I never had a cube or anything, I just manage to smash with my friends like once a week. Now that school starts and stuff, we barely ever smash. Add that in to the messup last week at web2zone, I haven't played in a while. Plus, apparently everyone thinks their respective borough has "died" in smash. I say it should be held in manhattan because it's like equal distance from all boroughs, so the BX, BK, and Queens people got nothing to complain about. It's fair for everyone.

P.S. Can we hold these on sundays, just to be different :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ya plus there is a tournament that day 2...its gonna be a great day for smash...either way like i said killaor...contact me and lets get it going...ask ace i never fail *someone brings up last friday nad he blows him up* ^^;;

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
Yes, KillaOR, definately do this ****. I never had a cube or anything, I just manage to smash with my friends like once a week. Now that school starts and stuff, we barely ever smash. Add that in to the messup last week at web2zone, I haven't played in a while. Plus, apparently everyone thinks their respective borough has "died" in smash. I say it should be held in manhattan because it's like equal distance from all boroughs, so the BX, BK, and Queens people got nothing to complain about. It's fair for everyone.

P.S. Can we hold these on sundays, just to be different :)
Sunday is "start your homework" day so nahh...I like fridays just don't lend away ur sweater again I hate waiting especially if its like an hour :mad: and ur ICs suck:)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
my friend borrowed it but I will def bring it...and thanks for understanding what happened I hope the apology helped

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
Meh...I didn't really mind aside from the waste of time waiting there cuz I still got to play smash later that night and we got our refunds and now we're getting discounts and 5 tvs so I'm good:). Besides Alex it's not your fault so you really didn't need to apologize.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
thanks...and to fenix.... the places arent a hassle to get to...the next level is where gaunlet was held nad its just far by train but close by car ( 30 mins thru queens FTW ). Also VS harlem is a good place to have as well and ParallaxLan is known by many imo...but...also foxmeister im me on aim or something lol.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Im down for this XD~ so long as its in BX,BK,or manhhaten XD~
link-ny u are a great guy...but i need to know...u came to tournies i went to and the ones i hosted...but i still dont know WHO THE HECK ARE U O.o

j.k ^^;;

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
Yea it will be in Manhattan and I'll get back to you guys on a date in like a day or 2.

Chances are I might be bringin back "The basement" if some of you were around for that :laugh:

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Oh ShlT son, this ***** said the basement, that was my first smashfest ever son. The one that Isai and captain Jack went to. That basement has mad od space, bring that ShlT back *****. Everybody will love that ShlT.

The good old days, **** i was super noob then.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
killaor let me know what u need and I can help...no gloves on me ;)...seriously...give me a shout on aim...i have ur aim name but ur not on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom