• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG NYC '06 - April 22-23 -SIGN RELEASE FORM! EVERYONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I was rootin' for Ken, but seriously, major props to PC, congrats man. Ken, don't worry about it too much, you did well. Good ish to Chu, Tink, and Isai also. Looks like we're in for a good season!

VoD didn't show the Smash finals for singles or doubles >_< It's all good though, H2 trash talk was pretty hilarious. Is there any possibility for seperate servers, H2 & Smash.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Nah. Ken's still better. He took teams, afterall. They each won half of the whole tournament. =O And Ken's won more major tournaments than PC.

PC for second? Sure. He's been winning every d@mn tournament he touches, even with Chu, Ken, Chillin, Neo, etc. there apparently.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
yea. when i was there for day 1 of ssbm, there was this one team that kept screaming during halo. at some points they werent even speaking english, they were just screaming like little girls. kinda like the leader of PMS Charlie at nationals, except she was actually talking about the game (even if she got her teammates killed ^_^)

Hi Whos' White! I played you my Jig vs ur Marth during warmups!

There will be plenty of time later in the season for rankings. as for now, lets just celebrate the biggest MLG even yet and the explosion of pro-gaming! woot! ^_^

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Um, so? Ken's still got the edge in overall accomplishments by quite a longshot. .__. I like PC a lot more and all, but facts are facts. And Ken didn't win teams only because of Isai.

PC definitely should be second now. The way he performed at MLG in both teams and singles proves this.

JFox

Smash Hero
Congrats PC. Just curious- who knocked Chudat into the losers bracket?? What other players besides Ken did PC play in the smash power ranking in order to make it to the top?

And where are the full results? Can someone link me?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
PC beat Chu with Fox, then Chu forfeitted to Ken so Chu got 3rd.

PC vs Ken was like this. Ken had to win 4 matches since PC won the first set (which was 3-2), and PC had to win 3 matches. It was taken to the very last match of the Finals when PC won.

PC used Falco the entire tourney as far as I know, except Fox all the way vs Chu.

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm back home - matches will start going up on VoD over the next few days - if you were watching live, you got live commentary durring the matches.

OopSeong

Smash Rookie
Tope said:
Tope + KDJ = 9th in teams :)

Banned Yoshi Pipes = Reason we lost :(
Good **** Tope, you guys were lookin' real good in that first match v. Neo and Chillin thought you had em.

JUuuuust missed the money >_<

Kaiser-GL

Smash Journeyman
Tope said:
Tope + KDJ = 9th in teams :)

Banned Yoshi Pipes = Reason we lost :(
Kaiser+Chinesah=pretty low in teams :)

Players with greater amounts of skill= reason we lost :(

The Other Wind

Smash Apprentice
lord knight, what happened? I thought it was gonna be "you and zang" in the brackets. instead it was raptorhawk and zang, LOL. hey i didn't make it either but at least i wasn't talking **** within earshot of the other ppl in our pool. anyway, ur good, u beat me, just letting off some steam

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Yar, just got back from this thing, I'll post a bit once the results thread appears?

Pyro got 9th btw, meaning he's pro now :D
Still only a spot away from money + travel stipend, but better than nothing.

And congrats to PC, Ken, Chu, and Tink. PC, too good. Ken, you'll get him next time. Tink, MW ftw.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
The Other Wind said:
lord knight, what happened? I thought it was gonna be "you and zang" in the brackets. instead it was raptorhawk and zang, LOL. hey i didn't make it either but at least i wasn't talking **** within earshot of the other ppl in our pool. anyway, ur good, u beat me, just letting off some steam
I was one game off from that, but oh well. Dumb decisions and stuff made that happen but no johns. I just got to learn the stages better when people counterpick strange stages (Poke Floats wtf? :laugh: ).

Shoutouts to come because there are too many people. :O

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Silly patriotic americans, making this whole thread a flame fest over BS/PC and WC/EC >__<

Good **** to everyone, I had a great time watching it on VoD, altho it was 95% halo2 >_<

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Helios... did you like the commentary during the smash matches? What did you think?

Dopey

Smash Lord
JV commentary when isai and chu were playing "oh i bet isais happy with that one!" LMFAOMFOAMFA

JV is too good! =p

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
At first, it was a bit annoying, it made it harder to focus on the actual match. This was mainly for teams, though.
Later on, during NEO vs Ken for instance, it was actually quite good, and Isai vs Chu was great.
Although I do believe it would be good to have a side commentator that actually knows what the players are doing, with Isai pulling off crazy shine thingies heh ^_^

All in all, it was quite good, after you've gotten used to it ;)

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I cant wait to hear the commentaries cuz I never thought it was possible to catch up with the fast pace of SSBM, but they got the job done. Good sh*t to the commentators!

Too bad winning 1st place meant shi*t in the amateur tourney lol. Me and M2K are 1-1...time to settle the score in Dallas.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I'm glad you liked Neo vs. Ken... I thought husband and I did pretty stinkin well with that one. I'm scared to watch the archived matches though cause I know I'm gonna hear all the things I did wrong and beat myself up over it. I guess that's alright though cause I'll be able to improve for Dallas. Glad people liked it. Jv and I will continue to be the main commentators, with pro players filling the "second seat" whenever they're available. I *almost* got Ken to do a match with me, but he had to go play a tournament match so we weren't able to. Next event though, I'll be sure to get Ken and PC in at least once, even if it's just for a quick interview.

Wife

Smash Lord
As I was doing it I was worried that some smashers might find it annoying, but I hope it entertained some people -- I did the best I could.

But also remember, this was a big hit with the Halo players. To them it was a huge huge improvement being able to know what was going on and why matches were interesting. Bridging the gap i think is a really good thing, and it's esp. important when halo's are watching vod live and smash interrupts their halo.

And also, it was really fun to do.

See ya in dallas.

D1

Banned via Administration
Wooo! I had a great time @ the tourney and there were sooooooooooooooooooooo many ppl there that I have to shoutout so I can't put all you guys here all at once, all I could say is to everyone I played and talked to-you're in my "cool book" so *pound* to all you chill n199az from the West Coast all the way to the East Coast I love you all ^_^.

Grats to PC taking 1st, me, Dire, and Chillin were the cheerleaders for the matches vs. Ken XD. It was too fun, then M3D comes in ey ey ey..."Make sure there are no personal stsbs, curses, etc." (Later on PC loses a stock) GOSH DARNIT GOLLY GEE WILLICKERS! FIDDLE STICKS! RAINBOWS LOLLIPOPS (and so on). It was too good!

Grats to Ken and Isai taking teams, now PC and Wes are the 2nd team in history after Taj and Forward to take a team set from Ken and Isai pushing them to losers...due to the new rules (which some ppl hate and love) they managed to make a comeback...and then aka Chillin's nice impersonation of "blank" "You guys have two more matches then you win...(Ken and Isai win one) "blank" comes back "Oh just kidding it was one hehe ^_^."

Disclaimer: hopefully anyone who takes this as offensive we were just joking so don't get mad at us please. ^_^.

Hmm....other than that big thanks to M3D and Bach for all the effort they put into getting the new season of MLG for smash off to a big start. With a pretty big tournout as well...did we have more smashers here than FC3? Oh yeah last but not least playing Smash w/ Bach, M3D, and other random smahsers that jumped in was good times as well.

Darnit and lastly high five to Isai you're cool in person and crazy and wild when u play smash (melee) seeing you in SSB is crazier. (Dire: "This is where Isai is truly happy when he's playin SSB.")

Ok mega darnit (how gay does that sound) propz to M2K for tryin his best I was rootin for ya (at times). I guess that counts for something : )

Edit: Big sry to Tetra for makin us get into losers automatically but it was Dave and Zang so who knows what woulda happened >_>...but yeah good sh** when we were in losers *shakes fist @ Tink + Gabe" :)

FAVE MOMENT: Playing smash w/ Sock and hearing MEGA LOUD ROCK MUSIC...INTRODUCING SKULL SPLITTER! *CROWD SCREAMS* *RANDOM SMASHERS YELLING YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* OMFG IT WAS THE BEST!!!!

2nd FAVE MOMENT: Hearing Halo players get propz from some loud guy on a mic, then crowd cheers and I proceed to go, "BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! SHADDAP!"

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Sadaharu Inui said:
What did a lucky bye and miraculously beating Comp and Philly in teams place Lord Knight and I at? XD 12th or something?

Luck had nuthin to do with it. You guyz beat us fair and square, I made a stupid decision and paid for it - taken out of teams.

Revenge will be ours soon enough...see ya at the nex tourny...

ps....DIRE DIDNT I CALL IN HARLEM...PC WAS WINNIN THIS ISH....Im proven correct AGAIN!

so Comp is handsome and a psi-kick....anybody need mega millions numbers?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom