• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG NYC '06 - April 22-23 -SIGN RELEASE FORM! EVERYONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
NYC FINALIZED!!!! April 22st-23rd

http://www.mlgpro.com/mlgevents/files/2006MLGRelease.pdf <------- RELEASE FORM!

REGISTER ONLINE AT http://www.mlgpro.com/register/home.php?cat=3

http://www.mlgpro.com/news/MLG_New_York_-_The_2006_Kickoff_Classic/1.html

Meadowlands Exposition Center
355 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Phone: (201) 330-7773
Fax: (201) 330-1172

HOTEL INFO~!

MLG NY Hotel Options

Holiday Inn -- **BOOKED OUT**
(www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/hmnnj)
300 Plaza Drive Secaucus
Distance from Venue: 2 Blocks
201-348-2000
Room Rate: $129.00 -----Cut Off: April 7th

Amerisuites -- **ALMOST BOOKED OUT**
(www.amerisuites.com )
575 Park Plaza Drive Secaucus
Distance from Venue: 1 Block
201-422-9480
Room Rate: $119.00 -----Cut Off: April 7th

Marriott Courtyard
(www.marriott.com/property/propertypage/EWRSE)
455 Harmon Meadow Blvd Secaucus
Distance from Venue: 2 Blocks
201-617-8888
Room Rate: $149.00 -----Cut Off: April 7th

Crowne Plaza Meadowlands
(www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hd/nycmd)
2 Harmon Plaza Secaucus
Distance from Venue: 1 Mile
(One mile from Expo Center with free shuttle)
201-348-6900
Room Rate: $129.00 -----Cut Off: April 7th

Say you are with Major League Gaming when making your reservations.

Guys/Girls, I know we say this everytime we post hotel info, but this time I can not stress enough: BOOK ASAP. End of March to May is peak tourist time in the NY area and the hotels in the Secaucus area are the prime lodging options for bus tours to the city. These rooms will NOT last.

PRIZE MONEY

http://www.mlgpro.com/news/2006_Boost_Mobile_MLG_Pro_Circuit_Prize_Breakdown/1.html

SINGLES

------Regular---Playoffs--- National Championship
1st---$2,000----$5,000----$10,000
2nd---$1,200--- $3,000----$5,000
3rd---$800------ $2,000 -- $3,000
4th---$500------$1,250
5th---$300------ $750
6th---$200-------$500
7th---$150------- $375
8th---$125--------$300

DOUBLES

------Regular------Playoffs--- National Championship
1st---$2,000------- $5,000-----$10,000
2nd--$1,200-------- $3,000-----$5,000
3rd---$800---------- $2,000----- $3,000
4th---$500-----------$1,250
5th---$300---------- $750
6th----$200--------- $500
7th----$150---------$375
8th----$125---------$300

SEASON POINTS LEADER
(Individual who finishes the season with the most total ranking points)

SSBM Points----$4,000

RULE PACKET

General Rules and Regulations

1. During the Pro tournament, all players must register a 1-4 digit tag. If they wish to wear a tag during the game they must use their registered tag, otherwise they may not use one.
2. During scheduled warm-up periods the winner stays and the loser must get up.
3. If a player or team doesn't show up on time for their match, they will be given a 5 minute grace period before it will go down as a forfeit.
4. In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.
5. A staff member will record each game's results so no reporting of scores by players is necessary.
6. All decisions made by tournament officials are final.
7. Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.
8. Spectators may not communicate with a player while he or she is competing. Breaking this rule will result in a warning. A second violation will result in ejection of the spectator and forfeit of the game.
9. Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the rankings/brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.
10. Any other sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Controllers

1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Amateur Events

1. The Amateur Singles event will start with Pool Play. All participants will be randomly separated into 16 pools from which the top 2 will advance to the bracket.
2. The Amateur Doubles event will consist of Pool Play only. All teams will be randomly separated into 8 pools from which the top 2 teams will advance to the Pro bracket.
3. Each player/team will play 2 games against all other players/teams in their pool. Scores will be recorded and used to rank players for the Elimination Bracket. Any ties for advancing positions will be broken by a single tiebreaker game.
4. For each game of a pool play match, the stage will be selected at random from the list of Random Select stages. Each player can eliminate 1 stage from the list of possibilities.
5. The Amateur Singles bracket will be a best of 3 games series, double elimination bracket.
6. Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
7. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.
8. Items will be turned off.

Professional Events

1. The Pro Singles and Doubles brackets will be best of 5 games series, double elimination brackets.
2. Players/teams eliminated via round 5 or 6 of the Losers Bracket will play 1 match to determine their exact 5th-8th placement.
3. Players/teams will be seeded for their brackets based on MLG rank points.
4. Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
5. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.
6. Items will be turned off.

Stage & Character Selection

1. The higher seed has first choice for their seat and controller port.
2. The first round stage is selected by random.
3. Random select stages limited to: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
4. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay
6. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams.
7. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom and Yoshi's Island 64
7. No stage may be used twice in a single match. The random select stages are the only stages that may be used more than once in a best of 11 series.
8. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the match. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be knocked out.
9. After each game of a match, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
10. For the first game of a match, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.
11. During Professional events, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a match. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.
12. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Pro Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 11, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. The loser of the first series will choose the stage for the first game and players may call for a double-blind pick before any game throughout the best of 11.
13. If the players/teams meeting in the Championship Match have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins first match, another match must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

Other Rules & Special Issues

1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
4. During the Professional event, players may designate a coach before the start of the match. This coach may not instruct the player during actual game play, but can be consulted for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not meet with their coaches.
5. For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON
6. For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed

Schedule

Saturday
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Sign-In / Warm-Up
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Amateur Doubles Pool Play
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Amateur Doubles Bracket
3:00 PM - 7:00 PM Amateur Singles Pool Play
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Amateur Singles Bracket

Sunday
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Sign-In / Warm-Up
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pro Doubles Bracket
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Pro Singles Bracket

Pro and Semi-Pro players MUST register a 1-4 letter tag unique to them if they want to use a tag during matches. We ask you to use one for the sake of Video on Demand taping, but we do not require you to use one. The following are the current tags as I assume will be used and the list of people that must get them to me by the first event. Once you reserve your tag no one else will be able to use it, so get it posted in this thread. Bach and M3D will try to keep the list updated.

Pro Ranked Players

1. Ken - TAG: Ken
2. Chu Dat - TAG: Chu
3. Isai - ?
4. Azen - TAG: Azen
5. Husband - TAG: Man
6. Pc Chris - TAG: PC
7. KillaOR - TAG: KILA
8. Neo - ?
9. Oro - TAG: Oro
10. Rob$ - TAG: Rob$
11. Eddie - ??
12. Darkrain - ??
13. DieSuperFly - ??
14. Caveman - ??
15. Chillin - ??
16. KrazyJones - ??

Semi-Pro Ranked Players

17. Zelgadis - TAG: Zel
18. Vidjogamer - ??
19. Kei - ??
20. Drephen - ??
21. KishSquared - TAG: 2
22. Arash - ??
23. Joe Bushman - ??
24. ManaCloud - TAG: Mana
24. Hugs - TAG: Hugs
24. Tavo - TAG: tavo
24. KishPrime - TAG: 1
24. Wife - TAG: Wife
24. Zulu - TAG: Zulu
31. Bob$ - TAG: Bob$
32. Mike G - ??
32. CloudSquall - ??
32. Joshu - ??

Those are your Pro and Semi-Pro ranked players going into the first event of 2006. All other players will have to wait to register their tag until they earn a spot in the pro bracket. Everyone who qualifies on Saturday for the Pro bracket will register a tag for the next day and the rest of the season.

Mav

Furries For The Win
Regular Season Event #1 - New York April 21 - 23
Free Player Movement Period April 24 - May 1
Restricted Player Movement Period May 2 - May 20

So which of these dates are for Smash?

defsithe

Smash Ace
if im not mistaken the free movement and the restricted movement is for halo cuz they switch teams and stuff. the regular season events is the date u want

Mav

Furries For The Win
This is a list of all the events going on for Meadowlands Expo Center (Taken from the Meadowlands Expo Center official website)

Mar 10-12
Sports Memorabilia Show www.tristarshows.com

Mar 18-19
Market Pro Computer Show & Sale www.marketpro.com

Mar 18-19
Franchise Expo

Mar 22
White Rose Spring Food Show

Mar 24-26
Beneath the Sea www.beneaththesea.org

Mar 31-Apr 1
Awards & Recognition Association Show www.ara.org

Apr 5-6
MAA-Men’s Apparel Association Show

Apr 15
Market Pro Computer Show & Sale (1 Day Only)

www.marketpro.com

May 8
Jewish Fundraising Expo 2006 has been rescheduled to:
**May 8, 2006**

May 11-13
The Millionaire Mind Incentive

May 21-22
International Hair Show

May 27-28

Jun 3
CFA Exam (Registered Applicants Only!)

(PRIVATE)

Jun 10-11
The Salvation Army Cadet Graduation

(PRIVATE)

Jun 16-18
AnimeNEXT 2006 www.animenext.org

Jun 24-25

I don't see MLG anywhere on that list.

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maverick said:
This is a list of all the events going on for Meadowlands Expo Center (Taken from the Meadowlands Expo Center official website)

Mar 10-12
Sports Memorabilia Show www.tristarshows.com

Mar 18-19

Mar 18-19
Franchise Expo

Mar 22
White Rose Spring Food Show

Mar 24-26
Beneath the Sea www.beneaththesea.org

Mar 31-Apr 1
Awards & Recognition Association Show www.ara.org

Apr 5-6
MAA-Men’s Apparel Association Show

Apr 15
Market Pro Computer Show & Sale (1 Day Only)

www.marketpro.com

May 8
Jewish Fundraising Expo 2006 has been rescheduled to:
**May 8, 2006**

May 11-13
The Millionaire Mind Incentive

May 21-22
International Hair Show

May 27-28

Jun 3
CFA Exam (Registered Applicants Only!)

(PRIVATE)

Jun 10-11
The Salvation Army Cadet Graduation

(PRIVATE)

Jun 16-18
AnimeNEXT 2006 www.animenext.org

Jun 24-25

I don't see MLG anywhere on that list.

MLG just confirmed it today! Give the venue a chance to update thier website.... LoL

And Smash is Sat and Sunday.

D1

Banned via Administration
**** a 2 day event? Sounds like I'll be available for only Saturday when do these things usually start/end?

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I'm assuming Saturday is singles/teams for the non pros and Sunday is for the pros? If not please correct me, cause I need to plan for these events asap.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Yes, Saturday is the Amateur event. Sunday is the Pro event. People already ranked in the top 16 will be automatically placed into the Pro event if they preregister online. Failure to preregister will mean you will be required to play through the Am event on Saturday. Details to come this week.

KM-013

Smash Lord
me fleur and g-reg all contracted some sort of cold/flu simply going through new jersey on our way to cataclysm and we prolly infected hugs. true story.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
KM-013 said:
me fleur and g-reg all contracted some sort of cold/flu simply going through new jersey on our way to cataclysm and we prolly infected hugs. true story.
lol then he took it back to cali and the whole WC probably has it now

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
<-- Bobert NOT WHITEMAGE!!!

OmegaWhiteMage and Bobert will definatly be attending

I (bobert) will just be going to watch, but OmegaWhiteMage will be entering.

Quick Question, I'm sure they are, but to just to be sure, are professional still camers allowed at the event. Also, are you allowed to use a flash? Thanks

Enjoy this pic:

Actually, I hardly know the guy, but the pin was too funny to pass up. And no, I'm not gay.

Eric the Lone

Smash Journeyman
lol, at least jersey city was right across the water from NYC. secaucus is kinda pushing it, lol

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
KM-013 said:
I got a stomach virus for the ride back to DE, then I got a bacterial infection right afterwards!
New Joisey sucks it!

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
g-regulate said:
lol then he took it back to cali and the whole WC probably has it now
I didn't go to any tournies when i got back, so only my direct family has it.

Gabe **** like 20 times this morning.

Anyways, I'm gonna be heading out to this. Hopefully we'll hear the prize breakdown soon enough.

Husband

Smash Lord
Myself along with all of Team Ben will be arriving Sunday morning due to the fact that we are all "Pro" Players. We wouldnt be caught playin those "animals" on saturday. LOLOLOLOLOL

g-regulate

Smash Hero
good one husband?

myself and some of TA will be stepping it up for this. hopefully we'll have what it takes by then!

Sensei

Smash Lord
KM-013 said:
Fleur de Lis said:
I got a stomach virus for the ride back to DE, then I got a bacterial infection right afterwards!
New Joisey sucks it!
The reason you guys got sick is because your immune system has not adapted to the area. New Jerseyeans are used to it :psycho: :laugh: Isai is an exception , lol. BTW I will do my best to attend this event. Just to make sure, if I place top 16 in the amature event, do I qualify for the pro event?

Watty

Smash Lord
watty smells an MLG appearance Do you know why?!?!?!?!

Watty got a hundred guns, a hundred clips, Wattys from New York
Watty got a semi-automatic that spits next time if you talk :uzi:
Watty got a hundred guns, a hundred clips, Wattys from New York
Watty got a semi-automatic that spits next time if you talk :uzi:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

who is dis doin dis?

:bluejump: :samus:
^^^^^^^
thats who

purple birdy gang
throw up!
blahhhh!!!!!!!!

Tinkster

Smash Apprentice
i wanted to know if anybody could house me/pick me up from the airport on the 21st?!?!? i could pitch in for gas money.

also, is there a shuttle that goes from the event to the airport?

thanks in advance.

cava

Smash Ace
Is there a list of the players who are currently in the "pro" tournament already? Isn't it like 16 players or maybe 32. I was just curious to see who was on it.

Sol

Smash Lord
so amuture players have to rank in the top 16 to enter the pro tourney on sunday?

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm wondering how this works as well.. I didn't see mention on the MLG site regarding how the prize money worked or what amount was being given out on the faq page. Is this MLG event going to be run like Chicago in that the prelim event simply gets a few players into the "pro" status event, where the actual prize money event takes place; or is it possible to win money at the amature event as well, making the event essentially a seperate tournament with lower cash prizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom