• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG NYC '06 - April 22-23 -SIGN RELEASE FORM! EVERYONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Actually you guys are judging wrong about bs. You can't judge at all actually. I spoke to jack about masashi last weekend and if he retired or not. He said he didn't he just doesn't play much. In that sense he said he retired to since he only plays in tournaments or free play before a tourney at the hosts and such. But he's still awesome when he plays. Same goes for masashi he says and in that way he says masashi did not retire. You can look at it the same way regarding bombsoldier. He's probably still mad good. However america must have gotten better and maybe they got better then the japanese players. You can only test that in a tourney when facing them though and thus all this talk about who is better is irrellivant. You can only see that in a actual tourney. Thats the system we use and thats the one we should follow. Now quit arguing about pc being better or worse cause it leads to nothing.

Mad Props to PC btw for winning and good job to the ken for 2nd and chu for 3d place to ^^

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
Redd said:

WTF happened to Chillindude?
Who's Chillindude? A random friend of yours?
You can't expect your nobody friends to place well in major tournaments. They need experience.

>_>

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........

*faints* X_X

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Ryuker said:
Actually you guys are judging wrong about bs. You can't judge at all actually. I spoke to jack about masashi last weekend and if he retired or not. He said he didn't he just doesn't play much. In that sense he said he retired to since he only plays in tournaments or free play before a tourney at the hosts and such. But he's still awesome when he plays. Same goes for masashi he says and in that way he says masashi did not retire. You can look at it the same way regarding bombsoldier. He's probably still mad good. However america must have gotten better and maybe they got better then the japanese players. You can only test that in a tourney when facing them though and thus all this talk about who is better is irrellivant. You can only see that in a actual tourney. Thats the system we use and thats the one we should follow. Now quit arguing about pc being better or worse cause it leads to nothing.

Mad Props to PC btw for winning and good job to the ken for 2nd and chu for 3d place to ^^
Before my statement spirals this thread off course and out of control like an unmanned aerial aircraft (like a lot of threads I post in tend to), let me assert that my original comment, however hyperbolic and tactless it may have been, is obviously my very biased opinion making this current tangent as a whole completely irrelevant.

Let's just drop this and celebrate PC's awesome accomplishment.

PC, I haven't had the chance to meet you yet so all I can scream is:

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Syn

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
*pounds* all around, especially to the chill peeps TA hung out with all weekend. Marcus, PC, Shieldz, KoreanDJ, HugS, and Warrior of Zarona should all just succumb to the TA fever and join TA. lol. but seriously, you're all tight peeps so *pound*.
I'm sure I forgot people, but no worries, you're cool too, so *pound*.

bleh anyway, TA had a rough time in NJ, from difficulty getting setups in our hotel room, to no sleep Friday night, then to Aho's car breaking down Sunday morning and causing three TA teams to almost forfeit the first match. but, we'll be back for blood I think, at some point. KM still hasn't been unleashed upon the world, but that will happen eventually.

well, I'm out. Peace all.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
im sorry for bringing up bombsoldier
foxandfalco said:
YEA, PC IS TOO GOOD FOR KEN YO

EEFFFF BBBOOOMMMMBBBSSSOOOLLLLLDDIIIIEEERRR
american falcos <3
:cry:

sry for starting the hate

Dopey

Smash Lord
"Originally Posted by SynikaL
American Falcos still pale in comparison to Bomb. Sorry" -Syn

umm then why did PC beat ken this weekend? oh thats right because japanese falcos still pale in comparison to american falcos.

GOOD **** PC WINNING SINGLES!!! <3<3<3

as expected, ken and isai are still too good for teams =) nice job guys

TINK WTF YOU SILLY MAN I LOVE YOU noiiiiiiice on teh 4th!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
EDIT: Just saw your last post, Syn. I'm in agreement with you on all counts. Congrats to PC.

SynikaL said:
Who the h3ll are you?
What does that matter? If you really don't know, you can ask pretty much anyone that goes on the hub ever.

You're the one that doesn't know WTF they're talking about. Unless you can prove otherwise, it's widely percieved that Masashi is the one that quit Smash for the GG series.
My sources say they both did. If BS shows up to S-Royal's tourney, then I'll be wrong, and I'll admit to it.

EXACTLY, why I stated what I did (and also makes your argument as a whole, irrelevant)
Really? "American Falcos still pale in comparison to Bomb." Tell me how ANYONE would interpret that message as meaning "It's useless to compare X 8 months ago to Y today."

What do you know about Bomb's accomplishments outside of what was handed to you by Captain Jack -- in other words -- what do you know about Bomb outside of his accomplishments at JGT? Oh wise and sagacious one, will you please enlighten me?
Since you made the initial claim, I trust you have something to back it up with?

But anyway, Kei (Takagi) occasionally posts about tourneys in Japan. Here's one.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1170535#post1170535

Note that Masashi showed up to this tourney too even though he "quit Smash." So who knows about BS.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Dopey said:
umm then why did PC beat ken this weekend? oh thats right because japanese falcos still pale in comparison to american falcos.
I'd wager that PC is a better player than Bombsoldier. Doesn't necessarily make him a better Falco in my eyes. Anyways, I'm deleting these posts before this **** gets out of control.

-Syn

SynikaL

Smash Lord
HyugaRicdeau said:
Really? "American Falcos still pale in comparison to Bomb." Tell me how ANYONE would interpret that message as meaning "It's useless to compare X 8 months ago to Y today.".

I'll concede that point. Let's drop it.

-Syn

Dopey

Smash Lord
syn you shouldnt have said anything to start. saying a 15 year old is a better falco than people who actually have some experience, is just plain ignorant. best delete them posts =)

silverdragon

Smash Apprentice
NJ'zFinest said:
ok, no since M2k lost to Neo...AGAIN, he better not start **** with neo...again
Apparently M2K's cool now!!!!!

lol. these smilies are amazing. thanks queen.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Dopey said:
best delete them posts =)

Actually...no.

I'm a person that likes to stand by his opinions. If other people want to undermine PC's accomplishment by using this thread as a springboard to flame me, even though I stated I'd like to drop the subject after the fact...

Fvck em'.

-Syn

Aesis

Smash Ace
trademark0013 said:
yes. falco x > falco y doesnt matter. only thing is PC > Ken
and East > all
It's funny how one tournament automatically makes PC better than Ken.

That is so trippy, seeing as Ken has placed first in so many more major tourneys, and has proven himself time and time again that he is the best Smasher in the world. I love how EC fan boys can go off and assume things based on one tourney,

Ken is the best. Get it into your head.
If he loses to PC again, maybe I'll withdraw that statement, but for the time being,

Ken > all.

and WC > EC.

Duh.

nookrulz

Smash Ace
I'll go with Ken > all, with PC @ 2 now.
I'll strongly disagree with WC>EC, though. If Chu insists on being WC despite his location, then it's even. If he counts as EC, then it's as strong toward EC as ever (see: FC3 crew battle, 2005-06 MLG championships crew battles).

_milktea

Smash Lord
Alright guys, let's not argue about this; that would be ridiculous.

Instead of automatically claiming players to be better than others, why not congratulate PC, and Ken, and the remaining players who placed well. In fact, good job to EVERYONE that even entered. And KoreanDJ (I<3youasian!) who went undefeated in the Amateurs.

Congrats to you all :]. You ALL did fantastic <3.

NeoNXToshiro

Smash Journeyman
Alright alright.

Just because the WC has the best smasher in the world does not mean WC > EC.

Yes, Ken is the world's best smasher. He just happened to lose at a tourney. Can't win 'em all.

EC still holds the crown as best region.

Ken > All.

EC > WC.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
_milktea said:
Alright guys, let's not argue about this; that would be ridiculous.

Instead of automatically claiming players to be better than others, why not congratulate PC, and Ken, and the remaining players who placed well. In fact, good job to EVERYONE that even entered. And KoreanDJ (I<3youasian!) who went undefeated in the Amateurs.

Congrats to you all :]. You ALL did fantastic <3.
She speaks the truth.

nookrulz

Smash Ace
Where are your excuses for the MLG crew battle? You can't say your best players weren't there, since they only got invited. You can't say that you had a stock disadvantage, since EC had to forfeit 12.

And on the topic of FC3: Azen was not the last player for EC, if you watch closely. EC still had a player left for after Azen. And if you're complaining about suicides, how about Chillin's last stock against SAS?

Sorry I just ripped through your excuses.
My bad.

Until the next time EC pwns WC again, I'll say what can be backed up with facts:

EC>WC.

<3

silverdragon

Smash Apprentice
Aesis said:
I think it's kind of naive to assume that EC > WC just because of FC3.

If you watch closely the last match was Azen's Marth vs DSF's Sheik.

If I'm not mistaken DSF suicided twice, whether that's a john or not I don't care,
I'm pretty sure if DSF was playing like he usually plays (since he beats KEN's Marth with his Sheik)
WC would have most definitely won.

Obviously, I'm sure DSF felt like **** after suiciding twice and playing like **** during that battle, but it was obvious he wasn't having a great Smash day. How can you say that EC > WC when we really had it in the bag if not for silly DSF's chain up b recovery and fcked up WD to ledge?
Wait...you think that DSF could've take both Azen and KM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom