• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG NYC '06 - April 22-23 -SIGN RELEASE FORM! EVERYONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
The Halo brackets have been up since yesterday. I don't understand why the Smash amateurs brackets haven't been posted yet. Really lame... :ohwell:

nookrulz

Smash Ace
Helios said:
Ken and Isai beat M2k and Eddie, then proceeded to beat Neo and Chillin in Winners Semifinals, if I'm not mistaken.
Who are the other finalists? Who are NEO and Chillin playing in losers? Who was notably absent from qualifying for singles?

dcx1287

Smash Lord
I heard from certain sources that KoreanDJ got 1st in the amateur singles bracket, defeating Mew2King who I believe got 2nd.

Don't take it as a fact yet until others have confirmed.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I heard it was KDJ vs Zang in finals, m2k 3rd and wes 4th
I guess we'll find out when MLG decides to post results on their website.

As for teams:

PC and Wes just defeated Ken and Isai!!

PC and Wes now in final finals!

_milktea

Smash Lord
dcx1287 said:
I heard from certain sources that KoreanDJ got 1st in the amateur singles bracket, defeating Mew2King who I believe got 2nd.

Don't take it as a fact yet until others have confirmed.
Wrong. I'm positive it's KoreanDJ vs. Zanguzen.

nookrulz

Smash Ace
Helios said:
PC and Wes just defeated Ken and Isai!!

PC and Wes now in final finals!
looks like they're defending their home turf. Who's facing Ken and Isai in losers? Chillin/NEO or somebody who stormed through losers?

AMATEUR RESULTS: http://www.mlgpro.com/mlgevents/disp_tournament.php?id=32
winner's bracket was complete by the time I posted, losers might be done by when you read it. Auto-qualifiers from winner's results were M2K, Jblaze, g-reg, Koreandj, tetra, jinx, chinesah, pyro, vist, dave, wes, tink, unknownforce, zang, kirbstir, and razorium.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Well as I said I only "believed" Mew2King got second. All I heard from my source was that KDJ beat Mew2King and KDJ got 1st. I guess that turned out to be true at least.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
no. it was definately KDJ and Zeng in the finals
You didn't read what I said. I said that KDJ beat Mew2King, which is true (in the semi-finals), and that KDJ got 1st, which is also true.

I'm not claiming that Zang wasn't in the finals vs KDJ. I realized he was after milkteak pointed it out.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
It would seem that KDJ, Zang, M2K, Wes, G-Reg, JBlaze, Aho, unknownforce, Pyro, Javier, Razorium, Kirbster, Comp, Tink, tetra, and Chinesah all made it out of the Amateur Singles bracket.

It also looks like Hugs, ManaCloud, Wife, and Hayato were upgraded to the Pro Singles bracket, because Azen, Darkrain, DSF, and KrazyJones didn't show.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
It would seem that KDJ, Zang, M2K, Wes, G-Reg, JBlaze, Aho, unknownforce, Pyro, Javier, Razorium, Kirbster, Comp, Tink, tetra, and Chinesah all made it out of the Amateur Singles bracket.

It also looks like Hugs, ManaCloud, Wife, and Hayato were upgraded to the Pro Singles bracket, because Azen, Darkrain, DSF, and KrazyJones didn't show.
Quick question. Let's say Azen, Darkrain, DSF, and Krazyjones did show up. How would Hugs, manacloud, wife, hayato, etc. make it into the pro bracket? Would they have to play in the amateur pools and get top 16 in the amateur bracket?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Go PC Chris and Wes! East Coast!

I watched that whole set and was rather pleased with the results. It was the best teams set I ever saw. Gooooooooood ****, Wes and PC. I <3 you guys.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
YEA, PC IS TOO GOOD FOR KEN YO

EEFFFF BBBOOOMMMMBBBSSSOOOLLLLLDDIIIIEEERRR
american falcos <3

Inui

Banned via Warnings
foxandfalco said:
YEA, PC IS TOO GOOD FOR KEN YO

EEFFFF BBBOOOMMMMBBBSSSOOOLLLLLDDIIIIEEERRR
american falcos <3
<3 PC, Zang, and Dave. <3 <3 <3 <3

PC pwned Ken up liek whoa in that teams set at Peach's Castle. It was ridiculous. Isai almost made the comeback, but Wes was doing a good job holding stock.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Justpha said:
PC, Zang, Dave are good, but why hate on Bombsoldier? He's just a little kid...
nah, bombsoldier is great. alot of falco ideas/tech kinda started from him, he gave noobies a good layout to falco's potential. it's just that, alot of ppl are like "bombsoldier is the best falco" and he lost to ken. now pc's falco is beating ken...sooo yea

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Justpha said:
PC, Zang, Dave are good, but why hate on Bombsoldier? He's just a little kid...
Almost forgot about Dope. Dope's amazing, too.

Nobody's hating on Bombsoldier. We're just saying American players pwn harder. =D

P.S. PC Chris uses Fox in teams, not Falco.

mathos

Smash Champion
tink lost to ken for 4th

its now between chu and ken in loser bracket finals

winner fights PC for 1st

nice job tink, way to rep midwest

(this is drephen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom