• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG NYC '06 - April 22-23 -SIGN RELEASE FORM! EVERYONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav

Furries For The Win
Placing high in tournies kinda ruins your chances of getting money matches. *feels like I'm repeating previous posts*

M2K: If you like I'll most likely money match you. Since I plan on money matching a bunch of people anyway.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Mew2King said:
^$^$%&%$^$#%#$

Why don't people wanna money match ME?! V__V
M2K I'll MM you. Best 2 of 3. $5. Go chain grab the **** out of me if I care. Let's go.

Tink, $5. Best 2 out of 3. Chain throwing is banned ;) .

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
To clarify on the 2 game set thing for the Amateur singles tournament, we decided that Round Robins were eating up a LOT of time at the events, but that running a 128+ man bracket every event would be daunting. So we settled on having a 2 game series in the round robin pools. You will play 2 individual games instead of a best of 3 against everyone in your pool and then report the scores. We'll tally up the best scores and the top 2 will move into the Amateur Division brackets. If there are any ties we'll settle them with a single playoff game.

As a side note, this year we're paying out to Top 5 at every event for both teams and singles. So the two players that finish 5/6th will play a match to detemine who gets money and who goes home empty handed. Also, to round out the top 8 we'll do a 7th/8th place game as well. So at every MLG event of the year we will have a clear 1-8 ranking.

No Johns. Step it up.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You will be able to double blind each round if you want. The stage will be random both times, but we will still allow for each player to knockoff a stage. You still will not be allowed to play the same stage twice, even if random select brings it up.

EDIT: Rule Packet Posted.

EDIT #2: Holiday inn is booked out... completely. The Amerisuites is almost there also. Please book your hotels ASAP.

EDIT #3: Pro and Semi Pro players must register a 1-4 letter tag for VoD purposes. please refer to the first post for more info.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, it's $20/team instead of $10/team now. Does that mean that SSBM Teams will have a decent payout this year, as well?

My tag is actually ロマロ. I've never used ORO as my tag.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
A few questions:

1. The Amateur Singles event will start with Pool Play. All participants will be randomly separated into 16 pools from which the top 2 will advance to the bracket.

Did you really mean ALL participants will be randomly seperated? Are the semi-pros not getting the higher seeds or is that idea out the window now?

In the stages banned section you said Yoshi's Island 64 was banned. Im aware of a Yoshi's STORY 64, not yoshi's island 64. Am i just dead wrong on this? Let me know.

Also, I thought yoshi's island/the pipes stage was banned now. Am i mistaken?

Finally, in the pro bracket matches, when you play a person for a 2nd time it turns into a series of 11. So the rounds played before would carry over to the new match for a best 7/11 match up. It wasn't specified on the rules, but will a stage that was used in the first set be allowed to be played for the remaining matches? Or will the match need to use 11 completely different stages if it comes down to the 11th match?

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
Oro said:
Wow, it's $20/team instead of $10/team now. Does that mean that SSBM Teams will have a decent payout this year, as well?

My tag is actually ロマロ. I've never used ORO as my tag.
Insulting and close minded on a number of levels. First of all, Smash has 1/10 of the customers of Halo2. Second, Halo pays more money. For you to refer to 05's purses as not being decent is kind of insulting. If you look at it, Singles Smash made as much as Halo2 4v4, the premier title. That was against my wishes, as halo deserves more for the aformentioned reasons. That disparity in prizes will be prevalent this season, as its not fair for winners of the different games to have = prizes when one is bringing much more to the table. Smash's prizes will be no joke, trust me, but for you to balk at the prizes from before is..laughable.

Pro incentives will be posted shortly (Today, Friday)

Wife

Smash Lord
Yo dude, we know. We're completely happy about how much we got paid. And I think we all realize that Halo brings more to the table.

I don't think you'll find anyone complaining here, not from Team Ben anyway. I read oro's post as to mean "does this mean teams money will be more like singles money?"

Just because teams was so much smaller than singles, comparitively. Not that we didn't feel like we get paid enough. Is that fair?

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
Wife said:
Yo dude, we know. We're completely happy about how much we got paid. And I think we all realize that Halo brings more to the table.

I don't think you'll find anyone complaining here, not from Team Ben anyway. I read oro's post as to mean "does this mean teams money will be more like singles money?"

Just because teams was so much smaller than singles, comparitively. Not that we didn't feel like we get paid enough. Is that fair?
Got it. I took it the wrong way then. See you fools in NY :)

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Yeah... read the above article. Also, this is just the beginning of the goodness of '06. Just wait for the rest!

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hey Tink, Eddie, or BigC, you guys are still up for sharing a room right? If so, any preference which one of us reserves it? The cheaper hotel 1 block away sounds the best to me lol.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Hugs... as long as Anakin lets me the Semi-Pros will all be seperated going into the pools.

Looks like we made a boo-boo on the stages. Pipes/Yoshi's Island is banned. So is Yoshi 64, Island or Story, whatever it is.

In the expanded, best of 11 series only the neutral stages will be allowed to be played again. Counter-pick stages will not be. So if during your best of 5 you played FD, BF, Corneria, PS and DK64... DK64 and Corneria would be considered off for the expanded best of 11 set. FD, BF and PS could be played again.

Sorry I didn't see your post before or I would have responded.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Beeep!

I want money matches.

Mew2King you wanna play again? I'd be a fool to be scared of a tactically precise but still overly generic drill-shining Uair-happy Fox, bring it. Can't go more than 5 dollars though, my job sucks.

Oh snap I didn't know Chillin joined Team Ben, that's awesome. CHILLIIINNNN!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

LOW-TIER money matches people I really wanna get with that.

I challenege anyone to LTMMs with the following rule

LUIGI AND LINK ARE NOT LOW TIER....not usable.

Let's go step it up.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Well I think one of us needs to reserve the room ASAP, so if anyone has a preference (perhaps the person who will arrive first) let me know.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
let me in on it to mangz. i mite get lost... well i hope not.. im taking a pretty late bus from Fall River. i trying to see if i can get out early on friday.... or not work at all.. if i do den i will be taking like a 7 r 8 pm bus.... to nyc.. and how much woud taxi be?? btw when is unknown and jblaze going? maybe i can chip in with u guys and my buddie the cape :)

Hefaustos

Smash Journeyman
Hm...spotlight time..i c many "celebrities" will be here,lol. Well, its been awhile since i was in the smash scence. Maybe this is what i need to get my game back up again. Well, it seems to be huge, AND its the closest TOurny I have ever been to yet. Well, fingers point to positive, definatly makin it 2 this

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, now I feel like I just HAVE to make it!

One question though:
Are there only gonna be 8 teams/players in the National Championships? O_o

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
yeah wuz up im gunna be there *****es wife you better watch out son unknown told me what you said ***** im gunna be at everyone of your tourney fight and piss you off you ay *** mutha ****a the **** has spoken peace *****es

SockNinja

Smash Journeyman
S.P.I.C. TOM said:
yeah wuz up im gunna be there *****es wife you better watch out son unknown told me what you said ***** im gunna be at everyone of your tourney fight and piss you off you ay *** mutha ****a the **** has spoken peace *****es
*Ken Masters Gives a Thumbs Down*

xHayatox

Smash Lord
driving friday night?! coem get me too then i pay for gas and better to drive with 2 people than alone :) jk i gotta find a way to get there...

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Dire vulcane- MM you!!!

Ken- I know you don't like MM's but just mm me. Finding a Korean player is like finding a diamond in an ice patch.

Isai- MM me again I know that MM from before was BS I shouldn't have won, so use your captain falcon and we'll see the true test.

Chu Dat- Ice Climber ditto MM....LOL JK. We'll do some kind of match. I dunno. I'm drawing a blank on who to use against Ice Climbers...

Anyone else that is pro, MM me.

Also Hayato, I might drive down Friday afternoon, so I'll pick you up as long as you help with gas, then it's alright.

Tink

Smash Hero
unknown, when are you getting there? cause we are taking a friday flight.

also, eddie wanted to know if one of you could book the hotel <_<.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom