• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South MLG Eastern Conference Championship - Atlanta

Jenova99

Smash Journeyman
hey guys please get back to me quick i wasnt sure about the banned techniques and the restricted ones for MLG ATL. is jigglys rising pound, wall of pain? are the same? cuz there saying u can only use it as a manuevar to recover please answer me back or send me a message i got to know like now thanks

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, rising pound is when you press angled fwd+up+b with jigglypuff, causing her to do her Pound move at a slightly upward angle. While this by itself isn't banned because it is an extremely important recovery tactic with Jiggs, what is banned is if you jump out off the stage while you're winning, and just do the rising pound back and forth, outside of your opponents reach, stalling the match.

Tink

Smash Hero
walls of pain isnt the same thing as rising pound. the rising pound is the b-forward move, but you do it diagonally and you go up a little instead of just forward.

EDIT:i hate oro for posting before me!!!!

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
Indiana People - Is There Anyone Coming That Could Get My Bag From M3d Before Leaving (it Has My Camera Gear, Which Means I Can Start Getting Videos Up Again)

Let Me Know - Call Me Or Pm Me

Husband

Smash Lord
This is the final list of ppl that i am taking to Atl

Husband
Oro
Azen
Bach
Wife

So to those who didnt make the cut list. Plz try again next time. I wish i had my wagon again so i could take more of you. Wish us luck

-Hell yeah the Newlyweds are taking this one

reinx

Smash Cadet
Do I have to sign in this morning or can I just show up later?
I've already registered.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Update From Chillindude

Azen Beat Ken 3:1 In Winner's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Marth dittos)

Goooooo Aaaaaazzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^______^ *starman*

Chu beat Isai 3 out of 5 matches really close set

Azen vs Chu in Winners Finals going on right now...

Edit - Chillindude made this, go here for current results so far -> http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/393/mlgatl6vh.jpg

Edit - New List - http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/1149/mlgatl8kg.jpg

Edit - Newer List - http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8586/mlgatl1mq.jpg

chillindude829

Smash Master

The number next to a person's name is how much they won the previous match by; e.g., Wife has a 3-0 next to his name and the last person he fought was Mike G., who he beat 3-0.

UPDATE: This is how Husband vs Isai went

Isai (Falcon) vs Husband (Marth) - Pokemon Stadium - Isai wins
Isai (Falcon) vs Husband (Marth) - Battefield - Husband wins
Isai (Falcon) vs Husband (Marth) - Dreamland 64 - Husband wins
Isai (Link) vs Husband (Marth) - FD - Isai wins
Isai (Sheik) vs Husband(Marth)- Yoshi's Story - Isai wins

UPDATE #2: Ken beat Oro 3-1

UPDATE #3: Ken vs Isai-
Ken (Fox) vs Isai (Sheik) - Pokemon Stadium - Ken wins
Ken (Fox) vs Isai (Falcon) - Dreamland 64 - Isai wins
Ken (Fox) vs Isai (Fox) - Fountain of Dreams - Ken wins
Ken (Fox) vs Isai (Marth) - Battlefield - Ken wins

UPDATE #4: Azen vs Chu-
Azen (Falcon) vs Chu (G&W) - FD - Chu wins
Azen (Marth) vs Chu (G&W) - Pokemon Stadium - Azen wins
Azen (Falcon) vs Chu (G&W) - Dreamland 64 - Azen wins
Azen (Marth) vs Chu (ICs) - Kongo Jungle 64 - Azen wins

UPDATE #5: Ken beat Chu 3-1. Coming up: Team finals, Newlyweds vs Ken/Isai, followed by Singles finals, Azen vs Ken

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
good spit EC lets show the cali folk why black people (EAST COAST) are the best smashers. By the way, I want my towel azen. Thats the only reason u won cause u showered with my towel. Good stuff MD/VA. Mike G u suck. Good stuff.

Dave

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Yo, KillaOR i've seen you on T.V. You're a great smash Player, I felt bad for u when you lost. You still gonna be participating any more tournaments? If so be on the lookout for Byron X.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Yeah personally I thought this tourny rocked. I had a blast. Played a few vs azen which was cool. Want to say thanks to husband for the Marth help. KOkingpin- man the friendlies were a blast. Over all This tourny was a blast and I cant wait for another tourny to get too.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
It's over, Results are as follows...

First Set Azen vs Ken from early on - all marth dittos Azen won 3:1 (you beat him in a set good ****!)

Final Finals, First set - Ken won 3-1, details unknown
Final Finals, Second set - Ken won 3-2, last match was Azen Peach vs Ken Fox, last stock high %, Kongo Jungle 64

good job Azen and Ken

Edit - whoops I was too slow with the updates >_>

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
rrrrrrrrrg is what i have to say. thilly ken and his unstoppable/invincible greatness :( . Azen beat ken in a set though so that makes the loss better to receive; lol it sounds like i'm an azen groupy.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Sounds like this junt got crazy. I wish I was there to have seen it. Good **** Ken and Azen. EXTREMELY good **** Team Ben! Same goes to you Mike, although it had to suck getting put up against Ken from the get go.

shdlDan

Smash Rookie
Ok, I really have no idea who I got friendlies with...but it was still ****ing amazing. I was the kid with long hair, and a black hoody, who played fox.

Halo5GOD

Smash Cadet
First off- downright *****.

Whisperouts (because I got pwned)

Ken- God, Finally seeing -the- Marth in action.. I can only describe it as graceful, it just swings and combos start happening.

Azen- 2'nd time I've seen you. God also

(EDIT) Chu Dat- never played you except in teams : / but you insane too

Isai- I actually played you =o . First day I got wrecked second day same but not as bad kinda : / . I have a lot of respect for you coming from the olldddd ssbm days of BtT/HRC runs. I'm not pulling Jones here but I couldn't help but shake everytime I sat down next to you and couldn't pull my thoughts together. I look up to you greatly and you really have evolved the world of smash so far. Honor to see you

Husband- Our first time at MLG I held myself back because I wanted to see if I was gonna play you in tounament. I didn't when I played you this time. I think your Marth has gotten better since then, and I still tried to hold my Falco from you incase we played in tourney. Aside you were cool to me and I respect your smash skills, very impressive.

Wife- I dont know what to say to you... NICE sets with Ken, its a shame you were soo close, it honestly wasn't right. You were a really cool dude too, and lol your peach is sooo **** nice.

Oro- >.> yo... you were there... *waves* (never even stood next to you prolly)

Lamow (mow for short?) - I dont know if ur compliments in the tourney were real or not. Ive always done extremely well vs space animal fights but ur fox just made me feel like a ******* with everything I tried to do. Whenever you grabbed me it was over, period. I've never seen a fox play anything like yours, but I like it. ty for the matches.

MikeG- =) lol. you are such a cool guy to hang around with. Thanks also for all the matches. I love ur Peach sooo much cause its so technical (and very good) ^^. Idk what to say, walking the line to the Halo area was scarey o.O I quit that game for a reason. When I said I was making the match b4 I left my last official match I meant it 100%.. and I don't think I can say there are many ppl I would want to have that match with either, I'm happy it was vs you. but if you think I should stay we see though...

Thomas Tipman- You made me realize that DK can ****/kill/pwn/obliterate/etc.... When ur DK grabbed me I = dead. You play a lot of characters =o and nicely. Had fun playing matches with you.

PPL not in tourney (more shoutouts later)

Synikal- Yea I have to put you out before I go.. You got reallllllly good since I last saw you. Rockcrock needs to know that there is another insane tech. player out there. I dont know who I should say is the most fastest/tech of us. I like the edge w/d thing, its something I never really thought of. Idk if you play fox or not but you should, I bet you could pull some crazy stuff with him too. : ) You really cool person. Just to take what little pride I have after this tourney, since I worked so hard at being a tech. fighter in smash.. ^;;;
(my dashdances are faster....)
(my shine-only infinite combo (no drill) is 846 in training)

=p, seriously though. I could easily say you are more tech. Good Stuff : )

1. I have been out of the smash scene for over a year, I am -not- saying I was rusty, because I deffenitely wasn't entering this tourney. I am just saying there are other people in Florida who never got to attend either MLG, that I hear great things about because I am a terrible rep for Florida and would hate to have it held against what this state is probably capable of.

2. I think this is the last ssbm tournament for me, I got to finally go to a tourney and see all the friends that I have wanted to see in so long. Mike, Wes, Goldwing (last week), etc.who are such cool ppl. I wish Motar could have gone because he would have loved it too. Smash has a way of keeping you in though.. I still love this game so ****ing much. For the moment I mean it though.

Awesome tourney, everyone take care and best of luck.

KM-013

Smash Lord
shdlDan said:
Ok, I really have no idea who I got friendlies with...but it was still ****ing amazing. I was the kid with long hair, and a black hoody, who played fox.
wow, we're two peas in a pod. i also have long hair, only wear hoodies, and am known for playing fox. i also love saying "****ing amazing". this is pretty uncanny.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
final thoughts

chu, good **** on driving

isai- :( sorry you missed your flight, tell me details later

wtf? azen picking gay stages like mute city on me? wow~ kindda think differently on you now

newlyweds weren't much of a challenge, i think they are over rated, you guys should have let azen and oro have a 2nd chance at beating us

next time, wife you die

PS: why are you guys still called newlyweds? how long has it been? time for a new name

Top Bottom