• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Championship: Dallas 2010 - November 5th-7th - $35,000 in prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm hoping Dojo places top 8 at this. One of my favorite MKs of all time just because he's willing to play like a ****** when it counts but at the same time pulls hards reads and has a style of offense different than M2Knight.

Larry better win this one though. IT'S A CURSEEEEE

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It didn't happen over night so I would assume they have something solid to back this, it's not like MLG is going to go out of their way to ban top players.

But man... what a situation this is..
Why wouldn't they. They broke the rules verbatim. He gave him 300 buck to lose. The story up now on AllisBrawl (which replaced the old one saying what I did before) sounds like "oh no, that's not what happened. I GAVE him $300 bucks because we are such good buds and he wasn't playing well [that's it]. The new story seems like it tries to twist itself into a pretzel to dodge the accusations. (Not to mention stuff like this has happened before).

First up, I'm upset that you guys are defending them. There should be no defense. They done ****ed up. And they, as some of the best players in the game, gave a poor representation of it. The worst thing they can do is deny it if they did it. If it is true, man up and confess. The worst thing you can do is drag it out.

No one wants to watch rigged matches because you're friends. We want to watch heart pounding matches. Ones that are exciting. If you give someone money to lose, how is that match existing? It's not. It's dry and forced. So it begs the question: Why watch competitive Smash? I might as well watch Starcraft 2 where the players don't do pay offs.

But remember this: Smash Bros has only just been given a chance at MLG. Of all the games, it wasn't even given a stream. Although Melee was in MLG, consider this one a test run. If top players are doing bribes and pay outs (and from what happened in Vegas, I suspect this is normal for a lot of players). MLG is not going to want to have rigged matches and no one wants to watch them. They will easily throw it out.

Remember this: You all lost a spot in EVO because you acted immature. You might lost MLG if you act immature.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol the ledge thing is a big joke rly
i dont abuse it that much except for certain matchup situations

and lmao at legde camping v mk

jerm was referring to the two of us playing in apex pools. i did better v jerm than remix even though jerm is massively better lol

looking forward to seeing xyrorob

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I look forward to jab locking you to 50%+, and then not KOing you until 200%. :>

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro ROB is NOT Chibo ROB...Xyro likes the edge...but for Samus. Now if he could COMBINE the two...dear god...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just look at Texas' PR list...it's almost evenly divided between top tier and high/mid tiers. Character diversity ftw.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea, can't wait - always wanted to travel to Texas

I have a lot of Sonic experience, and I know a lot about him since he was my very first main and learned a lot about him, and is one of my two low tier characters when legal.
I'm just kind of inconsistent vs him, it's weird. I'm inconsistent vs all not high or top tiers.

But yea Sonic is just sorta :/ lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
TX is free.

I've never attended a HOBO without placing in the money in something.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

but srsly they're rly good, especially in doubles

<3

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I might as well watch Starcraft 2 where the players don't do pay offs.
There was a scandal in Korea over SC bracket manipulation as well, at least this is what I understand.

Starcraft in Korea said:
But it wasn't just a few current players involved in the deceit -- evidently the widespread match-fixing involved retired players and coaches who helped the gambling rings get in contact with the current players in the first place.
This stuff is INHERENT to 1v1 games. It was/used to be very common in 1v1 sports before people realized it could be actively policed. Heck, its even possible to pull this stunt off in the World Series of Baseball.

Anyone that thinks these things are not occuring in Tekken, Street Fighter, Madden, etc are naive. We just happen to be the first community to have stepped up and dealt with the problem via MLG. Most tournaments just push a blind-eye toward splitting, which is almost equally offensive as the actual splitting.

I'm hoping this is just the first in what will be other tournaments in other communities that work to prevent this from happening.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
my club sucks

it's lame kids like Bleachigo, iKon, random Midwest people for some reason, and some randoms

I guess EE/Phil is cool, though

I'm also bad

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
And Dojo's and M2K's and "Insert MK main here"
Chill dog. I might have a crush on be good friends with Dojo and Lee, and be close with Seibrik, and hella chill with Tyrant and DSF, but at the end of the day I'm rootin for the home team homie. Since M2k ain't in this, I got you my ***. We out. Time to win MLG finals.

Dip

Go Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom