• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Brawl Ladder

Uno

Smash Journeyman
I just want to raise awareness about MLG's online ladders called gamebattles.com.

If we want Brawl to be on the MLG circuit for 08 (while the MLG line-up has already been chosen, games have been added mid season before) we have to have a large showing on the ladders.

So go sign up here : http://gamebattles.com/wii/smash-bros/

Obviously rules havent been posted yet, and there arent many efficient ways of reporting matches.

Nonetheless, make an account, join the singles (and doubles) ladder, and get familiar with the site.

and hey, you can put .uno. as your refferer while your at it ;)

Edit: Since a few people think its difficult to sign up, here's my short guide to registering on GB.

- From the home page look for the "Join Gamebattles" button in the upper right.

- Once you have created your account and verified it with your email, find the "wii" tab on the gamebattles toolbar.

- Scroll to SSBM and clickity click.

- Click on one of the two ladders.

- You should see ""Create a Team" clickity click again.

From there follow the directions and create your team, you need to make seperate teams for each ladder.

Obviously, at the moment there is no clan option, so you have to choose just one person to invite to join your doubles team.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
They already have a doubles ladder? That's so stupid, the game hasn't even been released in the States and those who imported/downloaded already got the jump on people who didn't.

Regardless, once I get my US copy, I'll be playing in gamebattles quite alot.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to seeing how GB handles reporting matches considering how easy it might be to fake single screenshots.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
The more people that join the better chance brawl has.

Its more or less in competition with Shadowrun, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, GoW, CoD4, and Halo 3 for popularity.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
The more people that join the better chance brawl has.

Its more or less in competition with Shadowrun, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, GoW, CoD4, and Halo 3 for popularity.
Are u speaking with any knowledge on the subject? Or just using logical assumptions as facts?

That said yes everyone get involved in the gamebattles brawl online ladders!

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Are u speaking with any knowledge on the subject? Or just using logical assumptions as facts?

That said yes everyone get involved in the gamebattles brawl online ladders!
No, I have no authority on the matter but it has been common in the past for MLG to base things off of attendance and popularity, so i see this in the same way.

and it is pretty simple to sign up, if you signed up for this site you can handle it ;)

Uno

Smash Journeyman
- From the home page look for the "Join Gamebattles" button in the upper right.

- Once you have created your account and verified it with your email, find the "wii" tab on the gamebattles toolbar.

- Scroll to SSBM and clickity click.

- Click on one of the two ladders.

- You should see ""Create a Team" clickity click again.

From there follow the directions and create your team, you need to make seperate teams for each ladder.

Obviously, at the moment there is no clan option, so you have to choose just one person to invite to join your doubles team.

Nite

Smash Champion
Maybe they'll have an official watch over the matches using spectator mode. If it works like that, I think it'd be a good idea.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they'll have an official watch over the matches using spectator mode. If it works like that, I think it'd be a good idea.
Yes thats a possibility for important matches. It simply isnt possible to have a Ref watch each game though, there will be thousands every month.

GB is understaffed IMO anyways.

mario-man

Smash Lord
just to point this out, if you have noticed, there are ads on MLG FOR Smash, and MLG is in the ad right next to the word Brawl. When I saw it I got excited. I mean, that can only mean that someone is paying for those ads, which means, they are planning to add it at some point this year or next. Though, I'm not sure if the ladders were apart of it. Yeah, hopefully they will do the ladders cuz that would be sweet. I might do this once I get Brawl too.

joenopride

Smash Journeyman
Yes thats a possibility for important matches. It simply isnt possible to have a Ref watch each game though, there will be thousands every month.

GB is understaffed IMO anyways.
Yeah. If someone wants to help out with reffing, that should get on-top of that as soon as possible, before the game comes out.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Obviously someone hasn't done their homework. Halo 3 died out fairly quickly after Call of Duty 4 came around.
Died out? Hardly, considering MLG has officially picked Halo 3 as one of its "Pro-circuit" titles and left Cod4 as simply an online league for now (on LAN CoD4 doesnt have nearly as many customization options as online). Not to mention the fact that the Pro-circuit for Halo 3 has already officially started as of Feb 19th, with the beggining of the online playoffs for seeding at the first live event. I would hardly say Halo 3 is dead.

back on topic...

to whomever noticed the Brawl ads on GB, MLG is the owner company of gamebattles as of a couple months ago. Not to mention they advertise all ladders on GB, sometimes the ads are for shadowrun or some other game, for now they are for brawl.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
guys this really should be the official ladder

of course mlg has the community's respect already.

(and the pay outs will be the best XD)

GET INVOLVED SIGN UP.

HeroAnri

Smash Cadet
NC, Winston Salem -- Friend Code # 2148-7811-3109
the website is so unorganized, its hard to believe its official site...anyway, i support wifiwars but i guess il signup for this as well...

can someone tell me what the funk to do once i get to that website? so many colors, obviously the person that made the site never took any business classes

Overswarm

is laughing at you
we have this, wifiwars, AND a bunch of independents. good for smashers.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see some brawl action in MLG.... it would make me more interested for sure...

joenopride

Smash Journeyman
the website is so unorganized, its hard to believe its official site...anyway, i support wifiwars but i guess il signup for this as well...

can someone tell me what the funk to do once i get to that website? so many colors, obviously the person that made the site never took any business classes
First of all, go to the homepage. Once there you should see a little bar on the top right that says "join gamebattles" (Oh heck I'll link that too.) From there on the signing up process is pretty standard internet fare (don't forget to refer this TC!).

Once you are all signed up and logged in, return to the homepage. There should be a bar about a 1/4 from the top that stretches all the way across. Move the mouse over the Wii drop down menu, then click on the option for SSBB. This is the "main page" for SSBB, and has information posted regularly there. Below the Brawl banner there is an "arena menu" is this where all the specific menus for Brawl. If you want to go to a message board, click forums. You can probably be taught how to do some other things from that board once you are there. To sign up for the competition, click ladders.

Hope that helped.

S2

Smash Lord
This spells death for the few other sites who are trying to become the #1 source for Brawl rankings.

If anything, people need to play on this just to get Brawl tournaments in the limelight. Make MLG endorse Brawl, because they will if its popular enough.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
This spells death for the few other sites who are trying to become the #1 source for Brawl rankings.

If anything, people need to play on this just to get Brawl tournaments in the limelight. Make MLG endorse Brawl, because they will if its popular enough.
exactly.

I'm going to edit the main post with a bit of registration instructions now.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
I was, but then I followed directions. For some reason, it led only to doubles ladders.

Edit: Blarg... this is seriously confusing. I already made me (my team consisting of me), and I can't find me on the ladder.

Yeah, GB is too confusing. I can't even delete my team that I can't find that the systems says I made.

Jem.

Smash Master
For halo gamebattles, we link them the bungie games we played since it records us. We have to take an in-game screen and send now? They'll probably require everyone use their name.

I'll sign up once I actually have the game -__-

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Yeah its hard to say how they will have us report matches.

We can only hope to not have 4 million teams disputing wins.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
They already have a doubles ladder? That's so stupid, the game hasn't even been released in the States and those who imported/downloaded already got the jump on people who didn't.

Regardless, once I get my US copy, I'll be playing in gamebattles quite alot.
(im replying like a month late, i know)

Welcome to the wonderful world of imports. As much as i agree with you, and as dumb as i think it is that major brawl tourneys are already flying up already, this is the result of a game getting so much hype and publicity.

Roger Racebannon

Smash Cadet
Aight, just signed up.

I feel all special now.

EDIT: So how are we doing this?

Splitting us all up into teams, or starting out on a singles ladder and getting invited by a team as you progress?

Top Bottom