• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Brawl Ladder

joenopride

Smash Journeyman
You can do whatever the heck you want. If you have a friend, then you can invite them to join you, or you can make a post in the recruiting forums about wanting to join a doubles team. Better go quick though, you can only sign up for this season for a couple of days!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Accept the challenge from Fabsters ;)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Darn, I got up to #16 on the Singles Ladder, then I went to bed and woke up in the 40s =.=...
-DD

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i would liek to sign up. seems intresting but yeah i hope mlg rules are all fair+good

joenopride

Smash Journeyman
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PROOF!

People have already been lying about scores and other things, so if you keep proof of the matches you have played, then you are much more likely to be getting wins. So many people complaining already...

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Either record the game while its being played, record the replay, or have a ref spectate.

go buy a dazzle dvd recorder if you cant record, they are pretty cheap and easy to use.

Make sure you read the rules while your at it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Fabsters is going to be top 3 soon.

Its hard to get a top 10 match from someone either than dmbrandon or fatal.

Just need to play more matches :(

ironjosh

Smash Rookie
this is stupid. all of the levels chosen are pure garbage. if you are gonna choose the lame levels allow items to balance out the stupid

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
MLG is a ****ing joke.

Any league that uses console FPS over PC FPS (especially Halo, the special Olympics of shooters) should NOT be taken seriously.

Seriously, console FPS are horrible and take no skill, the game aims for you ffs.

I'd wait for a real league to pick up Smash.

No disrespect for pro smashers, you guys rock and deserve what you win, but those Halo tards thinking they are elite FPS players because they are good at game clearly designed for 12 year olds and stoners just piss me off. Buy a PC and mouse and keyboard if you want to play FPS competitively. Any other way is a joke.

But they are running Smash, so at least one of the games takes skill.

Keys

Smash Cadet
I don't mind playing anyone that wants a top 10 match except every time i get in the top 10 i go to sleep/work and then get back on later and I'm rank back in the teens... I haven't had a problem yet on the game battles however.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
MLG is a ****ing joke.

Any league that uses console FPS over PC FPS (especially Halo, the special Olympics of shooters) should NOT be taken seriously.

Seriously, console FPS are horrible and take no skill, the game aims for you ffs.

I'd wait for a real league to pick up Smash.

No disrespect for pro smashers, you guys rock and deserve what you win, but those Halo tards thinking they are elite FPS players because they are good at game clearly designed for 12 year olds and stoners just piss me off. Buy a PC and mouse and keyboard if you want to play FPS competitively. Any other way is a joke.

But they are running Smash, so at least one of the games takes skill.
K, now, let's take a took at the last 15 years on professional gaming. The WCG, world leader in PC tournaments had gone no where but down hill UNTIL they picked up console games. In fact, their biggest paying year is when the Ogres won the Halo2 event. Since then, theyve been garbage.

MLG, starting with Halo50k, has earned more credibility, bigger venues, and the BIGGEST payouts. While you may think it takes no skill, I'd like to see you plug in your mouse and KB and face me in Halo3. See if it helps you stop the carnage I will bring on you.

Mouse and KB vs Controller is just a style of play. Neither is better. I mean, if you use the Wiimote to play, and you beat M2k, are you an idiot for using a lame *** controller?

Think before you speak, maybe you'll have someone read your post and think other things besides how annoying you sound.

I don't mind playing anyone that wants a top 10 match except every time i get in the top 10 i go to sleep/work and then get back on later and I'm rank back in the teens... I haven't had a problem yet on the game battles however.
I go to sleep.work, and I just stay the same. ^_^!!!

Fabsters is going to be top 3 soon.

Its hard to get a top 10 match from someone either than dmbrandon or fatal.

Just need to play more matches :(
YOU BETTER ****ING BE. I won't stand these scrubs being below you. Top 3 should be me you and fatal. Hurry up already.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What do you get if you win the MLG ladder? I've been doing.... well, it seems, on the wifiwars ladder and might join up this one too if there is cash involved at the end.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
YOU BETTER ****ING BE. I won't stand these scrubs being below you. Top 3 should be me you and fatal. Hurry up already.
Don't worry, I have two days of lecture left, then its just Brawl + finals :)

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
K, now, let's take a took at the last 15 years on professional gaming. The WCG, world leader in PC tournaments had gone no where but down hill UNTIL they picked up console games. In fact, their biggest paying year is when the Ogres won the Halo2 event. Since then, theyve been garbage.

MLG, starting with Halo50k, has earned more credibility, bigger venues, and the BIGGEST payouts. While you may think it takes no skill, I'd like to see you plug in your mouse and KB and face me in Halo3. See if it helps you stop the carnage I will bring on you.

Mouse and KB vs Controller is just a style of play. Neither is better. I mean, if you use the Wiimote to play, and you beat M2k, are you an idiot for using a lame *** controller?

Think before you speak, maybe you'll have someone read your post and think other things besides how annoying you sound.

I go to sleep.work, and I just stay the same. ^_^!!!

Sorry, console FPS still sucks and takes no skill. Mouse and keyboard is superior. As I said, console FPS AIMS FOR YOU. This isn't a personal attack against you, its an attack against Halo. If you have an argument as to why Halo is a better fit game then Counter Strike Source, Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament 3, or Battlefield 2, I'd love to hear it.

As I've said, fighting games on consoles do take skill, and I'm not going to make top Smash guys look bad by comparing them to Halo players. Smash takes more skill than Halo.

Also, a 50k payout for a video game is pretty ridiculous. There are kids working their ***** off at part time jobs to pay for school and someone can go win a no skill game and make a living off of it. Disgusting really.

Oh, and you're comment that everyone below you is a scrub...was that necessary? You're saying I'm annoying? Not being as good as someone else in a video game doesn't make them a scrub, and you sound like an egotistical jerk when you say that.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Sorry, console FPS still sucks and takes no skill. Mouse and keyboard is superior. As I said, console FPS AIMS FOR YOU. This isn't a personal attack against you, its an attack against Halo. If you have an argument as to why Halo is a better fit game then Counter Strike Source, Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament 3, or Battlefield 2, I'd love to hear it.

As I've said, fighting games on consoles do take skill, and I'm not going to make top Smash guys look bad by comparing them to Halo players. Smash takes more skill than Halo.

Also, a 50k payout for a video game is pretty ridiculous. There are kids working their ***** off at part time jobs to pay for school and someone can go win a no skill game and make a living off of it. Disgusting really.

Oh, and you're comment that everyone below you is a scrub...was that necessary? You're saying I'm annoying? Not being as good as someone else in a video game doesn't make them a scrub, and you sound like an egotistical jerk when you say that.
lol got a CSS team?

My team would MM your team.

console games take skil,l your just bad at them. basically the same thing your sig states >__>

and this is comng from a computer gamer, ive played CAL **** before. I'm even on a team for CAL currently.and yeah keyboards and mouse takes skill. but so does using a controller.
and thats funny, im perrty sure w/o console games, there would be no computer games.

if it takes no skill, go win the next MLG for each event.

yeah, not that easy huh? or you would have done it already.'

so yeah, how about the team CSS MM? I'll do it for CSS TF2 or DoD:S

Perferably DoD:S/CSS

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Bleh got to 11 last night. Went to bed. Now im 16.. I feel like I need to constantly be playing in order to stay at the top. Will it always be like this?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Once people's levels increase, the top players will receive less and less XP for beating lower ranked players, forcing them to play the top players to secure their standing. Right now the ladder is basically determined by number of wins against anyone, so you can be bad at the game but as long as you are still beating those worst than you, your rank will be high.

Just give the ladder time. I know I should be either #2 or #3 because I ***** =) and MRK without a problem at all, yet they are still higher than me.

You ***** Mrkn? That's hard to believe, fab. I mean, you're good, but I can't see you ****** him

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Azen is playing in the ladder now.

:O

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Bleh got to 11 last night. Went to bed. Now im 16.. I feel like I need to constantly be playing in order to stay at the top. Will it always be like this?
Yep, it will probably stay the same or get much more competitive for spots, thats the way ladders are.

And to that one MLG hater on my thread - How many MLG tourneys you won? Oh, you think they are too easy, I forgot.

Back on topic- everyone get a LAN adapter for your wii so the connections get better, thanks.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I still am unable to find the ultimate "point" of this ladder. What is it?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
To promote camping and make people hate the game.

lazerbomb

Smash Rookie
I just signed up to this, but i was reading the rules and it says you need "Proof" does that mean you need to record the match? and how do you get it to your comp?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've asked in like 3 different areas and looked around, but I still can't see the whole point to this other than that it is a ladder system >_>

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Dude, I ****ing ***** Real Bullet.

Top Bottom