• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[:mk:] NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 6 "Tourney's Happening Guys" New Location!

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
I'm aware of this after you messaged me. Good luck at Final Round. Show them the power of Zangief!

edit:Stingers you might as well not even bother hosting umvc3 cause every marvel and capcom player in general is going to be in Atlanta for Final Round.
Actually, most of the people who entered UMvC3 last time will probably be here again.

J-Flo

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, another one so soon. Hopefully I'll be able to make it on time to enter brackets.

Barring something unexpected, I should be able to make this.

::Hype::

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
j-flo, this is camron

when are you free this coming week? i'm busy the first few days, but i'm def trying to get some matches in sometime during that wed/thurs/fri window. lemme know wuzzgud hommy

J-Flo

Smash Cadet
Camron - I'm in the same situation as you. Most likely I can play Thursday or Friday night. I'll follow up with you next week and we can hash out details.

PP - Let's! Always a pleasure facing off against you.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I just realized this is this Saturday. I'd better get some good practice done this week so I can destroy people with my Kirby.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
@j-flo: gravy

@snap: come to CH my dude... if enough peeps are tryin to play that day then we should definitely get a fest goin

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So, anyone want to team with me at this? I promise I won't use Kirby.

On the subject of Kirby, I just got the hang of short hopping with him. Now my Kirby can do awesome Kirby combo stuff that he couldn't do before.

EDIT: One of my friends told me he'll be coming to this, so I suppose I could team with him. He's worse than I am, though.

EDIT2: Do you brawl guys want me to record/stream brawl this time, or are you happy with just Melee? Speaking of stream, Stingers, you need to add the link to my channel to this tournament. twitch.tv/raphaelrobo

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I thought the recording came out pretty well last time, aside from the audio being not very good. I should be able to fix that this time, though. Just to be safe, I'll make a few recordings before the tournament starts and listen to them in order to make sure everything's good.

Also, having a stream shouldn't affect whether or not the recording is good.

archer.

Smash Lord
I can record Brawl matches on my Wii and get them uploaded in HD.

Stream for Brawl would be cool but since some Melee players might actually kill someone/you if you do, it might be better not to. :awesome:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ive been thinking no pools this whole time, but idk I kinda wanna do pools now lol.
we'll see the day of.

ALSO, md/va needs housing. taj/boss/korn/ee. is there ANYONE who could do it? please please please speak up =]

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
If we don't do pools, would we just go straight to bracket?

I'd prefer pools, given that I'd get more games so I could learn more. On the other hand, no pools means more time for friendlies, which also means I could learn more. So actually, I'm cool either way.

Foxy

Smash Master
do pools

but do not randomly generate them

handpick each set of players (with general seeding) as there are surprisingly few viable combinations that allow each entrant to have most, or all, of their opponents be new for them [i.e ideally players that rarely-or-never play together, and have rarely-or-never met in tournament]

stingers

Smash Obsessed
So they emailed me saying that it was a mistake that they approved me for March 3rd and Bragaw will be closed that day.
x.x

Soo...tourney cancelled ATM, looking for alternate venues but its not looking too pretty with pretty much all of NC State campus closing down.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Let's just hold the tourney in a public park, or something. We just need to find one power outlet, then stick 100 power strips into it.

setstage

Smash Rookie
Is there a place off campus it could be, I was really looking foreward to this my friends and I being new to the area

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
What we need to do is find an all you can eat buffet, and just happen to all show up and all bring TVs and gamecubes with us.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
omg if this is in greensboro that would just be absurdly convenient

@
: where do u live in gboro? also, which game do u play/prefer? :troll:

Mahone

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind hosting the tourney at my apartment, but i dunno if you guys would be willing to drive that far....

Top Bottom