• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
Undecided as of yet.
Regardless, bring setups.
currently, the plan is to do discounts. But, the e-board of the club has to vote on exactly how much of a discount we're doing on it. One of the main 3 points of this week's e-board meeting will be finishing up all the details for MSUsmash. So stay tuned shortly !

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Once my semester is over (mid May) I'll start making plans for this so I can confirm my attendance.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Haha well I know that thanks. I just was wondering if there was like a registration list or something yet?

Winnar

Smash Lord
You can look at the confirmed/interested list, I think it's up to date still

Though that's not including all the people I know will come but just haven't posted here.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Actually even though I moderate the Pacific West boards, I have the power to sticky tournament threads, so just AIM me whenever you want this thread stickied. :) I was actually thinking about sticking this after Whobo or something as long as another big tournament does not conflict. Having two big tournaments sticked at the same time is okay with the moderators.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
How do the qualifiers work? Would I still be able to attend Apex and enter if I missed this?
If you missed MSU, you can still enter Apex 2012. You just won't get the free $100 stipend for winning MSU. This is of course not counting first place prize, so if you win, you will get $100 + whatever first place is suppose to get. :)

Winnar

Smash Lord
How do the qualifiers work? Would I still be able to attend Apex and enter if I missed this?
I believe Alex also mentioned something about seeding, but to be honest I'm not totally sure.

Also it's not necessarily the person who gets 1st place who gets the $100 stipend. It's the highest placing regional player.

For example, if Armada is playing beeeeeast and beats everyone and then you came in second, you would still get the $100 because m2k isn't atlantic south. That's on top of the normal payouts for 1st-7th or whatever

All that aside, you should definitely come to this! We're working very hard to make sure this the best tournament experience ever. Having you here would be KIND OF a big deal, especially with Armada already coming as well. :O

Top Bottom