• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mission: f-air display bug

∫unk

Smash Master
Oh wait this joke is old? Dang my one shot at being funny.

Anyway there's a display bug on battlefield with Marth.

As you all know, when Marth does a f-air, a pretty blue arc comes out while he swings his sword.

Off of any jump, if you f-air again after the first f-air to the right (so a SH double f-air would trigger this), Marth's blue swipe won't come out on every f-air after the first until you jump again. Running off platforms counts as a "jump".

To the left it seems to work fine. The second f-air in a SH f-air will get the arc going to the left.

On FD going to the right works. I haven't tested many stages but so far I only have Battlefield with this weird phenomenon.

I don't think hitbox or anything else is affected but I didn't really test it. If someone can that'd be great.

One minor advantage is it's harder for the opponent to know exactly the spacing of your second (third if you're starting higher) f-air because it's just the blade swinging.

If this has already been found or because my Brawl is weird then I apologize.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I've noticed the lack of a blue arc on SH Double Fairs on BF, though I never realized it only occurred only when you faced to the right. Pointless, but kind of cool.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Junk, this is game breaking.

Anyway, i looked at this after you told me about it. It doesn't have to be the second fair, it just depends when it comes out. Try fullhopping and do it as you fall, there will be no blue light.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Junk, this is game breaking.

Anyway, i looked at this after you told me about it. It doesn't have to be the second fair, it just depends when it comes out. Try fullhopping and do it as you fall, there will be no blue light.
Just let Junk have his moment for gods sake >_>

∫unk

Smash Master
orly?

so what dictates it then? the amount of time after you've hopped?

and it's still only to the right on battlefield right?

and bengalrz i dont care lol its a display bug but not a discovery on a way to cancel aerial lag in brawl

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
orly?

so what dictates it then? the amount of time after you've hopped?

and it's still only to the right on battlefield right?

and bengalrz i dont care lol its a display bug but not a discovery on a way to cancel aerial lag in brawl
lmao, i was only joking. I suppose thats hard to detect online though.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Same thing happens with Ike. It applies to his fair, nair, u-smash and uair. I thought it was just random. Anyhow, the u-smash looks hella weird when it is just the actual blade swing.

∫unk

Smash Master
I still think this glitch works on non-wifi, its not a wifi only glitch (i think).
Yeah I'm not sure why people think it's wifi. I've played wifi a total of like 4 times with Steel that's about it.

wifi is strictly for messing around (unless there's like zero lag). Otherwise you're better off just doing stuff in training mode or fighting computers.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Yeah I'm not sure why people think it's wifi. I've played wifi a total of like 4 times with Steel that's about it.

wifi is strictly for messing around (unless there's like zero lag). Otherwise you're better off just doing stuff in training mode or fighting computers.
get on aim

Top Bottom