• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Misprints in Brawl

icicleblade

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that there are quite a few misprints in Brawl.

First off, on Sothe's trophy, it says that he is a skilled swordsman. Sothe does not wield swords of any kind, only a knife. Also, Ike's Theme was originally called Eternal Bond in Radiant Dawn. The Battle Scene/ Final Boss (Golden Sun) is titled incorrectly, it's not the final boss theme, and it's the battle music for GS2.

Anyone find any other mistakes?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I really dislike the misspelled "formes" in Deoxys' description. It is misspelled like 6 times.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well.. nothing major, just some minor errors in the instruction manual but havent' spotten any in-game as of yet

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well.. I knew about those, but what I meant was i haven't seen any others since I really don't look for errors in-game rather I play it instead lol...

Spire

III
BRoomer
well.. I knew about those, but what I meant was i haven't seen any others since I really don't look for errors in-game rather I play it instead lol...
Generally, people don't look for errors in text. We just stumble onto them.

M.K

Level 55
I hate how it is the "Super Mario 64 Main Theme".

It only plays on the first level -.- There are more than 20 levels -.-.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I hate how it is the "Super Mario 64 Main Theme".

It only plays on the first level -.- There are more than 20 levels -.-.
Wrong. It plays on Tiny-Huge Island also, if I'm not mistaken. It is not the main theme actually, so it's named "Bob-omb Battlefield" in my iTunes and will remain that way.

Spire

III
BRoomer
What bothers me is how they didn't edit the King K. Rool trophy. In Japan, apparently King K. Rool and Kaptain K. Rool (From DKC2) are brothers...but they're the same person in the American version......
Wrong.

"The supreme commander of the Kremling Krew. King K. Rool steals bananas from Donkey Kong and ends up kidnapping Diddy Kong. He is so good at playing dead that sometimes the credits even roll as he lies there, feigning defeat. His brother, Kaptain K. Rool, made an appearance in the game Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest."

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Princess Kumatora is a male it seems, according to Lucas's Final Smash trophy. A male princess. Who would've guessed?
Princess Kumatora taught Lucas when he learned he would appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
This cop out of an excuse for inaccurate PSI doesn't say Kumatora's a guy. Both of the he's refer to Lucas.

As for a male princess, does being a tomboy and being raised by neutral gender beings who look like men in drag count?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Wrong.

"The supreme commander of the Kremling Krew. King K. Rool steals bananas from Donkey Kong and ends up kidnapping Diddy Kong. He is so good at playing dead that sometimes the credits even roll as he lies there, feigning defeat. His brother, Kaptain K. Rool, made an appearance in the game Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest."
"King K. Rool also appears as an unlockable trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl; his Brawl trophy's description suggesting that Kaptain K. Rool is actually his brother and not one of his disguises. This is due to the fact that in the Japanese continuities of the games, his alter-egos (with the exception of King Krusha K. Rool) are considered his relatives."

From Wiki so who knows how reliable it is...that's just where I heard it from....

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that there are quite a few misprints in Brawl.

First off, on Sothe's trophy, it says that he is a skilled swordsman. Sothe does not wield swords of any kind, only a knife. Also, Ike's Theme was originally called Eternal Bond in Radiant Dawn. The Battle Scene/ Final Boss (Golden Sun) is titled incorrectly, it's not the final boss theme, and it's the battle music for GS2.

Anyone find any other mistakes?
It's the final boss music for Lost Age, which is technically Golden Sun part 2 rather than GS 2, considering that it continues the story rather than introducing a new one and uses the same characters, items, Djinn, locations etc.

Therefore, the Golden Sun listing is not really a mistake.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Wrong. It plays on Tiny-Huge Island also, if I'm not mistaken. It is not the main theme actually, so it's named "Bob-omb Battlefield" in my iTunes and will remain that way.
It plays in Tall, Tall Mountain too.

Gekkos are NOT Metal Gears. Kojima made that very clear last year and Nintendo made this silly typo.

antimatter

Smash Lord
they claimed that dark samus's origins are unknown....
way to piss off the dark hunters, sakurai.

Spire

III
BRoomer
"King K. Rool also appears as an unlockable trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl; his Brawl trophy's description suggesting that Kaptain K. Rool is actually his brother and not one of his disguises. This is due to the fact that in the Japanese continuities of the games, his alter-egos (with the exception of King Krusha K. Rool) are considered his relatives."

From Wiki so who knows how reliable it is...that's just where I heard it from....
From the Mario Wiki, yes. But I also looked it up on the game, and it says so.

It plays in Tall, Tall Mountain too.
I ALMOST said that, but I wasn't sure.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I found another thing.

YOU'RE IGNORANT.

Oh wait, that's true.

*slaps you anyways*

... but he could be the Male Princess. XD
*just making fun, thus Maining Marth*
What's amatta, you wouldn't main a chick?

Puffs

Smash Ace
Plenty of mistakes:

Sonic.

The trophy for Samus' Dark Suit says she receives it in Torvus Bog. This is inaccurate. In Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, she gets it in Dark Agon Wastes after defeating Amorbis.

Marth is referred to as male.

They keep calling Dr. Robotnik "Eggman".

And lastly, they forgot to put Mewtwo on the character select screen.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Crizthakidd was being sarcastic. Anybody who flamed him needs to be executed.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Golden Sun song indeed includes whole parts of the final battle theme from said game.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Eggman's name in Japan was always Eggman, jsyk. He was never Dr. Robotnik.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
they claimed that dark samus's origins are unknown....
way to piss off the dark hunters, sakurai.
technically samus didn't SEE dark samus's "birth".

also, we don't really know the origin of metroid prime, anyway...

peinoftherain

Smash Rookie
Hm...well Lyn's trophy claims that she is 15. But in the English GBA game they claim she is 18. Possible misprint perhaps? O_o

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
His full name is Eggman Robotnik.

Sonic and his gang call him Eggman since Sonic Adventure.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
His full name is Eggman Robotnik.

Sonic and his gang call him Eggman since Sonic Adventure.
His full name before Sonic Advance was Ivo Robotnik. Eggman was a nickname assigned to him by Sonic and friends due to his egg obsession (mainly the way that most of his badniks and mechs look like them, like the Eggrobos).

From Sonic Advance onwards, his actual name was changed to Eggman, which had always been the case in Japan.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I'm surprised that no one noticed that, in the trophy section, the Yoshi series trophies are under "Yoshi's Island" and the Kirby series trophies are under "Kirby Super Star". I can understand the latter, as the Kirby series is "Hoshi no Kirby" (Kirby of the Stars) in Japan, but where did the former come from? As far as I know, it's always been the "Yoshi" series.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
they mislabed black knights theme as dark knights theme. If thats another jp thing then NOA must not have ever played a fire Emblem game....

Top Bottom