• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Misprints in Brawl

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
it says marths a GUY!

Bad Joke. Old one too.

I'm surprised that no one noticed that, in the trophy section, the Yoshi series trophies are under "Yoshi's Island" and the Kirby series trophies are under "Kirby Super Star". I can understand the latter, as the Kirby series is "Hoshi no Kirby" (Kirby of the Stars) in Japan, but where did the former come from? As far as I know, it's always been the "Yoshi" series.
I noticed. All of te Metal Gear trophies are under Metal Gear Solid although the Franchise is called Metal Gear. Also, the Titles off all the Sonic games are in capital letters, even though they shouldn't be.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm surprised that no one noticed that, in the trophy section, the Yoshi series trophies are under "Yoshi's Island" and the Kirby series trophies are under "Kirby Super Star". I can understand the latter, as the Kirby series is "Hoshi no Kirby" (Kirby of the Stars) in Japan, but where did the former come from? As far as I know, it's always been the "Yoshi" series.
I think it may be because "Yoshi's Island" is the most well-known title in relation with the overall "Yoshi" series. At least they gave the series some unabridged recognition from the Mario series.

That just sparked an idea... they should make a full 3D Yoshi game, whether it be a new Yoshi's Island or whatever. It could be interesting.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
idk about Brawl missprints, but while I was looking at what the VC said about Super Mario 64 (I was bored), it said that it had "unmatched camera control, sure to make adventuring a snap", or around that.

Huh.

Spire

III
BRoomer
idk about Brawl missprints, but while I was looking at what the VC said about Super Mario 64 (I was bored), it said that it had "unmatched camera control, sure to make adventuring a snap", or around that.

Huh.
That's how they get your money.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
how bout the fact that there are no "porky" s in earthbound, his name is pokey.
Actually, his Japanese name is ?-?- (Po-ki- for those who can't read katakana), which can be read as Pokey or Porky. In fact, in Mother 3, in New Pork City there are signs around that say, in english, "Emperor Porky" and things of the like. So, Pokey, Porky, read it how you like. But it's not a misprint.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've noticed a few here and there (mainly trophy descriptions). but nothing like that should bother anyone.
Judging by how large this thread has already grown (for what it is), I'd say it does matter to people. Some just can't get over wrong information and typos.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord

Bad Joke. Old one too.

I noticed. All of te Metal Gear trophies are under Metal Gear Solid although the Franchise is called Metal Gear. Also, the Titles off all the Sonic games are in capital letters, even though they shouldn't be.
All of the trophies ARE from Metal Gear Solid.

Not counting Snake and I guess you can say Naked Snake since he is Big Boss.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
technically samus didn't SEE dark samus's "birth".

also, we don't really know the origin of metroid prime, anyway...
Metroid Prime was a Metroid who absorbed massive amounts of Phazon. I'm pretty sure it says that in one of the pirate logs.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Metroid Prime was a Metroid who absorbed massive amounts of Phazon. I'm pretty sure it says that in one of the pirate logs.
Actually, the logs say that it's not known exactly what Metroid Prime is. All that is known is that it has similarities to other Metroids.

I find all these misprints to be amazing, IMO. These trophies are straight from the horse's mouth and the horse was surprisingly wrong. If Sakurai was the one who wrote all the descriptions, someone should slap him and let Retro, Inteliigent Systems, Konami, etc. do it themselves.

Also, according to Wiki, there were also inaccuracies in Melee too. For example, the description on Ayumi Tachibana was inaccurate. Also, the game states that Young Link is the true Link. This has never been said, but it's considered accurate by most since most games have Link as a kid.

icicleblade

Smash Apprentice
They delayed the game for half a year...and they still had typos.
Considering how much time they spent on Brawl, and delaying it a lot, I would have expected more accuracy from them. **** you, Sakurai, you delayed it for so long, yet it still has major typos. But it's not that big a deal, no one's going to go "Brawl has a lot of typos, it sucks".

Lord Aether

Smash Apprentice
I actually thought Marth was a girl and was not wholly convinced when I read the description waaaaaaaaay back in Melee.

And yeah, Dark Knight should be Black Knight considering the game's been released.

yhchaosbdon

Smash Rookie
I really dislike the misspelled "formes" in Deoxys' description. It is misspelled like 6 times.
It's actually not spelled wrong, because I've seen it spelled like that in the games and on Pokemon.com too. It's a different way of spelling it, is all....

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Everything regarding the music is wrong in the English version. If you downloaded the OST you'd see why.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Actually, the logs say that it's not known exactly what Metroid Prime is. All that is known is that it has similarities to other Metroids.

I find all these misprints to be amazing, IMO. These trophies are straight from the horse's mouth and the horse was surprisingly wrong. If Sakurai was the one who wrote all the descriptions, someone should slap him and let Retro, Inteliigent Systems, Konami, etc. do it themselves.

Also, according to Wiki, there were also inaccuracies in Melee too. For example, the description on Ayumi Tachibana was inaccurate. Also, the game states that Young Link is the true Link. This has never been said, but it's considered accurate by most since most games have Link as a kid.
That Link thing is true, if you look at the GB gen and etc.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's funny how they can't explain things and they use the word "somehow" in almost every trophy.

Iraku

Smash Cadet
In the music slection, when you see Sonic Racing, they say that the source is "Sonic R" instead of Sonic Racing.
No, Sonic R is correct.

Well, at least they got over 90% of all the other music selections and trophy descriptions right, ignoring that some of them are just because it's translated from what's canon in Japan to here.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What bothers me is how they didn't edit the King K. Rool trophy. In Japan, apparently King K. Rool and Kaptain K. Rool (From DKC2) are brothers...but they're the same person in the American version......
This greatly irritated me as well.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I really dislike the misspelled "formes" in Deoxys' description. It is misspelled like 6 times.
It's actually not spelled wrong, because I've seen it spelled like that in the games and on Pokemon.com too. It's a different way of spelling it, is all....
It's in the 3rd gen PokeDex description. All the games.
Actually, forme is now the official spelling. It was changed to forme to follow the spelling of Giratina's Origin Forme, and is how it will be spelled in all future games and other related media.

Top Bottom