• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Misprints in Brawl

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Before I begin, anyone mind explaining to me WHY metroid has some dude vocalizing on some of the franchise songs?

THERE WAS NEVER ANY SPEAKING ON THE SONGS, THEY RUINED TWO GREAT SONGS BY TRYING TO MAKE IT HIP!

On to my observations.

There is no Giygas, which is probably the largest misprint next to not having Threed.

Sakurai said he would try not to cater in favor to one side of the nationality pool WAAAAY back, but if you look carefully, he thoroughly screwed many NA game favorites by *******izing them.

For instance, the only new things we got from Mother was Mother 3 stuff. Mother 3 came with a character, a brand new level, and 95% of the new songs for the mother franchise are Mother 3 contributions, and Earthbound only got 1 song, and it was a remix. Not a BAD remix, but seriously, ONE song is all we got that was new for Earthbound?

Please bear in mind that on the lost tracks hidden away on the CD, there was originally a New Age Retro Hippie song, Eight Melodies, and Smiles and Tears. These three were Mother 2 exclusive songs, yet they did not add them.

More bias is shown regarding Metroid. I don't think I have to go to intricate detail to prove why. Just listen to some of the songs they chose, and look at the fact that after 3 games, she still has no one to rep her franchise alongside her.

Fire Emblem got a butt load of songs, and don't get me started on the Kirby franchise. That game got so much ridiculous bias going for it in Brawl, it's sad. Kirby and DeDeDe end up being the two most important characters in the game, and most of the remixes came FROM the Kirby franchise.

Some more misprints are rampant in the demo times, mainly SMB2. Notice how it says 2:00 minutes? I counted, it lasts for 1:35 =(

Yeah, I know that it may not seem like a real misprint with my venting about franchises getting stiffed, but considering the man made a ton of claims and how he did not follow through on many of them, I GUESS that counts as a misprint.

Either way, I had to vent. Mother 2 got screwed over WAY too much in my opinion, and that alone ticks me off.

Ninja Sheikah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9559-3780
I have never played and of the Earthbound/Mother games ( would like too >_> come on VC) but I think it got the screw over big time in this game. But anyway Beast Ganon is listed as "Super Smash Brothers Brawl" and not Twlight Princess.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Please bear in mind that on the lost tracks hidden away on the CD, there was originally a New Age Retro Hippie song, Eight Melodies, and Smiles and Tears. These three were Mother 2 exclusive songs, yet they did not add them.
Actually, Smiles and Tears and Because I Love You were the only songs exclusive to MOTHER 2/Earthbound and those were cut. Everything else originated from either MOTHER or MOTHER 3.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Actually, Smiles and Tears and Because I Love You were the only songs exclusive to MOTHER 2/Earthbound and those were cut. Everything else originated from either MOTHER or MOTHER 3.
Well, Eight Melodies now that I think about it was reoccuring theme in both Mother AND Mother 2 correct? But that was because you could only kill Giygas with it.

I can't believe I forgot "Because I Love You."

Also, did Mother even have the NARH?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, Eight Melodies now that I think about it was reoccuring theme in both Mother AND Mother 2 correct? But that was because you could only kill Giygas with it.

I can't believe I forgot "Because I Love You."

Also, did Mother even have the NARH?
You didn't kill Giygas with either of the Eight Melodies. Remember, the Eight Melodies in MOTHER goes like this:

Take a melody
Simple as can be
Give it some words and
Sweet harmony
Raise your voices
All day long now, love grows strong now
Sing a melody of love
Oh, love

The second one is what Smiles and Tears is based off of.

Besides, all the original did was made Giygas give up and retreat in MOTHER 1. Paula's prayers killed him in MOTHER 2.

As for the NARH theme, it's in MOTHER as well, albeit arranged slightly different.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I've noticed that there are quite a few misprints in Brawl.

First off, on Sothe's trophy, it says that he is a skilled swordsman. Sothe does not wield swords of any kind, only a knife. Also, Ike's Theme was originally called Eternal Bond in Radiant Dawn. The Battle Scene/ Final Boss (Golden Sun) is titled incorrectly, it's not the final boss theme, and it's the battle music for GS2.

Anyone find any other mistakes?
Um the music is.
Its a remix of the Battle music from GS2 and the Final boss music from GS2.

-_-;

Top Bottom