• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Easily a completely new moveset, although I dont mind some of her moves being inspired by some of Pit's old ones, like spinning staff being Pit's spinning bow, or the angling of one of her reflectors is like the Mirror Shield that's improved.
EDIT: I think the word "influence" describes it better than inspired.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
That's what I was thinking. I think that was my favorite of Pit's Brawl moves because it was so annoying :p
The shield wasn't very useful, so I was thinking her shield could just work like Link's. She can't take his glide, and his old recovery wouldn't make sense for her. And that Final Smash wasn't too great, so a centurion may be able to fit in her moveset somewhere else. The rest can involve magic attacks from her staff/ references to her boss fight.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Question: Would you prefer Palutena to take some of Pit's old moves, or have a completely new moveset?
Definitely a new moveset. Smash Bros is lacking in the magic users department so having another character with projectile magic powers sounds much more appealing.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I am not fond of the idea for her to use some of Pit's old moves, why?
We have claimed countless times the great adittion Palutena would make, and that she has a different concept than the others, why ruin the oportunity for Palutena to have the fresh and diverse movepool, we fans talk to others of?
That said only the Shield would make sense to be similar to Pit's other than that NEW MOVES please!

andimidna

Smash Master
Alright, it's decided and agreed on. Palutena should and will most likely bring something new to the table without much recycled moves from Brawl. :3
I still wouldn't mind her spinning her staff like Pit did in Brawl with the bow, it wouldn't seem so uninspired, I mean, look at Sheik's new moves. I haven't seen anybody complain about them. He's pretty much taking Snake's grenades and ZSS's down special, yet it's still an improvement.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Alright, it's decided and agreed on. Palutena should and will most likely bring something new to the table without much recycled moves from Brawl. :3
I still wouldn't mind her spinning her staff like Pit did in Brawl with the bow, it wouldn't seem so uninspired, I mean, look at Sheik's new moves. I haven't seen anybody complain about them. He's pretty much taking Snake's grenades and ZSS's down special, yet it's still an improvement.
Seeing as Snake probably isn't going to return, it's likely Sakurai could be taking Snake's moveset and seeing where they fit elsewhere. Snake's side special being the Steel Diver item and Sheik having grenades are examples.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Don't mean to hate or anything, but I would like to see her in smash, but I don't she is a good fit for the game. You only ever see here once in combat and all she does is float around and shoot lasers or hit you with a staff, and I don't think that's a good fit for a game like smash, and I she were in she'd be really slow like Gannondorf because she would float around like Mewtwo did. She isn't the type to do combat and that's why she has Pit so I think don't see her being in smash bros anytime soon.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Don't mean to hate or anything, but I would like to see her in smash, but I don't she is a good fit for the game. You only ever see here once in combat and all she does is float around and shoot lasers or hit you with a staff, and I don't think that's a good fit for a game like smash, and I she were in she'd be really slow like Gannondorf because she would float around like Mewtwo did. She isn't the type to do combat and that's why she has Pit so I think don't see her being in smash bros anytime soon.
Should I mention how many times Zelda is seen fighting prior to her inclusion in Smash Bros Melee? Or Sheik's fights? :troll:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon your argument is invalid

Burigu

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon was a muscly guy in spandex before smash, it was obvious to give him punches and things. Palutena is a Goddess who has a servant to do her bidding why would she fight?
You were not talking about their clothes, you said "she floats around only once use laser etc" so Falcon is the best example show me actual gameplay in F Zero were he use these punches then you will have a point, otherwise, let's get ride of Peach and Zelda dresses and put them in spandex Zelda never fight or use the magic the way she does in smash series.

Lastly but not less important this is SMASH and not KID ICARUS so any argument related to plot for that game is irrelevant otherwise Mario can't hit Peach I will not take any arguments like "she can't fight she is a goddess" or "Pit does her job" for the same reason

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
You were not talking about their clothes, you said "she floats around only once use laser etc" so Falcon is the best example show me actual gameplay in F Zero were he use these punches then you will have a point, otherwise, let's get ride of Peach and Zelda dresses and put them in spandex Zelda never fight or use the magic the way she does in smash series.

Lastly but not less important this is SMASH and not KID ICARUS so any argument related to plot for that game is irrelevant otherwise Mario can't hit Peach I will not take any arguments like "she can't fight she is a goddess" or "Pit does her job" for the same reason
You have points there on how plot has nothing to do with it, I just can't see her in the game as a fighter, she doesn't have the potential.
Counter Arguments

Ice Climbers: they were playable, they climbed ice mountains and they had hammers, so make a move set of ice and hammers
Capt.Falc: again guy in spandex and muscles and an Capt.America vibe to him
Game&Watch: moves based around game
Rob: okay on this one Sakurai pulled a moveset out of his ass I'll give you that
Zelda: she was shown to use magic a lot, and Sheik was a ninja

IronFish

Smash Ace
Chuggaconroy XD

Again all she does is float around and shoot lasers at you. If she were in she'd be like Mewtwo and float but she'd have moves that would have her do like the boss fight and stay still physically but float around and there isn't a lot to go off of

Let's not forget how much battles Rosalina, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer does in their respective games! :awesome:
They had abilities that could be made into attacks like shovels and bowling balls and yoga poses

Last edited:

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
Chuggaconroy XD

Again all she does is float around and shoot lasers at you. If she were in she'd be like Mewtwo and float but she'd have moves that would have her do like the boss fight and stay still physically but float around and there isn't a lot to go off of
And that alone is much more of a source to base a moveset out of than Captain Falcon, Fox, Rosalina, Villager, Zelda and Wii Fit Trainer ever had before they joined Smash.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
You have points there on how plot has nothing to do with it, I just can't see her in the game as a fighter, she doesn't have the potential.
Counter Arguments

Ice Climbers: they were playable, they climbed ice mountains and they had hammers, so make a move set of ice and hammers
Rob: okay on this one Sakurai pulled a moveset out of his *** I'll give you that
Palutena has light magic, a staff, and actually fights in her game in one chapter..... your points are ivalid, sorry..

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Counter Arguments

Rob: okay on this one Sakurai pulled a moveset out of his *** I'll give you that
It's funny how you use these characters as "proof" in your favor.
Ice Climber: never in the game they are shown using Ice attacks yet they have them in smash
Captain Falcon: yeah because muscle guys in spandex actually translate to fire punches and kicks
Game & Watch: honestly if you say "moves BASED around game why shouldn't Palutena
Zelda: she use magic yet never use Din's fire, Farore's Wind and Nayru's love

What I mean if they could put movesets to characters with almost zero references why they can't adapt Palutena, who was showing ACTUAL fighting moves in her series, your list of characters above only confirms that they can do anything with any character, even putting them out of their minds

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
She would be cool in smash I just don't see her in the game, then again a year ago I would of said the same about WFT

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
It's funny how you use these characters as "proof" in your favor.
Ice Climber: never in the game they are shown using Ice attacks yet they have them in smash
Captain Falcon: yeah because muscle guys in spandex actually translate to fire punches and kicks
Game & Watch: honestly if you say "moves BASED around game why shouldn't Palutena
Zelda: she use magic yet never use Din's fire, Farore's Wind and Nayru's love

What I mean if they could put movesets to characters with almost zero references why they can't adapt Palutena, who was showing ACTUAL fighting moves in her series, your list of characters above only confirms that they can do anything with any character, even putting them out of their minds
Don't forget the part how the game is "Ice Climber" unless you had a friend, you played as a solo Popo.

Burigu

Smash Ace
She would be cool in smash I just don't see her in the game, then again a year ago I would of said the same about WFT
Just for the record I am not saying she is in the game, but all your arguments are flawed, most of the characters have "inspired" at best moves of their series. Saying C. Flacon is OBVIOUSLY going to use punches because of his looks is simply wrong.
Palutena actually shows moves that can be use in smash or moves inspired in them for you it's logic have"inspired" movepool for all of them but not Palutena you clearly has a bias against her.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Counter Arguments

Link me to anything Zelda did that was magical in the first 6 Zelda games.
Video proof. Gimme.
(PS you won't find it because it doesn't exist, all of her moves were either taken from Link (Goddess Magic) or made up (Lightning Kick))
She didn't fight until later games like Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks, and she now uses moves from those games in newer Smash Bros like the Light Arrow (Twilight Princess) and the Phantom Knight (Spirit Tracks))

Let's not forget how much battles Rosalina, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer does in their respective games! :awesome:
Rosalina basically just had her Comet Observatory(SMG1), Force Field(SMG1), and Spin Attack/Jump(SM3DW).
And guess how many of them she actually uses in Smash Bros? :p
NONE.

I love her but that always makes me laugh.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
she could change her eye color without contact lenses, and hair color
So there's transform, her down special. Which doesn't work as an attack and has been removed from Smash 4.
Who's to say that wasn't Impa's magic that made her that way? (in canon)

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
The fun ends when someone can't counter point you and prefer to ignore the facts you bring to the table it's a shame (talking to myself)

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Rosalina basically just had her Comet Observatory(SMG1), Force Field(SMG1), and Spin Attack/Jump(SM3DW).
And guess how many of them she actually uses in Smash Bros? :p
NONE.
She uses the spin attack, but it's passive. ( The one that pulls items in.)

And Iron, it's just your own feeling if you don't see her in, that's fine.. but it's silly to argue she doesn't have potential considering that quite a few other fighters had way less before they got in.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Zelda has a bunch of spells Link used before, when she only transformed into Sheik. Frankly, Sheik has more canon skills than Zelda.

Ness had potential movesets, but uses other people's moves from his series. Captain Falcon never actually fought before the manga/anime.

Peach is actually almost a worse offender, but her lack of moveset potential (far worse than any lack of potential Palutena has) was still put together into a really interesting moveset.

Palutena herself actually gets a full moveset for even a small moment of Uprising. Not to mention she has limitless goddess powers. And whatever a Glam Blaster is. It's fine if you "can't see it" or don't want it, but to ignore that other characters haven't "seemingly" had potential before, only to be made into something very interesting, and say that the same probably won't happen for Palutena, is just silly.

As a side note, all Fox and Falco did before 64/Melee was fly around. And when they were on the ground, they had a SINGLE laser. Which seems to be the complaint about Palutena. She at least has a staff and a shield. So...

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Just 3 words: Wii Fit Trainer
I rest my case

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Alright, I find this thread all sorts of interesting.

The complete lack of Palutena in Pit's Final Smash, the Pseudo-Palutena fakeout, and the Palutena stage has convinced me that Palutena is an unlockable character that won't be revealed until after the release of the 3DS title.

Now, I have but one last question left:

How will Palutena deal with upskirt shots?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Er...I mean...

Well...uh...something....something...Zelda.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

The complete lack of Palutena in Pit's Final Smash, the Pseudo-Palutena fakeout, and the Palutena stage has convinced me that Palutena is an unlockable character that won't be revealed until after the release of the 3DS title.

Probably couldn't play as her when other people are in the room. And if I lack tissues near by for my.... nosebleeds.

Burigu

Smash Ace

Antigravity like in the second part of Palutena revolting dinner

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
-Does any current character have a staff as a weapon?
-Potential chance of shield bash attacks. Other characters with shields don't do this.
-Various light projectiles
-Doesn't need Centurions to be unique
-Other abilities shown outside the boss battle, some shown in the anime short.
-Besides, if Little Mac, whose moves pretty much only consist of punches and jabs, is playable, why can't Palutena be playable?

I could go on, but that's just a bit of some stuff she can bring to us.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Even though it's insanely likely Palutena will get in, I have this nagging feeling the Sakurai could decide not to based on the fact he didn't initially put King Dedede and Meta Knight in Smash Bros because he didn't want to over represent his own games. With all the Kid Icarus items and refrences, what if he's using that as a means of representing the game without puting in a new character? Thoughts?

andimidna

Smash Master
Robin form Fire Emblem Awakening would be a cool magic user and he could use his sword for melee attacks
Yea, he could have a neat stance based moveset, but he wouldn't be at all similar to Palutena with her long staff and extremely different magic abilities. Not to mention other moves from the anime short thing. (Revolting Dinner)

Even though it's insanely likely Palutena will get in, I have this nagging feeling the Sakurai could decide not to based on the fact he didn't initially put King Dedede and Meta Knight in Smash Bros because he didn't want to over represent his own games. With all the Kid Icarus items and refrences, what if he's using that as a means of representing the game without puting in a new character? Thoughts?
Just like all of the Pokemon mean we probably won't be getting that many playable Poke-
Oh, wait...
Pokemon has the most characters.

Because he finally added them, we know that modesty is gone.
And he'd probably be less modest with series he didn't create.

Last edited:
Top Bottom