• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Robin form Fire Emblem Awakening would be a cool magic user and he could use his sword for melee attacks
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're saying if another magic user that also used melee attacks was in, Palutena couldn't!!!!

Must I remind you that Link, Toon Link, Marth, Ike, possibly Takumaru, Chrom and Roy and Young Link all attacked with Swords??????? I don't see how having one somewhat similar character could hurt one's chances.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Even though it's insanely likely Palutena will get in, I have this nagging feeling the Sakurai could decide not to based on the fact he didn't initially put King Dedede and Meta Knight in Smash Bros because he didn't want to over represent his own games. With all the Kid Icarus items and refrences, what if he's using that as a means of representing the game without puting in a new character? Thoughts?
I think it might be showing the opposite now of how he is going to really represent his characters/games now more than ever, plus spear dee for smash

IronFish

Smash Ace
Yea, he could have a neat stance based moveset, but he wouldn't be at all similar to Palutena with her long staff and extremely different magic abilities. Not to mention other moves from the anime short thing. (Revolting Dinner)

Just like all of the Pokemon mean we probably won't be getting that many playable Poke-
Oh, wait...
Pokemon has the most characters.
I think he would just use his sword for Melee and Magic for specials

Wrong place champ not even related, at this point I think you tried and failed at trolling
You were talking about Magic users and I was just saying, also wasn't trolling in the first place

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I think he would just use his sword for Melee and Magic for specials
Actually, I was considering that as well.
Seems like a good idea and not at all unlikely in my opinion.
But if we had to have1 of the 2, the clear winner is Palutena.
No bias. There were about 80 voters on Palutena's RTC day and the lowest chance score she received was 70%
Today is Robin's RTC day, and he has yet to receive a single score that is 70% or higher.

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're saying if another magic user that also used melee attacks was in, Palutena couldn't!!!!

Must I remind you that Link, Toon Link, Marth, Ike, possibly Takumaru, Chrom and Roy and Young Link all attacked with Swords??????? I don't see how having one somewhat similar character could hurt one's chances.
Exactly.
I currently have both Palutena and Robin on my roster...
But this isn't a Robin thread, so we should get back to the Goddess.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Robin form Fire Emblem Awakening would be a cool magic user and he could use his sword for melee attacks
Since all your arguments were dissproven now you are trying hard to keep trying not even impresed, C Falcon a human, Ice Climbers humans can manage to cast fire and ice but A GODDESS in your eyes can't? you clearly are trolling

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Yea, he could have a neat stance based moveset, but he wouldn't be at all similar to Palutena with her long staff and extremely different magic abilities. Not to mention other moves from the anime short thing. (Revolting Dinner)

Just like all of the Pokemon mean we probably won't be getting that many playable Poke-
Oh, wait...
Pokemon has the most characters.

Because he finally added them, we know that modesty is gone.
And he'd probably be less modest with series he didn't create.
When it comes to Pokemon, I think that's just from the fact GameFreak or whoever runs the licensing behind Pokemon wants it to really be advertised in Smash Bros. And it took Sakurai until a roster of 39 characters to put his own in and deliberately chose not to put them in Melee. I definitely want Palutena in, she's at the top of my most wanted list, but I also don't want to be dissapointed at the small chance she isn't included.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I'm not going to get into a flame war over opinions so let's just stop here
Ok don't get the wrong idea, I just like when people use good arguments when interchaning ideas, I don't like when people use "I think" "she looks like etc" or so if you have something to say I hope you bring facts to the table and not contradiciting your own statement with any character but Palutena

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Robin has nothing to do with this thread. I get the comparison, but they would play nothing alike in theory. Palutena has a staff, not a sword.

Also, Palutena isn't Sakurai's creation. He certainly gave her a personality, but it's not "modesty" if he choses not to use her, because he didn't make her, and he's not plugging his creations into the game in that case.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to do that. People like to say whatever though.

andimidna

Smash Master
Even though it's insanely likely Palutena will get in, I have this nagging feeling the Sakurai could decide not to based on the fact he didn't initially put King Dedede and Meta Knight in Smash Bros because he didn't want to over represent his own games. With all the Kid Icarus items and refrences, what if he's using that as a means of representing the game without puting in a new character? Thoughts?
This was a valid argument before the Palutena Leak.
After the leak, Sakurai kept showing off Kid Icarus content until he eventually trolled a statue of her.
Now she's in Salromano's Leak too.
And Sakurai himself trolls a Pseudo Palutena trophy right after showing Pit's new final smash.

When all we were going off was what we thought made sense, and what would fit well due to recent prominence, popularity, and moveset potential...
There was doubt.

But time after time Sakurai has ensured us she'll be playable.
In Brawl, all she was was a Final Smash. That's gone.
People said the Palutena Leak could be of an Assist.
Isabelle has no outlines on the 3ds.

The arguments against her have all been shot down time after time.
None are left.

If Sakurai was so modest and didn't want to make it look like he was "pushing content" from Kid Icarus into the game instead of representing equally...
Why was Pit in Yoshi's place of Nintendo's main 8 series in the beginning of the original trailer for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds?
The starter series went from Mario, Yoshi, DK, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Kirby to Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Pit, Fox, Pikachu, Kirby
Sure, in SSB64 we have characters from series that have yet to get a 2nd character, but out of the starter series?
It was only Metroid, but Zero Suit Samus is now her own character, therefore is a 2nd rep.
That singles Pit out as the only one alone.
And there's no KI character more iconic than Palutena other than Pit.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
After the leak, Sakurai kept showing off Kid Icarus content until he eventually trolled a statue of her.
And Sakurai himself trolls a Pseudo Palutena trophy right after showing Pit's new final smash.

When all we were going off was what we thought made sense, and what would fit well due to recent prominence, popularity, and moveset potential...
There was doubt.

None are left.

If Sakurai was so modest and didn't want to make it look like he was "pushing content" from Kid Icarus into the game instead of representing equally...
Why was Pit in Yoshi's place of Nintendo's main 8 series in the beginning of the original trailer for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds?
The starter series went from Mario, Yoshi, DK, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Kirby to Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Pit, Fox, Pikachu, Kirby
Sure, in SSB64 we have characters from series that have yet to get a 2nd character, but out of the starter series?
It was only Metroid, but Zero Suit Samus is now her own character, therefore is a 2nd rep.
I'm pretty sure they didn't reveal Yoshi at first because they believed (key word being 'they') Yoshi was getting a big change and wanted to wait before revealing him so the next best thing would be to show a veteran that represents another series which was Kid Icarus.

Burigu

Smash Ace

There was doubt.

None are left.

Also in Smash Direct, Pit is shown four times and everyone else only two, at the very end when all characters are shown

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If you had any doubt Sakurai was packing as much Uprising in the game as possible, the list of new items ought to put those doubts to rest.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I realize there have been a ton if hints and I'm all for believing they are, but there's a part of my brain that says "No these aren't hints, you're just misinterpreting everything."

If you had any doubt Sakurai was packing as much Uprising in the game as possible, the list of new items ought to put those doubts to rest.
That's my point, there's so many Kid Icarus Uprising items that I feel he thinks he doesn't need to put in a new character because it's already represented enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So far Zelda has gotten the exact same amount of new items as KI, more if you count the assist trophies, so I don't see what you're getting at.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm kinda late to the moves, but I'm hoping Palutena has a move that involves kicking or knee bashes (slight bias against Falcon). The thing is have you seen her thighs? They're already huge and muscular iirc, so I'm sure a move involving her powerful legs could be one of her stronger moves as well. We already established that she could also use attacks that has her using her shield, too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So far Zelda has gotten the exact same amount of new items as KI, more if you count the assist trophies, so I don't see what you're getting at.
I mean, Zelda's not exactly comparable to KI as a series; an influx from items from a long-established series in not just Smash but Nintendo is one thing. I'd say suddenly getting 5-6 items from Uprising is more surprising.

Though it IS true that alot of Zelda items are from SS. Still, it's alot of attention to KI, regardless.

andimidna

Smash Master
That's my point, there's so many Kid Icarus Uprising items that I feel he thinks he doesn't need to put in a new character because it's already represented enough.
It's not like there is a representation minimum and maximum limit.
For all we know Kid Icarus could end up having the least amount of items per series, but he's revealed them all early.
We can't know. That's just an assumption.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm just going to say that's probably not going to be the case. I just don't get that logic, unless you don't like Palutena. At which point I'm not sure why you're here.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
For all we know Kid Icarus could end up having the least amount of items per series, but he's revealed them all early.
I never said there was a representation limit, I just feel that the amount of Kid Icarus items (which is to say, quite a lot) may be enough for Sakurai and not need to put in a new character.

andimidna

Smash Master
If it's getting a lot of content, that doesn't mean it's making up for the lack of something else.
It means there's a possibility it is leading to something in the near future...
Spring flowers trolls bring May flowers Goddesses
Palutena is teh May flower <3
or E3...

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to say that's probably not going to be the case. I just don't get that logic, unless you don't like Palutena. At which point I'm not sure why you're here.
Trust me when I say I'd be quite saddened if she weren't a playable character, she marks number 1 on my most wanted characters list. I'm just EXTREMELY cautios about characters because often times, I see myself and many others misinterpret things and create false hope, case in point, everything that is labeled as a hint for Palutena. Do I want to believe they are hints? Yes. Are they probably hints? Yes. Are they guaranteed hints? No.

andimidna

Smash Master
I never said there was a representation limit, I just feel that the amount of Kid Icarus items (which is to say, quite a lot) may be enough for Sakurai and not need to put in a new character.
K... now respond to this part

Trust me when I say I'd be quite saddened if she weren't a playable character, she marks number 1 on my most wanted characters list. I'm just EXTREMELY cautios about characters because often times, I see myself and many others misinterpret things and create false hope, case in point, everything that is labeled as a hint for Palutena. Do I want to believe they are hints? Yes. Are they probably hints? Yes. Are they guaranteed hints? No.
Did you see the Pseudo trophy?
There is literally no other way to interpret that.
In fact, I'd love to see someone try

(PS we're not accusing you of not wanting her, we're arguing that she's likely)

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
K... now respond to this part
I guess I worded that wrong. To clarify, Sakurai is known to try (key word being 'try') to be humble about what he includes in Smash Bros from his own games. Granted while he didn't create the Kid Icarus series, he did create everything used in Smash Bros from that series, Pit and Palutena's redesign and the items being examples. Knowing this I feel it's possible Sakurai might not want to over represent Kid Icarus by including another character but instead put items in that reference the game. I know I'm probably just being a little too cautious and pessimistic, but what can you expect? She is my most wanted character so my mind tries to find any excuse to not put her in.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Look, to me it's at the point where if she's not in, I'll be so absolutely surprised that I probably wouldn't even be disappointed. Just flabbergasted. And I want her alot.

At this point it doesn't really do to worry, because there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

Besides, if she's not in, the Sal Leak is wrong, which would confuse the hell out of me. Who knows, maybe it is, but honestly, calm down with the concern.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I guess I worded that wrong. To clarify, Sakurai is known to try (key word being 'try') to be humble about what he includes in Smash Bros from his own games. Granted while he didn't create the Kid Icarus series, he did create everything used in Smash Bros from that series, Pit and Palutena's redesign and the items being examples. Knowing this I feel it's possible Sakurai might not want to over represent Kid Icarus by including another character but instead put items in that reference the game. I know I'm probably just being a little too cautious and pessimistic, but what can you expect? She is my most wanted character so my mind tries to find any excuse to not put her in.
Sakura is not that humble look at SSE, Halbert Meta Knight's ship has a major play in the plot, Dedede creates badges that counter the trophyfication (or something like that) Kirby appears from the begining, rescue a princess, is part of the reinforcements near the ice Peak were Ike, PKMN Trainers and others are outnumbered by primids and destroy the SS Gun with the Dragoon another item from a game Sakurai made, he is the only playable character for the whole adventure to revive thanks to Dedede Badges and help him Luigi and Ness rescuing the others.

Also the gameplay is basically Kirby Super Star, and Tabuu is inspired in Marx for the same game

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Sakura is not that humble look at SSE, Halbert Meta Knight's ship has a major play in the plot, Dedede creates badges that counter the trophyfication (or something like that) Kirby appears from the begining, rescue a princess, is part of the reinforcements near the ice Peak were Ike, PKMN Trainers and others are outnumbered by primids and destroy the SS Gun with the Dragoon another item from a game Sakurai made, he is the only playable character to revive thanks to Dedede Badges and help him Luigi and Ness rescuing the others.

Also the gameplay is basically Kirby Super Star, and Tabuu is inspired in Marx for the same game
"Key word being 'try'" He also chose not to include more Kirby characters from previous installments.

andimidna

Smash Master
Sakurai was only modest in Melee, which is when he made that statement.
There was A LOT of Kirby content in Brawl. So he's not modest about that kind of thing anymore.
Everytime we get Kid Icarus and Kirby related updates I get more and more confident in this.

A thing to remember: Sakurai isn't the only developer for this game. She is very popular. It's not doubtful that the team would lover her too and push for her inclusion. I'm sure that there'd be people there to convince him to add another KI character if he didn't want to. But that was the past, and in the present everything is pointing towards her, that's why the RTC thread has just rated her with a 95%+, higher than anybody else, ever. By a large margin. She is in a better spot than any other newcomer choice, and is #1 or #2 in popularity.

If they don't add Palutena, then they won't add anybody.
I swear, the only way I could see her not making the game is if the game gets cancelled :p
(Which isn't happening)

Burigu

Smash Ace
"Key word being 'try'" He also chose not to include more Kirby characters from previous installments.
If he tries he fails miserably,
In Melee, the All Star mode is based on Kirby's Arena and the waiting music is the same as the Great Cave's rooms where you can save your game.
The menu of Kirby Air Ride, SSBB and KIU is shockingly similar.
Master Hand and Crazy Hand are based on Wham Bam Rock

Edit: the shield mechanic also comes from Kirby Super Star

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I think my cautions have been slightly put to rest, thank you everyone. You've lessened the caution of the possibility she won't be a character. Thank you.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I not sure having Dedede and Pit planned since SSB64 is being modest. Although Pit wasn't "his" character at that time.

Also, SSB64 boxart, with Kirby being the only one not in a "comicbook panel".

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm kinda late to the moves, but I'm hoping Palutena has a move that involves kicking or knee bashes (slight bias against Falcon). The thing is have you seen her thighs? They're already huge and muscular iirc, so I'm sure a move involving her powerful legs could be one of her stronger moves as well. We already established that she could also use attacks that has her using her shield, too.
Dem thighs. Mmmmmmmmmmm. *cough*ahem!

So, uh, when's Smashboards going to put her up with all the other confirmed characters? Because, i mean, c'mon, it's pretty obvious she's in.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Dem thighs. Mmmmmmmmmmm. *cough*ahem!

So, uh, when's Smashboards going to put her up with all the other confirmed characters? Because, i mean, c'mon, it's pretty obvious she's in.
It's "obvious" yes, but not confirmed. There's always that small 5%.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I'm pretty much skipping the whole thread when I say this, but Magnus seems like a potential playable character too.
I can see magnus as an assit trophy when it comes to playable he in like 3 missions and that's it i can't see Sakurai adding him.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I can see magnus as an assit trophy when it comes to playable he in like 3 missions and that's it i can't see Sakurai adding him.
Magnus seems to be intuitive as a playable character since he already has combat animations and the Clubs from Kid Icarus already have an identity from a gameplay standpoint. I, and many others I've talked to immediately thought of him as a potential future Smash Bros character upon seeing him.

That being said, wasn't a club shown to be an item? That seems to kill his chances...

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If they don't add Palutena, then they won't add anybody.
I wouldn't say that just yet. Despite our opinions on them, Medusa/Hades/Magnus are all still in the running. Dark Pit in particular is very much a dark horse character, with the especially notable niche of being a good semi-clone.

I not sure having Dedede and Pit planned since SSB64 is being modest. Although Pit wasn't "his" character at that time.

Also, SSB64 boxart, with Kirby being the only one not in a "comicbook panel".
Modesty was never a main counterpoint, though it very much did exist in Melee's development*. Even before Uprising came out, on the old threads, we argued that it wasn't a series that Sakurai created. *It was confirmed by Sakurai that he thought about adding MK in Melee, and unconfirmed reports say Dedede was the alternative to the 6 clone characters.

That said, there is no evidence that Pit was planned for 64 (or Melee for that matter). Only Dedede, Bowser, and Mewtwo were planned.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Magnus seems to be intuitive as a playable character since he already has combat animations and the Clubs from Kid Icarus already have an identity from a gameplay standpoint. I, and many others I've talked to immediately thought of him as a potential future Smash Bros character upon seeing him.

That being said, wasn't a club shown to be an item? That seems to kill his chances...
the Thing with magnus he will be another Ike type fighter . Do u mean Ore club that is an item and if sakurai adds fighters from franchises he puts the more important ones in usually before adding people like magnus.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Magnus would be a cool 3rd character after Palutena. Him being playable in one chapter likely means Sakurai put some thought into his moveset and he could probably apply it to Smash Bros.

Top Bottom