• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I would like to ask to join the Supporters list. :)
Palutena is easily one of my most wanted newcomers for Smash 4.

Groose

Smash Champion
I had my first ever Smash Bros. dream last night. I was in such a deep sleep that I thought it was real; even after I woke up, I still thought it was real for a half hour or so. In it, there was a mini Smash Direct in which Palutena was confirmed as playable, and then Ridley was shown off as a stage hazard that people could take control of. I remember it vividly still; it started out with Pit talking to Palutena; there was some sort of pause, then she teleported in next to him.

...yeah, I don't know. Overexposure to Smashboards. That's why I took pretty much the entire day off.
The Rate Their Chances thread is nothing but personal opinions (they just happen to be averaged). It holds no speculative value, it's just a fun game to play, which was the point I was getting at.
Let me quote RTC Rule #4:
Rate Their Chances Rules That Nobody Cares About said:
4. Never use this thread as an attempt to argue that a character is more likely/less likely because of this game. This is, in the end, a forum game and should be treated as such. It should not be taken into account when discussing character's odds. Again, winning arguments on the Internet doesn't magically make a character more likely.
My motto since day one is that the whole point of the game is to see how miserably wrong we are when the game launches! With us not even considering Greninja or the Wii Fit Trainer and giving Rosalina a pitiful rating... it proves that we're not very good at predicting things, anyway!

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I had my first ever Smash Bros. dream last night. I was in such a deep sleep that I thought it was real; even after I woke up, I still thought it was real for a half hour or so. In it, there was a mini Smash Direct in which Palutena was confirmed as playable, and then Ridley was shown off as a stage hazard that people could take control of. I remember it vividly still; it started out with Pit talking to Palutena; there was some sort of pause, then she teleported in next to him.

...yeah, I don't know. Overexposure to Smashboards. That's why I took pretty much the entire day off.

Let me quote RTC Rule #4:

My motto since day one is that the whole point of the game is to see how miserably wrong we are when the game launches! With us not even considering Greninja or the Wii Fit Trainer and giving Rosalina a pitiful rating... it proves that we're not very good at predicting things, anyway!
I wasn't trying to say she was likely because of the thread :p
I was trying to say that the general thought of her likelihood is so high, and I'm not just saying she's the most likely newcomer because I want her to be, but it's what like 70 or so people just recently decided on that thread...
I'd never use a game as reasoning for an inclusion, but I'll use it as a general idea on what the majority thinks of a character's inclusion.
And 95% is pretty impressive...
If so many others are completely convinced I see no reason as to why I shouldn't be :)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I also had a dream Palutena was playable. It was in some strange Wii U game mode. I don't know exactly what it was, but it was her head that represented her moving somewhere. Maybe like an adventure mode or something. Also I remember Lip was in the background of that screen. Possibly she was the next person to fight, or just a background element

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
All this talk of having dreams about characters is starting to sound very interesting.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hope that dream was a premeditation dream for what's to come soon.

Only time I saw Palutena in a dream was as a playable character on a big TV, but I wasn't aware of it being a dream. Sadly, I forgot the majority of details. Regardless, I'm still hoping greatly for her reveal, then we can finally advance, get the gifs/fanart going, and start discussing the moves and all. I hope I can wait that long though, despite E3 being 2 months away, and the 3ds version being slightly longer than that.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I had one dream that took place in a cave area of sorts, Palutena was standing...and that's all I can remember. Why must dreams feel so real only to trick us when we get up. *sob*

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice

Only time I saw Palutena in a dream was as a playable character on a big TV, but I wasn't aware of it being a dream. Sadly, I forgot the majority of details. Regardless, I'm still hoping greatly for her reveal, then we can finally advance, get the gifs/fanart going, and start discussing the moves and all. I hope I can wait that long though, despite E3 being 2 months away, and the 3ds version being slightly longer than that.
I think you mean "premonition dream."I wish I had cool dreams like that.

@ Groose Groose , would that technically make Ridley playable?

Grayson

Smash Apprentice

It's possible Palutena might be a secret character and we'll only know about her being a playable character until the 3DS version comes out, which I predict will be either a late June to mid-July release.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I sure hope so. Early August has been my estimate, but I really hope people's July guesses are correct. My body can only be so ready for so long!

Either way, I'm sure we'll know the release date for at least the first one at E3.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I sure hope so. Early August has been my estimate, but I really hope people's July guesses are correct. My body can only be so ready for so long!

Either way, I'm sure we'll know the release date for at least the first one at E3.
The game has looked fine for quite some time now so I believe all that's left is some minor debugging and testing. Then comes manufacturing. And also remember that Sakurai's team, Sora Ltd, has had experience developing 3DS games and so has Bandai Namco, the 3DS is also cheaper to develop for. Considering this I'd be suprised to see the game release in August so late into the Summer, especially since kids are more eager to get games near the beginning of Summer so it would help to take advantage of that timeframe.

Burigu

Smash Ace
So now everyone is having dreams with Palutena, I guess I am not as fan as I thought, hope your dreams speaks the truth in the end, the game will probably release after E3 to hype fans a bit more

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
Well, I finally got Uprising recently. I haven't gotten far into it at all (last thing I did was defeat Twinbellows) but it seems cool so far.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Well, I finally got Uprising recently. I haven't gotten far into it at all (last thing I did was defeat Twinbellows) but it seems cool so far.
It's an awesome game, even better if you don't know about the events ahead of you. I went into that game completely blind and I'm glad I did.

andimidna

Smash Master
I also had a dream Palutena was playable. It was in some strange Wii U game mode. I don't know exactly what it was, but it was her head that represented her moving somewhere. Maybe like an adventure mode or something. Also I remember Lip was in the background of that screen. Possibly she was the next person to fight, or just a background element
A background element?
That might be why they didn't show off Lip's Stick in the direct... there's a Panel De Pon stage! or she's playable
Oops. Off topic.

It's possible Palutena might be a secret character and we'll only know about her being a playable character until the 3DS version comes out, which I predict will be either a late June to mid-July release.
I'm predicting early September >:D
And her reveal might end up being E3 after all...

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If it's released on August 16, then Happy Birthday to me! Reminds me of when the X-bomb was revealed on that day last year. Must get more Kid Icarus goodness ASAP.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Palutena is the only character I consider a shoo-in. Good thing to since she's an amazing character ^o^

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you can. Sorry. :(
You know, for a site that doesn't want spam, the lack of a delete post option is kinda...wrong.

Palutena is the only character I consider a shoo-in. Good thing to since she's an amazing character ^o^

It's always nice to have your number 1 character pick also be extremely likely, isn't it?

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
A background element?
That might be why they didn't show off Lip's Stick in the direct... there's a Panel De Pon stage! or she's playable
Oops. Off topic.

I'm predicting early September >:D
And her reveal might end up being E3 after all...
I also think it will be revealed in september, definetely not before E3 that will kill the momentum

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think a better question is "Is there a Summer window for marketing" or is it simply Q3?

If there is, whenever that exact date ends is the latest we should expect Smash3D if everything goes according to schedule, which it sounds like it will.

andimidna

Smash Master
I still don't know how many people are willing to buy both versions, and how many people are willing to wait 6 months for the Wii U version.

I don't like the idea of "Winter 2014"
Isn't that like 10 days?
They must mean technically late fall, but Q4.
Releasing the Wii U Smash 3 days before Christmas is far worse than releasing 3ds Smash after school shopping.

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I still don't know how many people are willing to buy both versions, and how many people are willing to wait 6 months for the Wii U version.

Isn't that like 10 days?
Releasing the Wii U Smash 3 days before Christmas is far worse than releasing 3ds Smash after school shopping.
In my eyes, and any smart buisnessman's eyes, the games should be released where people are more inclined to buy them. Releasing Smash Bros for 3DS during the late June to mid July timeframe would allow the game to have virtually no competition and people will also be more inclined to buy it during that part of Summer, most people have a lot more free time.

A key way to make Smash Bros for Wii U would be releasing it early to mid December so they can get the holiday sales they need.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa

Isn't that like 10 days?
i think in marketing terms its Q3 for 3ds and Q4 for wii u

andimidna

Smash Master
In my eyes, and any smart buisnessman's eyes, the games should be released where people are more inclined to buy them. Releasing Smash Bros for 3DS during the late June to mid July timeframe would allow the game to have virtually no competition and people will also be more inclined to buy it during that part of Summer, most people have a lot more free time.

A key way to make Smash Bros for Wii U would be releasing it early to mid December so they can get the holiday sales they need.
A lot of people do their holiday shopping late November - early December
So even something like December 15th, 2014 would be bad in my eyes.

And if the game is released in June, I'll be very worried about the characters...
They're better be a good amount of E3 and secret characters...

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I think a better question is "Is there a Summer window for marketing" or is it simply Q3?

If there is, whenever that exact date ends is the latest we should expect Smash3D if everything goes according to schedule, which it sounds like it will.
A lot of people do their holiday shopping late November - early December
So even something like December 15th, 2014 would be bad in my eyes.

And if the game is released in June, I'll be very worried about the characters...
They're better be a good amount of E3 and secret characters...
Yeah, I forgot it's a whole shopping period so I guess a mid December release at the very latest. Also, I highly doubt the game will launch in June, I'm just using the late June as a refrence point for the timeframe.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
It would have been better for them to give a quarter rather than a season. You know, since the earth is round and all, and not everyone lives on the same side of it.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
It would have been better for them to give a quarter rather than a season. You know, since the earth is round and all, and not everyone lives on the same side of it.
Agreed but i guess all we do is say it comes out winter for 3ds and summer for wii u

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
rumor has it the 3ds going to be release on

august the 15th 2014 / 15-08-14

again, this has been leaked to me through - most of the time a reliable source. but nothing has been confirmed yet but it seems pretty accurate.

Top Bottom