• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Do we have to keep going down this road with female character threads? I seriously doubt they're going to sexualize Palutena, what's the point in discussing all of them at once in the palutena thread?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Let's get back to the eyes/uprising models/artworks.

Or, do you think Medusa should absolutely accompany Palutena as a newcommer? :awesome: *gets hit by several bricks*

Burigu

Smash Ace
I don't think we need to worry about Palutena, after all she was redesigned if not by Sakurai himself by someone in his team for brawl, the design only got better in Uprising, she is in perfect balance, and I don't see problems with any female in this game, somepeople really overthink sometimes that's all.

Edit: did't see that the subject had already changed

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know, we've discussed almost every aspect of Palutena. Her entry animation, her moveset, her risk of over-sexualization or whatever, but have we discussed victory animations? Those are important, y'know.

Burigu

Smash Ace
You know, we've discussed almost every aspect of Palutena. Her entry animation, her moveset, her risk of over-sexualization or whatever, but have we discussed victory animations? Those are important, y'know.
Well this isn't my strong, but having her wear her glasses as a victory pose would be a funny adition, it all depends if developers go for the funny route or the epic elegant goddess route or maybe something between

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well this isn't my strong, but having her wear her glasses as a victory pose would be a funny adition, it all depends if developers go for the funny route or the epic elegant goddess route or maybe something between
That'd be a taunt, I'd imagine.

I wanna whip out those specs when I smite the mortals.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can just copy/paste part of it from my moveset, with a few touches.

Victory Taunts
-U-taunt
Palutena twirls her staff around playfully back and forth, then raises it upwards while her halo behind her enlarges with light surrounding her body.

-Right Taunt
Palutena spins multiple times quickly while a light trail is shown, then stops to swing her hands diagonally downward while she's looking upward, and finally holds her staff in front of her horizontally with a little light flash behind her appearing.
This is inspired by Pit's rally cry from Chapter 5 in Uprising, in which Palutena tries to imitate the 2nd half of said rally cry while adding some touches of her own (For a more specific part, it's after Pit's "hair flip and sparkles" part in that rally cry).

-Left Taunt
Palutena creates a ball of light in her left hand, which accidentally explodes, making her hair look messed up, and having her let out a sigh.
The look of the hair is a reference to how it looked in Palutena's Revolting Dinner.

The glasses will be for a taunt I imagine.

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I just realized this. Pit's victory chants in Brawl have a lot more voice acting than some other ones. Then when a new Kid Icarus game comes out it's one of Nintendo's, if not the most, voiced acted game in their history. Coincidence? I think NOT!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still, it's kinda blatant sex appeal. Like, moreso than before. Zero Suit Samus was probably the main reason for SSBB's T rating before...now she's a whole lot more...endowed.
Yet the Smash games were always rated A for All Ages in Japan. Then again, this IS Japan were are talking about. :troll:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Brawl as rated Teen for Cartoon Violence and Crude Humour. Prior to that it was E for everyone for Melee and 64. Wario was more to blame for that one probably.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Actually Melee was rated T as well, but yea... I don't wanna get too off topic here.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Oh I see, when I searched on the ESRB It showed the original game twice for some reason.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One of the possible sources of the Crude Humour in Brawl is the very intentional close up of Samus' butt when she first appears in the Subspace Emissary as ZSS.

There's also no way the Peach panties got under the radar.

Some of Snake's codec calls also had some crude humour (a conversation about Wario's farts, Snake stating that he wants to eat a Yoshi, Snake saying he's into Samus).

I wonder what Smash 4 will end up doing...

...ANYWAY, HOW 'BOUT THAT PALUTENA?

andimidna

Smash Master
One of the possible sources of the Crude Humour in Brawl is the very intentional close up of Samus' butt when she first appears in the Subspace Emissary as ZSS.

There's also no way the Peach panties got under the radar.

Some of Snake's codec calls also had some crude humour (a conversation about Wario's farts, Snake stating that he wants to eat a Yoshi, Snake saying he's into Samus).

I wonder what Smash 4 will end up doing...

...ANYWAY, HOW 'BOUT THAT PALETUNA?
fix'd

Lookin' good.

A genius once said:
Pale Tuna should be Palutena's Final Smash
Actually Glam Blaster pls

Sorry.
This is what happens when I get bored.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Palutena is sure to be expresive, given that every character have been shown very expresive, what is important for Palutena is that devs give her "the right expresions" to really catch in them her personality, because I am of the idea she will not speak as much as in Uprising so the expresions she gets are or best bet from her to have an accurate character depiction. That's asuming she is in

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There is little doubt that Palutena would be expressive.

Just look at Dedede and Luigi. Dedede even takes cues from his anime self.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
There is little doubt that Palutena would be expressive.

Just look at Dedede and Luigi. Dedede even takes cues from his anime self.
I think a better example is just with Dedede alone. He's clearly the most expressive character we've seen (he was even labeled as such during the direct) and to add to this he's also a Sakurai character that he himself also voiced. Truth be told, Sakurai would put a ton of expressions into Palutena as a playable character.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I might as well express my support, even though it's not gonna make her any more of a lock than she already is. I haven't played any of the Kid Icarus games, but she seems like she has loads of personality and a lot of potential, and she's a Greek goddess, which is something I didn't even realize Smash needed. As tribute, here's all of the roster icons I've made for her:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
While not as obvious, it could definitely be argued that Captain Falcon (!) and Little Mac are sex appeal for those not interested in females.

Agreed. I'm honestly quite annoyed by how little people seem to care about the characters themselves when they're female. I'd like Palutena to give off the impression of being a noblewoman in a perfect world. But she'll probably be at least somewhat sexualized (my bet's on the legs).
Dem legs tho. They were already pretty sexualized in Uprising's artwork with them stockings.
Well, personally, I don't think characters in Smash Bros are sexualized. I mean, ok, there's been some upskirts screenshots in the past, but Samus is not there to be the ***** in thight suit, just a bounty hunter without her armor. Despite the Zero Suit, she still is a serious character.
I don't have to say how Zelda and Rosalina are simply elegant, and how Peach is just innocently cute (well, not according to some daily pictures, or the love triangle with Zelda/Link/Peach according to Sakurai :troll:). And Nana... Well it's Nana. :troll:

There's no reasons for Palutena to become a sex-appeal machine. There's even no reasons for Medusa's sideboob to become a sex-appeal machine :troll:
Don't be hating on Medusa's sideboob. It was glorious.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I'm now going to be disappointed if I don't see these glasses as a taunt or a victory pose.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Asuming she is playable I will be happy if she has the same face of Uprising not really a fan of her face in brawl, if devs decide to throw us some phrases for her or funny dialogue that will be a welcome plus, so far I have never being dissapoined with anything so far in Smash and the only thing at this rate that will dissapoint me, would be her not being playable, because she is the only character right now I really care about to the point that I don't lurk in the other threads as much as I do in this one. That doesn't mean I don't like others :b:

Last edited:

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
If Palutena isn’t playable, please don’t let disappointment get the best of you. The same goes for any other popular potential character. The game will still be good even if one requested character isn’t playable.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
LOL wait what is this? Is Palutena supposed to be a funny character? Kind of a funny/badass character like Princess Bubblegum?

Never played Uprising.

Last edited:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
LOL wait what is this? Is Palutena supposed to be a funny character? Kind of a funny/badass character like Princess Bubblegum?

Never played Uprising.
There are a lot of similarities in the Palutena/Pit and Bubblegum/Finn relationships.

Where it gets weird is that Bubblegum and Viridi have the same voice actress.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
All in a days hard work... anyway, did I miss a lot this week?

I had to go add some supporters too, apparently. Internet's gone so slow now though...

loganhogan

Smash Ace
When I saw Palutena in Brawl's cutscene I instantly wanted to know more about her, her design was spectacular and she was that type of character I wanted to see in more games. Then Uprising came out a few years later and she quickly became one of my favorite Nintendo characters.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
It's fun seeing people who think she wouldn't be an interesting and expressive character only to find out they never played Uprising. :laugh:

Morbi

Scavenger
It's fun seeing people who think she wouldn't be an interesting and expressive character only to find out they never played Uprising. :laugh:
Correct; I actually watched a play-through of Uprising. But in honor of her inclusion in Smash, I decided to actually play the game myself, she is one of the only things that keeps me playing. She is what breathes life into what would have otherwise been a fairly average 3DS title. If she is anything like her Uprising incarnation, she can and will do that same to Smash.

Top Bottom