• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

loganhogan

Smash Ace
It's fun seeing people who think she wouldn't be an interesting and expressive character only to find out they never played Uprising. :laugh:
It's even funnier when they suggest Magnus instead of Palutena.

Magnus R so oRginale :awesome:

D

Deleted member

To be fair Magnus is pretty likeable.
But unless they can implement him in a way that doesn't make him Ike 2: Electric Boogaloo and prove his importance over one of the protagonists then it ain't happening. And it's not happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice

The only argument for him was that he was a playable character. While that is a good point, you'd know he's just a regular sword swinger and has nothing outside of that which could basically make him Ike V.2

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
The only argument for him was that he was a playable character. While that is a good point, you'd know he's just a regular sword swinger and has nothing outside of that which could basically make him Ike V.2
Ike - Fire = Boring

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There is little doubt that Palutena would be expressive.

Just look at Dedede and Luigi. Dedede even takes cues from his anime self.
Kinda wish Meowth was playable in Smash... he probably would have been the most expressive playable Pokemon in Smash history... because he would have taken cues from Team Rocket's Meowth.

Sorry for going off topic. I agree about Palutena being very expressive. I think that her hurt animation would be based on that picture where Palutena crosses her arms and closes her eyes.

I really hope Palutena and Dixie Kong both get in Smash as newcomers. They are my most-wanted female characters. It's really nice that we are getting more female characters in SSB4 with Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina (and hopefully Villager too). And the best thing are, they are actually important females in their respective franchises (well, technically not Rosalina but she's getting there).

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Kinda wish Meowth was playable in Smash... he probably would have been the most expressive playable Pokemon in Smash history... because he would have taken cues from Team Rocket's Meowth.

Sorry for going off topic. I agree about Palutena being very expressive. I think that her hurt animation would be based on that picture where Palutena crosses her arms and closes her eyes.

I really hope Palutena and Dixie Kong both get in Smash as newcomers. They are my most-wanted female characters. It's really nice that we are getting more female characters in SSB4 with Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina (and hopefully Villager too). And the best thing are, they are actually important females in their respective franchises (well, technically not Rosalina but she's getting there).
Last time I checked, having a large role in a main series Mario game instantly made you more important than a lot of characters.

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
Still, it's kinda blatant sex appeal. Like, moreso than before. Zero Suit Samus was probably the main reason for SSBB's T rating before...now she's a whole lot more...endowed.
Really? I could have sworn it was Peach's panties. XD

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
When I saw Palutena in Brawl's cutscene I instantly wanted to know more about her, her design was spectacular and she was that type of character I wanted to see in more games. Then Uprising came out a few years later and she quickly became one of my favorite Nintendo characters.

I just hope they don't keep that rendition of her for Smash 4. She looked fine back then, but when you compare to fun, upbeat Uprising Palutena, this one appears downright dead and lifeless when it comes to expressions.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I just hope they don't keep that rendition of her for Smash 4. She looked fine back then, but when you compare to fun, upbeat Uprising Palutena, this one appears downright dead and lifeless when it comes to expressions.
I think that first phase of her redesign, (which FunFact, Sakurai's team Sora was apparently going to make a new Kid Icarus game BEFORE Brawl's development based on Iwata's comments when it was announced) made her look like she was a dull and boring character. However her new design is MUCH better and considering Pit's design was altered to resemble Uprising's artwork more, I believe she will also use her Uprising appearance.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I think this is my favorite of all Palutena's expressions, it's either this one or her shocked expression, she must be related to Anna.

Morbi

Scavenger
Really? I could have sworn it was Peach's panties. XD
I thought it was the notion that you could shoot people, set them on fire, bludgeon them with hammers, cook them alive, run them over, impale them, strangle them, drown them, throw them off cliffs, use explosives, etc.

But your right... it was probably Peach's panties. :denzel:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was the notion that you could shoot people, set them on fire, bludgeon them with hammers, cook them alive, run them over, impale them, strangle them, drown them, throw them off cliffs, use explosives, etc.

But your right... it was probably Peach's panties. :denzel:
Two Falcon Punches colliding is why it got a T rating. That is too intense for the little ones to witness.:falconmelee::falconmelee:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Last time I checked, having a large role in a main series Mario game instantly made you more important than a lot of characters.
Nabbit must be pretty important since he was playable in New Super Luigi U. :rolleyes: Like I said, Rosalina is getting there. She needs more large roles in future main Mario games, not just one game, to be considered a key Mario character. But she's definitely more important than most characters who are only playable in the Mario sports/party games.

Anyway, if Pit has a new Final Smash, it is possible Palutena might get Pit's old Final Smash. But if that's the case, I kinda would like to see different types of Centurions appearing. I wonder what Palutena's moveset and gameplay might be... Sakurai might surprise us.

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Nabbit must be pretty important since he was playable in New Super Luigi U. :rolleyes: Like I said, Rosalina is getting there. She needs more large roles in future main Mario games, not just one game, to be considered a key Mario character. But she's definitely more important than most characters who are only playable in the Mario sports/party games.

Anyway, if Pit has a new Final Smash, it is possible Palutena might get Pit's old Final Smash. But if that's the case, I kinda would like to see different types of Centurions appearing. I wonder what Palutena's moveset and gameplay might be... Sakurai might surprise us.
I meant in terms of the 3D main series games as the most effort is out into those games compared to the 2D games.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yea, I think Rosalina fully deserves her spot, but only after 3d world, before that, I still wanted her, but she had no chance then.

I'm pretty excited for all of the Rosalina vs Palutena battles I'll be doing in 2015!

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Palutena is very beautiful! I'd love to see her in the upcoming Smash Bros.!

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I think Rosalina fully deserves her spot, but only after 3d world, before that, I still wanted her, but she had no chance then.

I'm pretty excited for all of the Rosalina vs Palutena battles I'll be doing in 2015!
2015? The 3DS version comes out this Summer and if Nintendo's smart the Wii U version will come out before the holidays.

loganhogan

Smash Ace

Nabbit bros for 4ds :chuckle:.

andimidna

Smash Master
2015? The 3DS version comes out this Summer and if Nintendo's smart the Wii U version will come out before the holidays.
I'm not sure if I'm getting the 3ds version yet, and I'm not sure how much I'll get to play the game around the holidays...
I'll probably start playing non-stop in 2015 :p

Burigu

Smash Ace
We all agree then that Uprising Palutena is the way to go, it was KIU what motivated me to buy a 3ds in the first place, I only saw a picture of Pit's artwork in a magazine, and suddendly I got the urge to get a 3ds and this game, it was a great discovery experience I don't regret the money spent and enjoyed the game from start to end. I really hope Sakurai change his mind and can develop a new KI game but if that is not the case I prefer not to have another game in a few years than see a subpar game not up to the masterpiece Uprising is.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
We all agree then that Uprising Palutena is the way to go, it was KIU what motivated me to buy a 3ds in the first place, I only saw a picture of Pit's artwork in a magazine, and suddendly I got the urge to get a 3ds and this game, it was a great discovery experience I don't regret the money spent and enjoyed the game from start to end. I really hope Sakurai change his mind and can develop a new KI game but if that is not the case I prefer not to have another game in a few years than see a subpar game not up to the masterpiece Uprising is.
True, I was hyped for having a 3DS mostly for Uprising.
I personally think IF Sakurai no longer makes SSB games he'll return to Kirby and KI, who knows maybe he'll revive other IPs too. I honestly wouldn't know how to feel if that happened.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm just going to say it. Uprising was THE reason I picked up a 3DS.

As for Palutena's FS, I hope it isn't Pit's old one. Sure her name's in the attack, but that FS was terrible in Brawl, especially on big stages or those with a lot of breakable terrain (which ironically included Pit's stage). I suppose if different Centurions were in the fray for extra effects it'd be tolerable, but ultimately I'd prefer the Glam Blaster or something of that sort.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
The reason Sakurai left Hal was because he was actually sick of making Kirby sequels and started his own development team, Sora where, according to Iwata, they began developing a Kid Icarus game on the Wii. My guess is that the only sequels his team will work on are any future Smash Bros games. After Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U he'll probably either make a new IP or reboot an old classic like Kid Icarus. If he chose to reboot a game series, I'd actually like to see what he could do with Ice Climbers.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The reason Sakurai left Hal was because he was actually sick of making Kirby sequels and started his own development team, Sora where, according to Iwata, they began developing a Kid Icarus game on the Wii. My guess is that the only sequels his team will work on are any future Smash Bros games. After Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U he'll probably either make a new IP or reboot an old classic like Kid Icarus. If he chose to reboot a game series, I'd actually like to see what he could do with Ice Climbers.
I actually expect him to retire after this installment.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm surprised I have never posted on this thread before. :p

I think Palutena is the most likely newcomer, based on Palutena's Temple stage, Sakurai's trolling with the Pseudo-Palutena trophy, Pit's new final smash, several pic of the day updates after the leak that hinted on her, and Sakurai's love for the franchise as well. I never got to play a Kid Icarus game, but I definitely support Palutena.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You aren't the only ones that got a 3DS for the sole reason of getting KI:U, for I was one of em, too. Honestly, I felt like it was some kinda interesting destiny on how this came about.

1: Saw first Brawl trailer. My main focus was towards Pit the most and wanted to main him
3: Saw more footage as time went by, and still wanted Pit.
4: Saw Japanese footage of him since they got the game in January as opposed to March 9th here. It just wanted me to use Pit even more.
5: Tried and enjoyed using Pit, and he was gonna stay being my main like with Bowser. I also liked Palutena a bit in the cutscene somewhere.
6: The KI:U trailer showed up, and got a 3ds shortly afterwards, waiting for the game to come out.
7: Got KI:U and loved it, with the exception of growing arrogance and generic sets from players in the multiplayer bit, but that's another story. But anyways, the game has made me love Pit and Palutena even more.
8: Heard about Smash 4 and wished for Pit and Palutena, and we already got Pit. During this time, still mained Pit in Brawl.
9: All this waiting and teasing bout Palutena's chances (whether it's the leak that's still not debunked, her stage, all the KI content so far, and definitely Sakurai's trolling in the Smash Direct) just hypes me up for Palutena more and more.

This is subject to change or growing.

And look where at we are now. The 2 final pieces to this thing is for Palutena to be revealed, and for me to main her along with Pit (and Bowser). Let's just hope we'll be rewarded with her presence in the game as a playable character.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
*patpat* There there Zuby. D: All in time, don't worry (I still love that avy btw).

But really, I know how hard it was to wait for that Smash Direct, but I feel this waiting for E3 is taking a lot more out of me. We been through almost if not everything for Palutena as of now, and we still got 40+ days of waiting. I really don't even know what to do anymore. :(

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about you, but I found that last Direct quite disappointing. As someone who openly cares more about the roster than everything else combined, I wasn't impressed with the reveals. I mean, Greninja? Seriously? Then the four veterans were pretty much the four I'm least interested in. If it weren't for Pit's new final smash, and the moment where Sakurai replaced himself with the Substitute doll, I'd have written off the entire direct as a waste of 40 minutes.

I believe the game will be great when it's out, but this drip-feeding of uninspiring information is making the waiting much harder than it was for Brawl.

With the 3DS release sometime in the next 4 months or so I'm expecting something big at E3. At this stage I'm just desperately hoping it won't involve Pac-Man.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I didn't find the Nintendo Direct boring at all, in fact on the contrary the things announced peaked my interest. The online being overhauled to have more options and be more stable however is easily the biggest highlight. Another highlight is catering to the competitive players instead of alienating them. Also I really love Greninja.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
So with E3 being just a couple months away, who do you think will be revealed at E3?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I really didn't know what to expect from the Direct, but I found it to be the best Direct yet, Smash Run, the custom movesets, and improved online peaked my interest the most. And while I'm not a Pokémon fan, Greninja seems to fit my playstyle, so I'll try him out.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
*patpat* There there Zuby. D: All in time, don't worry (I still love that avy btw).

But really, I know how hard it was to wait for that Smash Direct, but I feel this waiting for E3 is taking a lot more out of me. We been through almost if not everything for Palutena as of now, and we still got 40+ days of waiting. I really don't even know what to do anymore. :(
In due time, my friend. The goddess shall arrive when she sees fit.

Top Bottom