• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I know I wants to see that Palutena, though I'm still focused on Pit as well. But who knows? We'll be able to acquire plenty of data shortly enough.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I really do hope Palutena has been revealed by then that way I can just immediately pick her, presumably after hours of waiting in line at best buy.

I also hope the tournament players invited try out the new characters and don't just gravitate immediately towards Fox. Although I imagine that even if Palutena is out by then, most of them might gravitate towards the likes of Little Mac, Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer.

Morbi

Scavenger
I really do hope Palutena has been revealed by then that way I can just immediately pick her, presumably after hours of waiting in line at best buy.

I also hope the tournament players invited try out the new characters and don't just gravitate immediately towards Fox. Although I imagine that even if Palutena is out by then, most of them might gravitate towards the likes of Little Mac, Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer.
I don't really believe that Fox is viable in Brawl; so I doubt the natural inclination will be to gravitate towards him. We should she a good variety, Palutena included (if she is in that build).

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I imagine there might be a desire towards Fox if anything because of Brawl. I bet those top players might want to get an idea how close to Melee this version is, and using Fox is one of the best ways to notice that difference in speed.

I also imagine Palutena to be, like Rosalina, a highly technical character which might require more than a couple of hours to properly train with. Whereas the likes of Little Mac, WFT and Greninja are the type of fast characters that might be more approachable to first time players of the game. Just like Meta Knight was from the beginning a very intuitive character and from the get go his metagame developed rather quickly, while Olimar took a bit more before getting to OP levels in tiers.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much all of the ones at the end, starting with the Ring of Chaos.
The whole Chaos Kin arc was the best part of the game in my opinion. There was the mystery in the first chapter, the awesome dialogue of the second, and it just escalated from there.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Personally, I envision Palutena as a mage warrior, who would use her staff and shield combo to fight.
I made a video about it too. It addresses all possible evidence as well as her potential moveset.
Check it out, if you're interested...

Kralutena? Hell yes!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

I doubt that.

Even if Palutena is in the game (and I believe she is) I doubt that she's isn't worthy of the coveted unlockable status.

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
I kinda wish more female characters weren't lightweights. I think Samus is the only heavyweight female?

Rosalina would've been a good choice for a heavyweight (she's reeeally tall, and a heavyweight character in Mario Kart), but they made her lightweight because of her "anti-gravity". :/ At least they acknowledged that...

Palutena is pretty tall too, but I think she'll probably be light too. :V

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I could see her being heavy given all the gold she carries.

Also, how is being unlockable a coveted status?
It really isn't. In this day and age people are going to want to know what the roster is and people (like in Brawl when the rest of the characters were leaked) are going to try and leak it. Now it's going to be much easier because the 3DS is a portable system. A perfect example is Pokemon X and Y a couple months before release.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The weight thing will be dependent on the direction with her playstyle. In Super Smash Bros. typically characters that have high weight do it to help compensate for lackluster recoveries, examples being Bowser and Donkey Kong. Likewise it works for the opposite end, where characters that have a lightweight tend to have superb options for recovery. Though it's not a strict rule by sense. For example a character might be light yet have lackluster recovery if the playstyle they have is focused around being a glass cannon (like Fox), while a character may have superb recovery and high weight to emphasis a defensive presence (like R.O.B.)

The problem with a character like Palutena is that it's not extremely apparent on what route she'd take. It's not like King K. Rool who by appearance alone would obviously have a playstyle reminiscent of characters like Bowser and King Dedede. Though I will say the more obvious route at the moment for a character like Palutena is being a defensive character that has an emphasis on ranged melee attacks and projectiles, which would also be a fitting playstyle due her passive nature.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Favorite chapter? Well I'll up the ante, my favorite moment in the entire game.

The very beginning of the Ring of Chaos. After the rush of the Aurum arc (which, while random I did enjoy), the total silence besides Pit's confused rambling was so starkly contrasting to the usual fast-paced excitement that every time I play through that part, I actually just stand still for a good few minutes as the girl overlooking the decimated city. Then there's the music. Just, just the music; it gets me every time.

It's so deep and powerful, like the entire lighthearted atmosphere of the game suddenly crashes in an instant.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Favorite chapter? Well I'll up the ante, my favorite moment in the entire game.

The very beginning of the Ring of Chaos. After the rush of the Aurum arc (which, while random I did enjoy), the total silence besides Pit's confused rambling was so starkly contrasting to the usual fast-paced excitement that every time I play through that part, I actually just stand still for a good few minutes as the girl overlooking the decimated city. Then there's the music. Just, just the music; it gets me every time.

It's so deep and powerful, like the entire lighthearted atmosphere of the game suddenly crashes in an instant.
That chapter... is SOO HARD ON LEVEL 9!!!

It took me forever....

speaking of chapter 18. What if Palutena's Final Smash is her getting huge and throwing buildings at people? That'd be cool I guess.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That chapter... is SOO HARD ON LEVEL 9!!!

It took me forever....

speaking of chapter 18. What if Palutena's Final Smash is her getting huge and throwing buildings at people? That'd be cool I guess.
Coincidentally that was my idea for her FS that I made in my moveset for her, and all. >_<

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Been lurking on here for some time, and I finally decided to step out of the shadows. Throw me up as a supporter for the Goddess of Light. Uprising was my personal Game of the Year of 2012 (in part because I honestly can't remember anything else that came out that year aside from Dishonored, but also because it's a genuinely brilliant game) and Palutena was a big part of that. She did the impossible and took my #1 most wanted newcomer spot from Lyn, which is good considering her continued Assist Trophy status.

Anyway, I thought I'd jump into the conversation about her Final Smash. A funny idea I had is to have Palutena spread her patented monster pheromone over the other fighters, and then a Hewdraw head (or two) rampages across the stage. A more likely option is giving her Pit's old FS, which seems to be a popular idea. But I think it could use a few adjustments. Have bow-wielding Centurions fire projectiles and lance-wielding Centurions charging opponents from the air. Also, have a few Centurion Strongarms patrolling the ground level who will pursue other players and pile-drive them upon catching one. And for the cherry on the Skyworld Cake, place a Juggernaut in the background that will fire boulders at the stage. The only thing I'm unsure of is what Palutena would do, as I'd assume the player would lose control of her for the duration of the FS. Maybe she could run around barking orders, and/or laughing maniacally.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I really like the idea of the monster pheromones, more than anything because of the possibility of that particular voice actor (who also did the voice of Thanatos, if my memory serves me right) getting to say some lines.

Also, welcome to the light!

Burigu

Smash Ace
Been lurking on here for some time, and I finally decided to step out of the shadows. Throw me up as a supporter for the Goddess of Light. Uprising was my personal Game of the Year of 2012 (in part because I honestly can't remember anything else that came out that year aside from Dishonored, but also because it's a genuinely brilliant game) and Palutena was a big part of that. She did the impossible and took my #1 most wanted newcomer spot from Lyn, which is good considering her continued Assist Trophy status.

Anyway, I thought I'd jump into the conversation about her Final Smash. A funny idea I had is to have Palutena spread her patented monster pheromone over the other fighters, and then a Hewdraw head (or two) rampages across the stage. A more likely option is giving her Pit's old FS, which seems to be a popular idea. But I think it could use a few adjustments. Have bow-wielding Centurions fire projectiles and lance-wielding Centurions charging opponents from the air. Also, have a few Centurion Strongarms patrolling the ground level who will pursue other players and pile-drive them upon catching one. And for the cherry on the Skyworld Cake, place a Juggernaut in the background that will fire boulders at the stage. The only thing I'm unsure of is what Palutena would do, as I'd assume the player would lose control of her for the duration of the FS. Maybe she could run around barking orders, and/or laughing maniacally.
Monster pheromones? interesting, E3 will either be a bless or a curse for lot of people in these forums, most of the supporters have faith that their character will be anounced in said event, so unless we get 7+ characters somepeople will be dissapointed, I hope we are not the ones

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly I'd love them just to reveal the rest of the newcomers + vets. I'm tired of the suspense.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
My favourite chapter is definitely Chapter 14, for the constant flirting between almost every character. And what is comfortably the best music in the game, Thunder Cloud Temple.

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours"...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My favourite chapter is definitely Chapter 14, for the constant flirting between almost every character. And what is comfortably the best music in the game, Thunder Cloud Temple.

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours"...
It's perhaps my favorite too, not just because of the flirting and blushing Pit part and music, but for the sheer intensity of battle in the air portion.

I know this isn't Palutena related, but the POTD still has KI stuff in it...

Where's Pit with the 3 Sacred Treasures to save us? D:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The whole Chaos Kin arc was the best part of the game in my opinion. There was the mystery in the first chapter, the awesome dialogue of the second, and it just escalated from there.
Hmmm...my favorite chapters from Uprising were the Aurum arc.

Burigu

Smash Ace
It's perhaps my favorite too, not just because of the flirting and blushing Pit part and music, but for the sheer intensity of battle in the air portion.

I know this isn't Palutena related, but the POTD still has KI stuff in it...

Where's Pit with the 3 Sacred Treasures to save us? D:
Yet another example of Sakurai's "modesty"

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
All this Icarus stuff, yet my heart's the one burning up....

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
I don't know why but I have the strangest feeling that Sakurai adding all of these new KI items, enemies and references plus the Hyrule Temple-esque Palutena's Temple could be to lessen the agony of there not being a second playable KI character although I'm probably just being paranoid as so often happens with me.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I don't know why but I have the strangest feeling that Sakurai adding all of these new KI items, enemies and references plus the Hyrule Temple-esque Palutena's Temple could be to lessen the agony of there not being a second playable KI character although I'm probably just being paranoid as so often happens with me.
I doubt that. She has to be there.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I understand what you mean but by your logic we aren't getting Ganondorf because, we have got a lot more of Zelda items and AT, possible? yes but you have to look at the higher picture of things, if you see this as a problem for KI then you see the problem for Zelda too

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I'm of the opposite opinion. It's because of all the Kid Icarus reference material that I'm so convinced Palutena is in. No other franchise has this much stuff referencing it and only one playable character.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yet another example of Sakurai's "modesty"
To be fair it did exist (as there is quoted evidence for MK and Dedede in 64/Melee), but because there's no point in holding back Kirby anymore and that KI isn't his own series and already shares many similarities to the Smash it's a moot point.

Anyway where's my Eggplant Wizard Assist Trophy?

Burigu

Smash Ace
To be fair it did exist (as there is quoted evidence for MK and Dedede in 64/Melee), but because there's no point in holding back Kirby anymore and that KI isn't his own series and already shares many similarities to the Smash it's a moot point.

Anyway where's my Eggplant Wizard Assist Trophy?
Yes I know it was real but evidence sugest it's not the case anymore, for me the less his modesty the better I just mentioned it because people tend to use his "modesty" as a point against the inclusion of Palutena but with the among of Kirby based and inspired playstyle in Brawl + the prominence of said characters in SSE it is quite clear that is a thing of the past. That's a good idea for an assit trophy

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yes I know it was real but evidence sugest it's not the case anymore, for me the less his modesty the better I just mentioned it because people tend to use his "modesty" as a point against the inclusion of Palutena but with the among of Kirby based and inspired playstyle in Brawl + the prominence of said characters in SSE it is quite clear that is a thing of the past. That's a good idea for an assit trophy
Yep, you can clearly see Sakurai "modesty" with Kirby and Pit being better heroes than Mario. Kirby can beat Mario, is a Hero compared to Mario who is sent afar by Wario, only to get Pit's help. This in the 2 first stages.

Oh, and Ridley being basically Dynablade.

D

Deleted member

Yep, you can clearly see Sakurai "modesty" with Kirby and Pit being better heroes than Mario. Kirby can beat Mario, is a Hero compared to Mario who is sent afar by Wario, only to get Pit's help. This in the 2 first stages.

Oh, and Ridley being basically Dynablade.
1. You could also beat Kirby as Mario, lest you forget.
2. I don't believe Kid Icarus was under the wing of Sakurai when Brawl was in development.
3. Mario is the designated butt monkey of the entire SSE anyway.

The only thing you could consider not modest is Dedede being the guy that ends up saving the day in the long run, but even then that might just be because often times while Dedede's deeds may seem malicious, they end up being well-intentioned in the long run.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
1. You could also beat Kirby as Mario, lest you forget.
2. I don't believe Kid Icarus was under the wing of Sakurai when Brawl was in development.
3. Mario is the designated butt monkey of the entire SSE anyway.

The only thing you could consider not modest is Dedede being the guy that ends up saving the day in the long run, but even then that might just be because often times while Dedede's deeds may seem malicious, they end up being well-intentioned in the long run.
That why I say that Kirby "can" beat Mario.

But I can also mention Palutena, the only non hostile, non playable character of the SSE, Kirby and Dedede being the two heroes to save the whole party in the Maze (with Luigi and Ness), or the importance of the Halberd... And so, Metaknight.

Edit: Forgot Kirby using the Dragoon to destroy the gigantic cannon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But I can also mention Palutena, the only non hostile, non playable character of the SSE.
As before, I don't think KI was under the wing of Sakurai, so that's irrelevant.
or the importance of the Halberd... And so, Metaknight.
...Yeah I got nothing. I'll admit Sakurai was NOT being modest with Meta Knight in the slightest (OP as a mother****, only character to have a special victory theme, his ship plays a large role in SSE)

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
This is what I said when I first started talking on this board. I was always saying that the amount of Kid Icarus items, enemies, and mechanics brought over here might make it to where Sakurai doesn't want to put in a new character.

BUT I WANT HER IN SO FREAKIN BADLY!:cry:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As before, I don't think KI was under the wing of Sakurai, so that's irrelevant.
Well, it's seems he always was interested in Pit since Smash 64. Plus, compared to the Ice Climbers who kept their retro look, Pit (and Palutena) got their Uprising look in Brawl. Can't be sure if it was under Sakurai's wing, but still.

...Yeah I got nothing. I'll admit Sakurai was NOT being modest with Meta Knight in the slightest (OP as a mother****, only character to have a special victory theme, his ship plays a large role in SSE)
Yeah, I think this is enough to prove Sakurai lack of modesty in Brawl :troll:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's seems he always was interested in Pit since Smash 64. Plus, compared to the Ice Climbers who kept their retro look, Pit (and Palutena) got their Uprising look in Brawl. Can't be sure if it was under Sakurai's wing, but still.

Yeah, I think this is enough to prove Sakurai lack of modesty in Brawl :troll:
Kid Icarus was the first game Sora ltd started working on before immediately focusing all their development on Smash Bros Brawl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom