• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I think you mean Smash 4. I think.
Nope. Sakurai and his team started working on a new Kid Icarus game before Iwata asked them to direct Smash Bros Brawl. According to a comment by Iwata when Kid Icarus was first announced saying something along the lines of "the team's sole purpose."

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think you mean Smash 4. I think.
SSB4 devellopment began right after Kid Icarus Uprising.

By the way, Kid Icarus is part of the "G8 of Smash Bros 4", along Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Kirby, Donkey Kong and Pokémon, as shown in the first trailer, or in Megaman promotional art.

D

Deleted member

Nope. Sakurai and his team started working on a new Kid Icarus game before Iwata asked them to direct Smash Bros Brawl. According to a comment by Iwata when Kid Icarus was first announced saying something along the lines of "the team's sole purpose."
I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE
WHAT'S GOING ON?
WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?
WHO AM I?

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
SSB4 devellopment began right after Kid Icarus Uprising.

By the way, Kid Icarus is part of the "G8 of Smash Bros 4", along Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Kirby, Donkey Kong and Pokémon, as shown in the first trailer, or in Megaman promotional art.
I guess we should consider Bowser a G9 because he's in that poster aswell and was in the first trailer.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I mean the 8 main franchises. Metroid for example, is not an actual playable character :troll:

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Well, I mean the 8 main franchises. Metroid for example, is not an actual playable character :troll:
That makes more sense. Though I still think it was because they made an early decision to hold back on revealing Yoshi because they thought they were drastically changing him and Pit was obviously going to come back and not because Kid Icarus is suddenly a huge Nintendo franchise.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That makes more sense. Though I still think it was because they made an early decision to hold back on revealing Yoshi because they thought they were drastically changing him and Pit was obviously going to come back and not because Kid Icarus is suddenly a huge Nintendo franchise.
I think the "We waited to show Yoshi" is ridiculous, considering Bowser changed more than him.

Burigu

Smash Ace
So far what is shown for Yoshi don't suggest that big of a change, his moves behaves the same way like in Brawl, so far I notice his "Egg Lay" move and shield are faster but that aside his was a cosmetic chance, so Yoshi was simple delayed because Sakurai wanted people to freak out for the apparent omision of Yoshi this time around, sadly people fell for that.

On topic Kid Icarus started development AFTER brawl was finished not before, Iwata didn't want Sakurai to jump on to another smash game just after finishing one, so he asked him to develop something else, some concept that wasn't been developed by any other company for the 3ds, he got the idea of a shooting game with air and land phases, then proceded to resurect Kid Icarus

100th post!

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
So far what is shown for Yoshi don't suggest that big of a change, his moves behaves the same way like in Brawl, so far I notice his "Egg Lay" move and shield are faster but that aside his was a cosmetic chance, so Yoshi was simple delayed because Sakurai wanted people to freak out for the apparent omision of Yoshi this time around, sadly people fell for that.

On topic Kid Icarus started development AFTER brawl was finished not before, Iwata didn't want Sakurai to jump on to another smash game just after finishing one, so he asked him to develop something else, some concept that wasn't been developed by any other company for the 3ds, he got the idea of a shooting game with air and land phases, then proceded to resurect Kid Icarus

100th post!
Woot 100th post! Let's celebrate with random emotes!

:bluejump::colorful::bluejump::colorful::rotfl::colorful::eek::bluejump::cry::joyful:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

100th post!
Congratulations on the 100th post.

Anyway, if Sakurai makes a new game AFTER SSB4... do we expect Sakurai to include characters, stages, and items from that game in SSB5?

Seriously though, where is my Eggplant Wizard Assist Trophy? Sakurai added a bunch of Uprising items and two Uprising stages... but he hasn't showed Eggplant Wizard yet...

I really want to play as Palutena so bad.

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
101st post for me!:happysheep:

Staying on topic, do you guys think Palutena will remain secret or be revealed at E3, unlockable or not?

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
What's with Nintendo and eggplants?

Anyway, the Tempura Wizard is cooler I think.
Tempura Wizard was a nice escalation, but the Eggplant is just much much more classic to the series. One of the most characteristic aspects of the original was that the dungeons were stupidly hard MAINLY because of the evil placement of eggplant wizards in certain rooms and having to go all the way back to the nurse.

Personally, I hope just the eggplant itself is an item that you throw at people, but with so many KI:U items already I kind of am losing hope that it will happen.

andimidna

Smash Master
I can understand why people were once hesitant to believe Palutena would be playable for reasons such as modesty, but after all of the direct hints, leaks, and just making too much sense... I don't see any room left for doubt.

If she's not in Sakurai's going to have a lot of explaining to do :glare:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Pfft, Ornes. Clearly you've never seen the true face of evil, the Mimicuties.
I can see the chests in Smash Run also be Mimicuties. I have yet to play the original Kid Icarus game so I have to ask, did they appear in the first game of did Sakurai make them?

Burigu

Smash Ace
I can see the chests in Smash Run also be Mimicuties. I have yet to play the original Kid Icarus game so I have to ask, did they appear in the first game of did Sakurai make them?
The Mimicuties are confirmed in Smash they show up in the video, they too are Sakurai's creation (or someone in his team)

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
The Mimicuties are confirmed in Smash they show up in the video, they too are Sakurai's creation (or someone in his team)
Now the rest of the world gets to experience the hell that comes with Mimicuties.

Muwahahaha!:chuckle:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
You mean, as a part of moveset? Don't fit thematically. Though idea of spawning a OHKO obstacle (with friendly damage, obviously) as a move is delicious.
We're talking about the Smash Run Orne.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, with Dillon removed from potential newcomers, Palutena's army grows... XD

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Well, with Dillon removed from potential newcomers, Palutena's army grows... XD
Very upsetting news. I renew my objection to the concept of Assist Trophies. It makes it too easy for characters not to become playable.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Very upsetting news. I renew my objection to the concept of Assist Trophies. It makes it too easy for characters not to become playable.
Not really, more then likely if the assist trophies didn't exist the characters that would be assist trophies would simply not be available at all.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
It also makes characters people love but are unlikely to become playable characters part of the game and future installments. Midna is an example.

It also allows them to possibly make them playable characters in the future.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The LAST thing I expect for Palutena is Dillon's fate. Dillon was new, interesting, but only two e-shop games is what I think killed him. Palutena shouldn't get the AT fate.

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
The LAST thing I expect for Palutena is Dillon's fate. Dillon was new, interesting, but only two e-shop games is what I think killed him. Palutena shouldn't get the AT fate.

I highly doubt she'll be anything less than playable. Not just because she wouldn't work as an AT, but because I think she's extremely likely, the only shoe-in newcomer.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Palutena's getting in. Why is this even a question at this point? It's not if, it's when. When will she be revealed. With all the KI love Sakurai's been showing, i'd be FLOORED if she didn't make it. I just hope all this KI stuff means a new game on the Wii U. It would be a great way to use the Gamepad...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Personally it's just like any other character, I don't like to assume anyone is in until the evidence is entirely there which currently there are a lot of hints and theories on the subject that put her in the very high chance catagory but nothing is 100%.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Palutena's getting in. Why is this even a question at this point? It's not if, it's when. When will she be revealed. With all the KI love Sakurai's been showing, i'd be FLOORED if she didn't make it. I just hope all this KI stuff means a new game on the Wii U. It would be a great way to use the Gamepad...
I will quote you something I've heard before

"There is no sure thing other than death."

Burigu

Smash Ace
So it's better not having the character at all? it's not like removing AT will make every character playable, that's why they exist so people can have the more characters shown as posible

Top Bottom