• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Welp, Wonder Red got deconfirmed. Guess that's another character down the bucket list. My number 5 has gone from Wonder Red or Bayonetta to just Bayonetta. It also went to number 7...

Burigu

Smash Ace
Welp, Wonder Red got deconfirmed. Guess that's another character down the bucket list. My number 5 has gone from Wonder Red or Bayonetta to just Bayonetta. It also went to number 7...
Mmmm why people think Bayonetta has a chance? just curious her last game wasn't even in a nintendo console, I am aware that her new game is getting money from nintendo but still Nintendo don't own her, and she got naked in her games for some attacks, I can't see that happening in Smash anytime soon.

To stay on topic I am really shocked, that I don't care at all about any character disconfirmed so far, I like lots of characters but don't care if they are playable or not well with the exception of Palutena, so I am putting my bet all in Palutena either I won or I end up lossing everything since I don't care about others, that said I feel bad for the people that get their character disconfirmed.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Mmmm why people think Bayonetta has a chance? just curious her last game wasn't even in a nintendo console, I am aware that her new game is getting money from nintendo but still Nintendo don't own her, and she got naked in her games for some attacks, I can't see that happening in Smash anytime soon.
Well, even if she is in my top 10 newcommers, I clearly can't say she is likely. Basically, it's Snake's scenario: A character having little to do with Nintendo, but it's one of Sakurai's Friend's character. This, plus promotion for her game on WiiU.
About getting naked, it's only during huge summons moves (wich are absolute killing moves), and she only get some kind of bikini during some attacks, which is fine with ESRB/PEGI (see Morrigan and Felicia in Marvel VS Capcom). Blood and bad language are clearly not necessary too.

But there's a topic for her, so let's talk there: http://smashboards.com/threads/bayonetta-for-ssb-4.327776/page-7

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, character inclusions being omitted due to having some mature stuff in their games is not something to worry about. Snake is evidence of that. Heck, Uprising representation is too, because:

When Pit's wings burn up, you can see the bloodied bones of his wings.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well, even if she is in my top 10 newcommers, I clearly can't say she is likely. Basically, it's Snake's scenario: A character having little to do with Nintendo, but it's one of Sakurai's Friend's character. This, plus promotion for her game on WiiU.
About getting naked, it's only during huge summons moves (wich are absolute killing moves), and she only get some kind of bikini during some attacks, which is fine with ESRB/PEGI (see Morrigan and Felicia in Marvel VS Capcom). Blood and bad language are clearly not necessary too.

But there's a topic for her, so let's talk there: http://smashboards.com/threads/bayonetta-for-ssb-4.327776/page-7
Yes I know this is not the thread for that, just wondering why the person I quoted, think she had a chance, or if she is own by Nintendo and I wasn't aware of this fact, but it is clear that is not the case.
Edit: I don't want to be hated by Bayonetta fans in her thread, I agree she would be interesting I was just wondering the reason people see her posible, if she is in it's ok with me:rotfl:

Yeah, character inclusions being omitted due to having some mature stuff in their games is not something to worry about. Snake is evidence of that. Heck, Uprising representation is too, because:

When Pit's wings burn up, you can see the bloodied bones of his wings.
For her is JUST one thing to consider I would explain more but I don't want to stay off topic about the KIU part it's not really that violent, shoking, I see that escene as the sacrifice that Pit did to help DP I don't see that escene more mature than Medusa's dress or the lack of it in some area, or the part where you can see the headless necks of Hewdraw, plus that was just to show up the great damage Pit took, it's not like they showed Pit's wing bleeding in Smash, I agree Mature content isn't something to limit the characters, but in the case of Bayonetta I said that because her character is heavely pointed toward mature content up to her moves, while your example (which I don't consider that mature) is just one escene and not something inherent to the character himself

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice

To stay on topic I am really shocked, that I don't care at all about any character disconfirmed so far, I like lots of characters but don't care if they are playable or not well with the exception of Palutena, so I am putting my bet all in Palutena either I won or I end up lossing everything since I don't care about others, that said I feel bad for the people that get their character disconfirmed.
Her or Wonder Red were likely because of Nintendo's relationship with Platinum and I liked both characters. That said, Wonder Red was the more likely choice so her placement was moved from number 5 to number 7 in most likely characters that I want.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
With all the talk of the NFC figures, maybe at E3 they'll reveal some characters, and a few others that can only be unlocked via NFC figures. Maybe they can all be unlocked through NFC figures, but only certain characters are exclusive to the figures. So maybe Palutena could be an NFC exclusive figure. Just a thought for discussion.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mean, they havnt revealed ANY characters that were considered needed; not many for old series' buffing either.

Laniv

Smash Champion
With all the talk of the NFC figures, maybe at E3 they'll reveal some characters, and a few others that can only be unlocked via NFC figures. Maybe they can all be unlocked through NFC figures, but only certain characters are exclusive to the figures. So maybe Palutena could be an NFC exclusive figure. Just a thought for discussion.
Oh dear mercy no. Please no.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just as an FYI, I've beaten Uprising since the other day, so I can talk about it much better now.

And I still definitely want Palutena.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't sound like something Sakurai would do. He wants his games to be extremely replayable and thus you can see why the Kirby games he directed, Kid Icarus Uprising (which he doesn't want to make a sequel to because of its replayability) and all the Smash Bros games are still being played today.

Locking content behind a paywall interferes with that replayability. Also, why spend so much time on a character not everyone is going to be able to get?

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't sound like something Sakurai would do. He wants his games to be extremely replayable and thus you can see why the Kirby games he directed, Kid Icarus Uprising (which he doesn't want to make a sequel to because of its replayability) and all the Smash Bros games are still being played today.

Locking content behind a paywall interferes with that replayability. Also, why spend so much time on a character not everyone is going to be able to get?
good point, or maybe wii u version will get figures while 3DS version gets AR Cards.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
good point, or maybe wii u version will get figures while 3DS version gets AR Cards.
Same thing as I said before, he's not going to hold back content already created. Now if they want to add characters or some other type of content LATER after the game is done through these NFC figures then by all means I'm fine with it.

Burigu

Smash Ace

I know sometimes we don't have the same ideas but this time around I totally agree with you, the figurines are a novelty and smash probably was in development much earlier than this figurines thing, I hope they don't go that route because merchandise like that despite being cool only waste more money so please don't do this for smash, keep Palutena playable without all these things, ( I still feel bad because in my country I could only get the 5 AR cards included in Uprising, a shame because they look really cool)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Are you kidding?! I'd LOVE Smash to have those figures. Are you telling me you don't want a mini-Palutena in your room? I bought Figmas of Link, Samus, and Pit for that reason.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Are you kidding?! I'd LOVE Smash to have those figures. Are you telling me you don't want a mini-Palutena in your room? I bought Figmas of Link, Samus, and Pit for that reason.
They are cool but if that interfer with the playability as in "you want this character buy his/her figurine" then I prefer not to have them as much as I would like to have a Palutena figurine, it's better for me to be able to play as her or any other character than waste money for a character already programed within the game. That said it's a different story if the figurine exist and is not needed to unlock the characters

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
They are cool but if that interfer with the playability as in "you want this character buy his/her figurine" then I prefer not to have them as much as I would like to have a Palutena figurine, it's better for me to be able to play as her or any other character than waste money for a character already programed within the game. That said it's a different story if the figurine exist and is not needed to unlock the characters
Agreed. Assuming they're an option and not required to access stuff in the game I'd love a collection of my favorite Smash characters around my TV. Just imagine a beautiful figurine of Marth Palutena standing proudly below the screen... :love:

LunaChi KuroShihone

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4253-3959-1269
or a line-up of all ninteno-smash bros. characters on the shelf with figma pit and link holding the 3ds like a trophy with samus behind like a bad-ass; palutena throning over the whole bunch. that'd be a dream come true... :D:joyful:

and i would totally buy ALL of 'em. like all those pokémon figurines i own...

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I know sometimes we don't have the same ideas but this time around I totally agree with you, the figurines are a novelty and smash probably was in development much earlier than this figurines thing, I hope they don't go that route because merchandise like that despite being cool only waste more money so please don't do this for smash, keep Palutena playable without all these things, ( I still feel bad because in my country I could only get the 5 AR cards included in Uprising, a shame because they look really cool)
The day Smash Bros goes the route of Skylanders will be the day I stop playing the games.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
or a line-up of all ninteno-smash bros. characters on the shelf with figma pit and link holding the 3ds like a trophy with samus behind like a bad-***; palutena throning over the whole bunch. that'd be a dream come true... :D:joyful:

and i would totally buy ALL of 'em. like all those pokémon figurines i own...
I will do this when the figures come out. Someone just needs to remind me ;)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The day Smash Bros goes the route of Skylanders will be the day I stop playing the games.
Heh, we would know already if that were case. I think if these figurines have any effect on Smash they will simply store customized movesets/controls for your characters to use when you play on someone else game.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Smash will release with a full roster.

But if more characters are going to be added post-release, I'd rather it be through figures than DLC. Although I would also demand that they retroactively release figures of the launch roster too.

And Dillon.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to point out a good reason for them to show off Palutena, gameplay wise. As far as I'm concerned, there are three types of attacks: ranged attacks (e.g. Fox's blaster, Pit's arrow), melee attacks (e.g. Ike's Aether, DK's Headbutt), and defensive attacks (Zelda's Nayru's Love, Mario's Cape). Most characters have a focus on only one kind of attack (e.g. I don't think Little Mac appears to be a ranged fighter, Ness has a lot of ranged attacks as well), some have a focus on two (e.g. Link having sword attacks, as well as ranged weapons like the arrow and bomb).
I think that Palutena could be the first real character we've had with a focus on all three equally. She could have some projectile moves, like her B move being a Spherical Ball of Light that can be lined up in threes in charged. Her down-B could be similar to Pikachu's thunder, except with a pillar of light. Maybe it creates a shockwave that hits all grounded players (ranged), can protect her from attacks (defensive), and hit anyone who touches it (melee).
That's a significant reason I think for her inclusion in the game.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to point out a good reason for them to show off Palutena, gameplay wise. As far as I'm concerned, there are three types of attacks: ranged attacks (e.g. Fox's blaster, Pit's arrow), melee attacks (e.g. Ike's Aether, DK's Headbutt), and defensive attacks (Zelda's Nayru's Love, Mario's Cape). Most characters have a focus on only one kind of attack (e.g. I don't think Little Mac appears to be a ranged fighter, Ness has a lot of ranged attacks as well), some have a focus on two (e.g. Link having sword attacks, as well as ranged weapons like the arrow and bomb).
I think that Palutena could be the first real character we've had with a focus on all three equally. She could have some projectile moves, like her B move being a Spherical Ball of Light that can be lined up in threes in charged. Her down-B could be similar to Pikachu's thunder, except with a pillar of light. Maybe it creates a shockwave that hits all grounded players (ranged), can protect her from attacks (defensive), and hit anyone who touches it (melee).
That's a significant reason I think for her inclusion in the game.
Wth that logic, Zelda represents that just fine: Nayru's love and farore's wind for defense, din's fire and armor knight for range and every single a attack for melee.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Eh, Fox has his Blaster and Shine (long range), his Reflector (defense) and all his Melee moves, but I think he meant more evenly spread than that. Since, obviously, melee takes up the most space. The only mostly long range character in Smash Bros. is Megs.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Wth that logic, Zelda represents that just fine: Nayru's love and farore's wind for defense, din's fire and armor knight for range and every single a attack for melee.
True, but I think that Zelda's attacks are meh. They're not really powerful and she's difficult to master. Palutena could have a more powerful move set.
Also, I was talking about the B moves, not A moves. Save for Mega Man, most characters have melee A attacks.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
True, but I think that Zelda's attacks are meh. They're not really powerful and she's difficult to master. Palutena could have a more powerful move set.
Also, I was talking about the B moves, not A moves. Save for Mega Man, most characters have melee A attacks.
Zelda is difficult to master, I agree with that, but her B-Moves are multitask: Nayru's Love is defensive and Melee thanks to the shards, Din's Fire is a ranged attack that can work well as some kind of decoy, and Farore's Wind is defensive, but also allow to approach with the explosion when reappearing.
And the Phantom is for sure a ranged attack that protect Zelda.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is difficult to master, I agree with that, but her B-Moves are multitask: Nayru's Love is defensive and Melee thanks to the shards, Din's Fire is a ranged attack that can work well as some kind of decoy, and Farore's Wind is defensive, but also allow to approach with the explosion when reappearing.
And the Phantom is for sure a ranged attack that protect Zelda.
Yeah. I agree. But Palutena could be an easier to master character, is what I'm saying.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I agree. But Palutena could be an easier to master character, is what I'm saying.
I'd rather have a hard-to-master Palutena honestly. Characters like that end up becoming extremely powerful once mastered compared to other characters (Fox for example).

It's the entire reason I'm going to try and master Rosalina because the puppet mechanic seems like something devastating once mastered.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if anyone posted this before, but there are 92 pages to go through to find if anyone did in the first place, so let me just throw this out there.

Assuming this fake, of course. (Not saying it is)

People are too busy analyzing the actual picture, but have you guys thought of going over the actual 3DS? We haven't seen it.

Before people claim it's the Gold 3DS XL, there is a detail in both the screens that are different (I have NO clue what it's called) the [borders(?)] of the screen are gold, yet the actual Gold 3DS has black [borders(?)]
This may have been through to the creators photoshopping limitations. Go Google it to compare both the 3DS.

BUT IF ANYONE HAS STATED THIS BEFORE, slap me in the face.

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if anyone posted this before, but there are 92 pages to go through to find if anyone did in the first place, so let me just throw this out there.

People are too busy analyzing the actual picture, but have you guys thought of going over the actual 3DS? We haven't seen it.

Before people claim it's the Gold 3DS XL, there is a detail in both the screens that are different (I have NO clue what it's called) the [borders(?)] of the screen are gold, yet the actual Gold 3DS has black [borders(?)]
This may have been through to the creators photoshopping limitations. Go Google it to compare both the 3DS.

Firstly, this isn't a Palutena leak discussion board.

Secondly, it's a typical standard colored 3DS XL where the lighting is making the black part look gold.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Just gonna say don't worry about it. Fake or not, any possible visual errors in the Palutena leak have been thoroughly analyzed. Like, waaaaay too much.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Just gonna say don't worry about it. Fake or not, any possible visual errors in the Palutena leak have been thoroughly analyzed. Like, waaaaay too much.
Yeah, sorry for throwing another one out there.

I really do want this leak to be true. I mean I would totally hype over her any day.

sakuraipls

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, sorry for throwing another one out there.

I really do want this leak to be true. I mean I would totally hype over her any day.

sakuraipls
See, the nice thing is she's got two leaks going for her, and even outside of that, the trumpets are sounding anyway.

SalRomano's leak is actually more convincing to me, but even if you're not the type of person who enjoys leaks, I think we're good. :happysheep:

Why can't E3 get here already. Ugh.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I've noticed a high amount of cynics lately thinking Palutena is getting in regardless of her personality because of "TEH SOCKURYE BIAS" and nearly every part of her in uprising was specifically engineered to get her into Smash. This annoys me less because they're entirely wrong (they're not) and more because "why the hell do you care? Palutena didn't kick your favorite character!" Even one of the mods here was raising this. How would you calm somebody like this down?

Top Bottom