• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Just don't reply to them, people who complain about her are people who clearly haven't played uprising. It's just their wrong opinion when they say she isn't a great character.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's the truth sadly. Some cannot accept Palutena having severely good chances, and are blinded by wanting Hades, Medusa, or dare I say, Dark Pit and Magnus instead. They can like who they want, I understand that, but don't take the anger out on Palutena because she's pretty much the 2nd KI rep is KI does get a 2nd one, and she is a great and unique character, too.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hey hey hey, because I absolutely want Medusa doesn't mean I dislike Palutena! I still think she is the mandatory 2nd KI rep! :awesome:
I think people who think "Palutena is not interesting" are people who doesn't want KI rep at all, and something else instead. Hence, the "she would waste a slot".

Oh, and about the things that are stupid against Palutena, my favorite one is still "Palutena is a goddess, she would be OP". This applies to Medusa as well.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I am one of many who blindly loyally supports this Goddess. She's powerful, beautiful, humorous, intelligent, and mischievous. And once she's confirmed, I'm going to refer to the game as Super Bash Sisters.

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
You can add me to the supporters list!

Kid Icarus Uprising had such an amazing cast of characters, it would be a shame if no one else than Pit made it in as a playable character. Palutena is not only the most likely, but also a personal favourite.

In a way, I can't help but think that KI:U Palutena is some sort of manifestation of Sakurai himself. The love for trolling, the way you can't tell if they trust you or not, their unique ways to show they care, and of course the whole "being a god" thing. Too many similarities...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hey hey hey, because I absolutely want Medusa doesn't mean I dislike Palutena! I still think she is the mandatory 2nd KI rep! :awesome:
I think people who think "Palutena is not interesting" are people who doesn't want KI rep at all, and something else instead. Hence, the "she would waste a slot".

Oh, and about the things that are stupid against Palutena, my favorite one is still "Palutena is a goddess, she would be OP". This applies to Medusa as well.
Don't worry. I know you're pure. You just like Medusa a lot, nothing wrong with that. I just worry bout those who bash Palutena for various reasons.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Don't worry. I know you're pure. You just like Medusa a lot, nothing wrong with that. I just worry bout those who bash Palutena for various reasons.
"She don't Fight". "She is a goddess". "She is too tall" ect.

There's lot of wrong reasons to don't want a character.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
She really the only female character I want in, like she need to be IN!!!

"She don't Fight". "She is a goddess". "She is too tall" ect.

There's lot of wrong reasons to don't want a character.
But ridley is "Too big" "Is too powerful" "I is a beast" -Every Rdiley hater
Palutina same case, she is a goodness but still fit because PIT can't be the only representative of kid Icarus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
But ridley is "Too big" "Is too powerful" "I is a beast" -Every Rdiley hater
Palutina same case, she is a goodness but still fit because PIT can't be the only representative of kid Icarus.
We were not to mention the forbidden name. But he is too big though, although my only current thing about him is that he's pretty much just gonna be a boss character. But enough of him.
Palutena may be a Goddess, but it wouldn't be the first time we'd have a playable god in a battle game (see Amaterasu and Thor). However, gotta try the best to stay to Palutena here.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Call me crazy, but I've pretty much lost just about all hype for Palutena. Don't get me wrong I'm still looking forward to her and will be excited when she appears, but idk, the leaks and practically assured atmosphere that we'll see her playable has dwindled my anticipation.

The Ridley and K. Rool threads are where it's at for me right now since there's a certain thrill to their sectors. Here it's gotten rather...boring...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Call me crazy, but I've pretty much lost just about all hype for Palutena. Don't get me wrong I'm still looking forward to her and will be excited when she appears, but idk, the leaks and practically assured atmosphere that we'll see her playable has dwindled my anticipation.

The Ridley and K. Rool threads are where it's at for me right now since there's a certain thrill to their sectors. Here it's gotten rather...boring...
Get out of my house!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
We were not to mention the forbidden name. But he is too big though, although my only current thing about him is that he's pretty much just gonna be a boss character. But enough of him.
Palutena may be a Goddess, but it wouldn't be the first time we'd have a playable god in a battle game (see Amaterasu and Thor). However, gotta try the best to stay to Palutena here.
Zues was playable in Play Station All Stars, if they can make that work then I don't see how Palutena could possibly be a problem for Sakurai.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I think deities fit just fine, especially considering that there's already a character that can fit the freaking cosmos under their gown.

Personally, I like characters that are canonically powerful that get watered down in-game so that they can fight alongside weaker characters (for balance purposes, obviously). They casually shrug off damage received in their character animations. Think of Rachel (Blazblue) or Elizabeth (Persona 4 Arena). It would be cool if Palutena was like that, too.

Also... if she grew in one of her taunts (in a Mario-like fashion), that would be too priceless.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, the thread has been dull since we talked about everything; potential movesets, the leak (which we shouldn't be talking about anymore), and we been up and down bout how very likely she is especially after the Smash Direct.. The hard part now is waiting for E3 to see if she gets shown to us.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
It's basically become the waiting game for nearly all the character support threads until E3 arrives. It's also become a worrisome month because it seems a popular newcomer choice gets deconfirmed every week. Dillon and Wonder Red were the first two.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's inevitable. The direct started the downward descend for alot of characters and the closer we get to the release the more that will fall before the final nail in the coffin after release.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well, the thread has been dull since we talked about everything; potential movesets, the leak (which we shouldn't be talking about anymore), and we been up and down bout how very likely she is especially after the Smash Direct.. The hard part now is waiting for E3 to see if she gets shown to us.
For now, Sakurai will probably try to troll us with more Palutena hints throughout the pic of the days.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That's implying he hasn't done so already.
These days I just quote something someone said on my tumblr about the direct in relation to the Pseudo-Palutena trophy scare:

Laugh it up, Sakurai. We’re VERY patient.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's inevitable. The direct started the downward descend for alot of characters and the closer we get to the release the more that will fall before the final nail in the coffin after release.
This. I think it's going to be especially rough for Kid Icarus fans. Palutena's a booger flick away from being confirmed and Uprising has an absurd number of characters that could become ATs. With Sakurai's not so subtle bias, I can see Kid Icarus getting two ATs (my bets are on Medusa and Magnus) but, even with Viridi and Phosphora down, there's still at least half a dozen strong candidates left.

andimidna

Smash Master
Ok, so we've discussed everything regarding palutena, right?
But wait!
I have a topic and I need responses.

"Which one piece of evidence that leads to Palutena being likely supports her chances better than the rest."

Basically, which one thing makes you the most sure of her inclusion.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
But wait!

"Which one piece of evidence that leads to Palutena being likely supports her chances better than the rest."

In regards to actual proof? (Aside from the possibility Sakurai trolled us with Pseudo-Palutena) None, I just really like the character.

I'm hoping the Gematsu and Palutena leaks are real.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I mean, if we're not counting the leak, i'd say Pit's new FS. Her not being there sealed the deal for me.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
But wait!

Strangely, I'd say it's her statue. It's way too pretty to only be a background element.

Top Bottom