• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'd go towards the quantity of KI stuff we got so far A stage per version, 5 items, Phosphora as a regular trophy, Pit's improved self + his new Final Smash, the Smash Run enemies and the recent Pseudo-Palutena trophy that Sakurai was teasing us with is what we got so far. If I had to choose one, it'd be Pit's new Final Smash, as it was the one big thing that kept her from being playable, but now it's been changed and greatly increasing her chances in the process.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
"Which one piece of evidence that leads to Palutena being likely supports her chances better than the rest."

Basically, which one thing makes you the most sure of her inclusion.
For me, I'd say the Pseudo-Palutena tease and Pit's new Final Smash.

Hong

The Strongest
Honestly, the stage was set from the moment Smash 4 was first revealed. Kid Icarus was a flag-bearer for the new game, before even a number of the N64 veterans were revealed.

If you look at other prime candidates, all of them have had dirt thrown on their caskets at some point. Palutena has gone by without a speck on her dress, and has only had supporting information.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
- Pit having a new Final Smash, one specifically that's 100% lacking in Palutena. (He was going to get a new one anyway. Palutena's Army would have just been a kick in the balls with all the cool stuff he got in Uprising.)

- I wouldn't even expect Pseudo-Palutena to be a trophy if Palutena isn't playable. It's just kind of...stupid unless she's more important than an AT, which leaves only one option.

- Much Sakurai. Such Bias. Wow.

Just look at all the KI stuff. We don't even need half of it. Just...damn.

- If she's not playable, she's been preeeetty absent given everything we've seen.

- Not one, but two unusual leaks supporting her, one of which that has pretty much been proven completely accurate so far.

...At this point people that go "Eh, but she's not totally confirmed. I can still see alot of reasons to leave her out. Ehhhh..." just frustrate me. What's the ****ing point? Especially from people who "say they really love Palutena." Yeck.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yes, Pit being a front character of SSB4 is also really helping the serie.
I really hope all this representation will lead to the Kirby "2 newcommers" scenario (*wink* my avatar *wink*).

Burigu

Smash Ace
It's the truth sadly. Some cannot accept Palutena having severely good chances, and are blinded by wanting Hades, Medusa, or dare I say, Dark Pit and Magnus instead. They can like who they want, I understand that, but don't take the anger out on Palutena because she's pretty much the 2nd KI rep is KI does get a 2nd one, and she is a great and unique character, too.
Hey hey hey, because I absolutely want Medusa doesn't mean I dislike Palutena! I still think she is the mandatory 2nd KI rep! :awesome:
I think people who think "Palutena is not interesting" are people who doesn't want KI rep at all, and something else instead. Hence, the "she would waste a slot".

Oh, and about the things that are stupid against Palutena, my favorite one is still "Palutena is a goddess, she would be OP". This applies to Medusa as well.
Sorry if this is not relevant to the current conversation, being absent 2 days, but you two pretty much accurately describe the situation why I decided to join the site, to be more specific in the thread "What other Kid Icarus: Uprising character is most likely to join Pit in SSB4" I was reading this guy that claimed those exact same things, "Palutena is a goddess", "she gives Pit the power of flight so she can't fight", "she would be OP" that kind of flawed thinking annoyed me and couldn't stand that totally wrong perception.
The sad part is that he/she was promoting Dark Pit, over Palutena well it annoys me everytime people want shadow/dark variants.

So everytime someone comes with a flawed argument, it annoys me because, those are not even facts or evidence just biased perception, I might have a bias for Palutena but I try to stay objective when I have a counterargument, always staying as close as posible to facts.

About the last topic the evidence, I will go with Pit's final smash and the Pseudo Palutena trophy anything more is just a welcome bonus

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
- Pit having a new Final Smash, one specifically that's 100% lacking in Palutena. (He was going to get a new one anyway. Palutena's Army would have just been a kick in the balls with all the cool stuff he got in Uprising.)

- I wouldn't even expect Pseudo-Palutena to be a trophy if Palutena isn't playable. It's just kind of...stupid unless she's more important than an AT, which leaves only one option.

- Much Sakurai. Such Bias. Wow.

Just look at all the KI stuff. We don't even need half of it. Just...damn.

- If she's not playable, she's been preeeetty absent given everything we've seen.

- Not one, but two unusual leaks supporting her, one of which that has pretty much been proven completely accurate so far.

...At this point people that go "Eh, but she's not totally confirmed. I can still see alot of reasons to leave her out. Ehhhh..." just frustrate me. What's the ****ing point? Especially from people who "say they really love Palutena." Yeck.

It comes from people (like me) who are cautiously optimistic. We want a character in, but we don't want to instantly jump to conclusions.

Here's an alternative (pessimistic view on all the proof points)

THESE ARE NOT WHAT I THINK SO KEEP THAT IN MIND!!!!!

-Pit's Final Smash has changed
So? Pit's Final Smash was awful in Brawl and getting a new one based on Uprising is a given.

-Sakurai was trolling us!
Considering he was the guy who made Pseudo-Palutena, he might've just been trying to replicate what that character did in Uprising.

-Look at all the Kid Icarus stuff!
Sakurai might just think those items fit considering he has the most knowledge with those items than the other series.

-There are leaks!
"All leaks are fake until proven completley true."

THIS IS NOT WHAT I THINK! JUST A VERY PESSIMISTIC VIEWPOINT!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Considering he was the guy who made Pseudo-Palutena, he might've just been trying to replicate what that character did in Uprising.
So...Palutena/general god codecs?

As a neutral-positive supporter, I'd be okay with that. I'd love to hear from Pyrrhon again...

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It comes from people (like me) who are cautiously optimistic. We want a character in, but we don't want to instantly jump to conclusions.

Here's an alternative (pessimistic view on all the proof points)

THESE ARE NOT WHAT I THINK SO KEEP THAT IN MIND!!!!!

-Pit's Final Smash has changed
So? Pit's Final Smash was awful in Brawl and getting a new one based on Uprising is a given.

-Look at all the Kid Icarus stuff!
Sakurai might just think those items fit considering he has the most knowledge with those items than the other series.

-There are leaks!
"All leaks are fake until proven completley true."

THIS IS NOT WHAT I THINK! JUST A VERY PESSIMISTIC VIEWPOINT!
They can be as pessimistic as they want, but in my eyes it's ignoring facts, which means I just sit around and have alot of fun while they try to argue themselves into sadness, especially if they actually want her.

I'm honestly not even going to be upset if she's not in, because that would be in bad taste since I'm so sure. However, I look forward to being right, and I'm definitely going to do a little bit of gloating. You all should still unconvinced should hop aboard! :happysheep:

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sorry if this is not relevant to the current conversation, being absent 2 days, but you two pretty much accurately describe the situation why I decided to join the site, to be more specific in the thread "What other Kid Icarus: Uprising character is most likely to join Pit in SSB4" I was reading this guy that claimed those exact same things, "Palutena is a goddess", "she gives Pit the power of flight so she can't fight", "she would be OP" that kind of flawed thinking annoyed me and couldn't stand that totally wrong perception.
The sad part is that he/she was promoting Dark Pit, over Palutena well it annoys me everytime people want shadow/dark variants.

So everytime someone comes with a flawed argument, it annoys me because, those are not even facts or evidence just biased perception, I might have a bias for Palutena but I try to stay objective when I have a counterargument, always staying as close as posible to facts.

About the last topic the evidence, I will go with Pit's final smash and the Pseudo Palutena trophy anything more is just a welcome bonus
It's an honor to have brought you over. *flattered Pit expression here*

I think I know that guy, who had the Dark Pit avy was it? To counter those claims or whatever:
-This wouldn't be the first time a God/Goddess would be playable in a battling game. And if iirc, Zelda is a mortal incarnate of a Goddess.
-The characters are not canonically tied to their games in the Smash Bros. Universe. Otherwise, we'd have Mario die in like 1 hit if he doesn't have a power up, or Pit would be able to brutally beat much of the cast using god-killing weapons. For the latter's case, the 3 Sacred Treasures (I gotta think that one through).
-By referring to my 2nd answer, characters wouldn't be canonically strong. For Palutena's case, she'd be weaker than she was in Uprising, just like Ganon and Bowser are.

I understand how you feel for sure though. We can always laugh in their face when she gets revealed. At the same time, I don't like shadow/dark variants either. You already had dark colored costumes for about half the characters in Brawl, and now ppl want them to take character slots? It sickens me as well.

Don't worry, I love Palutena, too. D:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know, for some reason, hearing all these arguments against Palutena reminds me of how people argue against Pac-Man.

Burigu

Smash Ace
It's an honor to have brought you over. *flattered Pit expression here*

I think I know that guy, who had the Dark Pit avy was it? To counter those claims or whatever:
-This wouldn't be the first time a God/Goddess would be playable in a battling game. And if iirc, Zelda is a mortal incarnate of a Goddess.
-The characters are not canonically tied to their games in the Smash Bros. Universe. Otherwise, we'd have Mario die in like 1 hit if he doesn't have a power up, or Pit would be able to brutally beat much of the cast using god-killing weapons. For the latter's case, the 3 Sacred Treasures (I gotta think that one through).
-By referring to my 2nd answer, characters wouldn't be canonically strong. For Palutena's case, she'd be weaker than she was in Uprising, just like Ganon and Bowser are.

I understand how you feel for sure though. We can always laugh in their face when she gets revealed. At the same time, I don't like shadow/dark variants either. You already had dark colored costumes for about half the characters in Brawl, and now ppl want them to take character slots? It sickens me as well.

Don't worry, I love Palutena, too. D:
Thank you there!
Yes you are right that guy/girl, I went on a rant on that thread pointing reasons why that game universe and this game universe has nothing to do with each other (second time I use that quote in this thread can't be helped), in fact that might be my longest post on here, I was hopping for an anwers but never got a reply from him, so I guessed he simply couldn't counter my reasons.

Other reasons for the whole not canonically tied
Mario would be unable to hit Peach
Ganondorf shouldn't be alive because Link killed him in TP
The game goes so far making clear that is the "world of trophies"

I wrote more reasons in that thread.

On that note I can't belive people claiming Palutena "is to tall" when she isn't really that tall, she might look tall compared to Pit, but the game makes fun of Pit height to many times, so it's not that a problem we already got Rosalina.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Thank you there!
Yes you are right that guy/girl, I went on a rant on that thread pointing reasons why that game universe and this game universe has nothing to do with each other (second time I use that quote in this thread can't be helped), in fact that might be my longest post on here, I was hopping for an anwers but never got a reply from him, so I guessed he simply couldn't counter my reasons.

Other reasons for the whole not canonically tied
Mario would be unable to hit Peach
Ganondorf shouldn't be alive because Link killed him in TP
The game goes so far making clear that is the "world of trophies"

I wrote more reasons in that thread.

On that note I can't belive people claiming Palutena "is to tall" when she isn't really that tall, she might look tall compared to Pit, but the game makes fun of Pit height to many times, so it's not that a problem we already got Rosalina.
For shame on the person. You can like whoever you want, but don't down Palutena's chances.

And the tall thing? Pfft. We got Rosalina. Besides, if this game was ever canonically tied (which it won't), We'd have Pit sit at like 4'9 (I think) while Samus is around 6 feet, and Ganon 7 feet. My memory's off, but don't quote me on it. But anyways, nothing's wrong with Palutena, and she is capable of fighting if anyone ever tries to pull that card out on us.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the leak, whether it's real or fake, killed the "too tall" argument.
If people didn't think she'd look right standing next to short character in Smash, then they were proven wrong by that picture.
Whether it's a real picture or fan-made, it still has the perfect height for a Palutena model in Smash :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Can't Palutena change her own size at will anyway?
Nah. She's limited to her normal Palutena size. She can make projections of her that can be as big as she wants, though.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Eh, my only problem with her is that she only has a few established attacks in canon.

But hey, she has a shield, a staff, and Peach and Zelda have unique movesets, so what do I know?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I know she can do that. For some reason I thought she changed physical size in the anime at points. Guess I remembered it wrong.
Hm. I haven't seen all the anime shorts, so maybe you're remembering something I'm not.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hm. I haven't seen all the anime shorts, so maybe you're remembering something I'm not.
In Sakurai's Dojo update for Brawl that revealed Pit's FS, he said:

"Now that’s what I call a deity. Look how big she is!

Well, I guess technically that’s not her actual size. She just chose to manifest herself as something that big."

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/pit.html

Although technically you could interpret that as a projection, but take that as you will, I suppose. I'd say it's not outside the realm of possibility for her to magically alter her actual size, but I highly doubt we'll ever see her do it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If Medusa can appear in a giant form in Uprising while having a human sized form in the first game, i'm sure Palutena can do the same.

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Whenever the gods are big (cept Hades) they are usually see-through. Palutena's projection in the Ring of Chaos mission was see-through and Viridi's projection in The Wrath of the Reset Bomb was also see-through.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Assuming Palutena's in the game, I had a great idea for the Kid Icarus stages.
When you're playing with Pit or Palutena on the KI stages, similar to Star Fox stages, you can trigger dialogue from the gods and goddesses from the game, complete with voice acting from everyone.
That would honestly be a really cool addition to the game!

If Medusa can appear in a giant form in Uprising while having a human sized form in the first game, i'm sure Palutena can do the same.
Plus you fight Palutena in a normal-sized form.

Last edited by a moderator:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Phewww. My connection's still bunk and dunk with being so slow because my mom apparently can't pay up, so I managed to finally drag myselfto update the supporter list. Wish I could be active here too but I dig it plenty with reading your discussions. Dunno what I'd add though.

Maybe I'll do some little game? Hmm.

Sakurai's basically writing his own fanfiction which we all pay to play really. Of course his favourites come to be in the spotlight, naturally.

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Told ya guys this was the month of decomfirmations. Brittany from Pikmin 3 is deconfirmed to be a playable character.

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
I guess he's making it easier to predict rosters....I didn't really see any of the 3 deconfirmed characters as likely, but I can see why people did.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I was one of tohse people that thought Palutena was a terrible choice because of her lending Pit the power of flight... But I don't care anymore, she is a great character and she deserves to be in this game. She can be a very unique character (and probably very funny like in KI:U). So I supporte her now.

Also "When Palutena joins the fight, Viridi lends Pit the power of flight. Viridi:Leave it to me!"

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
We've got 3 weeks until E3 which means there's going to be 3 more character decomfirmations. Let's hope these weeks don't include anyone important.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That meme's still terrible though. *pouty Pit look*

And 3 weeks already? Last time I kept track of E3 we had 30 days of waiting.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Assuming Palutena's in the game, I had a great idea for the Kid Icarus stages.
When you're playing with Pit or Palutena on the KI stages, similar to Star Fox stages, you can trigger dialogue from the gods and goddesses from the game, complete with voice acting from everyone.
That would honestly be a really cool addition to the game!

Plus you fight Palutena in a normal-sized form.
You aren't the only one with that idea, it is a very common think in these forums, really common

I was one of tohse people that thought Palutena was a terrible choice because of her lending Pit the power of flight... But I don't care anymore, she is a great character and she deserves to be in this game. She can be a very unique character (and probably very funny like in KI:U). So I supporte her now.

Also "When Palutena joins the fight, Viridi lends Pit the power of flight. Viridi:Leave it to me!"
I am glad to read you changed your mind, just going to say that Smash isn't canonical with the franchises represented in it, so details like the power of flight here are irelevant.

Eh, my only problem with her is that she only has a few established attacks in canon.

But hey, she has a shield, a staff, and Peach and Zelda have unique movesets, so what do I know?
I think you are underestimating her attacks, she has plenty of different attacks maybe she got fewer in the physical department but otherwise she has lots of attacks.

Some of her attacks/ abilities
Palutena Glam Blaster
Kneel before me!
Cover your eyes!
It's time for a sacrifice
Poor you
This might sting
Power of weakpoint exposure
Centurion summon
Levitation
Monster pheromone
Power of flight
"Power of ninjary"
Palutena Super Sensor

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I would to play Palutena. I could see her as a character that revolves around trolling the opponent.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Consider in most of Uprising Palutena puts Pit into more bad situations then most of the enemies...

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

No, Viridi would be all Tsundere and say "I guess I can help an insect like you"

Top Bottom