• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

andimidna

Smash Master
@ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~
Just looked through the last 10 pages and found some supporters not on the list.
-Minato Arisato
-Burigu
-Groose
-Zuby
-Grayson
-ihskeyp
-Zero Suit Wario
-Ferio_Kun
-Rock & Roller Wabbit
-sheik93
-8-bit Man
-leprechaunlink727
-aliensalmon
-Ryan.
-senselessbreak
-Awaji66
-Nimbostratus
-Anomilus
-Hades the Magnificent :troll:

Last edited:

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too familiar with Kid Icaraus Series or Palutena, but from what I seen I hope she's in. She looks cool and can be unique.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Are you going to update the supporters list soon?
There have been at least 10 people in the last 10 pages...
I'll try, the internet's just been really slow in my home due parents not being able to pay up the taxes. If you guys could help collecting up while I try to find some place and time to update, I'd really aprpeciate it.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Just looked through the last 10 pages and found some supporters not on the list.
-Minato Arisato
-Burigu
-Groose
-Zuby
-Grayson
-ihskeyp
-Zero Suit Wario
-Ferio_Kun
-Rock & Roller Wabbit
-sheik93
-8-bit Man
-leprechaunlink727
-aliensalmon
-Ryan.
-senselessbreak
I wasn't listed when I posted my support a good while ago. :(

Still hasn't changed. I frequently note Palutena as a character I definitely want in. Probably don't have to say it as much though as most people believe she's a shoo-in at this point.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
-Minato Arisato
-Burigu
-Groose
-Zuby
-Grayson
-ihskeyp
-Zero Suit Wario
-Ferio_Kun
-Rock & Roller Wabbit
-sheik93
-8-bit Man
-leprechaunlink727
-aliensalmon
-Ryan.
-senselessbreak
I think you might be forgetting someone else cough cough perhaps Nimbostratus I guess it's the sign of a healthy community when you have so many supporters that you can't keep track of them all!

Burigu

Smash Ace
The reason Sakurai left Hal was because he was actually sick of making Kirby sequels and started his own development team, Sora where, according to Iwata, they began developing a Kid Icarus game on the Wii. My guess is that the only sequels his team will work on are any future Smash Bros games. After Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U he'll probably either make a new IP or reboot an old classic like Kid Icarus. If he chose to reboot a game series, I'd actually like to see what he could do with Ice Climbers.
Yes Kid Icarus Uprising started development with the Wii dev. tools because the 3ds was so new that the dev. tools for it had not reached everyone with the intention to develop for it, so the evolution of Kid Icarus Uprising is really interesting, intented from the start for the 3ds but starting development with the Wii tools

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Yes Kid Icarus Uprising started development with the Wii dev. tools because the 3ds was so new that the dev. tools for it had not reached everyone with the intention to develop for it, so the evolution of Kid Icarus Uprising is really interesting, intented from the start for the 3ds but starting development with the Wii tools
I'm really curious to see what the game would be like if it was released on the Wii. Also, there was apparently another Kid Icarus game being developed for the Wii that looked like it was going into a more mature direction. I'll try to find it.

EDIT: Here it is

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJF5g_LNELY

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I'm really curious to see what the game would be like if it was released on the Wii. Also, there was apparently another Kid Icarus game being developed for the Wii that looked like it was going into a more mature direction. I'll try to find it.

I always thought the Factor 5 "game" was just rumors and fake leaks. Whatever the case is, thank Palutena it never happened. The tone of Uprising was perfect for a Kid Icarus revival.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I always thought the Factor 5 "game" was just rumors and fake leaks. Whatever the case is, thank Palutena it never happened. The tone of Uprising was perfect for a Kid Icarus revival.
Trust me when I say that game looks like it would've been terrible. Both aesthetically and gameplay wise.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm glad that terrible thing never happened. Besides, I prefer Pit to look the way he is now. Series ain't called Kid Icarus for no reason. Besides, I'd be too worried bout poor Pit's looks if he was an adult. So the way he looks now is best for him. Plus, if he was aging, Palutena most likely would, but I feel that the 2 are better off looking the way they are now.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I never heard about Uprising originally being on the Wii, I heard it was supposed to be a Star Fox game, but not that. As for the Factor 5 game, the grittier direction just screams "Bomberman: Act-Zero".

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I never heard about Uprising originally being on the Wii, I heard it was supposed to be a Star Fox game, but not that. As for the Factor 5 game, the grittier direction just screams "Bomberman: Act-Zero".
And we all know how that ended up...

Also, the only notable game Factor 5 made was the Star Wars Rogue Sqaudron games. Everything else was approximaltey licensed games.

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
This is what the fanbase would react if they made that thing as KI game.
Edit: ignore the title, focus on what Pit says
That was a really funny moment in Uprising. :laugh:

Also, after some researching, I found out somebody made a 16-Bit remake of the original Kid Icarus game. It's called Super Kid Icarus.

Last edited:

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
Personally, I envision Palutena as a mage warrior, who would use her staff and shield combo to fight.
I made a video about it too. It addresses all possible evidence as well as her potential moveset.
Check it out, if you're interested...

andimidna

Smash Master
Personally, I envision Palutena as a mage warrior, who would use her staff and shield combo to fight.
I made a video about it too. It addresses all possible evidence as well as her potential moveset.

I saw the thread you made of this video before.
Kratos with a vagina... I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably :laugh:

And I like those moveset ideas

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice

These were all great ideas. Personally I'd be more interested in how her staff would work in conjunction with spells. Also, I wonder if she could use her shield to bash, Link in Twilight Princess for example.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
You can see Palutena in action in Palutena's Revolting Dinner and you get to fight her in Uprising. The character has potential and I have hopes on her being in Smash.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm glad that terrible thing never happened. Besides, I prefer Pit to look the way he is now. Series ain't called Kid Icarus for no reason. Besides, I'd be too worried bout poor Pit's looks if he was an adult. So the way he looks now is best for him. Plus, if he was aging, Palutena most likely would, but I feel that the 2 are better off looking the way they are now.
I imagine Pit would keep his boyish look even when getting older. This art I found shows what I think would be a step in the right direction.

Burigu

Smash Ace

That thing looks awful don't even know if it's real or not but it certainly doesn't look like Wii material, I suppose it's either a fake or some independient project with the hopes of appealing Nintendo, but since Sakurai himself said, Iwata ask him for a new game, he came with the shooter idea first and then looked if he could revive some of Nintendo's IP so he started with Kid Icarus.

So my guess is that a KI game was never planned from Nintendo's part for the Wii

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
That thing looks awful don't even know if it's real or not but it certainly doesn't look like Wii material, I suppose it's either a fake or some independient project with the hopes of appealing Nintendo, but since Sakurai himself said, Iwata ask him for a new game, he came with the shooter idea first and then looked if he could revive some of Nintendo's IP so he started with Kid Icarus.

So my guess is that a KI game was never planned from Nintendo's part for the Wii
I've said that I do believe this game would've been bad if released as (someone else said this) it screams Bomberman Act Zero. Apparently this was a prototype that was being developed without Nintendo's knowledge. And we know what happens when somebody makes something without Nintedo knowing first. Zelda movie and Metroid fan movie are good examples.

You can see Palutena in action in Palutena's Revolting Dinner and you get to fight her in Uprising. The character has potential and I have hopes on her being in Smash.
Even if there wasn't the boss battle, that wouldn't stop her from being a playable character. Fox (during the N64), Captain Falcon, Zelda, and R.O.B. are perfect cases of Sakurai making up movesets for characters.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I've said that I do believe this game would've been bad if released as (someone else said this) it screams Bomberman Act Zero. Apparently this was a prototype that was being developed without Nintendo's knowledge. And we know what happens when somebody makes something without Nintedo knowing first. Zelda movie and Metroid fan movie are good examples.
Yes that is what I said about trying to appeal Nintendo, I am happy those projects didn't get nintendo's approval

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
I never heard about Uprising originally being on the Wii, I heard it was supposed to be a Star Fox game, but not that.
The gameplay prototype was initially running on PC and Wii, primarily because devs wanted to test it before much info was set about 3DS. I'm not sure if they intended the game to be a Wii title at any moment though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The gameplay prototype was initially running on PC and Wii, primarily because devs wanted to test it before much info was set about 3DS. I'm not sure if they intended the game to be a Wii title at any moment though.
I did not know that, thanks for the info.

BTW, here's some concept art from "Kid" Icarus.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
-Minato Arisato
-Burigu
-Groose
-Zuby
-Grayson
-ihskeyp
-Zero Suit Wario
-Ferio_Kun
-Rock & Roller Wabbit
-sheik93
-8-bit Man
-leprechaunlink727
-aliensalmon
-Ryan.
-senselessbreak
-Awaji66
-Nimbostratus
-Anomilus
Yeah, definitely sign me up. I'm pretty surprised that I'm not on there--I was huge on Palutena back when I first joined. She still is one of the characters I'm most hyped about, even if I do have other, more farfetched wants as well.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Probably late, but I saw people were sharing stories so I want to share mine!

I never actually got to play Kid Icarus originally, but after Melee I began the hunt to play all things Nintendo as best as possible. Naturally I came upon the Kid Icarus series, it being the long-lost cousin of Metroid, and wasn't able to play it until it came out in the VC for the Wii. I got it day one and it became one of my favorite NES games.
Enter Brawl, and I was excited about Pit's redesign since I felt it might mean a new KI game. I was one of those people often waiting for the series to come back and making a lot of Miyamoto comments about "maybe" or "we'll see"

Fastforward to the reveal of the 3DS, which I was uninterested in, and the first game they use to showcase it is the Kid Icarus sequel I'd been waiting for. Since then I knew I had to get a 3DS, but I wound up waiting on it a long time since the game wasn't actually ready at launch. Finally got the 3DS a couple of months before the March release date, and as soon as it came out and I finished work and studies, I played it religiously. To me it is still the top 3DS game of all time, even after all the Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem and Pokemon. We'll see if Smash manages to topple it, although I find it tough given just how awesome the story is.
Also, I am particularly pleased that of all people, it was Sakurai who was given the chance to revive Kid Icarus. That was just awesome, and I can't wait to see the series continue. Like Pacack, I think it is best if Sakurai retires, but I kind of wish he would take on the Miyamoto/grandfather role of wandering around studios spreading the seeds of good ideas all over the place. A Kid Icarus game on the Wii U would be phenomenal and given all they were able to do with the 3DS, what they could do in a console would be nothing short of amazing.

And yea, it bears to note that I really really love what Sakurai did with Palutena. In the original games she was just this princess-like character you had to save, and suddenly she was this hilarious, trollish, powerful goddess that was always going through the adventures with you, being actively involved in the story and the exposition. I literally applauded after finishing the game, it's just brilliant, and that's not even mentioning the slap-in-the-face (because it's soo good) that was Hades and Viridi and even Pyrrohn. I seriously feel like one of the coolest side games Nintendo could do is to make a real time strategy game in which you play as Palutena, Hades or Viridi and your job is to oversee the missions of your generals and managing troops in order to allow them to succeed. The greater the success, the more minions/grind rails/items/flight power you can create. But that's really just because I want to play as Palutena, and seeing how she's pretty much in Smash I guess that will happen regardless.

But yea, I kind of really like both the game and Palutena. Like, absurdly.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
I finished Uprising earlier, and I now have all the more reason to support Palutena. Not that I didn't before, of course.
So, which chapter was your favorite?

I never actually got to play Kid Icarus originally, but after Melee I began the hunt to play all things Nintendo as best as possible. Naturally I came upon the Kid Icarus series, it being the long-lost cousin of Metroid, and wasn't able to play it until it came out in the VC for the Wii. I got it day one and it became one of my favorite NES games.
Enter Brawl, and I was excited about Pit's redesign since I felt it might mean a new KI game. I was one of those people often waiting for the series to come back and making a lot of Miyamoto comments about "maybe" or "we'll see"

Fastforward to the reveal of the 3DS, which I was uninterested in, and the first game they use to showcase it is the Kid Icarus sequel I'd been waiting for. Since then I knew I had to get a 3DS, but I wound up waiting on it a long time since the game wasn't actually ready at launch. Finally got the 3DS a couple of months before the March release date, and as soon as it came out and I finished work and studies, I played it religiously. To me it is still the top 3DS game of all time, even after all the Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem and Pokemon. We'll see if Smash manages to topple it, although I find it tough given just how awesome the story is.
Also, I am particularly pleased that of all people, it was Sakurai who was given the chance to revive Kid Icarus. That was just awesome, and I can't wait to see the series continue. Like Pacack, I think it is best if Sakurai retires, but I kind of wish he would take on the Miyamoto/grandfather role of wandering around studios spreading the seeds of good ideas all over the place. A Kid Icarus game on the Wii U would be phenomenal and given all they were able to do with the 3DS, what they could do in a console would be nothing short of amazing.

And yea, it bears to note that I really really love what Sakurai did with Palutena. In the original games she was just this princess-like character you had to save, and suddenly she was this hilarious, trollish, powerful goddess that was always going through the adventures with you, being actively involved in the story and the exposition. I literally applauded after finishing the game, it's just brilliant, and that's not even mentioning the slap-in-the-face (because it's soo good) that was Hades and Viridi and even Pyrrohn. I seriously feel like one of the coolest side games Nintendo could do is to make a real time strategy game in which you play as Palutena, Hades or Viridi and your job is to oversee the missions of your generals and managing troops in order to allow them to succeed. The greater the success, the more minions/grind rails/items/flight power you can create. But that's really just because I want to play as Palutena, and seeing how she's pretty much in Smash I guess that will happen regardless.

I wonder if Sakurai had any hand in developing the dialogue because both Palutena and him are deceptively trollish.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Like Pacack, I think it is best if Sakurai retires, but I kind of wish he would take on the Miyamoto/grandfather role of wandering around studios spreading the seeds of good ideas all over the place.
I'd love this. I have no idea if it would actually happen, but I want it so badly.

Burigu

Smash Ace

It's never really late to share a story, by the way you mentioned every 3ds game I own, KI, FE, AC and Pokemon X and I agree
I am not sure if Sakurai will do things the "Miyamoto way" the 2 see game development in opposite ways

Last edited:

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
WOO! SMASH BROS TOURNAMENT AT E3! YEAAAAAAH!!:psycho:
:joyful:

*ahem*

I am hoping to see Palutena be announced and used during E3.

Top Bottom